Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Jay Chou

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c
    Thank you ChestNut, although i browsed thru Jay Chou Studio i did not notice there is a page for translations...in fact i am checking it out right now...thnx!
    u r welcome!~~ I regularly go there cos most jay's songs do have really complicated lyrics that one might not easily understand even if they r chinese educated..
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

really? i dont know his piece is that deep.....is it really hard to understand his songs even by hearing it?makes me wonder how deep the musical talent of this guy.....im not really into music, most music that i like are usually those that i hear from TV series and movies....and i have to say Jay's music that ive heard are in fact very good....

i saw in the Studio that there's another theme song for Curse of Golden Flower, the one named Huang Jin Jia....i havent heard of that yet....i cant seem to remember it from the movie too...if you can tell me, which part did Huang Jin Jia was played in the movie, since Ju Hua Tai is the ending themesong?
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

An article from www.jay-chou.net

[07/03/07] Jay Chou's Costumes Auctioned for Charity

Source : Crienglish
    Credits : noreen (www.jay-chou.net)

Pop singer Jay Chou has auctioned on the web two precious costumes he once worn in shooting blockbuster film "Curse of the Golden Flower" for 260,000 yuan, or about 33,600 dollars. The auctioned mount will be donated to China's Red Cross for charity purposes.

According to Star Daily reports, the auction, co-sponsored by Beijing New Picture Film Co. and Paipai.com, ended with one of two costumes bid by 150,000 yuan or 19,000 dollars, and another by 114,000 yuan or 14,000 dollars. The costumes' buyer is a museum under Metersbonwe, a renowned costume company from Shanghai. Jay Chou has been a fashion spokesperson for that costume company.

The Chinese blockbuster film "Curse of the Golden Flower", directed by famous Chinese director Zhang Yimou, was nominated for best costume design at the recent 79th Oscars.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

An article from www.jay-chou.net

[07/03/07] Jay Chou's Costumes Auctioned for Charity

Source : Crienglish
    Credits : noreen (www.jay-chou.net)

Pop singer Jay Chou has auctioned on the web two precious costumes he once worn in shooting blockbuster film "Curse of the Golden Flower" for 260,000 yuan, or about 33,600 dollars. The auctioned mount will be donated to China's Red Cross for charity purposes.

According to Star Daily reports, the auction, co-sponsored by Beijing New Picture Film Co. and Paipai.com, ended with one of two costumes bid by 150,000 yuan or 19,000 dollars, and another by 114,000 yuan or 14,000 dollars. The costumes' buyer is a museum under Metersbonwe, a renowned costume company from Shanghai. Jay Chou has been a fashion spokesperson for that costume company.

The Chinese blockbuster film "Curse of the Golden Flower", directed by famous Chinese director Zhang Yimou, was nominated for best costume design at the recent 79th Oscars.

really? cool! i remeber way back 2005, jet li's weapon in fearless was said to be on display in one of the malls in my country for a few days...i was so excited but when i got there, i realized i was fooled the weapons were not in display
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!

thats a major bluff, man, you should say something to the mall's manager....it's a direct deceit to attract ppl to go to their mall......

thats a major bluff, man, you should say something to the mall's manager....it's a direct deceit to attract ppl to go to their mall......

yea it was even in the newspapers....really blew my day
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

theyre lucky, if Fearless production ppl knew about this, the mall would be sued to bankruptcy already....

really? i dont know his piece is that deep.....is it really hard to understand his songs even by hearing it?makes me wonder how deep the musical talent of this guy.....im not really into music, most music that i like are usually those that i hear from TV series and movies....and i have to say Jay's music that ive heard are in fact very good....

i saw in the Studio that there's another theme song for Curse of Golden Flower, the one named Huang Jin Jia....i havent heard of that yet....i cant seem to remember it from the movie too...if you can tell me, which part did Huang Jin Jia was played in the movie, since Ju Hua Tai is the ending themesong?
    yea, well most of his songs have difficult lyrics and some were actually like poems that it's use to test students in taiwanese schools.. but he didn't penned those though, it's by his colleague, Vincent Fang Wen San. The songs Jay penned are much easier to understand..

Yeah, Huang Jing Jia didn't actually appear in the movie (i expect it to be played when they're battling cos it's a fast track).. it was part of the Curse of Golden Flower EP ..
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

Newsflash dated March 8, 2007

Jay Chou is leaving his record company, taking all his works with him leaving the company emptied....this action is due to the company's insistence of abolishing his previous 7-y contract to a new one that is viewed as an act of bullying in Jay's part. At the moment, Jay is worth two hundred million yuan, a breaking record in Taiwan pop history.

More details at JayChou Studio

http://www.jaychoustudio.com/archive...ing-crisis/659

dont know why im beginning to get addicted to this guy...he's not even in my favourite list!
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 03-09-07 at 03:34 AM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -

Jay Chou is leaving his record company, taking all his works with him leaving the company emptied....this action is due to the company's insistence of abolishing his previous 7-y contract to a new one that is viewed as an act of bullying in Jay's part. At the moment, Jay is worth two hundred million yuan, a breaking record in Taiwan pop history.

dont know why im beginning to get addicted to this guy...he's not even in my favourite list!

the comapny did what? thats unfair! wow im sure the comapny will encounter a great loss as jay is doing very very good in the industry...

about ur addiction,i quite understand it...jay gave me that feeling too years ago...now, im a full-fledged fan
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

plus the person who brought Jay out to the world (something like manager) left the company a while earlier as well.. maybe all that adds up to him leaving. maybe he'll open up his own? lol
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

Quote Originally Posted by ChestNut
    maybe he'll open up his own? lol
    i'm thinking that's gonna be his move next.....he's been making quite drastic self-improvement lately....and i'm sure with his money he'd probably able to open a small production house, which would flourish faster with his increasing value....

it might also be too big a step for him, perhaps he'd start with another company first... But he's a risk taker, i wont even be surprised if he starts on his own later...
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -

I think he's just a f*cking ugly bullshit who loves sticking and squirting out his gross dick at every single pretty female celeb out there just because a chunk of bullshit still have some "talents" like fertilising the soil.A huge turn-off for me in terms of his attitude,looks and personality Acting wise... Not that extreme bad but still quite crappy ***You still have to stand his spiritless shitty face when he acts as in you need to see his face and and imagined how on earth can the camera stand the sight of him

Hmm ... The music he compose is quite nice nevertheless I have to admit and most importantly,I'm spared from seeing his face loitering within my sight.Loves his rhythm sense in music and the songs he writes for other artistes.In my opinion,he's better off hiding behind-the-scenes to do his composing for the artiste.That's my honest opinion.I'm not going to harp on and on.His singing has a distinguished flavor which sounds like murmur.That's his style I think so not gonna comment too much on it.But I do not like his way of singing.

Look, it's not his fault that he's not as handsome as the other singers that you admire, fall head over heels for....it's not like he can wish before he's born that he must be handsome, good-looking whatever shit you're trying to imply....

this is what i cant stand with some ppl, they tend to look for the LOOKS first, not the talent and i am not saying this to back up Jay Chou. This in fact happen to a lot of singers/entertainers....as for Jay, some ppl like his music, to those who dont then just stay away from his works...he's not trying to shove them down your throat or anything.....yes, he isnt good looking, does that hurt you in any way, Raenon? do you get heart attack looking at ugly ppl who's trying to survive in the entertainment industry by their talent/works?

i can accept negative comments on anything, but not shameless rants and curses of how this singers doesnt deserve to show his face in the public, despite arguable talent, because he's ugly in your eyes....you wanna post a complaint, go ahead, there's no stopping you, but do it in a civilized manner....

and to those curses that you posted, my only reply is, damn, buzz off already .....

where do you learn your manners anyway?
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 03-10-07 at 07:31 AM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -

Look, it's not his fault that he's not as handsome as the other singers that you admire, fall head over heels for....it's not like he can wish before he's born that he must be handsome, good-looking whatever shit you're trying to imply....

this is what i cant stand with some ppl, they tend to look for the LOOKS first, not the talent and i am not saying this to back up Jay Chou. This in fact happen to a lot of singers/entertainers....as for Jay, some ppl like his music, to those who dont then just stay away from his works...he's not trying to shove them down your throat or anything.....yes, he isnt good looking, does that hurt you in any way, Raenon? do you get heart attack looking at ugly ppl who's trying to survive in the entertainment industry by their talent/works?

i can accept negative comments on anything, but not shameless rants and curses of how this singers doesnt deserve to show his face in the public, despite arguable talent, because he's ugly in your eyes....you wanna post a complaint, go ahead, there's no stopping you, but do it in a civilized manner....

and to those curses that you posted, my only reply is, damn, buzz off already .....

haha, chill.. looks like u r turning into a jay fan already.. lol

Raenon, i dun find him good looking but i do find him cool looking.. lol.. plus messing with every single pretty female celeb?? where the hell did u get that?
    Anyway, at least U agree he produces good music and i'm sure he appreciates that more than anything despite u saying he's ugly.. lol..
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

nope, i still dont consider myself as a Jay fan. he's getting on my good sides....but that's just it.....

and my reply to Raenon is purely because i cant stand ppl who blindly go for the LOOKS department first and not talent. many talented singers flunk because they failed in the looks part, because ppl think no one deserve to be in the industry unless he/she's good looking....it's shallow and stupid kind of thinking...if you can enjoy his/her works, why bother of how he/ she looks?it's no one's fault to be born ugly....it's just the way it is, why should we attack anybody because of physical appearance? again, it's just a display of SHALLOWNESS and IMMATURITY....

and im pissed because certain ppl cant keep their tongue (or should i say fingers in this case?) to themselves....why must there be curses like that? it's a shocking expression of hate, and you cant hate anyone because he's ugly...where's the relevence in that? you wanna say you dont like him, that's okay, but do it subtlely, he didnt do anything bad to you that deserve such treatment....
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 03-10-07 at 07:45 AM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -

nope, i still dont consider myself as a Jay fan. he's getting on my good sides....but that's just it.....

and my reply to Raenon is purely because i cant stand ppl who blindly go for the LOOKS department first and not talent. many talented singers flunk because they failed in the looks part, because ppl think no one deserve to be in the industry unless he/she's good looking....it's shallow and stupid kind of thinking...if you can enjoy his/her works, why bother of how he/ she looks?it's no one's fault to be born ugly....it's just the way it is, why should we attack anybody because of physical appearance? again, it's just a display of SHALLOWNESS and IMMATURITY....

and im pissed because certain ppl cant keep their tongue (or should i say fingers in this case?) to themselves....why must there be curses like that? it's a shocking expression of hate, and you cant hate anyone because he's ugly...where's the relevence in that? you wanna say you dont like him, that's okay, but do it subtlely, he didnt do anything bad to you that deserve such treatment....
    aww, i'm dissapointed.. lol..

i agree.. just using looks to survive in the industry has certainly fail for many celebs ad the fact that Jay's still around after so many years prove something.. And er, i have lots of friends who are die hard Jay fans and it's never about his looks (though it helped a bit.. as in they actually find him quite good looking.. )
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

Thumbs down

this is what i cant stand with some ppl, they tend to look for the LOOKS first, not the talent....some ppl like his music, to those who dont then just stay away from his works...he's not trying to shove them down your throat or anything.....yes, he isnt good looking, does that hurt you in any way, Raenon? do you get heart attack looking at ugly ppl who's trying to survive in the entertainment industry by their talent/works?

i can accept negative comments on anything, but not shameless rants and curses of how this singers doesnt deserve to show his face in the public, despite arguable talent, because he's ugly in your eyes....you wanna complaint, go ahead, there's no stopping you, but do it in a civilized manner....

Thank You for your concern I learn my manners from my home,parents,interactions with friends etc etc.Does this answer yr question?I don't rant and rant on non-stop btw.I type wherever I think of and some comments if they are too civiliized basically reflects nothing but bullshit splattering and hypocritical.LOL .. ... and note**I am not being just critical in his physical appearance but rather the image he puts across .Surez.. ...if he had been more proper in his attitude whether it's love-life or work,I'm sure my opinions would be more humble.I have given due credits for his talents in songwriting but I need to be fair to other aspects as well.I don't fancy myself going oohs and arrhs like those celebs are so perfect and flawless.I criticize but I praise as well Didn't u admit that he's not good looking as well?He's f*cking bullshit to me not becoz of his looks only.Looks is only one of the aspect.

Where do you learn your english anyway? Your comments are so so enlightening but yet not factual realistic enough.You think people will look at your talents first in this world and especially in the entertainment circle?Talents of coz must have but that is inbuilt to be realised after sometime.Obviously,looks is the first thing ppl look at for first impression.Don't be naive
    Last edited by Raenon; 03-10-07 at 08:02 AM.

Raenon, i dun find him good looking but i do find him cool looking.. lol.. plus messing with every single pretty female celeb?? where the hell did u get that?
    Anyway, at least U agree he produces good music and i'm sure he appreciates that more than anything despite u saying he's ugly.. lol..
    It's all over the papers and magazines .. ... I feel so sorry for the his "girlfriends" .. ....

duh, if what you posted earlier is called mannered, i'll have to give it up to your
    parents, interactions with friends etc etc
    wallah! with all those curses that came thru, i have to say they did a great job....

oh yeah, you did praise him, do i have to thank you for that?

as for the looks part, didnt i say that ppl often see the LOOKS first, and then talent? that's the reality, but i think that sucks. it's human nature to look at appearance first, whether i like it or not, and there's nothing i can do about it other than voicing my own opinion, and that is, it sucks. what, a singer cant sing if he's ugly, despite his beautiful voice? that's a waste, a total waste. compared to the other good looking singers who cant sing, it's a total waste of talent. again, i am not backing Jay Chou, some of his songs dont click with my taste, but some does, and i enjoy the portion of his songs that do entertain me.

i dont know bout his style that you find so repulsive to even look at, im not his fan. All i know i enjoy some of his songs...and that's just about it.

as for your critics of my english, i will refrain myself from replying to that. it will only bring more spam to a thread that doesnt need it....i know where my level of english is, and i dont give a damn of what you think of it, period
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 03-10-07 at 09:41 AM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -