Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Smiling Proud Wanderer Chapter 29 onwards

And here we go again.. LHC suddenly forgetting his promise to RYY and getting lovesick all over again. Heck even Yi Lin is 10 times better than that YLS. Get over it, LHC!

Thanks both to you Pokit and hhaung,really appreciate your hard work
    wow what are nice piece of story

is not this yilin also loves LHC
    I hope he marries both Yilin and the Ren girl
    afterall i think in China , man can have more than one wife?
    hope the no readers here get mad at me for saying so
    as i would agree too if a woman wants to have 2 husbands as long as both man agree
    :=)
    what u think

thanks pokit and HH

yeah i dont get why LHC loves YLS
    then again, i dont get why YLS loves LPZ either

Quote Originally Posted by marktio
    is not this yilin also loves LHC
    I hope he marries both Yilin and the Ren girl
    afterall i think in China , man can have more than one wife?
    hope the no readers here get mad at me for saying so
    as i would agree too if a woman wants to have 2 husbands as long as both man agree
    what u think
    IMO, if Linghu Chong marries both Yingying and Yilin, SP Wanderer will become the worst wuxia novel ever in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anekim
    yeah i dont get why LHC loves YLS
    then again, i dont get why YLS loves LPZ either
    Linghu Chong loves YLS because he's stupid and Yue Lingshan loves Lin Pingzhi since he's a better man than Linghu Chong, at least up to this time.
    Yang Guo & Zhou Botong said in Chapters 6, 11 & 25 of ROCH:
    - 这道姑也算得美了,只是还不及桃花岛郭伯母,更加不及我姑姑。
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。
    - 龙姑娘,我瞧你品貌才智,和那小黄蓉不相上下,武功也跟她差不离。

LHC is loyal and after all Yue girl is his first love, it is hard to forget this but even though his heart is torn, I don't think he will break or forget his promise to RYY.

YBQ is indeed very evil! How can he do these things? How rude!

I agree with the part that Yue Lingshan loves Lin Pengzhi because she thinks he is better than LingHu Chong coz she left LHC when LP came and also at that time LHC was punished for his carefree attitude like going to a brothel and sharing with the same bed with two girls. Girls like YLN want to have the best that is there. And if i am not mistaken she wil regret marrying LP when she finds out the truth.

And about LHC being stupid, i don't think so because according to me if there is a reason for loving somebody than that love is superficial and it will disappear the moment the reason goes like if u love a girl because she's beautiful then when she isn't beautiful anymore ur love will not be the same.

Well this is my view, i don't know about others.

Thanks hhuang and pokit for posting everyday, waiting for the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by Yang Chong
    I agree with the part that Yue Lingshan loves Lin Pengzhi because she thinks he is better than LingHu Chong coz she left LHC when LP came and also at that time LHC was punished for his carefree attitude like going to a brothel and sharing with the same bed with two girls. Girls like YLN want to have the best that is there. And if i am not mistaken she wil regret marrying LP when she finds out the truth.
    I doubt it. YLS only treats LHC as a brother, but she really likes LPZ. I mean, she has already began to show way too much interest in LPZ when LHC was being punished on Huashan, and that was before all the injustice really strikes. She knew he was innocent; she simply doesn't like his style. On the contrary, she admires the way LPZ screw up in concentration and was in total seriousness every moment. I guess she saw her father's gentlemanly personality in him (well, she doesn't know about how evil her father could be); the man she respected and dare not defy, not simply because he is her father.

Quote Originally Posted by Huang Rong
    Linghu Chong loves YLS because he's stupid
    Of course not. She is his first love. His liking for her has been so deeply ingrained in his heart it isn't easy to remove; they were childhood playmates for many many years. I would say there is something wrong if he gave up on her so easily.

I agree, thanks for showing me the insight.

Men really are fools taking kindness for love and love for kindness and that includes me too

Yilin sorrowfully replied, "I see you so heartbroken... Big Brother Linghu, if you want to cry, then... then cry it all out."

Linghu Chong laughed loudly. "Why would I cry? Linghu Chong is an incompetent loafer, and even my master and master-wife despise me and they even expelled me from their school. Little martial sister, how could... how could... Haha, haha!" After he laughed, he ran away on the road towards the mountain. With his running speed, he ran twenty li quickly and arrived at a wild place. When he felt that there was no one nearby, he couldn't suppress his emotion anymore, so he threw himself to the ground and cried loudly. After crying for some time, he felt his heart getting a bit better. He thought, "If I go back now, both of my eyes would be red. If Yihe and the others see this, they'll laugh at me. It's better if I just go back at night then." But he again thought, "If I don't return for a long time, then they would definitely get worried. When a gentleman wants to cry then he cries, when he wants to laugh then he laughs. The whole world knows that Linghu Chong loves Yue Lingshan. She already abandoned me like she was throwing out worn shoes. If I don't grieve over this, then my feeling was fake."

He immediately ran back to the ruined temple in that city. Yihe, Yiqing, and the other disciples were scattered around the temple searching for him. When they saw him coming back, they were all happy. They had already prepared food and wine on top of the table. Linghu Chong drank himself drunk and slept on the table.

A few days later, they arrived at the foot of Mount Songshan with two days to spare for the meeting. On the morning of the fifteenth of the third month, Linghu Chong led the disciples to make their way up the mountain. Halfway up the mountain, four Songshan disciples met them and very respectfully saluted them. They said, "Songshan's lowly disciples respectfully welcome Heng-Shan School honourable Headmaster Linghu. My humble school's Headmaster Zuo is respectfully waiting on top of the mountain." They also said, "Taishan, Hengshan, and Huashan Schools' martial uncles and martial brothers have all arrived yesterday. Songshan School feels very honoured that Headmaster Linghu and martial sisters have come here."

As Linghu Chong kept on going up the mountain, he noticed that the mountain road had been swept clean, and every few li along the way, a few disciples of Songshan had prepared tea and light refreshments to welcome the guests. Songshan School had really prepared everything meticulously, but from this, it could be seen that Zuo Lengchan really must have the headmaster position of the Five Mountains School and would not allow anyone to hinder him.

As they continued on their journey up the mountain, some more Songshan School's disciples met them to lead their way up the mountain. They said, "Kunlun, Emei, Kongtong, and Qingcheng Schools' headmasters and seniors are coming to Songshan today to participate in the election of the headmaster of the Five Mountains School. Everybody from Kunlun and Qingcheng Schools has all arrived. Headmaster Linghu came just in time, everyone's waiting for your honourable self on top of the mountain." There was a hint of arrogance on their faces, and from the way they spoke, it was obvious that they believed that this headmaster position of the Five Mountains School was secured in the hand of their Songshan School's headmaster.

When they went further up, they suddenly heard a thunderous sound of water. They saw from the top of the cliff two jade dragons hanging down as the two waterfalls poured out and flew out leisurely off the cliff. Everyone was on the side of the waterfall looking up towards the peak. The Songshan School's disciple leading them said, "This is called the View Victory Peak. Headmaster Linghu, what do you think of it compared to the places in Mount Heng-Shan?"

Linghu Chong replied, "Mount Heng-Shan is elegant where as Mount Songshan is grand. Both sceneries are very good."

That person said, "Songshan is placed in the middle of the world during the Tang Dynasty, and they're originally the leader of all the mountains in the realm. Headmaster Linghu, please have a look, with this atmosphere, no wonder that all the emperors from the previous dynasties founded their capitals on the foothill of Mount Songshan." The actual meaning of these words seemed to be that since Mount Songshan was the leader of all the mountains, then Songshan School ought to be the leader of all the other schools.

Linghu Chong smilingly said, "I didn't know that any of the heroes in Jianghu are connected to the government and the emperor. Does Headmaster Zuo often make friends with the government officials?" That person's face turned red and stopped saying anything.

As they kept going up the mountain, the road was becoming more and more dangerous. The Songshan School disciples leading them pointed to a few places and said, "This is the Green Ridge Peak and Green Ridge Plain. This is the Big Iron Bridge Gorge and that's the Little Iron Bridge Gorge." On the right of the Iron Bridge Gorge was a strange stone and on its left was the Ten Thousand Deep Gully, which bottom you couldn't see. A Songshan disciple picked up a piece of big rock and threw it down the gully. The sound of the big rock hitting the side of the gully was like a thunder in the beginning, but as it dropped down the gully, the sound gradually got lighter and lighter until it disappeared.

Yihe said, "May I ask martial brother something? Today, how many people are coming to Songshan?"

That man said, "There are at least two thousand people."

Yihe said, "If you throw down a big rock for every person who comes up the mountain, then after some time, this mountain valley would be filled by your Songshan School." That person just snorted and didn't answer her back.

I guess this is the big day for Songshan

I was wonder which would be chaotic chief ZLC and head of the five mountain school, LHC or YBQ?

In any outcome hope there would be a fight might that be skills or wits both are anticipated and would certainly be a good one

Thanks pokit and HH

Great to see ppl are enjoying the translation =)

I want to say something about LHC's lovelife. It seems to me that he still loves YLS but at times he can forget about her when he's with Yingying. One example of this is at the end of chapter 31, he completely forgot about YLS and seemed to only have heart for Yingying. But every time he hears about or sees YLS, he suddenly remembers again about his love for her.

It does show that LHC is still conflicted on what his heart actually wants, but this gets annoying especially when the story of LHC's lovesickness towards YLS has been going on since the early chapters! I think it started in chapter 10.

he love YLS but "think he should love" RYY : he don't have real love for her. but the news of wedding must be the cold shower he needed. he cryed for good, now he can get over it and finally love someone else.

I agree with you, pokit. It's fine and good to remain faithful to your feeling. I too know what it feels like to be like LHC. But we should also look at it from RYY's point of view.

I could sympathize with that guy in Linked Cities (even though his shimei was not much brighter than YLS). Well at least it was clear that his shimei loved him deeply despite her situation and he always made it clear to the other girl (who played Ying2 role there) that there was only his shimei in his heart.

Now that's more like it heh.

In any case, I suppose that's the good thing about Jin Yong's heroes. They have weaknesses that we sometimes couldn't stand. In LHC's case, he is just a sentimental guy who is easily touched.

Cry, cry, cry, OMG, I can't believe that Linghu Chong *cried loudly* just for his unworthy fancy woman having married another man.
    I understand that it's hard for him to forget Yue Lingshan but this mushy scene really annoyed me.
    I hate man who cries.
    Can any man here confirm for me that a man doesn't cry for any reason?
    Last edited by Huang Rong; 01-17-07 at 10:47 PM.
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。

Sorry to disappointed you, but unfortunately there are men out there who cries for one reason or another. Mostly to gain sympathy and .... you get the picture.

Great translation by the way. Can't wait for more. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by wanderingprince
    ... unfortunately there are men out there who cries for one reason or another. Mostly to gain sympathy and .... you get the picture. ...
    Wow, this is a very controversial claim. If there is any truth in this, it could very well applies to girls too!

Cry, cry, cry, OMG, I can't believe that Linghu Chong *cried loudly* just for his unworthy fancy woman having married another man.
    Unfortunately, love -- a myriad of *emotions and feelings* -- doesn't equate to just *worth*.

In the present generation, quite a number of people evaluate their lovers, yes. But not in LHC's case. He knows that in terms of sacrifice and reciprocal love, RYY way far far surpasses YLS. He is not stupid, furthermore it doesn't take a genius to figure that out either. Still, you don't discard your old for a new one simply because "she really loves me and my old one doesn't". Maybe you *should*, but it's hard.

I understand that it's hard for him to forget Yue Lingshan but this mushy scene really annoyed me.
    Possibly annoying, but certainly not illogical and idiotic on LHC's part.

I hate man who cries.
    The consensus is men shouldn't cry for any reason. The fact is, they shouldn't cry too easily. But, as humans, they are easily susceptible to emotions, and in LHC's case, this was real harsh -- too harsh for him to handle without breaking down.

Unless this crying man is the Yin LiTing in HSDS2003 who breaks down for every reason in the world, you are seriously wrong.

Men are humans, please. Tough they should be, but crying is a (genuine) display of emotion, not a display of weakness. If they are crying because someone else ate their pudding, they are weak (Heck even girls are weak in this case).

Unfortunately for you, there are few men who can meet your criteria. So long as humans have emotions, they cry. It only depends how much they can take it. Tough nuts like XF have good reasons to cry too.

Quote Originally Posted by shini_chan
    But we should also look at it from RYY's point of view.
    We must sympathise with RYY, yes. But LHC is not obliged to love her simply becacause she sacrificed too much for him. Otherwise, that would be responsibility. Of course, LHC does love RYY too.

And thank you translators for your hard work. You guys aren't only fast, you are also very conscientious and did justice to the original story. Keep it up!
    Last edited by Pacifian; 01-18-07 at 06:14 AM.

Thank you so much Pokit

To me LHC's crying scene is not annoying, crying makes heart lighter.

I hate man who cries.

Crying is just a method to disperse to ur emotions it cannot be used to distinguish men ane women ,that women should cry and men should'nt. I would like to ask u that are'nt men humans ,dont they have emotions ?

According to me every person who has a heart will cry sometime or the other in his life either for joy or for sorrow .And those who dont cry are not true to themselves ,afraid of revealing their feellings even to themselves .Remember that a person can lie to everybody but not himself .

As far as ur claim that u hate men who cry then u probably u not find a man whom u would not hate.

If was in LHC's I would have certainly done the same thing ,u should also acknowlidgr the fact that he did not cry in front of Yilin and also after he had emptied his heart out with tears he was not afraid to show others that he had been crying and back to the nuns with his eyes still red .

A true man is one who is able to acknowledge his feelings whether it is sorrow or joy whether in alone or infront of thousands of people.

Lin Xian Er suits u better then Huang Rong.

Thanks Hhuang and Pokit for the translation and as Pacifician mentioned thanks for the pace of the story too ,updating daily .

Well, Pacifian, I agree with you that not crying for any reason is impossible, but crying *just* because of losing a lover is too flaccid.
    Xiao Feng is not in the same league with Linghu Chong, he's a true hero with manly character, I admire him. The bitterness he suffered is 10 times as much as Linghu Chong's. Xiao Feng wrongly killed his beloved one by his own hands. Besides, he lost everything: parents, shifu, honour, love so only by crying could he lighten his pangs whereas Linghu Chong cried just because Yue Lingshan married Lin Pingzhi. What did he lose? Just a girl who didn't love and have faith in him. As I recall corectly, he had broken in tears several times before in the novel.
    I do NOT think *many* of men would break in tears when their lovers sever with them like what Linghu Chong did.
    I find Linghu Chong resembles some sissy guys in some Korean films.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yang Chong
    Lin Xian Er suits u better then Huang Rong.
    Well, thanks for the good idea, though Huang Rong is not less beautiful than Lin Xian Er, having the mind of Huang Rong and the beauty of Lin Xian Er would not be bad at all.
    Last edited by Huang Rong; 01-18-07 at 12:29 PM.
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。