Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kekkon Dekinai Otoko

Screenshots from episode 2:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m86/raven_frosts/kdo2.jpg')

I just watched the first episode. It's hilarious! I laughed countless times, especially at Shinsuke's comments and reactions.

The three kawaii!!! elements:

1) Tsukamoto Takashi's Eiji - definitely eyecandy. Gotta love his eyes and smile.
    2) Kuninaka Ryoko's Tamura Michiru - has a naturally innocent and sweet appearance. She and Eiji would look so cute together.
    3) Ken-chan - soooo adorable with that pugly face, especially when he was concerned about his owner.

Is Ken-chan named Ken because 'ken' supposedly means 'dog' in Japanese or is he really named after his owner's ex-boyfriend? Tamura Michiru cited both reasons, but I'm wondering which one (or maybe both?) is/are the real one(s)?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

it supposely name after her ex boyfriend. and i guess she didn't want to change because the dog know that name already, change it will be a hassel and she probably like the name

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    Ken-chan - soooo adorable with that pugly face, especially when he was concerned about his owner.
    I loved the episode with Ken and Kuwano later on in the drama. It was totally funny and heartwarming watching the two interact, and how their relationship developed from thereon. and Ken and Kuwano look like they resemble each other. Those soulful, inquisitive eyes.

I'm up to episode 4. The characters in this show run into each other ALOT outside the hospital...Natsumi and Michiru have spied Kuwano at least twice so far (once eating dinner by himself and then buying an ugly hat), Natsumi and Michiru at the library, Natsumi and Kuwano at the video rental store, Michiru and Kuwano at the elevator, Michiru and Eiji at the prior's workplace, Natsumi caught daydreaming in the bathtub when Maya walked in, etc. It really is a small world after all.

Quote Originally Posted by jade_frosts
    I loved the episode with Ken and Kuwano later on in the drama. It was totally funny and heartwarming watching the two interact, and how their relationship developed from thereon. and Ken and Kuwano look like they resemble each other. Those soulful, inquisitive eyes.
    I'm looking forward to that! Ken is so cute and very human-like. You're right, I'm beginning to see more and more of a resemblance between him and Kuwano. I love this shot you posted earlier of Ken staring up at Kuwano when the latter was eavesdropping on Natsumi and Michiru:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m86/raven_frosts/Frown.jpg')
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Default SPOILERS!!!

Ahhh I watched the episode with Kuwano helping to take care of Ken while Michiru was in the hospital. I loved the part when Kuwano thought it was Ken's body in the pond and he was freaking out. I felt like laughing and crying at the same time! You can totally tell that Kuwano is softening. Aw all around.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I only have two more episodes to go. Will Kuwano finally get hitched at the end?!? And will it be to...? I guess I'll find out soon.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Default "I'd like to play catch...with you."

I feel like I'm spamming this thread, posting after myself so much. Anyway, this'll be it 'cause I've finished the serial! The ending was open, but satisfactorily realistic and didn't undermine the intelligence or imagination of the audience. Yay for two fishies. I laughed out loud so many times my neighbors probably think I'm on something. I highly recommend it!

Abe Hiroshi is an amazing actor to say the least. His portrayal of Kuwano was so natural even though such a neurotic character could very easily have been overexaggerated. He had all the mannerisms down to a science. I kept staring at his a$$ which seemed to have a life of its own at times. Kuwano was consistent throughout the entire serial and yet there were significantly subtle changes, if you'll allow me to use that oxymoron. I'll miss Kuwano's interactions with Ken the most. Those scenes were always sweet. Oh, and the eyecandy too, of course.

If there's ever an American version of this show, I can totally see House M.D.'s Hugh Laurie in the leading role.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I am interested to see this serial, it seems good. Only problem is I have to wait for it to be available for sale since its so current and again, don't know if the local distributers would bring in, If not,, might have to get it from overseas... again.

luckily, my sis got me team medical dragon because it really is not available in Singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    I am interested to see this serial, it seems good. Only problem is I have to wait for it to be available for sale since its so current and again, don't know if the local distributers would bring in, If not,, might have to get it from overseas... again.

luckily, my sis got me team medical dragon because it really is not available in Singapore.
    Definitely watch this serial when you get a chance. You won't be disappointed.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

i just hear that the main actor and actress won for best support and best actor award. this series got the best drama. so congratulation to them.

Quote Originally Posted by tae
    i just hear that the main actor and actress won for best support and best actor award. this series got the best drama. so congratulation to them.
    Definitely well deserved! Abe Hiroshi and Natsukawa Yui had really good chemistry together. The timing of their mannerisms and humor really complemented one another.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Screenshots from episode 3:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m86/raven_frosts/kdo3.jpg')

I feel like I'm spamming this thread, posting after myself so much. Anyway, this'll be it 'cause I've finished the serial! The ending was open, but satisfactorily realistic and didn't undermine the intelligence or imagination of the audience. Yay for two fishies. I laughed out loud so many times my neighbors probably think I'm on something. I highly recommend it!

Abe Hiroshi is an amazing actor to say the least. His portrayal of Kuwano was so natural even though such a neurotic character could very easily have been overexaggerated. He had all the mannerisms down to a science. I kept staring at his a$$ which seemed to have a life of its own at times. Kuwano was consistent throughout the entire serial and yet there were significantly subtle changes, if you'll allow me to use that oxymoron. I'll miss Kuwano's interactions with Ken the most. Those scenes were always sweet. Oh, and the eyecandy too, of course.
    I'm delighted to know that KDO swept the main awards. Very well deserved!!!

I'm just back from a vacation to Japan and I feel that many of the dramas of this season are somewhat a letdown after the brilliance of Kekkon Dekinai Otoko. And I suspect that Fuji TV won't miss a chance to do a drama special or even a second season given the immense popularity of KDO.

I couldn't agree more with you on your observations, Lady Zhuge. As the drama progressed and I thought Kuwano wouldn't make the plunge and 'bare his soul,' I fancied that he'd end up with Ken!!! I miss KDO!
    Last edited by jade_frosts; 11-04-06 at 08:37 PM.

I'm delighted to know that KDO swept the main awards. Very well deserved!!!

I'm just back from a vacation to Japan and I feel that many of the dramas of this season are somewhat a letdown after the brilliance of Kekkon Dekinai Otoko. And I suspect that Fuji TV won't miss a chance to do a drama special or even a second season given the immense popularity of KDO.

I couldn't agree more with you on your observations, Lady Zhuge. As the drama progressed and I thought Kuwano wouldn't make the plunge and 'bare his soul,' I fancied that he'd end up with Ken!!! I miss KDO!
    Welcome back.

Did you see Nodame Cantabile while you were there? Do you think its up there with KDO? And what's currently big in the entertainment scene there now? always nice to hear from someone who's actually just been to the place...
    Last edited by strawberry; 11-04-06 at 10:00 PM.

It's good to be back just as I'm feeling like I had an overdose of soy sauce and miso.

This seems to be a season with a weak drama lineup but winter should be better. I don't think Nodame Cantabile is in any way comparable to Kekkon Dekinai Otoko which was brilliant in its subtly humorous, sharp observations of human social interactions told in a rather ingenious yet old-fashioned manner. Nodame being a manga adaptation is entertaining but rather simplistic to me. I found the start good -Juri Ueno and Hiroshi Tamaki play their roles as Nodame and Chiaki well, there are many funny scenes between the two of them that leave quite an impression and terrific music and soundtrack choices but I didn't fancy the introduction of Naoto Takenaka's exaggerated portrayal of the foreign conductor, Franz Strezemann, because from thereon I just thought that things went quite over the top. Of course, it's too early to tell but I guess I'll say that Kekkon Dekinai Otoko is in a league of its own. Oh, and by the way, did anyone mention or happen to know that the cute pug Ken-chan got a special mention in the same Japanese Television Awards that saw Kekkon Dekinai Otoko sweep 5 of the main awards.

Hmm...as for happenings in the entertainment circle, what's big is the divorce between Yuko Takeuchi (Pride, Lunch Queen) and her husband Shidou Nakamura after less than two years of marriage. The two had fallen in love on the movie set of Ima Ai ni Yukimasu and married when Yuko became pregnant with their son. She's the supposed victim of her husband's philandering ways and the rumour mill has it that she filed for divorce because she'd had enough of his playboy lifestyle. So Yuko's career will probably be given a boost with an audience sympathetic of her plight. And Masami Nagasawa, who stars in this season's Sailor Fuku to Kikanjyu, appears to be the next biggest young female actress if we go by the exposure she has been getting in commercials, billboards dramas, and movies. That's all I managed to register given my rather limited grasp of the language!
    Last edited by jade_frosts; 11-05-06 at 11:31 AM.

Oh, and by the way, did anyone mention or happen to know that the cute pug Ken-chan got a special mention in the same Japanese Television Awards that saw Kekkon Dekinai Otoko sweep 5 of the main awards.
    Another well-deserved honor! So is the pug who played Ken-chan really named Ken?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Another well-deserved honor! So is the pug who played Ken-chan really named Ken?
    Haha I don't know. Maybe. There's a little page dedicated to Ken-chan in the official KDO website: http://www.ktv.co.jp/shinsuke/ken/index.html. It says that Ken-chan likes doing things at his own pace. His favourite sport is chasing after balls, and his favourite objects are fleece blankets and balls with protruding surfaces. Hahaha. I've never known a dog who so adored veggie like Ken-chan adores cucumber.

Screenshots from episode 4:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m86/raven_frosts/kdo4.jpg')

Screenshots from episode 5:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m86/raven_frosts/kdo5.jpg')