Thread: What happens to internal energy if you stopped practicing entirely?

Default What happens to internal energy if you stopped practicing entirely?

What would happen ito a martial arts master's internal energy if he completely stops practicing? For example, let's say that GJ at the beginning of ROCH, decided after his re-entrance into WULIN that there are too many a-holes in the world and that it just wasn't worthwhile to be a hero anymore. What would happen to GJ's internal energy if he hardly ever trains again and just enjoys his wife's wonderful cooking everyday? Would GJ still be powerful if he gained 50 pounds like most men do after marriage?

Quote Originally Posted by Wu Wudi
    What would happen ito a martial arts master's internal energy if he completely stops practicing? For example, let's say that GJ at the beginning of ROCH, decided after his re-entrance into WULIN that there are too many a-holes in the world and that it just wasn't worthwhile to be a hero anymore. What would happen to GJ's internal energy if he hardly ever trains again and just enjoys his wife's wonderful cooking everyday? Would GJ still be powerful if he gained 50 pounds like most men do after marriage?
    It depends. For most people, the inner power gains they have are permanent, but they won't gain any more.

9 Yum Jen Ging, however, had an internal training system that, after being mastered, automatically and continuously builds upon itself. From his thirties onward, Gwok Jing was increasing his inner power with every breath he took.

in general, high level daoist internal have continual slow growth with no boundaries- 9 Yin, 9 Yang, Pre Heaven Art, etc

Also, high level Shaolin internals also have unlimited growth with no boudaries. The difference is that you increase your internal from being more and more enlightened, so there is a difference. High level Shaolin internals include the 72 Supreme Arts and likely YJJ.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    in general, high level daoist internal have continual slow growth with no boundaries- 9 Yin, 9 Yang, Pre Heaven Art, etc

Also, high level Shaolin internals also have unlimited growth with no boudaries. The difference is that you increase your internal from being more and more enlightened, so there is a difference. High level Shaolin internals include the 72 Supreme Arts and likely YJJ.
    But does the continual growth occur with no pratice at all? That's awesome if GJ's internal power increases even if he had become the equivalent of a modern overweight couch potato. That means all you had to do was to practice something like 9yin or 9yang and then your power would grow even if you were living as decadently as possible. How cool would it be to beat 99% of the people in Wulin even if you were a fat slob?

if you practice it, then it'll grow faster than you're not. If you don't practice, it would be like what Ken said, automatically increasing slowly.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚

In wuxia novels, your inner energy is immutable or grows slowly as days go by.
    But in fact, if you don't practice it, your inner energy will decline.

Quote Originally Posted by RongYingMin
    In wuxia novels, your inner energy is immutable or grows slowly as days go by.
    However, it's not all internals grow indefinitely. Only extremly high levels of internal cultivations have that unlimited growth factor. Shaolin Supreme Arts, high level daoist internals like Pre Heaven or 9 Yin/Yang.

However, it's not all internals grow indefinitely. Only extremly high levels of internal cultivations have that unlimited growth factor. Shaolin Supreme Arts, high level daoist internals like Pre Heaven or 9 Yin/Yang.
    What about YG's internal power? I would tend to believe that YG's internal technique is unorthodox because he gained so much so fast but I don't know if YG would hit a limit earlier than a practicioner of orthodox internal techniques like YJJ or 9yin/9yang.

I personally think YG could still improve internally, but not at the rate GJ or ZWJ would after mastering there internals. For YG to have more dramatic improvements, he would have to continue his research. If YG was to just retire, I don't think his internal can improve that much anymore unless new inventions. One of the most obvious reasons is because YG's internal is more unothodox compared to the arts of that ZWJ or GJ have.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

many readers have the idea that the greats like HQG and GJ do not practise inner power after attaining a certain level, it is not true. actually to practise inner power, you only spend an hour or two, three or two times daily. you can do it before sleeping, after waking, and before or after lunch. just because it doesn't say they practised inner power, doesn't mean they never did. the rule in martial arts is, practise one day, gain one days benefit, don't practise a day, lose ten days benefit. there's been serveral mentions of wuxia exponents sit down for a rest and take the time to practise inner power. the greats like HQG have reached a level where they can practise their inner power in their sleep or while taking a break. HYS practises his inner power while walking in the five elements eight triagrams formation. HQG does it in his sleep. the greats reached such a level that they can practise their inner power during their everyday normal movements, like OYF walking upside down, or duan yu using LBWW.

What about YG's internal power? I would tend to believe that YG's internal technique is unorthodox because he gained so much so fast but I don't know if YG would hit a limit earlier than a practicioner of orthodox internal techniques like YJJ or 9yin/9yang.
    yang guo learned the four of the best inner power techniques of his time, 9yin(deep), QZ(pure), toad skill(power) and ancient tomb(fluent). he also learned the basic of HQG's extermes inner power from his mother which is ideal for training external strenght. when YG started to practise DGKB's techniques, he was training the same way HQG did, inner power through external technique. when HQG was injured on the island, he discovered for his style of inner power, he would recover fastest when practising external movements to exercise his inner power. YG had benefits from the snake gallbladders but ultimately, his achievements where from his knowledge of advanced inner power techniques and practise. YG's inner power practise was as orthodox as GJ's.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

normally that nergy will remain as it is, static unless the practic methd require for the energy to be refine regularly. but normally once u stop, the energy will slowly deplete in times as u no longer tune up the energy, it`ll get old and useless.
    Let him be violent,
    Let him be evil,
    For me, it is enough if I
    just breathe in my pure energy."

http://echallengor.blogspot.com

http://ech33.ui2u.com

are you talking real life? Or wuxia?
    In wuxia, it seems like they are always increasing.
    In real life, I heard what you say is true.

are you talking real life? Or wuxia?
    In wuxia, it seems like they are always increasing.
    In real life, I heard what you say is true.
    Is there even internal power in real life? Let's say that someone like ZWJ has an internal power of 1000, what would an average real person today have? 0.1?

Quote Originally Posted by Wu Wudi
    Is there even internal power in real life? Let's say that someone like ZWJ has an internal power of 1000, what would an average real person today have? 0.1?
    'Qi' is also lifeforce. Everyone has it. Not everyone can control its flow.

If an average person has 1, someone like ZWJ might have 2? 10? 20? But someone like ZWJ can control its flow. 1000x seems too much, remember that you die when your 'qi' expires, so with 1000x a normal human, ZWJ will live over 200 years or something.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

its said that learning internal can extend your life and strenghten your internal organs, but can it really extend your life that long? I find that doubtful. Back in the 1800s, the Yang faimly were unbeatable with there Yang faimly taichi, having fighters like "Yang Wudi", Yang Chenfu, Yang Sao Huo, Yang Jian Huo, yet none of them lived past 90. But I guess 90 is extremely old back then.

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    9 Yum Jen Ging, however, had an internal training system that, after being mastered, automatically and continuously builds upon itself. From his thirties onward, Gwok Jing was increasing his inner power with every breath he took.
    Wouldn't that mean the 100 years old+ Z3F would have reached really high internal? And I didn't know that until now...could someone explain more about this?

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    Wouldn't that mean the 100 years old+ Z3F would have reached really high internal? And I didn't know that until now...could someone explain more about this?
    That's all I know about it, but Cheung 3 Fung did indeed have incredible inner power. He only had a part of the 9 Yeung Jen Ging, however, so his inner power is due mainly to his own brilliance and longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    That's all I know about it, but Cheung 3 Fung did indeed have incredible inner power. He only had a part of the 9 Yeung Jen Ging, however, so his inner power is due mainly to his own brilliance and longevity.
    And blue balling for a 100 years!
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

wz the correct practice and the type of internal energy skills, well of course u will live slightly longer than others, provided u do not skip the daily routine.

evryone has "qi", just like the word " main power comes from birth". but it`s up to people themselve to know how to use/train it.

wz the world as it is now, there r psionics people, ki/chi people, and as well those telekinetics power. but ki/chi power is derive from the main source that is dan-tian, while psionics i unlock based on the "brain activity".
    Let him be violent,
    Let him be evil,
    For me, it is enough if I
    just breathe in my pure energy."

http://echallengor.blogspot.com

http://ech33.ui2u.com