Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Conducting our JY heroines demographics(everyone participate)

This is the 50th post of mine .
    I returned to vote for Huang Rong.
    Could you pls add me in your list, Fearless? .

I'll also write down some sections referring to the beauty of some beautiful female characters in HSDS 2nd edition from chapter 21 to chapter 40 in order to prove that Zhao Min is a very beautiful girl, even the most beautiful one:

*NOTE: Because my English and Chinese are not good at all, so, though I tried my best to keep these English-translated-sections close to the original version they will probably have some errors , pls forgive me .

Chapter 21:
    - "Yang Xiao said: "...(text)... She (Xiao Zhao) is not an ugly girl, in comparison with Buhui, she is even more beautiful"..." (Yang Xiao was talking with ZWJ about Xiao Zhao).

Chapter 23:
    - "..."Brother Yang, your good daughter is a beautiful girl, but in comparison with that man-self-disguising-young lady, she seems to be less beautiful outwardly."
    Yang Xiao said: "Yes, that's true..."..." (The first time Zhao Min appeared, she was disguising herself as a man).

- "Each dish was brough to, she also picked up a bite with her chopsticks to eat first, her cheeks reddened, she seemed to be a little drunk looking ever more dazzlingly beautiful. A beautiful girl was always either gentle and weak or graceful and cheerful, but this young lady Zhao was not only ten tenths beautiful but also three tenths heroic and three tenths magnanimous extra, nevertheless she was still deliberate and noble, showing a solemn decent appearance, that made others secretly respect and not dare to think little of her." (Zhao Min was having dinner with Ming Cult's heroes in Green Willow Manor).

Chapter 24:
    - "...moreover, seeing Xiao Zhao had bright eyes and cheerful mouth, despite her very young age, Xiao Zhao still looked like a fresh cotton-rose-hibiscus flower, extremely loveable, then Zhao Min felt resentful in her heart, she grinded her teeth and told A Da:" (Xiao Zhao's beauty in Zhao Min's eyes).

- "ZWuji saw Zhao Min standing alone there, she was smiling, the sun was setting and radiating obliquely dard red light on her cheeks, she looked many times beautiful again." (Zhao Min's beauty in Wuji's eyes).

Chapter 27:
    - "...raising his head, he saw she was smiling with rounded lips, her cheeks reddened because of wine, she looked extremely graceful. He didn't dare to gaze in her face long and turned away hastily." (Zhao Min in the little wine house with Wuji).

- "..."Master Zhang, between I and lady Zhou, which one do you think the more beautiful?"
    ZWuji didn't expect she asked such a question, he thought Mongolian girl had straightforward character and wasn't clever in her words. Under the lamplight, he found Zhao Min extremely beautiful, then he uttered: "You're certainly the more beautiful."..." (Zhao Min and Wuji in the little wine house).

Chapter 29:
    - "He hastily raise her, under the firelight, he saw her pale face suddently reddened dotted by some drops of water, looking very beautiful and refined, she looked like a fairy coming from the water world." (Zhiruo's beauty in Wuji's eyes).

Chapter 30:
    - Xie Xun used these following words to describe Da Yi Xi's beauty 20 years ago (Purple Robed Dragon King): unsurpassably beautiful, like a fairy, deep eyes, high nose, having hundreds of admirers.

- "Zhao Min said softly to ZWJ's ear: "Look! Both of them look very like each other."
    ZWuji startled and looked at them carefully, he saw Da Yi Xi and Xiao Zhao both had very refinedly beautiful oval face, high nose, glistening eyes, their faces looked really like each other's
    . Only that on Xiao Zhao's face, Persian figures were just sparse. But Da Yi Xi, it's easy for anyone to realize that she wasn't from the Central Plains." (Xiao Zhao was as beautiful as her mon).

Chapter 31:
    - "Looking back at Zhou Zhiruo, he (Zhang Wuji) saw her long velvety hair was cut big part, the helix of her left ear was also cut a piece, blood still overflowed from the injury, but she was smiling faintly, as if she was in a sweet dream. Under the early morning light, her face looked like a slight opening amplexicaul tea flower (Pinyin in Mandarin Chinese: Hai tang hua) , extremely beautiful." (Referring to Zhou Zhiruo's beauty).

- "Zhang Wuji was embrassed thinking of Zhao Min's bewitching smile and voice, he thought if he could marry Zhao Min and live with her all the rest of his life, there wouldn't be anything happier,..." (Referring to Zhao Min's beauty).

- "Zhang Wuji suddently thought: "When we were still in boat drifting on the sea, I dreamed of marrying all the 4 girls. Actually, the one I'm really crazy about is that cruel machiavellian little witch"." (Zhao Min occupied important part in Wuji's heart).

- "But Chen You Liang saw that person's face was very young and beautiful and that person's voice was very bewitching, that person seemed to be unlike the rumours about Zhang Wuji in Jianghu,..." (Zhao Min disguised herself as a man)

Chapter 33:
    - "The Lady was about 27 or 28 years old, her figure was lissom. She had an unsurpassably beautiful face but the complexion was too pale." (Referring to Lady Yang's beauty).

Chapter 37:
    - "After all the female apprentices had come into the ground, far away for more than 1 zhang (a Chinese unit of length) behind them there was an unsurpassably beautiful young girl in blue dress walking into deliberately, that was Emei School's leader, Zhou Zhiruo.
    ZWuji saw her complexion was a little pale and her face was emaciated, then he felt sympathetic and ashamed in his heart." (Referring to ZZhiRuo's beauty).

Chapter 40:
    - "ZZR turned round seeing a black-dressed young girl flying out from the grass clump and thrusting her finger towards Zhiruo. Zhiruo tilted slightly to one side to dodge. Having her attack missed, that girl turned her head around, under the somewhat oblique moonlight, there was a nice-looking face with some crossing dimmish scars. ZWuji saw clearly that girl was his younger female cousin Yin Li, only that the tumours on her face had been disappeared, the dimmish scars crossing her face couldn't make it lose the attraction. Her face looked not far different from that of the little beautiful girl who had followed Golden Flower Granny to Butterfly Valley long ago." (Referring to Yin Li's beauty when she met Wuji again in Shaoshi Mount).

Quote Originally Posted by yittz
    1. Dragon King had unsurpassed beauty in HSDS - even more beautiful than Xiao Zhao. She has that wild beauty due to her Persian blood, and Xiao Zhao has inherited that somewhat. Even when she's old, ZWJ could see why she tickled so many nerves of men ~20 years ago.

2. From what I remember from the book, ZM does not stand out in beauty from the other three. In fact, I remember ZWJ describing his cousing Zhu er/Yin Li as a great beaut if not for the poison deformation, and this is shown when Zhu Er came back to haunt ZZR.
    So you are wrong, yittz .

Outward beauty: Zhao Min = Xiao Zhao = Da Yi Xi > (a little) Zhiruo = Yin Li.
    Voice and smile: Zhao Min > the others.
    Eyes: 5's are all the same as each other's.
    Complexion: 5's are all the same as each other's.
    Intelligence: Zhao Min > the others.
    Depth of love: Zhao Min = Xiao Zhao = Yin Li > Zhiruo.
    In Wuji's eyes: Zhao Min > the others.

--> Zhao Min is the most beautiful girl in HSDS. .
    Last edited by RongYingMin; 09-21-06 at 04:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RongYingMin
    This is the 50th post of mine .
    I returned to vote for Huang Rong.
    Could you pls add me in your list, Fearless? .

ya sure
    盈盈道:“岳先生被逼吞食此药物之后,自是日夜不安,急欲解毒。一日不解,一日难以安心。他知道只有从你身 上打算,才能得到解药。”

令狐冲道:“这个自然。我是你的心肝宝贝,也只有用我,才能向你换到解药。”

我乃逍遥人,自然逍遥去。 - Fearless

Quote Originally Posted by Felix
    First off, how much is it you like Zhao Min because of the fact Alyssa Chia portrayed her? If Alyssa did not play her, would you say you like Zhao Min that much?
    You know, I thought about that one, and I have to say I would like Zhao Min even without Alyssa Chia, because I read Jin Yong's HSDS novel first, and after that, I liked Zhao Min best. I think Zhao Min deserves Zhang Wuji most. Plus, she makes a lot of sacrifices for Zhang Wuji, including some that he didn't like.

I guess Alyssa Chia might've added plus points for Zhao Min in my mind...okay, I've got to admit I like Alyssa Chia...but Zhao Min was always my favourite female heroine. And since I'd read the novel before 2003, yeah, I like Zhao Min the character.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    I have to say I would like Zhao Min even without Alyssa Chia, because I read Jin Yong's HSDS novel first, and after that, I liked Zhao Min best. I think Zhao Min deserves Zhang Wuji most. Plus, she makes a lot of sacrifices for Zhang Wuji, including some that he didn't like.

I guess Alyssa Chia might've added plus points for Zhao Min in my mind...okay, I've got to admit I like Alyssa Chia...but Zhao Min was always my favourite female heroine. And since I'd read the novel before 2003, yeah, I like Zhao Min the character.
    You know what Sparky, that's great, I accept that. It's good you like the Zhao Min in the novel, first and foremost. I guess Alyssa playing that role only sweetens it.

I can't stand it when people claim to like Little Dragon Girl, and then the big reason is because Carmen Lee, Liu Yi Fei, or Idy Chan played her. So props to you for actually truly liking the character themself.

"I love yadda yadda (insert character) because yadda yadda (actor or actress) portrayed that role onscreen" does not cut it for me.

If anyone truly likes the characters based on the novel alone, whether I like it or not, I accept it.

As for me being a CCY fan, it is heavily HSDS86 influenced. I dislike Zhao Min, but I do not hate her, not yet at least. I will have to read the HSDS novel for myself first, and then if Zhao Min still bugs me, then I will decide if hate is the right word.

It is funny because Gigi Lai and Alyssa Chia both played the role of Zhao Min, and I am a huge fan of Gigi and Alyssa. I do not like Charmaine Sheh, but I still was on her CCY side, so therefore I really fell deep down the well.

I heard Zhao Min in the novel is much more likeable than Kitty Lai's portrayal though. Maybe it will rub off on me. Someone told me they made Alyssa portrayal of Zhao Min extra sweet and cute. So therefore, Alyssa probably made a lot of new Zhao Min fans out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    LuNaR and hotohori_91, just out of curiosity, why do you say Zhou Zhiruo? Just because I happen to like Zhao Min, and I wanted to know why some people think otherwise

I think Zhao Min had to be wonderful to beat out any of the other girls in HSDS...plus Alyssa Chia is soo cute and beautiful! Anyway, I still think that Zhao Min and Zhang Wuji were meant for each other.
    hmmm...well, the only reason that I like Zhao Min at all is because Alyssa played the part. I dont know why, but I usually like the antagonist more than the protagonist. Actually, the only time I that I liked the protagonist more than the antagonist was XLN. So maybe that's why I always liked ZZR more than ZM. Also, I thought that ZM was really annoying at times, and ZZR was really pitiful at the begining. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against ZM. I just happen to like ZZR more. Besides, Gao Yuan Yuan is one of my favorite actresses.

what happened to my vote for Huang Rong!
    If an alaskan bear and a californian bear both jumped into water, which one will dissolve faster?

Quote Originally Posted by Huang YaoShi
    what happened to my vote for Huang Rong!
    The rule is only people who posted above 50 posts counts in the voting. So when you have posted at least 50 posts, come back and your vote will count.

BTW Fearless,

To make it look more similar to "JY heroes demographic" list, I think you should put the names with more votes on top just so we can see who has the most current fan list.

The rule is only people who posted above 50 posts counts in the voting. So when you have posted at least 50 posts, come back and your vote will count.
    fine fine...

now can i vote for HR?
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    You've got to remember that today's 'Mongolians' look nothing at all like the true Mongols of 1200 AD [or CE if you prefer].
    Yeah, Zhao Min was very likely to have blood-relation to the Uyghur.
    But that only proves more that she was very beautiful .
    I think the outward figures of the Uyghur are very graceful. Sorry if I'm wrong.
    Last edited by RongYingMin; 09-20-06 at 01:05 AM.

Can you give me some explainations?
    In the novel, Zhao Min said that her ancestor was Genghis Khan, a great Mongolian emperor.
    Figuratively, perhaps, but not literally. Chiu Mun's father, Chaghan Timur, was a powerful nobleman of the Yuan court, but of no blood relation to the Genghis Khan line of Yuan Dynasty emperors.

She's a "descendent" of Genghis Khan in the sense that the latter Cheun Jen Sect members were "descendents" of Central Divinity Wong Chung Yeung.

BTW Fearless,

To make it look more similar to "JY heroes demographic" list, I think you should put the names with more votes on top just so we can see who has the most current fan list.
    all rite then
    盈盈道:“岳先生被逼吞食此药物之后,自是日夜不安,急欲解毒。一日不解,一日难以安心。他知道只有从你身 上打算,才能得到解药。”

令狐冲道:“这个自然。我是你的心肝宝贝,也只有用我,才能向你换到解药。”

我乃逍遥人,自然逍遥去。 - Fearless

Quote Originally Posted by hotohori_91
    hmmm...well, the only reason that I like Zhao Min at all is because Alyssa played the part. I dont know why, but I usually like the antagonist more than the protagonist. Actually, the only time I that I liked the protagonist more than the antagonist was XLN. So maybe that's why I always liked ZZR more than ZM. Also, I thought that ZM was really annoying at times, and ZZR was really pitiful at the begining. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against ZM. I just happen to like ZZR more. Besides, Gao Yuan Yuan is one of my favorite actresses.
    I feel the same way for ZZR. Somehow I tend to "support" her more because she suffered a lot of injustice. True, towards the end it was ZZR's own fault that she lost the chance to be with ZWJ because she committed evil, but i felt she deserved better as she was forced to commit the bad deeds against her will (you could fault her for not being strong enough to defy Mie Jue but after all she took an oath to follow Mie Jue's last orders).

I remembered when i first read the novel, after ZWJ jilted her at the wedding altar i hoped she would quickly master 9Yin and kick ZWJ's a**. The poor girl.

PS: yeah Gao Yuan Yuan was good as ZZR, i think Zhou Hai Mei was superb too.

I guess I could understand how you might root for Zhou Zhiruo, but Zhang Wuji can't help the fact that he loves Zhao Min more. I also really like Zhao Min's assertive nature...she seems a bit mean and mischievious at the beginning, but you soon see that she's a really sincere character as well when it comes to loving Zhang Wuji. Just in my opinion, Zhao Min deserved Zhang Wuji most.

However, Zhiruo did suffer a lot of bad circumstances. I do feel bad for her now that I think about it...as for Gao Yuan Yuan, I like her as an actress pretty well, but to me she's not the one of the MOST amazing actresses.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by bloodstar
    I remembered when i first read the novel, after ZWJ jilted her at the wedding altar i hoped she would quickly master 9Yin and kick ZWJ's a**. The poor girl.
    haha. i had the same reaction. besides, i partially blame ZWJ for ZZR's condition at the end of the story. if he hadn't totally led her on, then maybe things would've turned out...differently

Quote Originally Posted by hotohori_91
    haha. i had the same reaction. besides, i partially blame ZWJ for ZZR's condition at the end of the story. if he hadn't totally led her on, then maybe things would've turned out...differently
    He never led her on; she demanded something of him that he wasn't prepared to give.

I only partially blame Mit Jeut See Tai too. Sure, it was Mit Jeut who instructed Chow Chi Yerk to do those terrible things, but I don't think CCY could or would have done those things if she didn't have some very big character problems of her own.

If you observe her actions from early on, way before Mit Jeut gave her those instructions, you'll see that CCY always had a manipulative and latently evil streak in her. It took a while and the right conditions to fully manifest itself, but it had always been there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    He never led her on; she demanded something of him that he wasn't prepared to give.
    I use to think like u too. But after someone told me that in the book, ZWJ actually acted very intimately toward ZZR, I feel that he did lead her on unintentionally.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    I use to think like u too. But after someone told me that in the book, ZWJ actually acted very intimately toward ZZR, I feel that he did lead her on unintentionally.
    But didn't that occur after Yan Lei was dead (or supposedly dead), Siu Chiu had left for Persia, and Chiu Mun had become Cheung Mo Gei's "enemy?" If Cheung Mo Gei really believed at the time that Chow Chi Yerk was the only one of the four women he cared about he'd truly have any chance to be with, he can hardly be blamed for taking that chance. Of course, Cheung Mo Gei preferred Chiu Mun, but didn't Chow Chi Yerk arrange things so that he couldn't be with her?

I still feel the manipulator was Chow Chi Yerk, not Cheung Mo Gei.

ZZRuo's ambition was too big.
    Not only did she want to possess Wuji, but also this girl wanted to become the most powerful fighter and bring fame to Emei School and make it the most powerful school in Jianghu.
    All those things made her lose Wuji's love though she had had a better start than Zhao Min, the girl who placed Wuji above all, had.

ZZRuo's ambition was too big.
    Not only did she want to possess Wuji, but also this girl wanted to become the most powerful fighter and bring fame to Emei School and make it the most powerful school in Jianghu.
    All those things made her lose Wuji's love though she had had a better start than Zhao Min, the girl who placed Wuji above all, had.
    It all started with that old nun Miejue. I saw her as the catalyst for ZZR's downfall.
    ..ext88