Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who should be the *new* IMPORTANT CELEBRITY OF THE MONTH?

Default Who should be the *new* IMPORTANT CELEBRITY OF THE MONTH?

As you all have noticed, this August's theme was undoubtedly PEAK OF PERFECTION IN SWORDPLAY, the signature line of SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan.

Well, August came and went... SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan should have been super delighted in his novel-imaginary grave. Now we step into a new month. I propose that we take this opportunity each month to RECOGNIZE some truly obscure folks in the world of wuxia: characters that no one typically cares about, that nobody ever really talks about... but sort of add a delicate delight to the story.

To quality for IMPORTANT CELEBRITY OF THE MONTH (in Mandarin: Da Ren Wu), the character must be relatively unknown to the readers AND to the wuxia world. His/her appearances in the novel should be brief. He/she should not have many revered fans among the readers. And he/she should not have been subject of many discussions. Basically, must be an ultra unpopular, little-known person.

I have a proposal for September:

1. The "Fast Sabre" clown from DGSD. The guy has really reached the peak of perfection in timing. this is what happened: Xiao Feng was launching an assault on one of the guys at Juxian Zhuang. 2 Xuan generation monks launch their own attack to neutralize Xiao Feng's attack. Just when the 2 forces were about to clash, "Fast Sabre" decides to fall from above and join the fun. He was up there the whole time, but I guess he felt ignored or something, so he fell from the sky at just the right time. Result: he gets creamed in the middle of the 2 crushing forces and dies a horrible (but much enjoyable) death.
    Last edited by PJ; 09-06-06 at 08:06 PM.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

How about Duan Tian De (That guy that killed Guo Jing Father)...

If he was not in the story, Condor Heroes would never have happened.

The problem with Kuai Dao Qi Liu is that he did not have a single word of dialogue in the novel.

We should at least choose people with speaking lines!

guo polu...who was nearly useless in the plotline beside proving the point that GJ & HR can produce a kid that doesn't either have all the good gene or all the bad genes

Bai Wan Jian

Reasons: http://hysbht.blogspot.com/2006/07/bai-wanjian.html

Credit: HuangYushi.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

would "divine croc" qualify?

those scissor swords are the way to go!
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

Granny Sun.

Ah Da from HSDS

Quote Originally Posted by resident:alien
    would "divine croc" qualify?

those scissor swords are the way to go!
    I second that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying
    guo polu...who was nearly useless in the plotline beside proving the point that GJ & HR can produce a kid that doesn't either have all the good gene or all the bad genes
    works for me

Quote Originally Posted by The Khan
    Ah Da from HSDS
    I second that. The 8 ARMED SWORDSMAN! The former Leader of the Elders of Beggar Sect...
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

Fang Dongbai.

Mo Da from Xiao Ao Jiang Hu.

Monke Khan's horse, who was supposed to be faster than the little red horse.
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

PJ,

Although we held the Month of SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan festival, it has sadly failed to acheive its aim.

No one else seems to be discussing or talking about him, other then smart-alec remarks. No body even seems to care about the translation of his appearances in the book (the real bits at Ling Jiu Gong, not the fan-fic from you!).

I say we _CONTINUE_ with the Festival of SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan until he receives due credit from the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    PJ,

Although we held the Month of SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan festival, it has sadly failed to acheive its aim.

No one else seems to be discussing or talking about him, other then smart-alec remarks. No body even seems to care about the translation of his appearances in the book (the real bits at Ling Jiu Gong, not the fan-fic from you!).

I say we _CONTINUE_ with the Festival of SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan until he receives due credit from the forum!

SUPPORT!

One month and still not much interest in Zhuo Bufan. It shows that people are not interested him. I doubt prolonging the festival will make any more difference unless u do some serieous promoting instead of making him look like a joke.

I've read the translation. He seems quite powerful. I would really like to know what happened to him and Xu Zhu. But the good effect of the serious translation was spoiled by the silly fanfics. Those silly fanfics makes Zhuo Bufan into a joke and also confuses readers on which part is true and which part is fanfic. I gave up reading that thread after reading a couple of the silly fanfics. The smart-alec remarks and the constant mentioning of the 'peak of perfection' makes him even more of a joke. I don't think many people take him seriously now.
    Last edited by kidd; 09-07-06 at 11:38 PM.

Simple. The promoters aren't taking him that seriously either. They were out there to portray him as a joke, weren't they?

*stands up in a dangerous manner*

Does anyone else believe that Sword God Zhuo Bufan, who has reached the peak of perfection in swordplay after 30 years of isolated training, is a joke?

of course he isn't a joke....compared to the society but he is a joke in comparision to someone like..... Li Qui Sui!

As for who should be the next celebrity, I feel that Zhuo Bu Fan should be replaced by the 8 Armed Swordsman- Fang Dongbai! He has reached the peak of perfection in the SPEED aspects of swordplay.
    Last edited by Whsie; 09-08-06 at 12:08 AM.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗