Thread: Regarding the different endings for HSDS

Default Regarding the different endings for HSDS

I would like to know what is the very last sentence about in each of the three HSDS editions by Jin Yong?

Can you give me the last sentence or what was the last paragraph about?

One version I am reading in Viet has it at the part where CMK doing the eyebrows thing for CM.

Another one is when CCY shows up at the end and says she might make him do something for her on perhaps CMK and CM wedding night.

Can you tell me which of the three versions 1st, 2nd, or 3rd had these endings?

In the 2nd edition (Chinese), the following happened in the order below:
    1. the eyebrow thing
    2. Zhou Zhiruo shows up and says that she "has not thought about" what she wanted Zhang Wuji to do for her relating to the promise he made earlier, but that she would "probably come up with the request, just before Zhang Wuji and Zhao Min go through the rite of marriage".
    3. Zhang Wuji looks at Zhao Min, and then at Zhou Zhiruo. A lot of emotions go through his mind, and he does not know whether to be happy or worried. He finally puts the eyebrow brush down on the table.

#3 is the last line.

---

In the 3rd edition (Chinese), the very last line is:
    "Therefore, each and every one of them was good, very good ...."

Yes, it ends with a "....".
    Anything more would be a spoiler.

The eyebrow thing still happens and Zhou Zhiruo still shows up, but that's all I'll say!

what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

The penultimate line as a result is R18+, obviously.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by HuangYushi

In the 2nd edition (Chinese), the following happened in the order below:
    1. the eyebrow thing
    2. Zhou Zhiruo shows up and says that she "has not thought about" what she wanted Zhang Wuji to do for her relating to the promise he made earlier, but that she would "probably come up with the request, just before Zhang Wuji and Zhao Min go through the rite of marriage".
    3. Zhang Wuji looks at Zhao Min, and then at Zhou Zhiruo. A lot of emotions go through his mind, and he does not know whether to be happy or worried. He finally puts the eyebrow brush down on the table.

#3 is the last line.

Thanks as usual Yushi,

OK, does anyone know then if the first edition has it end at the eyebrow thing. If so, the Viet translation I am reading is sort of out of date, and I think I will stop.

Based on Athena's notes on the third edition changes, I guess I have a hint at what CCY was thinking of asking. Last line in the 3rd edition, yeah, lets just keep it a secret from me for now.

You are reading the 1st edition, Viet translation. There's a 2nd edition, Viet translation also available (since 2000). No 3rd edition yet.

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by me
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix
    Last line in the 3rd edition, yeah, lets just keep it a secret from me for now.
    Sorry for being unclear earlier. What I meant to say was: The line "Therefore, each and every one of them was good, very good ...." is the last sentence in the 3rd edition of HSDS. There is no more text after that.

The secret that I'm keeping from you is that new paragraphs that exist between the eyebrow thingy and the last line above.
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    Soon ... SOON!

you want me to spoil that secret? I've personally read the new edition of HSDS.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    you want me to spoil that secret? I've personally read the new edition of HSDS.
    I would like that. Can you give me the spoilers to my pm so that no one else will be spoiled.

What I meant to say was: The line "Therefore, each and every one of them was good, very good ...." is the last sentence in the 3rd edition of HSDS. There is no more text after that.

The secret that I'm keeping from you is that new paragraphs that exist between the eyebrow thingy and the last line above.
    Oh I know that there is more text after that. What I meant "secret" is I do not know what the last line was referring to. But yeah, I do know what you mean by the last sentence ending like that. Anyhow, thanks for making it clear.

Oh, and I was just wondering. Athena had a list of all the changes. Did she went through every novel to find the differences. Of course there are many changes, but she pointed out the major ones only right?

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    You are reading the 1st edition, Viet translation. There's a 2nd edition, Viet translation also available (since 2000). No 3rd edition yet.
    OIC. Yeah, I've been wanting to finally read Jin Yong stories, but there are so many versions, I only want to read one. Since JY most likely will have his FINAL revision, I think I will just stick to reading the third version. I assume as bad or as good as version 1 or version 2 are, version 3 is what JY thinks is the final draft, so therefore I want to read version 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix
    Oh, and I was just wondering. Athena had a list of all the changes. Did she went through every novel to find the differences. Of course there are many changes, but she pointed out the major ones only right?
    Yes. If Athena had gone and given every single change, she would probably go crazy because that would mean that she would have to go find every change of dialogue which is very common. And there were a few minor events that Athena left out, but nothing big.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

Sorry for being unclear earlier. What I meant to say was: The line "Therefore, each and every one of them was good, very good ...." is the last sentence in the 3rd edition of HSDS. There is no more text after that.

There must be some interesting things in that new paragraphs.
    Wuji leaves Zhao Min because of Zhou Zhi Ruo's wish?
    Who is the girl Wuji ends up with?
    Could you senior master HuangYushi or anybody tell me pls?
    Last edited by RongYingMin; 09-10-06 at 06:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RongYingMin
    There must be some interesting things in that new paragraphs.
    Wuji leaves Zhao Min because of Zhou Zhi Ruo's wish?
    Who is the girl Wuji ends up with?
    Could you senior master HuangYushi or anybody tell me pls?
    Sorry, I can't. To me, the only thing worse than reading a spoiler is posting one.
    But you could PM the other forumers who have posted in this thread and ask them about it.
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    Soon ... SOON!

Come on mate, there's no big secret, after reading that last line. The paragraph before that is about a certain word, starting with "three" and ending with "e". That's the only thing (given ZWJ's circumstance with the 2 girls) that could lead to "each and every one of them was good, very good <dot><dot><dot>".

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Come on mate, there's no big secret, after reading that last line. The paragraph before that is about a certain word, starting with "three" and ending with "e". That's the only thing (given ZWJ's circumstance with the 2 girls) that could lead to "each and every one of them was good, very good <dot><dot><dot>".
    its polygamy then, between those three, wow what a surprise....

I have reason to believe it starts with "four".
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardor
    I have reason to believe it starts with "four".
    I think it'll take a few years to sneak Xiaozhao out of Persia. I don't think ZWJ likes crazy chicks, so no "five".