View Poll Results: Would you attend an SPCNET Get-Together in New York City if there was one?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, definitely! I want to meet the members in real life!

11 16.92%
  • No way! I like to keep my virtual and real lives separate!

3 4.62%
  • No way! I'm afraid some members will turn out to be psycho-killers!

6 9.23%
  • Maybe, I would need to know who's going first..

12 18.46%
  • No, NYC is too far away and I don't have the financial means to get there.

33 50.77%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SPCNET Get-together

this would be very interesting. if i have the money i would go.
    As long as the members are not freaks or belong to the stone phillip's "to catch a preditor" club, i think its a good idea. But no money no go.
    Am i Crazy!?!?!?!
    [8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888]

Instead of boring NYC, U all are invited to come to Melbourne to see Han Solo and Candide et al.

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo
    Instead of boring NYC, U all are invited to come to Melbourne to see Han Solo and Candide et al.
    Oh, Mr. Han Solo...where geographically is Melbourne?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

That would be Australia. And I agree. NYC is boring. Let's hit up Miami. The sun, beaches, and night clubs. It'll be awesome.
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

Since I live in Miami, that would be perfect. $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://csc.ziyi.org/smilies/smokin.gif')

How about this? Instead of one worldwide meeting, why not several regional ones organized by spcnet?

This is a large forum. Wherever you live, there are likely to be other members near you.
    Zhang Ziyi CSC: news, biography, gallery, filmography, forums, more...

The regional idea is great, but I think money isn't the only thing stopping people. Lots of people like to stay anonymous on the Internet so they can say whatever they want without revealing their true face.

But I think I would be interested in a meeting in my city if there was one.

It sounds a good idea! Perhaps to check where majority people lives in to decide on location or to meet once a year in different country.(allows people to save money).

Yeah come to adelaide and drink tea

You can't convince Aussies to go to Adelaide, let alone people in other countries. Come to Melbourne. We already have a few veteran SPCNET members here.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

SPC, I just remembered you had a friend who disappeared near where I live, what ever happened?
    This account is retired.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox2002
    SPC, I just remembered you had a friend who disappeared near where I live, what ever happened?
    She was found out of state and under some drug use so a bit muddle headed. She has safely returned to her family now (thank goodness). Thanks for the concern.
    -SC

since most of us are poor and can't afford to pay for the flight & hotel, why don't you, SC, go on a world tour. costco.com has this world cruise package. it's 106 days long and costs ~$24k. anybody can join this tour.

let us know when the boat arrives. we'll come and buy you lunch & dinner. how's that?

Itinerary: New York (New York), Fort Lauderdale (Florida), Panama Canal, Puntarenas (Panama), Acapulco (Mexico), Manzanillo (Mexico), Los Angeles (California), Honolulu (Hawaii), Pago Pago (America Samoa), Cross the international date line, Lautoka (Fiji), Auckland (New Zealand), Napier (New Zealand), Wellington (New Zealand), Melbourne (Australia), overnight Sydney (Australia), Brisbane (Australia), Port Douglas (Australia), Kota Kinabalu (Malaysia), overnight Hong Kong (China), Da Nang (Chan May, Vietnam), Phu My (Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam), Bangkok (Laem Chabang, Thailand), Ko Samui (Thailand), Singapore (Singapore), Kuala Lumpur (Port Kelang, Malaysia), Penang (Malaysia), Chennai (Madras, India), Colombo (Sri Lanka), Mumbai (India), Dubai (United Arab Emirates), Salalah (Oman), overnight Luxor/Karnak (Safaga, Egypt), Suez Canal (scenic cruising), Athens (Greece), Naples (Italy), Civitavecchia (Rome, Italy), Barcelona (Spain) and overnight Lisbon (Portugal).

click here for more info
    Last edited by jay_z; 09-18-06 at 11:45 PM.

I use to live in NYC, but since college started I don't live there but still come back there often.

So if there is a gathering I'm up for it. Always been curious to see the faces behind the avatar.

But I voted No way! I'm afraid some members will turn out to be psycho-killers!
    After Hours - Velvet Underground

Quote Originally Posted by Azn Dude
    I use to live in NYC, but since college started I don't live there but still come back there often.

So if there is a gathering I'm up for it. Always been curious to see the faces behind the avatar.

But I voted No way! I'm afraid some members will turn out to be psycho-killers!

lies, i'm like an angel
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Come to my teamspeak channel

203.34.186.11:8767
    Channel: Acadians Pw: wowacadians

gayest channel name cos I had to set it up for my schoolmates homo WoW guild thats completely filled with nubs that click on spells instead of macro hotkey...

anyways I'll be there when I'm high

I live in SINGPAPORE and I'm below the age of 15 so i definitely don't have the financial means to get there.

haha i only gota drive 4 hours n im in NYC
    but naH, i wouldnt..
    No way! I'm afraid some members will turn out to be psycho-killers!

haha.
    R.I.P
    DiDi <3
    10.02.05 ;[

don't ****ing piss me off or i'll jam my cigg into ur eye

Quote Originally Posted by jay_z
    since most of us are poor and can't afford to pay for the flight & hotel, why don't you, SC, go on a world tour. costco.com has this world cruise package. it's 106 days long and costs ~$24k. anybody can join this tour.

let us know when the boat arrives. we'll come and buy you lunch & dinner. how's that?

Itinerary: New York (New York), Fort Lauderdale (Florida), Panama Canal, Puntarenas (Panama), Acapulco (Mexico), Manzanillo (Mexico), Los Angeles (California), Honolulu (Hawaii), Pago Pago (America Samoa), Cross the international date line, Lautoka (Fiji), Auckland (New Zealand), Napier (New Zealand), Wellington (New Zealand), Melbourne (Australia), overnight Sydney (Australia), Brisbane (Australia), Port Douglas (Australia), Kota Kinabalu (Malaysia), overnight Hong Kong (China), Da Nang (Chan May, Vietnam), Phu My (Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam), Bangkok (Laem Chabang, Thailand), Ko Samui (Thailand), Singapore (Singapore), Kuala Lumpur (Port Kelang, Malaysia), Penang (Malaysia), Chennai (Madras, India), Colombo (Sri Lanka), Mumbai (India), Dubai (United Arab Emirates), Salalah (Oman), overnight Luxor/Karnak (Safaga, Egypt), Suez Canal (scenic cruising), Athens (Greece), Naples (Italy), Civitavecchia (Rome, Italy), Barcelona (Spain) and overnight Lisbon (Portugal).

click here for more info

That's right. In this way, you'll get to meet more members. We can share photos of other members and I think we'll have a grand time.
    Sandakan is just 10++ hours away from Kota Kinabalu (Malaysia).
    Any support for this?

Unhappy

Actually i'm ok wif it butta financial wise..i can't.
    Alec Vicki, Raymond Michelle, Bosco Myolie

*Currently watching*
    Fantasy Hotel
    Life Made Simple
    Gentle Crackdown

Its too far.. I cant.. because Bill Gates didnt give me some of his loose change.

I wouldnt mind if I can afford it, but I wonder what we'll be doing.

Been very inactive here.