Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Jay Chou

Default Jay Chou

Hi, do any one know anything about Jay Chou and any pics of him?

jay's a popular singer but i've only seen him act in Initial D. aside from that i don't really know much about him. you could probably search him up on google by the name "jay chou" or "zhou jie lun"

i am surprised that there are very few replies in jay's thread when he is so famous...or is there another thread for jay somewhere in spcnet?

anyway, today (jan 18) is jay's birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAY CHOU JIE LUN! hope ul have a great year ahead of you! thank you for giving us years of great music...may you make more certified hits! Jia You

Quote Originally Posted by big master
    i am surprised that there are very few replies in jay's thread when he is so famous...or is there another thread for jay somewhere in spcnet?

anyway, today (jan 18) is jay's birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAY CHOU JIE LUN! hope ul have a great year ahead of you! thank you for giving us years of great music...may you make more certified hits! Jia You
    i love jay
    and his music
    he is soo talented...
    can believe this forum is like empty!
    he is a great singer... /musician and he's acting is coming along the way...
    cant want till his new movie comes out!!
    SLAM DUNK!!
    he'll be playing b-ball!!
    that is soo cool!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yumyumcottoncandy
    i love jay
    and his music
    he is soo talented...
    can believe this forum is like empty!
    he is a great singer... /musician and he's acting is coming along the way...
    cant want till his new movie comes out!!
    SLAM DUNK!!
    he'll be playing b-ball!!
    that is soo cool!!!

yea me too...well, maybe jay's fans post in other forums asdie from here omg! he has a new movie! cool! wat is it about? basketball? is it a movi version of the anime? who r the other casts? im so xcited!!!
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!

i can't believe there's people who actually don't know Jay.. wow.. but at least u guys heard of him.. His talent in music is definitely WAY WAY WAYYYY better than his acting skills.. Not to say his acting is really bad, but his songs are definitely BRILLIANT production..

anyhow, tricia asked for pics right.. here u go..

small intro from wikipedia:-

Jay Chou (Traditional Chinese: 周傑倫; Simplified Chinese: 周杰伦; pinyin: Zhōu Jiélún, POJ: Chiu Kia̍t-lûn, born 18 January 1979) is a World Music Award winning, popular Taiwanese pop and R&B musician, singer, and producer. Jay Chou is known for combining both Chinese and Western musical styles along with his classical music background to produce a sound unique to mainstream Chinese pop. His unique lyrics touch on various controversial issues; for instance, domestic violence in 爸我回來了 "Dad I am Back"; eco-awareness in 梯田 "Rice Fields", the devastation of war in 止戰之殤 "Wounds that end the War" and reminds listeners to honor their mothers in 聽媽媽的話 "Listen to Your Mother". His unique sound has gained enormous recognition throughout Asia, most notably Taiwan, China, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore and Japan. He is also very popular in other Overseas Chinese communities.

for more, click
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Chou

Pics..
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.chine-informations.com/images/upload/jay-chou.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.jaychoustudio.com/images/profile-image.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://avex.jp/initial-d/image/hua_ryu/jay_chou.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41014000/jpg/_41014536_jay_chou_203afp.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.search.com/thumb/c/cd/Jay09.jpg/220px-Jay09.jpg')
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

yea i agree that his music skillas are better than his acting...his music is excellent but his acting improved a lot jia you jie lun
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

I just saw Curse of Golden Flower, and it was my fourth watch! i must say, Jay did excellent as Prince Jai. I never regarded him much as an actor, even as i saw Initial D, coz i dont really like singers spreading their wings to the filming industry, but after COGF, i have to salute him!His expressions are unbelievably convincing....(although when he first appeared in the armour suit trying to look gallant invited giggles and laughter from the whole audience in the hall ;p i even grinned) and his pained look at the final scene with his mother was priceless....seeing how he improved, im sure he's gonna go far in the industry if he makes the right choices....
    im actually looking forward to his next movies....and i sure hope it's going to be an action/wuxia movie.....
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 02-28-07 at 07:33 AM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Alright. Can anyone tell me why they like Jay and what are his strengths? coz Almost everyone i know dislikes him, and I, myself cant find any strengths. Only Weaknesses. Tell me, because maybe i just cant see it.
    Sometimes it's hard to love someone because you're so afraid of losing them.

watch Curse of Golden Flower and then you'll know....

be noted that I dont like him before this, i dont like any of those singers turning actors, coz most of them cant act...(and i still cringe at the sight of Lee Hom in The Avenging Fist, and F4 are just horrible) but after i saw COGF, i feel that he's been working hard improving himself and not just putting his face in a film and be a vase.
    Initial D did not impress me at all....all those cold, macho looks, no depth in my opinion...but Prince Jai in COGF nails it......he puts his best, working with great actors like Gong Li and CYF, and i was expecting him to be just another vase in here, but the opposite actually happened....im not liking him just yet, but i do look forward to his future filming works....
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c
    im actually looking forward to his next movies....and i sure hope it's going to be an action/wuxia movie.....
    his latest movies (that I know) are going to be Slam Dunk (against Charlene Choi from twins as the leading lady - from what I heard anyway and potentially Yao Ming) and another one is his self-directed one known as 'a secret I cannot tell you' and the whole filming process has been realy really secretive.. All the participants (stars and crews) are required to sign a contract that prohibits them from talking/mention anything bout the movie (to the media)..
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

Quote Originally Posted by ChestNut
    his latest movies (that I know) are going to be Slam Dunk (against Charlene Choi from twins as the leading lady - from what I heard anyway and potentially Yao Ming)
    dont tell me it's one of those pop idol crap again? I'm disappointed....

and another one is his self-directed one known as 'a secret I cannot tell you' and the whole filming process has been realy really secretive.. All the participants (stars and crews) are required to sign a contract that prohibits them from talking/mention anything bout the movie (to the media)..
    he composes his own songs, and he also wanna direct his own film? dont you guys think he's going too fast?

anyway, while im at it, here are Jay's Prince Jai....

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v249/Da1stGhostdart/jay2.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v249/Da1stGhostdart/jay3.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v249/Da1stGhostdart/jay4.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v249/Da1stGhostdart/jay5.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v249/Da1stGhostdart/jay6.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v249/Da1stGhostdart/jay7.jpg')

the best battle scene i've ever seen, and id never tire watching it over and over again.......SALUTE!
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 02-28-07 at 12:06 PM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -

Quote Originally Posted by girllikeme
    Alright. Can anyone tell me why they like Jay and what are his strengths? coz Almost everyone i know dislikes him, and I, myself cant find any strengths. Only Weaknesses. Tell me, because maybe i just cant see it.

try some gem music of his like: simple love, kai bu liao gou, anti clockwise and lots lots more but i honestly like his older songs better...

and yes, curse, watch him on curse

by the way, most peeps u know dun like jay? majority of the peeps i know lov jay, includng me
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

his latest movies (that I know) are going to be Slam Dunk (against Charlene Choi from twins as the leading lady - from what I heard anyway and potentially Yao Ming) and another one is his self-directed one known as 'a secret I cannot tell you' and the whole filming process has been realy really secretive.. All the participants (stars and crews) are required to sign a contract that prohibits them from talking/mention anything bout the movie (to the media)..

secret movie
    wow! cant wait...hope it wil be a good one
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

watch Curse of Golden Flower and then you'll know....

be noted that I dont like him before this, i dont like any of those singers turning actors, coz most of them cant act...(and i still cringe at the sight of Lee Hom in The Avenging Fist, and F4 are just horrible)

was lee hom that bad? i have not seen avengng fist yet but he sure was heaps good in moon child although he was just a supportng cast....i realy like lee hom...he is a rare talent indeed as for f4, although they are all poppy but i must say i did enjoy watchng MG...and Poor Prince which was totally hilarious...it started my admiration for zai zai...as for ken, i realy enjoy listening to his songs while he plays the guitar...vaness is cool..jerry, not quite a fan
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

Lee Hom was even worse in China Strike Force....dont even remind me about that again....

and we're going off topic....

Lee Hom was even worse in China Strike Force....dont even remind me about that again....

and we're going off topic....

aww...i cant believ lee hom to be that bad coz he was always soooo good!!! he has an upcoming movi too....with tony leung i think..i hop this wud be a good one
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

unless this thread is somehow turning into Lee Hom thread, id rather we start talking about Jay Chou again....

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia
    u heard of GOOGLE.com?

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia
    no..all i know is he's in initial D as Takumi...lol
    GAO HU ROCKS
    ALSO FAN OF THE FINAL FANTASY SERIES AND NARUTO!
    P.S. I got my icon at this site
    http://www.digik.net/avatars/series/13/38
    and it's by Izzy!