Thread: someone pls help to name this wuxia series

Default someone pls help to name this wuxia series

hi.. someone pls help me to name this series
    i have finished reading a wuxia series traslated into our language, burmese....
    so far i couldn't find the original chinese name and author of that series... so i need help from wuxia expert!!! i just get the names from translation and don't know much about pinyin so pls bare with my spelling..
    the storyline is ppl from wulin trying to get the great wuxia manual...it mentions about 9 great Sects including XiaoLin, WuDan, KunLun, HuaSan,KoneTone, QingQian, TainQian, YueSan(spl?)... the main guy is called Ma Jin Hu (spl?) from Kunlun Sect. he is really naive and honest... the main villain is , Su Pei Htai(spl?), the chef of Tian Long (spl?) Sect and he try to control the whole wulin.... a lot of girls even the daughter of Tian Long's chief like MaJinHu... another girl is called Bei Yuan Fei (spl?), she is so smart, she is a princess and martial art expert... she has a big white bird named Aw Yue(spl?)....her teacher, teacher's daughter and she r the only ppl know the marital art from that great manual....
    sorry i'm not a good story-teller... any clue about the original chinese name and author... or may be the made-up translation from burmese author
    Last edited by qinglong; 09-18-06 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by qinglong
    hi.. someone pls help me to name this series
    i have finished reading a wuxia series traslated into our language, burmese....
    so far i couldn't find the original chinese name and author of that series... so i need help from wuxia expert!!! i just get the names from translation and don't know much about pinyin so pls bare with my spelling..
    the storyline is ppl from wulin trying to get the great wuxia manual...it mentions about 9 great Sects including XiaoLin, WuDan, KunLun, HuaSan,KoneTone, QingQian, TainQian, YueSan(spl?)... the main guy is called Ma Jin Hu (spl?) from Kunlun Sect. he is really naive and honest... the main villain is , Su Pei Htai(spl?), the chef of Tian Long (spl?) Sect and he try to control the whole wulin.... a lot of girls even the daughter of Tian Long's chief like MaJinHu... another girl is called Bei Yuan Fei (spl?), she is so smart, she is a princess and martial art expert... she has a big white bird named Aw Yue(spl?)....her teacher, teacher's daughter and she r the only ppl know the marital art from that great manual....
    sorry i'm not a good story-teller... any clue about the original chinese name and author... or may be the made-up translation from burmese author
    Mythical Crane Magical Needle

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=15286

thank a lot...i'm doing google now to find more info...
    btw...who is the author? neither JY or GL for sure...rite? and where can i find the english translation? anyone doing translation on that one?...the translation into burmese is not that good... and i could read only english and burmese translation ...i wish i could read in chinese...

The only novel ever translated well into your language is "Smiling Proud Wanderer" which in burmese the author translated into what litterally means "The Martial Arts' World's Challange" in english.

Anyways, you do have people who translate wuxia novels into your language, but I heard that many of them weren't well done. I know because I spent a few months in your country as a diplomat and I heard it from some people I met.

Smiling Proud Wanderer isn't so exact of a translation either for Xiao Ao Jiang Hu. Then again, "Laughs at Martial World" sounds really bad.

hi MysteriousX... it's a real good thing that at least one person know Burma... Since i was in middle school, i had a chance to taste burmese wuxia traslation books and couldn't stop reading them ...til now.....
    i have read all most all of JY translations... "The martial art world's challenge" is the translation of XAJH... there r many GL and other authors translation too... but unfortunately... the translation barely mentioned the author and title chinese name so i couldn't match the chinese and burmese translation name..
    and more sadly, there is no new translation any more... what the publishers nowadays do is just simply reprint all the translations...that's all...many young ppl don't like reading wuxia books anymore.. but i'm still a hardcore wuxia fan

btw...someone pls tell me how the original book's ending...
    coz the burmese translation ends with the main guy, MaJinHu (spl?) never come out from the collapse of PiSharGone (spl?) palace... nobody knows whether he still alive or not... and the story finishs there...i'm so upset with that uncertain ending ...
    i don't think that will be the real ending... or may be that's not the real ending yet... thank in advance...

Quote Originally Posted by qinglong
    btw...someone pls tell me how the original book's ending...
    coz the burmese translation ends with the main guy, MaJinHu (spl?) never come out from the collapse of PiSharGone (spl?) palace... nobody knows whether he still alive or not... and the story finishs there...i'm so upset with that uncertain ending ...
    i don't think that will be the real ending... or may be that's not the real ending yet... thank in advance...
    I've not read the book, but I skip to the ending for a peep. Ma Jun Wu is very much alive at the end of the book.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩