Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Jay Chou

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c
    watch Curse of Golden Flower and then you'll know....

be noted that I dont like him before this, i dont like any of those singers turning actors, coz most of them cant act...(and i still cringe at the sight of Lee Hom in The Avenging Fist, and F4 are just horrible) but after i saw COGF, i feel that he's been working hard improving himself and not just putting his face in a film and be a vase.
    Initial D did not impress me at all....all those cold, macho looks, no depth in my opinion...but Prince Jai in COGF nails it......he puts his best, working with great actors like Gong Li and CYF, and i was expecting him to be just another vase in here, but the opposite actually happened....im not liking him just yet, but i do look forward to his future filming works....
    Ive watched it 4 times. the only reason i like it is because it has gong li.

Quote Originally Posted by big master
    try some gem music of his like: simple love, kai bu liao gou, anti clockwise and lots lots more but i honestly like his older songs better...

and yes, curse, watch him on curse

by the way, most peeps u know dun like jay? majority of the peeps i know lov jay, includng me
    Sorry big master, but the reason I dislike him is because of his songs. Well, his songs are okay, but not his voice. i always download his songs, who are sang by other people, which end up much better, like Bibi singing "hei se you mo" .... 10 times better than jay chow.
    Sometimes it's hard to love someone because you're so afraid of losing them.

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

Quote Originally Posted by girllikeme
    look, you dont like him, then fine...different ppl different tastes, ideas, thoughts, perception....there's no ending if you say you dont like him and then ask ppl why they like him and then you go countering whatever those ppl say......all right, we get it that you dont like him.is there any significance to this revelation whatsoever? nope....

i am only comparing his performance in Initial D and in COGF, and evidently he's improved. did i say he's my new idol? no. all i said was im looking forward to his next movies.....

i never heard his music, but Ju Hua Tai in COGF was decent, all right, good IMO, i like the melody, i like the lyrics, i like the voice he used in that particular song.....

hmm, to think of it again, i liked his song for Fearless too, not to the point of obsessing it, but it sounded good....again that is only MY OPINION....i am not asking anyone to agree with me, much less those who already decided to brand Jay Chou as an untalented person....
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 03-01-07 at 05:58 AM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

gong li's good

Sorry big master, but the reason I dislike him is because of his songs. Well, his songs are okay, but not his voice. i always download his songs, who are sang by other people, which end up much better, like Bibi singing "hei se you mo" .... 10 times better than jay chow.
    bibi is good but jay is also good...seems like a different genre of music for both....each has their own style
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!

i am only comparing his performance in Initial D and in COGF, and evidently he's improved. did i say he's my new idol? no. all i said was im looking forward to his next movies.....

indeed, he was super good here compared to initial D...as for me, he was and stil is one of my idols
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

Quote Originally Posted by lido_freak
    no..all i know is he's in initial D as Takumi...lol
    hey gao hu fan! didnt think i wud find u here in jay's thread
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

look, you dont like him, then fine...different ppl different tastes, ideas, thoughts, perception....there's no ending if you say you dont like him and then ask ppl why they like him and then you go countering whatever those ppl say......all right, we get it that you dont like him.is there any significance to this revelation whatsoever? nope....

i never heard his music, but Ju Hua Tai in COGF was decent, all right, good IMO, i like the melody, i like the lyrics, i like the voice he used in that particular song.....

hmm, to think of it again, i liked his song for Fearless too, not to the point of obsessing it, but it sounded good....again that is only MY OPINION....i am not asking anyone to agree with me, much less those who already decided to brand Jay Chou as an untalented person....
    Look. Im saying my opinion. Im trying to see why yyou guys like Jay chow so much. Youve said a few examples, but i dont think they can make me convinced that he is good. I knoww that ur not trying to convince me, but I want to be convinced that there IS talent in Jay Chow. Im sure there is, thats why hes got a lot of fans, but I cant see the talent. Tell me
    Sometimes it's hard to love someone because you're so afraid of losing them.

Tell me
    i've already told you what i see in him.....thats just about it...

I knoww that ur not trying to convince me, but I want to be convinced that there IS talent in Jay Chow. Im sure there is, thats why hes got a lot of fans, but I cant see the talent.
    im guessing there arent many here in SPCnet.....or maybe he doesnt have that much of fans like you thought he does....either way, it doesnt concern me.

good luck in looking for his talent that define 'real talent' in your point of view.... Note: this is a real sincere gesture, not a cynical one that might offend you in any way...
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 03-02-07 at 04:26 AM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

wow.. a debate has gone on.. lol.. I know a lot of people who like Jay a lot.. and I also noe some who don't like him.. but most would certainly agree that he's darn good at composing songs.. much better than any other in the industry currently anyway.. like he's very consistent and each of his album has a least three good songs.. and sometimes, the whole thing.. which I find really amazing cos this way, u dun get bored about him.. his fans are quite lucky in a way, get to 'renew' their 'love' for him every year cos he won't fail to impress them.. ^^ unlike other composers nowadays who are usually only good in one or two albums.. plus he actually compose lots of songs for others and many of them actually make that person popular.. classic example will be Jolin's Dao Dai.. many other Taiwanese singers too, like jacky Wu, Landy Wen, Show Luo.. Lotss!!~
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

Quote Originally Posted by ChestNut
    but most would certainly agree that he's darn good at composing songs.. much better than any other in the industry currently anyway..
    dont know bout his other songs, but Ju Hua Tai is excellent...i fell in love with it straight away, and to know that Jay composed it himself surprised me right there and then....it's really good....

i think im gonna listen to his other songs....just in case i might like'em....
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -

dont know bout his other songs, but Ju Hua Tai is excellent...i fell in love with it straight away, and to know that Jay composed it himself surprised me right there and then....it's really good....

i think im gonna listen to his other songs....just in case i might like'em....
    yea Ji Hua Tai is definitely one of his best.. If u like Ji Hua Tai, u might like ' Fa Ru Xue' and 'Dong Fong Buo' excellent songs!!!
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

I'll do that, thanx for the recommendation.....

however, i am at disadvantage here. i am able to appreciate Ju Hua Tai because there are subs (i heard it when i watched Curse of Golden Flower dvd, watched twice in the cinema ), i dont think i can fully appreciate his other songs unless theres translations of them, me being illiterate in chinese.... but i will definitely look'em up...
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 03-02-07 at 09:59 AM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -

Quote Originally Posted by ChestNut
    classic example will be Jolin's Dao Dai.. many other Taiwanese singers too, like jacky Wu, Landy Wen, Show Luo.. Lotss!!~
    actually, the good songs of jolin r mostly composed by jay like u said, dao dai and mr right (not sure of the title, ost in hi working girl!!) if they r not by jay, jolin's songs have repetative same tunes...
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

however, i am at disadvantage here. i am able to appreciate Ju Hua Tai because there are subs (i heard it when i watched Curse of Golden Flower dvd, watched twice in the cinema ), i dont think i can fully appreciate his other songs unless theres translations of them, me being illiterate in chinese.... but i will definitely look'em up...

there are some translations u can find in the lyrics of his songs his older songs are really quite fresh n catchy while his newer songs are more emotional...try Qian li zhi wai...i love that one
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

From JayChou Studio website

01 March 2007

It is said Jay Chou might star in another martial art movie named "Sword A-Bi" to be directed by Andrew Lau. Although there is no confirmation about this, Andrew Lau, who had photography and directing experience from Young & Dangerous, Storm Riders, Infernal Affairs trilogy, and Initial D, said that "It should be them two starring in it." The two referring to Jay Chou and Jeon Hi Hyun. More on this news from article in Jay Chou Studio website....

http://www.jaychoustudio.com/archive...on-ji-hyun/658
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 03-04-07 at 05:31 AM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -

It is said Jay Chou might star in another martial art movie named "Sword A-Bi" to be directed by Andrew Lau. Although there is no confirmation about this, Andrew Lau, who had photography and directing experience from Young & Dangerous, Storm Riders, Infernal Affairs trilogy, and Initial D, said that "It should be them two starring in it." The two referring to Jay Chou and Jeon Hi Hyun. More on this news from article in Jay Chou Studio website....

what? i lov jay in ancient!!! and jeon ji hyun is real hot!!!! WOW! im so looking forward to this
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

i think i changed my mind about his acting after CoGF. It was not great, BUT it certainly wasn't as dismal as i imagined.

there had been previous rumours about Jay Chou playing WXB in DOMD and i panicked then

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    there had been previous rumours about Jay Chou playing WXB in DOMD and i panicked then
    Wei XiaoBao? that wouldve tarnished my view of him, cuz i hate Wei Xiao Bao....tho it's only an acting, still good thing it's only a rumour....
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 03-04-07 at 06:14 AM.

Comment from Anthony Wong about Jay's self-directed movie, "A Secret I Can't Tell You". Anthony Wong praised him saying his directing was better than his acting, even Hong Kong investor William Kong nodded frequently when visiting. Article from Jay Chou Studio

http://www.jaychoustudio.com/archive...his-acting/657

i dont think id be watching this though, not a fan of romance genres, but im pretty much impressed that Jay's taken another step forward as to direct his own movie....
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -

actually u don't have to worry cos haha, Jay is very popular actually and has lots of fans who don't understand mandarin hence there are lots of sites u can go to for translations.. here's a good one that I like cos it offers both 'pin yin' (romanised mandarin words) and english translations and it's done in high quality as well.. hehehe
    http://www.jaychoustudio.com/jay-chou-translations
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

Thank you ChestNut, although i browsed thru Jay Chou Studio i did not notice there is a page for translations...in fact i am checking it out right now...thnx!