Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: Smiling Proud Wanderer Chapter 29 onwards

Senior Member Demonic Swordsman's Avatar

since everyone thinks he's a gentleman and all, nobody would suspect him for using weird moves. especially since they've never seen them before
    "The most happy marriage I can picture or imagine would be union of a deaf man to a blind woman."

I think some of the elder artists would suspect something is wrong but they won't know what it is. The other question is what can they do? I think after the mob saw YBQ's martial art, they will be screaming.

Why is YBQ suddenly so nice to LHC and invite him to visit Huashan?? Wonder what this evil man is planning.

It's nice to see LHC finally seeing YBQ for what the man really is. From total worship to total disgust! LHC is a little afraid of him too.

And he should be afraid, I think a man who could disguise his desires so efficiently deserves to be frightened. This is the sort of evil which is most dangerous, in disguise.

I loved the fight scene and I think this is one of JY's best (from the ones I have read).

And finally LHC sees the true face of the man who he considers a surrogate father and master. It must be terrible for him emotionally - and also I like the way how conflicted his heart is. He still loves YLS and enough to get hurt just to see her smile but he is an honourable man so he feels bad to make YY and Yi Lin worry over just for that. Loving someone sometimes forces you inadverdently hurt the people who love you and it doesn't feel good. JY captures it so well. Master writer that he is.

thank you so much pokit and hh

thanks for the update...interesting to see what lhc does about this turn of events..
    "The most happy marriage I can picture or imagine would be union of a deaf man to a blind woman."

You're all welcome.

Here's a new chapter. It's just as exciting as the last two chapters with lots of action.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 35 Vengeance
    (Translated by: Pokit; Edited by: Hhaung)

The sky gradually got darker, and finally there was no one else around the place of worship besides the Heng-Shan School people. "Martial Brother Headmaster, are we also going down?" Yihe questioned. She was still calling Linghu Chong as 'Martial Brother Headmaster', which meant that she did not acknowledge the merging of the five schools nor accept Yue Buqun to be their headmaster.

"We'll stay here for the night, is that alright?" Linghu Chong felt the further away he was from Yue Buqun, the better it was. Also, he did not wish to see Yue Buqun's face again at the Songshan's courtyard.

When he said this, the female disciples of the Heng-Shan School cheered happily. They all actually felt the same thing, and no one wished to go down. Back in Fuzhou, they had asked Huashan School to help their martial elders who were in trouble. But in spite of the motto 'Five mountains sword schools, same root different branches', Yue Buqun flatly refused to help them. Heng-Shan School's disciples had always kept this matter in their hearts. At the moment, everyone was still feeling angry that Linghu Chong had gotten injured by Yue Lingshan. So from the combination of all these together, they all refused to accept the fact that Yue Buqun had snatched the leadership of the Five Mountains School. Thus, staying by the place of the worship for the night was agreeable to them.

"Martial Brother Headmaster can't move too much, so staying here is best,” Yiqing said agreeing with Linghu Chong. “But, this big brother..." As she said this, she glanced toward Yingying.

"This isn't a big brother,” Linghu Chong laughed. “She's young lady Ren."

Yingying had been supporting Linghu Chong all this time, but when she heard him divulging her identity, she became bashful and quickly stood up to flee for a few steps. Linghu Chong wasn't guarding against this so his body tipped backwards. Yilin, who was standing besides him, quickly extended her hand to hold his left shoulder and called out, "Careful!"

Yihe, Yiqing, and the others all knew Yingying and Linghu Chong had a deep love for each other. One of them was willing to risk her life at Shaolin temple because of love, while the other led a group of Jianghu heroes to attack Shaolin temple because of her. When Linghu Chong became the headmaster of the Heng-Shan School, this young lady Ren came personally to congratulate him and she also defeated the scheming of the Devil Sect. It could be said she had done a big favour for Heng-Shan School. When they heard this big bearded man in front of them was young lady Ren, mixed feelings of happiness and surprise rose up. The disciples of Heng-Shan School had long regarded this young lady Ren to be their future Headmaster-Wife, so when they saw her, they felt very intimate towards her.

After Yihe and some of the other disciples took care of provisions such as clear water and meals, they lay down besides the place of worship. Because of his serious injury, Linghu Chong also felt sleepy and exhausted, so he fell into a deep sleep in a short time.

In the middle of the night, from somewhere far away, they suddenly heard a female voice shouting, "Who's there?"

Even though Linghu Chong was heavily injured, his internal energy was still abundant. When he heard this, he promptly woke up and knew it was a Heng-Shan School disciple guarding the perimeter asking someone who was coming up the peak. He heard someone answered, "I'm a disciple from the same Five Mountains School. I'm Headmaster Yue's disciple, Lin Pingzhi."

"Why did you come here in the middle of the night?" the Heng-Shan School disciple who was on night watch duty inquired.

"I have an appointment underneath the place of worship,” Lin Pingzhi answered. “I didn't know martial sisters are resting here. Sorry for the offence." His speech was very polite.

"Little kid surnamed Lin, you're trying to win by number concealing your Five Mountains School's friends here,” an elder's voice came from the west. “Are you trying to give me trouble?"

Linghu Chong recognised the voice to be Qingcheng School's headmaster, Yu Canghai. He was startled and thought, "Martial brother Lin has an enmity with Yu Canghai for killing his parents. This appointment must be for repaying his blood debt."

"I didn't know the martial sisters from Heng-Shan are resting here,” Lin Pingzhi replied. “Let's find someplace else to settle our business so we don't bother their dreams."

"So we don't bother their dreams? Hey, hey, you've already disturbed them, but you're trying to be the nice guy now. Like father-in-law, like son-in-law. What do you have to say? Quickly say it now so we can all go back to sleep peacefully," Yu Canghai laughed loudly.

"I don't think that you'll be able to sleep peacefully ever again,” Lin Pingzhi coldly said. “When your Qingcheng School came to Mount Songshan, you brought thirty four people with you. I made an appointment with you only, how come three came?"

Yu Canghai looked up and laughed loudly. "Who do you think you are? Do you think you're worthy to talk to me like that? Your father-in-law is the new headmaster of the Five Mountains School, so I came here to listen to what you have to say just so to give face to him. What do you want to fart about? Let's hear it. If you want to fight then draw your sword and let me see your Lin family's Evil Resisting Sword Art. Let’s see how much you've improved."

ooo time to see the evil resisting sword art in action again....bet everyone will be suprised

Thanks pokit and hhuang.

Oohh.. I am not going to be surprise if it looks something like what YBQ's martial art.

Thanks pokit and hhaung!
    o.O" I predict Yu Canghai gets owned! Part of me wants to see that happen.. but then.. that would mean LP learned the evil skill.... =.=" sigh

wow, the story is getting very interesting, the big fight for the headmaster position has just ended and another fight is coming up. Great!

Oh...finally we get to see LPZ in action and maybe even displaying the Evil Sword skills. Wonder how many moves it will take him to beat up Yu Canghai. Can't wait for the battle to begin.

LPZ taking revenge against Yu Canghai is my favourite part of the entire story.

I dislike Lin Ping Zhi very much.

I'm not a fan of Linghu Chong, but right now I pretty much can't stand anyone from Huashan school except for Yue Buqun's wife (whose name escapes me right now).

Up till this point, Lin Pingzhi has not done anything wrong. In fact, in the first parts of the book, his character is quite pitiful yet honourable.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    Up till this point, Lin Pingzhi has not done anything wrong. In fact, in the first parts of the book, his character is quite pitiful yet honourable.
    You kidding? He jacked the main protagonist's girl.

That is AUTODAMNATION, baby!

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing
    You kidding? He jacked the main protagonist's girl.

That is AUTODAMNATION, baby!
    Yes, but he didn't really know she was LHC's. Her feelings changed to his naturally from the circumstances they were put in. If LHC had still been around, it wouldn't have happened, but that was part of the punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by disrupt
    Yes, but he didn't really know she was LHC's. Her feelings changed to his naturally from the circumstances they were put in. If LHC had still been around, it wouldn't have happened, but that was part of the punishment.
    Doesn't matter. Jacking the main protagonist's girl is always, always ample grounds for autodamnation by the fans, no matter WHAT the excuse, except very possibly after the protagonist himself has dumped her or treated her terribly. Not before!

I'm not a fan of Linghu Chong,
    This is interesting since as I read I think that his character is most similar to mine, in any of the martial art novels I have read. I feel like I can understand how he feels and why he acts the way he does.

Of course this doesn't mean that he is my favorite character (that honour goes to Guo Jing) but still he is the one that is most like I.

I hope LPZ wins!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing
    Doesn't matter. Jacking the main protagonist's girl is always, always ample grounds for autodamnation by the fans, no matter WHAT the excuse, except very possibly after the protagonist himself has dumped her or treated her terribly. Not before!
    I'm not a big fan of LPZ but I don't think he jacked LHC's girl. If YLS really loved LHC, then no matter what LPZ did she would still be LHC's girl. But in this case, they hung out together and slowly developed feelings for each other. YLS had a change of heart and it's as much her fault as LPZ. Also, why can't a girl has a change of heart before she gets dumped or mistreated by the protagonist?? If the protagonist can do it, so can the girl! Plus, if LPZ & YLS didn't hook up, then RYY would be alone!!!!!

@eliza bennet: Without wanting to offend you I'll ask: Are you that stupid?

It may just be a matter of perspective (we've always known more about everything that happens than the main characters do), but from the very begining I've always thought Linghu Chong made some really stupid decisions motivated by his love and jealousy.

As for everything else, I can easily understand his actions, but whenever Yue Ling Shan and Yue BuQun were involved he was always pretty stupid.

As I said in the begining, I mean not to offend, so I apologize in advance if I was misunderstood.