Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Smiling Proud Wanderer Chapter 29 onwards

There we go, YBQ finally reveals a good reason to revile him.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse
    There we go, YBQ finally reveals a good reason to revile him.
    uhh... u mean another good reason. There have been several good reasons in the past to revile him.

In addition to the speed factor, the use of the needle might also be a tactic designed to counter people with strong/odd internal power. When RWX was fighting with DFBB he had found it impossible to drain internal power through the needle. I suspect ZLC's ice energy might be similarly inhibited whereas he might be able to transmit it across a larger weapon like a sword.
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

Thank you to hhaung and pokit for the large and quick updates!

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriouX
    uhh... u mean another good reason. There have been several good reasons in the past to revile him.
    Revile is a far stronger than distrust and dislike. I don't take things for face value so if I were a first time reader, I would immediately notice the OBVIOUS hints to YBQ's character and start wondering if they're red herrings.

It is this point here that YBQ actually did something despicable without any smoke screens to the READER. We'll see if there's any of that for the characters of the novel (besides RYY and LHC who, like us, have extra knowledge of what's going on).

That said, I can't imagine the high level fighters (FZ, CX, XF) not noticing the poisoning.

The scene where ZLC powerfully slashes his sword through the air to defend himself right after he was blind was great, I felt sorry for him there.

However, the way he kills his own two disciples in a fit of rage kinda dispelled any sympathy anyone (including the people in the story who witnessed the fight) could have for him.

Even before he killed the disciples I thought to myself, wow I wouldn't want to be the one to try to bring him back and cheer him up, that sounded like a dangerous task.

Thanks Hhaung and pokit!

Hm... LHC finally starts having soooome sense of dislike and disillusionment towards YBQ... And yeah.. why do both Evil-Resisting Sword and Sunflower manual practitioners use needles?...

Quote Originally Posted by Wellesley
    The scene where ZLC powerfully slashes his sword through the air to defend himself right after he was blind was great, I felt sorry for him there.

However, the way he kills his own two disciples in a fit of rage kinda dispelled any sympathy anyone (including the people in the story who witnessed the fight) could have for him.

Even before he killed the disciples I thought to myself, wow I wouldn't want to be the one to try to bring him back and cheer him up, that sounded like a dangerous task.
    The fact that he actually kills his own disciples makes it more tragic imho. Sort of lke a mad old king at the end of his life.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by wolfe
    Thanks Hhaung and pokit!

Hm... LHC finally starts having soooome sense of dislike and disillusionment towards YBQ... And yeah.. why do both Evil-Resisting Sword and Sunflower manual practitioners use needles?...
    They don't specifically use needles in fights. Dongfang Bubai used needles because he was doing embroidery when Ren Woxing and gang shown up. Yue Buqun used needles in an attempt to poison Zuo Lengchan unaware.

Ah... that explains it... ^^" I guess YBQ would be able to use a sword too... since its the Evil-Resisting-SWORD... Wonder if LP learned it too?

Well, I just feel bad for Mrs Yue now that YBQ has learnt the Evil-Resisting Sword Art, know what I mean?

Default thank you

hi pokit and hhaung

thank you for the update
    that was such an exciting piece of reading
    just wonder how can YBQ learn so quick the needle martail art
    and is he not supposed to fight using hua san art?
    what a lowlife. and he also used the posison needle?
    such a shameful low creature

anyhow hope you have recovered hh and do take care

Smile

Thanks everyone for your well wishes about my health! I'm glad I was able to edit a huge chunk so quickly. :-) Enjoy the rest of the chapter in Pokit's next post.

the end of chapter 34.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few disciples of Songshan School rushed forward and called out, "Master, we'll go together and chop up everyone from Huashan School."

Zuo Lengchan said in a clear voice, "Gentleman's words must be believed! It's already said it's a sword fight to take the leadership, and it will only depend on martial art to gain victory. Mr. Yue's martial art has gained him victory from me so everyone must now accept him as headmaster. How can you have thoughts of dissent?" When his eyes were first blinded, he was startled and angry, and couldn't help hurling abuses. But after he calmed down a bit, he regained the aura of a master and was very firm, resembling a grand hero. The entire crowd really admired him for this. Otherwise, with countless number of Songshan School's disciples here and their many helpers, along with the advantage they held here, if they actually fought with Huashan School's people, no matter how high Yue Buqun's martial art was, it would still be very hard to match the strength of Songshan School. Among the people who had come to Mount Songshan to mingle with the five mountains sword schools, many of them were there to curry favour with people higher than them. So when they heard what Zuo Lengchan said, they immediately cheered, "Let Mr. Yue be the Five Mountains School's headmaster. Let Mr. Yue be the Five Mountains School's headmaster!" The disciples of Huashan School exclaimed even louder. Actually, this outcome was really outside their expectations, and the disciples of Huashan School could hardly believe that this had happened.

Yue Buqun walked to the edge of the place of worship and folded his hands in salute. "When Brother Zuo and I were comparing our skills, we originally weren't going to hurt each other. But Martial Brother Zuo's martial art was just too high and he shook out the long sword out of my hand. So in desperation, I was just trying to protect myself and lost my discretion and resulted in harming Martial Brother Zuo's eyes. My heart feels very uneasy about this. Let's look for a good doctor to treat Martial Brother Zuo."

Someone below said, "The blade has no eyes. How can it prevent injuries?"

Another person said, "You didn't keep going and kill him. That's very righteous."

"I don't deserve it!" Yue Buqun humbly replied. He was still cupping his hand in salute without talking, and he also didn't have any intention of going down the place of worship.

Someone below shouted, "Whoever wants to become the Five Mountains School's headmaster, go up and fight."

Another person said, "Anyone with too bright of eyes, go up and ask Mr. Yue to dig it out. That will be alright."

Hundreds of people called out in unison, "Mr. Yue be the Five Mountains School's headmaster, Mr. Yue be the Five Mountains School's headmaster!"

Yue Buqun waited for the clamour to calm down slightly before saying in a clear voice, "Since it's everyone's wish, I don't dare to decline. Today is the inauguration of the Five Mountains School so there's no set rules yet. I'll just follow the existing hierarchy. The matters in Hengshan, I'd like to ask Mr. Mo Da to preside over them. The affairs in Heng-Shan will still be managed by Brother Linghu Chong. The matters of Taishan, I'd like to ask Priest Yuqing and Priest Yuyin to get together with one of the foundation disciple of Martial Brother Tianmen to preside over the school. For the affairs of Songshan School, Martial Brother Zuo's eyes are an inconvenience, but it must be considered..." Yue Buqun paused for a while as his eyes ranged over the cluster of Songshan School's people. Then he slowly said, "In my opinion, I'd like to ask Martial Brother Tang Yinge and Martial Brother Lu Bai to preside over the daily matters of Songshan together with Martial Brother Zuo for the time being.”

This was really beyond Lu Bai’s expectation, and he stammered, “This... This...” The people of Songshan School along with the people from the other schools were surprised to hear this.

Tang Yinge had been Zuo Lengchan's second-in-command for a long time so it was expected. But Lu Bai had just made things difficult for Yue Buqun by coldly ridiculing and hotly satirising him. He never expected Yue Buqun to forget all he did and appoint him to be one of the people to preside over Songshan School’s affairs. The disciples of Songshan School were originally furious over the blinding of Zuo Lengchan’s eyes, and many of them wished for an opportunity to arise to repay him in kind. But hearing Yue Buqun sending Tang Yinge, Lu Bai, and Zuo Lengchan to preside over Songshan’s matters just as it were in its original state, they felt that Yue Buqun was not imposing his will on them by force and their anger somewhat cooled.

Yue Buqun said, “Today, our five mountains sword schools have merged. If we don’t get along well, then this merger of the five schools will just be in words and will only be an empty name. From today onwards, everyone is in the same school and must get along well with each other. I have no virtue and no ability, and only temporarily hold the headmaster position of the Five Mountains School. So I must discuss with all the brothers here on all sorts of things. I don’t dare to do it on my own. It’s already night now and everyone is exhausted. Let us all go to Songshan’s courtyard to rest, drink wine, and have some meals!” The crowd cheered and one by one went down from the mountaintop.

As Yue Buqun descended from the place of worship, Great Master Fangzheng, Priest Chongxu, and the other masters came over to congratulate him. Fangzheng and Chongxu were originally worried that once Zuo Lengchan had merged the five schools, his wild ambition would continue and he would want to annex Shaolin and Wudang, and brought disaster upon Wulin. Everyone knew Yue Buqun was a modest gentleman, so they were relieved that he was wielding the power of the merged schools and their congratulations to him were sincere.

Great Master Fangzheng whispered, “Mr. Yue, at this moment, the intentions of the disciples of Songshan School are unpredictable and they’re not favourable towards Shizhu. As the saying goes, we must not harbour ill intention towards other people, but we must guard ourselves. Shizu must be careful while you’re on Mount Songshan.”

“Yes, thank you for Great Master Abbot’s advice,” Yue Buqun replied.

“Mount Shaoshi is just a doorstep away from here, and it’s very easy to answer to your call,” Fangzheng said.

Yue Buqun saluted deeply by cupping his hands and said, “I’ll remember Great Master’s kind intention with gratitude.” Then he spoke a few words with Priest Chongxu and Beggar Clan’s leader Xie, before quickly going over to Linghu Chong and asking, “Chong’er, is your wound alright?”

Since the moment he expelled Linghu Chong from Huashan, this was the first time he had called him ‘Chong’er’ in such a pleased and warm manner. But Linghu Chong’s heart was cold and he tremblingly said, “It’s... It’s not serious.”

“Why don’t you come back to Huashan with me to take care of your injury and get together with your Master-Wife again?” Yue Buqun asked. If Yue Buqun had asked this a few hours earlier, Linghu Chong would’ve been madly happy and would have agreed immediately. But now, he hesitated and was rather quite afraid to go up Huashan.

“So?” Yue Buqun asked.

“Heng-Shan School has good medicine, once disciple... disciple’s injury is better, I’ll come and visit Master and Master-Wife,” Linghu Chong answered.

Yue Buqun turned his head slightly and gazed at his face, looking like he wanted to discover his real intention. After some time, he said, “That’s also good! Set your mind at ease and take care of your injury. I hope you can visit Huashan soon.”

“Yes!” Linghu Chong responded as he struggled to stand up to give his propriety.

Yue Buqun extended his hand to hold Linghu Chong’s right hand and warmly said, “There’s no need!” Linghu Chong contracted his body away from Yue Buqun's hand while his face couldn’t help showing his fear. Yue Buqun snorted and scowled angrily, but then immediately smiled and sighed, “Your little martial sister is still like before. She still doesn’t know how soft or hard to be when she attacks. Luckily you didn’t get stabbed on your fatal acupoint!” He then nodded towards Yihe and Yiqing, who were the two most senior disciples, and slowly turned around. He walked towards a group of hundreds of people waiting for him. As he neared, those people surrounded him and praised his high martial art, his righteousness, and his appropriate handling of the matters. Crowding around him and flattering him continuously, they all went down from the mountaintop.

Linghu Chong kept an eye on the back of his master’s body until he disappeared from his view. The people from each school had also gone down from the mountaintop. Suddenly, he heard a female voice at his back uttered, “Hypocrite!” Linghu Chong faltered as his wound pained sharply and this word ‘Hypocrite’ was like a big hammer pounding on his chest. All of a sudden, he felt he couldn’t draw his breath anymore.

End of Chapter 34

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

but both ZLC and YBQ used the same swordart at a time, and the art was starnge. it wasn't something from the wall or ZLC would not have known it and LHC should have recognised it. but it seems it was some sort of trick. YBQ suddenly changed to the moves from the sunflower manual and ZLC seemed to be shocked at it. it seems that YBQ blinded ZLC right just a few moves after he lost his sword, as if he inteended to lose his sword to make ZLC drop his guard. you almost want to pity ZLC, all his ambitions have ended today.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

yea, i was really curious about that part - what is this sword art that they both know? and was YBQ really worse at it than ZLC? very strange.

Thanks for the translation!

Um.... I'm guessing the people on the mountain don't know YBQ used poison?... >>" Aiya... poor LHC going to get a scolding now... =p

Hmm, looks like the sudden strange movements that YBQ suddenly used weren't noticed by anyone other than RYY and LHC?

I suppose it's possible but it seems rather odd that the higher level martial artists don't find it the scenario at least a little bit odd.

And YBQ is really smooth isn't he? Definitely want to wring his neck.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse
    Hmm, looks like the sudden strange movements that YBQ suddenly used weren't noticed by anyone other than RYY and LHC?

I suppose it's possible but it seems rather odd that the higher level martial artists don't find it the scenario at least a little bit odd.

And YBQ is really smooth isn't he? Definitely want to wring his neck.
    No one else present has seen DFBB using Kui Hua Bao Dian so even if they found it strange, they would have no idea what it was. They might think its part of the strange arts YLS demonstrated.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

YLS's arts still showed the essence of the school she said she was going to demonstrate. YBQ's movements are rather different from Huashan's.

But that is an acceptable explanation if everyone thought that YBQ was a decent chap. And they certainly wouldn't know where it came from as you said.