Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Return of the Condor Heroes 《神雕侠侣》 (1983)

Default Return of the Condor Heroes

Having watched China ZJZ's ROCH06 and being bitterly disappointed by the very poor editing of what could have been THE classic ROCH, I turned to TVB Andy/Idy's version and is thoroughly enjoying it. It fills in what has been edited out of ROCH06 and the storyline is more smooth.
    The Andy/Idy ROCH is still the better and classic ROCH.
    Last edited by Surferket; 05-17-06 at 07:30 PM.

I didn't get to watch the version with Andy Lau & Idy version because I wasn't born around the time, hehe. But I want to rent it though. I have seen LOCH recently with Felix Wong & barbara yung though.
    I'm watching: War & Destiny, Yummy Yummy

Want to watch: The Conquest, ASITP & EH (again)

Recently watched: LOCH'82, Strike at Heart, Central Affairs, The Academy

Of course, the Andy & Idy version is the excellent one to date, especially with the best Zhou Bo Tong and the best Huang Rong.

Yes that Huang Rong is really beautiful and smart compared to the insipid and lacklustre HR of ROCH06.

Between Louis and Andy's versions which is the better? There is another version with Carmen and some guy but the guy looks too old to be even playing a younger YG.

Quote Originally Posted by Thai guy
    Of course, the Andy & Idy version is the excellent one to date, especially with the best Zhou Bo Tong and the best Huang Rong.

My personal opinion is, of course, Andy's version is far better. This is due to the fact that there were stronger supporting casts-the best Huang Yaoshi, the best Zhou Bo Tong, the best Huang Rong, the best Huo Do, etc.

Agree that the 1983 version has the most complete storyline as it is the longest serial on this story produced.

Agree also that it has the best Huang Ruong and Zhou Bo Tong.

I can't say that I was a big fan of Idy as XLN... I liked Carman Lee as XLN... but, LYF as XLN raised the bar to a higher level I think...

But yes, bad editing has really drag ROCH 05 below its potential. I still can't get over how abruptly the ending was and how they cut out the entire bit where XLN was supposed to battle all 9 attackers (at Chong Yang Palace) simultaneously before being mortally injured! That was to be the pinnacle of fight scenes for XLN and they cut it out!!! It could have easily replaced all the kung fu practice scenes they shot on YG during the 16 years separation!

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket
    Yes that Huang Rong is really beautiful and smart compared to the insipid and lacklustre HR of ROCH06.

Between Louis and Andy's versions which is the better? There is another version with Carmen and some guy but the guy looks too old to be even playing a younger YG.
    i think u r on crack o something....o just plain dumb............the other version with Carmen n some guy but the guy looks too old is Louis.......

Quote Originally Posted by tulipdroob
    Agree that the 1983 version has the most complete storyline as it is the longest serial on this story produced.

Agree also that it has the best Huang Ruong and Zhou Bo Tong.

I can't say that I was a big fan of Idy as XLN... I liked Carman Lee as XLN... but, LYF as XLN raised the bar to a higher level I think...

But yes, bad editing has really drag ROCH 05 below its potential. I still can't get over how abruptly the ending was and how they cut out the entire bit where XLN was supposed to battle all 9 attackers (at Chong Yang Palace) simultaneously before being mortally injured! That was to be the pinnacle of fight scenes for XLN and they cut it out!!! It could have easily replaced all the kung fu practice scenes they shot on YG during the 16 years separation!
    i can't agree more with you, i was expecting quite a bit from the whole film but as a whole i found it to be lacking, the storyline did not 'flow' smoothly. i never realised how important is editing, and this really shows it.

and my favorite scene isn't in the film...the fight at Chong Yang Palace, i really wanted to see the whole sword in the air thing...when XLN threw up 40 or so swords into the air and juggled them like she did with the birds in the tomb.

I'm with you there... so, to curb my disappointment in not seeing this crucial scene in ROCH05, I've turned to re-reading the novels for the 3rd time...

It's like everytime a remake disappoints, I go back to the source...

I wonder if you are able to do a simple post without making a personal attack just because you happen to disagree with a view point.

Louis looks damn old in that show.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyKing
    i think u r on crack o something....o just plain dumb............the other version with Carmen n some guy but the guy looks too old is Louis.......

I dislike the stupid mindless bad editing of the vcd version of '83. Too much was chopped from that version to the point that it is as bad as what happened to ROCH06.

Well, the 1983 version just been re-released with all cut scenes added back in... also has english subtitles. Have a look in Yes Asia - should be a white cover.

Those re-released in DVD format are not easy to get in SG since they were last released here like last year and there were no replenishment of stocks since. Price wise Yesasia's very much too expensive for like S$130 for something that was sold for S$50 in SG.

Quote Originally Posted by tulipdroob
    Well, the 1983 version just been re-released with all cut scenes added back in... also has english subtitles. Have a look in Yes Asia - should be a white cover.

Default Return of the Condor Heroes 《神雕侠侣》 (1983)

Hi, I 'm new here.

I just recent purchased ROCH 83 on DVD (Andy Lau, Idy Chan). I used to watch it as a kid (the vietnamese dubbed version), and now I'm watching it again with english subtitles.

Does anyone know name of the actress who plays Luk Mo Seung, the limp girl who fell in love with Yeung Gor? I tried looking on IMDB and Google and turned up nothing.
    Last edited by triumph2004; 12-19-08 at 03:18 AM.

I think her name is Chan *** Sung. She also starred in DGSD 82.

Her name is 陳復生 or Chan Fau Sang

Source: http://china.sina.com.tw/ent/v/h/200...211079005.html

What is she doing now? I haven't seen her on TV for a long time.

Her English name is Kate/Katie Chan *** Sang. I heard that she has been married to a rich guy for many years and has 2 kids. She doesn't really need to do much now, so she just does charity work.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Default The "Classic ROCH 1983"-TVB (Staring Idy Chan, Andy Lau,..)

The "Classic ROCH 1983"-TVB (Staring Idy Chan, Andy Lau,..)

I looked around in the TVB series section and there was no thread of "The Classic ROCH'83-TVB. So I started one.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f351/karoneprincess/83Wall6.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f351/karoneprincess/83Wall4.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f351/karoneprincess/83Wall9.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j295/thandieudaihiep83/17.gif')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/happyday673/83.jpg') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/happyday673/AS22.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/happyday673/Banner4s.jpg')

No one beats their acting skills. The 2 leads, Idy Chan and Andy Lau acted extremely excellent. Andy Lau protrayed YG very well, he acts from the mischief YG to the mature YG without overly acting. Idy Chan acted XLN very fabalus. She's a very talented actress. Andy Lau secretly loves Idy during ROCH filming at that time and he's still loves her even until now. Although this ROCH'83 version is not stay close to the novel much but Andy and Idy acted the love between YG and XLN is exactly in the novel. The mood of their love is very exactly in the book. Their chemistry are fantastic. ROCH'83-TVB is the 1st BEST, then ROCH'95-TVB is the 2nd BEST. Both versions produced by TVB-Hong Kong.
    Last edited by lightanddark; 09-22-06 at 12:46 PM.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/227/odpj8bxxoqijdkwfjwwwak5ns.jpg')