View Poll Results: Which is the more perfect skill?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Art of Essence Absorbing

2 6.25%
  • Beiming Shengong

27 84.38%
  • Equal or No comment

3 9.38%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Art of Essence Absorbing in comparision with Beiming Shengong?

Default Art of Essence Absorbing in comparision with Beiming Shengong?

In DGSD, Duan Yu had the complete Beiming Shengong manual but he was only able to learn 3 or 4 pages in it before it was torn into pieces. So he could only absorb enemy's energy when that person had contact with Duan Yu's wrist.

In SPW, AoEA is a elite skill derived from Beiming Shengong of Duan Yu and Huogong Dafa of DCQ. Not only can absorb by any contact, but also the practitioner of this skill can even absorb enemy's energy through weapons.

Between Art of Essence Absorbing and complete Beiming Shengong, which is the more perfect skill?

I choose Art of Essence Absorbing.
    Last edited by RongYingMin; 09-18-06 at 12:16 AM.

My vote goes to BMSG simply because of its ablility to merge all energy streams into one... unlike that of XXDF
    " Forgo your past and embrance the future OR abandon your future to save your past?"

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by RongYingMin
    In DGSD, Duan Yu had the complete Beiming Shengong manual but he was only able to learn 3 or 4 pages in it before it was torn into pieces. So he could only absorb enemy's energy when that person have contact with Duan Yu's wrist.

In SPW, AoEA is a elite skill derived from Beiming Shengong of Duan Yu and Huogong Dafa of DCQ. Not only can absorb by any contact, but also the pratitioner of this skill can even absorb enemy's energy through weapons.

Between Art of Essence Absorbing and complete Beiming Shengong, which is the more perfect skill?

how come you call XXDF is perfect when its only give bad side-effect to the practitioner while BMSG just combine everything and give pure energy/chi to the practitioner without any unwanted side effect accept over abundant of inner energy.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    how come you call XXDF is perfect when its only give bad side-effect to the practitioner while BMSG just combine everything and give pure energy/chi to the practitioner without any unwanted side effect accept over abundant of inner energy.
    Only XXDF of LHC does its pratitioner harm.
    After the period of 12 years in the prison, RWXing succeeded in improving this elite skill and made it more perfect than BMSG at any aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by druid
    My vote goes to BMSG simply because of its ablility to merge all energy streams into one... unlike that of XXDF
    RWXing can do that too.

Now I list progressive characteristics of RWXing's XXDF passing BMSG's:
    - Absorbing through any contact with practitioner's body.
    - Absorbing through weapons
    - Unifying different inner energy streams.
    - Doing practiontioner no harm.
    Last edited by RongYingMin; 09-17-06 at 10:30 PM.

BMSG seems to me to be a much more advanced technique.

RWXing requires dissipating energy, BMSG merges it. Very big difference.

The fact that we are debating whether 4 pages of BMSG or the entire XXDF is better speaks as to the superiority of the full BMSG.

After the spell in the prison, RWX still could not merge the energies. He had to suppress them temporarily.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    After the spell in the prison, RWX still could not merge the energies. He had to suppress them temporarily.
    This is an extraction in SPW from the traslation of pokit and hhuang.
    Notice the sentences in bold type.

Quote Originally Posted by pokit n' hhuang
    Xiang WenTian turned to LingHu Chong and said, "Brother, Chief has already said that there's a big flaw with the Art of Essence Absorbing. As far as I know, Chief was working on a solution to fix this divine martial art while he endured being imprisoned for the last 12 years. Of course, by the time he escaped from that prison, he already had a breakthrough and found the solution for this divine martial art. Chief, is this right?"

Ren WoXing rubbed his thick black fine beard, laughed, and was feeling proud of himself. He said, "Of course. From now on, when I absorb other people's energy, I don't have to worry about these energies suddenly reversing. HaHa! Brother LingHu, take a deep breath, don't you feel there's qi drumming fiercely at your Yuzhen and Shanzhong acupoints?"
    Last edited by RongYingMin; 09-18-06 at 12:27 AM.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

BMSG gave a warning to it's practioners that if you try to forcfully absorb your opponents power, your own power might empty out into your opponent. XXDF had a similar problem. RWX's XXDF would actively seek out an opponents inner power and try to absorb it. later he dies of fire deviation because of it. his fix it solution turned out to be ineffective and only a temperay stop gap measure. in the revised version, XXDF is created from only BMSG, not HGDF. XXDF goes against BMSG's 'rivers emptying into the sea' principle. because of this, XXDF eventually will harm the practioneer.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

This is an extraction in SPW from the traslation of pokit and hhuang.
    Notice the sentences in bold type.
    This was RWX and XWT trying to get LHC to join the Sun Moon Divine Sect. At this point in time, RWX's "Solution" consisted of dispersing the energies or using his own energy to suppress them. It was not the same as merging them into one like BMZQ.

If RWX had found a real solution, he wouldn't have gotten into trouble later.

If RWX had found a real solution, he wouldn't have gotten into trouble later.
    Namely dropping dead one day.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    Namely dropping dead one day.
    Well, he did find a final solution there didn't he?

though i haven't finished reading spwanderer yet but i asked a friend of mine who have read it. he told me:
    - RWXing didn't die of "improved Art of Essence Absorbing".

- His death was caused by:
    the miserableness in 12 years in prison,
    the consequences of learning "imperfect Art of Essence Absorbing",
    and the exertion in improving his "imperfect Art of Essence Absorbing".

- So if there was someone learning the "new Art of Essence Absorbing", he wouldn't be harmed by this skill.
    Last edited by RongYingMin; 09-19-06 at 12:36 AM.

TommyH
    Unregistered

In DGSD, Duan Yu had the complete Beiming Shengong manual but he was only able to learn 3 or 4 pages in it before it was torn into pieces. So he could only absorb enemy's energy when that person had contact with Duan Yu's wrist.

In SPW, AoEA is a elite skill derived from Beiming Shengong of Duan Yu and Huogong Dafa of DCQ. Not only can absorb by any contact, but also the practitioner of this skill can even absorb enemy's energy through weapons.

I thought DY learned the complete BMSG manual. But based on what you said does that mean that if DY learned more of BMSG then he could absorb internal power from others at a distance?

Not only can absorb by any contact, but also the practitioner of this skill can even absorb enemy's energy through weapons.
    I thought BMSG could also suck internal power through weapons...

- So if there was someone learning the "new Art of Essence Absorbing", he wouldn't be harmed by this skill.
    Yea it's called Beiming Shengong.
    Yo momma cat

If the new XXDF was really as good as BMSG, then it ought to be good enough to erase any previous damages. BMSG after all could merge all internal energy, great or small, yin or yang. It could shift from 100% Yang to 100% Yin in an instant. A master of it would hardly be able to suffer any kind of ongoing internal damage like the kind you are proposing RWX suffered.

I think up to now, this is the most lopsided poll on the wuxia forum yet.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    I thought DY learned the complete BMSG manual. But based on what you said does that mean that if DY learned more of BMSG then he could absorb internal power from others at a distance?

I thought BMSG could also suck internal power through weapons...
    Anyone correct me?

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    Anyone correct me?
    If DY had learnt the complete BMSG then he wouldn't of had problems sucking people to begin with.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

i belive duan yu's achivements in BMSG should be about the same as LHC in XXDF just after the three duels at shaolin. LHC was able to help RWX disperse the cold energy but there were still many kinds of refined and obscure techniques that he had not learned yet.

Suddenly, a portion of the cold energy rushed up his arm and he was unable to restrain it. He felt the cold strangely entering the bones in his whole body, and he hastily regulated his internal energy to resist it. At the moment he regulated his energy, he suddenly felt that it was blocked at his left shoulder, so he hastily increased his energy. But the ‘Art of Essence Absorbing’ that he had practised was only according to the secrets engraved on the iron panel, which he had learned by himself without any teacher. So there were still many kinds of refined and obscure techniques that he had not learned yet. By forcefully rushing his energy, his energy was dissipated even more.
    what he(LHC/DY) had was the basic start/absorb and send to the right channels but not the subtle mastery of the full skill as possessed by RXW/WYZ.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

If Lin Xian Er from Dagger Lee possessed this skill, would she be unstoppable?!