View Poll Results: Had Au Yeung Fung paid the price for his crimes by the time of his death?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 75.00%
  • No

3 25.00%

Thread: Had Au Yeung Fung paid the price for his crimes by the time he died?

Default Had Au Yeung Fung paid the price for his crimes by the time he died?

Would you say that by the time that he died in ROCH, West Poison Au Yeung Fung had adequately paid for his crimes in LOCH, and could be forgiven for all that he had done?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Would you say that by the time that he died in ROCH, West Poison Au Yeung Fung had adequately paid for his crimes in LOCH, and could be forgiven for all that he had done?

what exactly did he do? he tried alot of stuff but none of it really worked.

Quote Originally Posted by warlock110
    i really don't think that he was so bad except maybe killing the 5 freaks and sleeping with his brother's wife

Quote Originally Posted by warlock110
    That doesn't matter. He attempted to murder Gwok Jing, Wong Yung, North Beggar Hung 7 Gung, and others on numerous occassions during LOCH to accomplish his goal of obtaining the 9 Yum Jen Ging and winning the title of World's Greatest Fighter.

In nearly every country in the world, attempted crime is still prosecuted as crime. Criminals are not absolved of blame/guilt if they happen to fail in their criminal endeavors. That he didn't succeed in his murderous goals doesn't mean that Au Yeung Fung wasn't evil during LOCH.

That doesn't matter. He attempted to murder Gwok Jing, Wong Yung, North Beggar Hung 7 Gung, and others on numerous occassions during LOCH to accomplish his goal of obtaining the 9 Yum Jen Ging and winning the title of World's Greatest Fighter.

In nearly every country in the world, attempted crime is still prosecuted as crime. Criminals are not absolved of blame/guilt if they happen to fail in their criminal endeavors. That he didn't succeed in his murderous goals doesn't mean that Au Yeung Fung wasn't evil during LOCH.
    he was just being ambitious he wanted to be no. 1 in the world

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus
    he was just being ambitious he wanted to be no. 1 in the world
    Nothing wrong with being ambitious, but how one gets there does matter.

it's part of his job being a villain but back to the topic. in my book he is forgiven by the time of his death. actually i liked him in ROCH

it's part of his job being a villain but back to the topic. in my book he is forgiven by the time of his death. actually i liked him in ROCH
    So did I, but I wonder what Jin Yong's actual intent was with Au Yeung Fung in ROCH: was he *meant* to be a redeemed villain...a force of evil that had been subdued, punished, and cleansed of malevolence? Did Jin Yong intend to recast Au Yeung Fung as a sympathetic character that even those who hated and feared him during LOCH could finally forgive?

So did I, but I wonder what Jin Yong's actual intent was with Au Yeung Fung in ROCH: was he *meant* to be a redeemed villain...a force of evil that had been subdued, punished, and cleansed of malevolence? Did Jin Yong intend to recast Au Yeung Fung as a sympathetic character that even those who hated and feared him during LOCH could finally forgive?
    both options would work but it would be more interesting to create a new villain. he was crazy and wouldn't be a major threat anymore despite his MA. for him to be a major threat he would be sane again and gain a powerful manual so he could defeat the other greats.

both options would work but it would be more interesting to create a new villain. he was crazy and wouldn't be a major threat anymore despite his MA. for him to be a major threat he would be sane again and gain a powerful manual so he could defeat the other greats.
    I don't think Au Yeung Fung needed to resume his old role as primary villain during ROCH, but I'm wondering how Jin Yong ultimately wanted the character to be remembered: the murderous villain of LOCH, or the addled, but loving father-figure of ROCH? Which one was the true, definitive West Poison Au Yeung Fung?

I don't think Au Yeung Fung needed to resume his old role as primary villain during ROCH, but I'm wondering how Jin Yong ultimately wanted the character to be remembered: the murderous villain of LOCH, or the addled, but loving father-figure of ROCH? Which one was the true, definitive West Poison Au Yeung Fung?

to answer that you gotta ask the man himself probably the loving father figure as he was shown in ROCH