Thread: Deun Yu's 6 Mak Divine Swords "short circuit" - what was wrong?

Default Deun Yu's 6 Mak Divine Swords "short circuit" - what was wrong?

Owing to his lack of formal training in martial arts (particularly the 1 Yeung Finger Technique considered prerequisite for training in the 6 Mak Divine Swords), Deun Yu's 6 Mak Divine Swords was very unreliable. Sometimes, it'd work, but just as often, it would short circuit on him.

Clinically speaking, what was the problem? It couldn't just be because he didn't know what he was doing because he could get it going some of the time. What was he usually doing wrong that made the technique not work? Later on, when he got it to work more reliably, what did he figure out to get it that way?

1. He had not learnt kungfu or internal energy cultivation so he didn't know how to generate 'qi' and direct it to the right places.

2. 6MSJ is based on 1YJ, but he never learnt 1YJ.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    1. He had not learnt kungfu or internal energy cultivation so he didn't know how to generate 'qi' and direct it to the right places.

He was still able to pull it off, but not very reliably. I thought that because of Item # 1 and # 2, he wouldn't be able to do 6 Mak Divine Swords at all - but he could, just not very well.

Well I think even if you learn it from a book, you still need a teacher to properly teach you things. So perhaps, learning by yourself would be slightly harder because you still have to experiment and see what works for you and struggle with it until you could really master it. With a teacher, they can tell you what you're doing wrong and help you improve. I guess that could apply with Duan Yu.

And what Candide says seems logical to me.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Candide

1 is correct, 2 doesn't sound logical to me.

It is true that one *should* learn 1YZ before learning 6MSJ, however, DY learnt that skill DZM taught him to absorb all the energy into his dantian, and after that, he passed the test of projecting energy through the correct meridians--the final step to unleashing 6MSJ.

However, it happens that only at certain times, his internal energy will unconsciously move along the correct channels and pass out of his fingers. After that, he will forget how to trigger his internal energy pass these meridians again

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

mainly it was because of BMSG, i think. BMSG's inner power travelled in the opposite direction of other schools, including duan family. when he needed his inner power to go forward, it went backwards. later he got better control and was able to unleash 6MDS at will.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/