Thread: The wulin folks who ousted Kiu Fung must have slapped themselves later.

Default The wulin folks who ousted Kiu Fung must have slapped themselves later.

If you were one of those wulin people in DGSD who supported the ousting of Kiu Fung from the Beggar's Union and wulin in general, wouldn't you feel like kicking yourself just a year or so later?

Consider this: Kiu Fung was kicked out of the Beggar's Union for being a Khitan. Khitans were considered enemies by the Han. The Han hated those "Khitan wolves" whom the Han swore were ready to invade their territory any day.

Kiu Fung was the most powerful warrior the Hans had on their side. His Beggar's Union was the chief force deterring the Khitan from invading the Northern Sung territories.

So what do you do when you discover your best anti-Khitan warrior is a Khitan himself? You kick him out of wulin, of course...so that the King of Khitan can make Kiu Fung his right-hand man!

Oops.

Fortunately, Kiu Fung had an epiphany in his last days and realized that he would rather die himself than be party to Han and Khitan slaughtering each other en masse, and he sacrificed himself to save people on both sides. But it nearly went VERY wrong for the Hans who rejected Kiu Fung. As a king, Yeh Lut Hung Gei of the Khitan Liao Empire was likely accustomed to receiving fine gifts on silver platters, but I don't think he EVER got a gift as valuable as the one the Chinese wulin threw away and left on his doorstep.

The 'Oh $h!t' moment did not come a year later.

It happened at Ju Xian Zhuang before the year was up.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    The 'Oh $h!t' moment did not come a year later.

It happened at Ju Xian Zhuang before the year was up.
    The Tsui Yin Manor massacre was brutal, but didn't have the international implications that the newly renamed Siu Fung becoming second-in-command of the Khitan military did. Suddenly, wulin's greatest hope was the enemy's not-so-secret weapon, and the worst part was that wulin practically GAVE Siu Fung to the Khitans.

And a hundred plus years later, the Beggar sect gets another Khitan chief in the Yelu guy who married Guo Fu

what i can't figure out is, if he got the wolf head tatoo on his chest when he's a toodler, 30 years later when he's all grow up and his chest is like 10 times bigger, why the hell people still regconized the shape lol. ever heard of skin stretching? that's why people choose area to tatoo so that it wont' stretch too much over time and the picture look at *** up.

Quote Originally Posted by warlock110
    what i can't figure out is, if he got the wolf head tatoo on his chest when he's a toodler, 30 years later when he's all grow up and his chest is like 10 times bigger, why the hell people still regconized the shape lol. ever heard of skin stretching? that's why people choose area to tatoo so that it wont' stretch too much over time and the picture look at *** up.
    I think it'd be hilarious if in some future DGSD adaptation (you know another one will be made sooner or later), Kiu Fung will rip open his shirt to expose his chest and find that instead of a wolf tattoo, there will be a big Superman "S"-shield tattoo there!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    I think it'd be hilarious if in some future DGSD adaptation (you know another one will be made sooner or later), Kiu Fung will rip open his shirt to expose his chest and find that instead of a wolf tattoo, there will be a big Superman "S"-shield tattoo there!
    Sounds like a future Wong Jing movie.

or even a batman logo
    TaZzY InC

Consider this: if you were the only person in wulin who knew of Kiu Fung's true ethnic heritage, would you consider withholding that information to yourself so that this great hero can continue serving the cause of good and justice in wulin?

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzy1972
    or even a batman logo
    Or random product placement. Pepsi!!!
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardor
    Or random product placement. Pepsi!!!
    If Kiu Fung's chest tattoo reads, "VOTE FOR PEDRO!" I'm washing my hands in the golden basin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Consider this: if you were the only person in wulin who knew of Kiu Fung's true ethnic heritage, would you consider withholding that information to yourself so that this great hero can continue serving the cause of good and justice in wulin?
    I'll run away to Dali or something. I've watched enough wuxia flicks to know that holding such information leads to no good regardless of whether one divulges it or not....
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Just Do It!
    TaZzY InC