Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: All Xiao Long Nu Versions

Louis & Carmen are the best, they indeed sure are do making a goooood-looking couple.

LYF vs Carmen ---> is like--> Britney Spears vs Elizabeth Taylor(Queen of Hollywood)
    Last edited by darknight123; 02-01-07 at 08:39 PM.

Default found several roch95 pixs

whenever I looking into these pixs they gave me a darn sweet feeling OR is it just me?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/7968/couple1wd8.jpg') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/2152/couple3bmw8.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/6034/couple2bvt2.jpg') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/307/shebkf2.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/7973/she2bym7.jpg') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/5172/couple4byk5.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/9125/couple7bks8.jpg') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/8228/couple5bay3.jpg')
    Last edited by darknight123; 02-01-07 at 10:39 PM.

Here some more comparsion pics

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/1268/13609454zc0.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/3412/59208809kr2.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/9642/82671597gk0.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/3608/22mc2.jpg')

Wow JinYong1, your picture comparison on the first page is very thorough and organized! Great Job!
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.

I vote for Idy Chan and Andy Lau. The rest of the casts of ROCH83 also better than any other ROCH. The martial art of ROCH83 also better, the slow motion hand to hand combat is the best. However, ROCH83 can't compare to LOCH82, Guo Jing and Huang Rong love story is way more interesting......
    http://www.cohongmusic.com/ProductImages/movie/dvd/tvbi/huongthanhlangtu.jpg
    The Golden Five Tigers of the 80s are the best wuxia artists ever!

Carmen is the best

LYF is too childish and hate the way she acts innocent, but actually she's not
    Jang Nara

Jang Nara (MTV clips, advertisement clips, etc..)
    http://lonelyviet.com/showthread.php?t=26451

I really enjoyed RoCH 1995 and 2006, as for my favourite Xiao Long Nu... I think Carmen Lee was very wonderful. I liked her better than Liu Yi Fei, but I have to say the I'm beginning to like Liu Yi Fei a little more than I used to.
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Carmen Lee was very fantastic for the role. I liked her better than Liu Yi Fei I have to say that Carmen is the most beautiful.

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

wow...so much talk about ROCH95 and the amazing performance of Carman Lee....im beginning to feel like im missing out......makes me wonder about ROCH95
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 02-13-07 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c
    wow...so much talk about ROCH95 and the amazing performance of Carman Lee....im beginning to feel like im missing out something......makes me wonder about ROCH95
    Nothing great about her performance. Stiff as hell. She just looks cold( easy to do just dont show any emotion ).

Her career went down the drain after ROCH. Even the damn 'Twins' are in better positions.

Wink

I agree w/ crazylife about Carmen Lee's career, she doesn't have that many movies at all. Yeah, she's a lot prettier than LDP, but it's normal, we usually like the new things/people...ect... and ditch the old. So LDP is very popular among the young fans.

Who is LDP? Thnx.

LDP.. i think is LYF. Luu Diec Phi is her viet name
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Oh. Okay. Thnx, Sugar!

thanks sugar yeah Luu Diec Phi is lyf's viet name

absolutely agreed w/ ghostdarTeal'c so much talk about ROCH95 & carmen although it's been 12 yrs now.....makes me wonder about it too..

Quote Originally Posted by TiffTiff
    Yeah, she's a lot prettier than LDP
    Definitely true, yeah I absolutely agreed w/ TiffTiff that "she's a lot prettier than LDP".

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

Quote Originally Posted by darknight123
    Definitely true, yeah I absolutely agreed w/ TiffTiff that "she's a lot prettier than LDP".
    Liu Yi Fei is cute, perfect with teenage freshness (well, definitely has something to do with the fact that she is actually 18 when she did ROCH), nothing to boast of coz there are loads of similar actresses in the industry....

While from the pictures that i saw, Carman is very beautiful, in a more matured and womanly way....there are many actresses likewise too, so where does this get us?

So basically, i think Liu Yi Fei only fit the role of the 16/18-year-old Xiao Long Nu, while Carman fits to be the Xiao Long Nu of early 20s and definitely the one after the 16years separation....

After all, JY described XLN as a very beautiful girl, although it would be weird to say that she is cute, i have the impression that beautiful doesnt mean cute....most likely mean that when you put this person next to someone else, she'd still be more appealing and attractive. With LYF, i feel that she's very pretty, but when Lu Wu Shuang appeared, im starting to think the latter girl is much more attractive....

just my observation, tho...
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 02-14-07 at 09:21 AM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

I like Carmens XLn very much. She was not just cold and emotionless. Her eyes could tell storys like Liu Tao A Zhu in DSDS2003. She and Louis had better chemestry.
    I also like the 98 version. Fann Wong and Christopher Lee did a great job too. It's not that famous like 95 but their acting were fabulous.
    I'm not sure whether I like the 06 version or not. The scenerie was the best, also the technique, but the storyline was cut badly. It was always:
    - Long Er, I do miss you so much
    - Guo Er, i do miss you too. But I have to go so you have to find me again.
    It went on like that all the time.
    It was touching in the first time, but they couldn't stop playing Hide And Seek. That annoyed me so bad.
    LYF's XLN was freaking. You can say LYF's acting improved compared to her old acting but it's obviously lousy compared to other actresses.
    It's my opinion so don't go after me.
    Some people say Carmens was the cold and icy XLN and LYF's is the emotional one.
    I don't think so. Carmans XLN didn't show her emotion on her face but her actions, the way she moves, her voice, how she talked to Yg, all that show how she feels, how she loves YG and how Carman was in to the role.
    LYF bland face could smile or cry but I couldn't feel anything watching her crying and calling Guo Er.
    Fann wong's XLN was also very emotional but it was very authentic. One could feel her lonelyness and sadness. I was also very touched by the chemstry in ROCH 98 while in ROCH06 I always wish them (XLN & YG) to be seperated. They were so annoying stupidly sacrefying for each other.
    One fact added to why I don't like LYF's XLN is her Goddes like perfection. She was able do evrything and behaves too fairylike for my liking. Carmans and Fann Wongs XLN was realistic and human like. Ofcourse Jin Yong described XLN like an Ideal women but he described a women not a fairy. It shouldn't sound like i think LYF's XLN is a fairy but she tried to act so. That's why it pissed me of.
    Sorry to everybody who doesn't agree. ( But so it is IMO).
    Last edited by ann_fang; 02-15-07 at 01:10 PM.
    Hi ya!!

Fancy Ady,adore Yang Mi, admire Jiang Xin, love Jimmy and dream about Hu Ge.
    Ruby Lin Forever!!!
    Gao Yuan Yuan is my Goddess!

Default WELL SAID....

Quote Originally Posted by ann_fang
    I like Carmens XLn very much. She was not just cold and emotionless. Her eyes could tell storys like Liu Tao A Zhu in DSDS2003. She and Louis had better chemestry.
    I also like the 98 version. Fann Wong and Christopher Lee did a great job too. It's not that famous like 95 but their acting were fabulous.
    I'm not sure whether I like the 06 version or not. The scenerie was the best, also the technique, but the storyline was cut badly. It was always:
    - Long Er, I do miss you so much
    - Guo Er, i do miss you too. But I have to go so you have to find me again.
    It went on like that all the time.
    It was touching in the first time, but they couldn't stop playing Hide And Seek. That annoyed me so bad.
    LYF's XLN was freaking. You can say LYF's acting improved compared to her old acting but it's obviously lousy compared to other actresses.
    It's my opinion so don't go after me.
    Some people say Carmens was the cold and icy XLN and LYF's is the emotional one.
    I don't think so. Carmans XLN didn't show her emotion on her face but her actions, the way she moves, her voice, how she talked to Yg, all that show how she feels, how she loves YG and how Carman was in to the role.
    LYF bland face could smile or cry but I couldn't feel anything watching her crying and calling Guo Er.
    Fann wong's XLN was also very emotional but it was very authentic. One could feel her lonelyness and sadness. I was also very touched by the chemstry in ROCH 98 while in ROCH06 I always wish them (XLN & YG) to be seperated. They were so annoying stupidly sacrefying for each other.
    One fact added to why I don't like LYF's XLN is her Goddes like perfection. She was able do evrything and behaves too fairylike for my liking. Carmans and Fann Wongs XLN was realistic and human like. Ofcourse Jin Yong described XLN like an Ideal women but he described a women not a fairy. It shouldn't sound like i think LYF's XLN is a fairy but she tried to act so. That's why it pissed me of.
    Sorry to everybody who doesn't agree. ( But so it is IMO).
    Very WELL said ann_fang . I have the exactly same thoughts too.

Carmen is still remaining the most sucessful XLN. She's the most Beautiful candidate to play this role. I don't think Carman stiff at all. Looking at her eyes it say everything.

As for ROCH 98 Fann Wong and Christopher Lee, yeah they did a great jod of protraying the love between Yg and Xln. I do feel their chemistry and was touched by their love. Surprisingly when I watched ROCH06 I didn't feel Hxm's and Lyf's chemistry as much as I felt for Fan's and Chris'....now how does that happened? Anyone care to answer?

I remember when I watched ROCH98 Tawain(the version that Xln wore black cloth), I even do feels their chemistry also.

As for ROCH96, although Hxm and Lyf trying to protrayed the love of Yg and Xln with a bunch of their hugging, touching, and so much romantic words/conversations strangely I didn't feel their chemsitry as much as the other older versions. I didn't touched by their love but infact it was annoying me by the mid-part-way of the series. Hxm looks WAY TOO OLD for Lyf man. It's more like a brother/sister look than a lover look. Hxm and Lyf didn't make a good looking couple. Not to mention the storyline is sucked it was cut very badly. They cut almost all other parts just to show only yg and xln love.

Seeing Roch06 version Hxm and Lyf always like this thru out the whole series:
    YG:
    Gu Gu I love you so much.
    XLN:
    Guo Er I love you so much too.
    It went on like that ALL the time eventually it becomes less interesting and it was annyoing.
    Last edited by darknight123; 02-15-07 at 11:51 PM.

Talking

Yes, LDP is LYF, soggie

I forgot 1 important thing, in the '06 version, they were promoting LYF TOO MUCHHHHHH. They filmed her face from every angle you can think of. In the '94 (TVB version), they didn't focus a lot on Carmen's face. Well, they didn't make it so OBVIOUS like on LYF. Yeah, she has a doll face, she smiled too much as XLN