Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: Smiling Proud Wanderer Chapter 29 onwards

Thanks Pokit for the update.. It is getting so interesting.

You are probably right, it won't be as simple as what I outlined. Knowing LHC, that loyality will be hard to break.

As for everything else, I can easily understand his actions, but whenever Yue Ling Shan and Yue BuQun were involved he was always pretty stupid.
    No offence taken You see I'm very much like LHC in that regard. If I have seen kindness once it is hard for me to forget that and I tend to go blind to the faults of the people who has helped me in the past. I recall very clearly being warned against people whom I liked and respected. Just like we here can see things clearly but LHC can't because he remembers the kindness and the good times. It is not stupidity per se but a blindness of reason. Thank God that only a few people in my life turned out to be that evil.

Hahaaa same thing happens in Harry Potter discussions.
    Start Harry Potter rant:

I completely believe that Snape is a good guy and only killed Dumbledore because Dumbledore sort of asked him to in order to give Harry a chance to beat Voldemort (you see if Snape is outed as Dumbledore's spy the good guys would lose a valuable asset) so I interpret that Dumbledore considered his life less important than erasing Voldemort for good. Since if Snape didn't obey the binding speel he would have lost his life or something (I don't know the consequences but we are hinted that they are horrible)
    But no one I know agrees with that and everyone considers Snape evil and tells me that I tend to forgive and forget the wrongs that have been done to me.

End of Harry Potter rant-

Anyway you see how LHC remembers that LPZ saved his life once? This is the thing he remembers first, not the false accusations, not his lost love etc.
    Actually I don't think he is active jelaous type since YLS's happiness is more important to him - he's rather see her happily holding hands with her husband than making her lonely (available?) by getting rid of the husband.
    Of course his heart pains when he sees her with someone else but this is only human to feel so no?

As for the matters of the heart - I think LHC's situation is very common, we tend to like people who don't like us and not to feel so strongly about people who like us very much. So I understand LHC's heart beating since even though he seems flirtitious he actually is a person with one heart. But Yingying saved him many times and is very loyal to him so he doesn't want to break her heart and actually decided to forget his true love and make her happy (of course there is some chemistry between them - if not I doubt that he would gave her any sort of hope)

Wheeewww, sorry about the long post.

Banned
    where dews kiss the first blush of the morning rose

Default traditonal values

Been reading a lot of frustrations over LHC's behavior. I think that is what a gentleman is all about. Although in the modern value context we call that a fool. There is always the old saying that rather people betray you, you should not betray others, that can explain LHC's thinking and character. Let others do bad things to you, but once you do bad things to others, then you are no better than them. What is the difference between YBQ who is called a gentleman's sword and ZLC? We know ZLC is a crook and LHC knows that as well, but YBQ is hiding under the guise of a gentleman to LHC and that is despicable especially in the light that his respectability is not complemented with integrity. LHC is not stupid, I think what LHC reflects is the old confucian values. I can appreciate that after seeing what my uncles did to my father when I was small and the refusal of my father to accept what we said about them and still supported them. I would consider LHC as a traditional and sentimental fool but that is why he is so real in the book because a lot of us are like that. Ying ying on the other hand is very determined and sure of what she wants and I bet you after they are married, she will wear the pants in the house.

I see a lot of similarities betwen LHC & GL's LXH. Both are misunderstood by (LHC - stealing PXJF & LXH - Plum Flower Bandit) the mass and only being trusted by few. However, despite the bad treatment they get, they still seek to see the good in others, remembering their kindness and forgetting their wrongdoings...

How did LPZ find the evil resisting manuel?? Did YBQ give him a copy??? And yes, he's not too nice to his newly wedded wife YLS. I wonder if she'll ever regret choosing LPZ over LHC. And LHC..sigh....still tongue tied everytime he's around his little martial sister and completely forgot about RYY!!! Gotta give RYY credit for putting up w/ all this crap and not an ounce of jealousy! LHC is sooo lucky to have her.

I wonder what would happen if RYY has other suitors whom she is mildly attracted to. Would LHC appreciate her more up to this point? I believe LHC didn't realize how hurtful to RYY his actions were because he has no reason to be jealous or fear that RYY will leave him.

Ĩ always thought Lin Ping Zhi was a bit gay. I'm sure he's gone 100% gay now

it would be a funny and bizarre twist if he fell in love with lhc or ybq.

Quote Originally Posted by JAJA9
    Been reading a lot of frustrations over LHC's behavior. I think that is what a gentleman is all about. Although in the modern value context we call that a fool. There is always the old saying that rather people betray you, you should not betray others, that can explain LHC's thinking and character. Let others do bad things to you, but once you do bad things to others, then you are no better than them. What is the difference between YBQ who is called a gentleman's sword and ZLC? We know ZLC is a crook and LHC knows that as well, but YBQ is hiding under the guise of a gentleman to LHC and that is despicable especially in the light that his respectability is not complemented with integrity. LHC is not stupid, I think what LHC reflects is the old confucian values. I can appreciate that after seeing what my uncles did to my father when I was small and the refusal of my father to accept what we said about them and still supported them. I would consider LHC as a traditional and sentimental fool but that is why he is so real in the book because a lot of us are like that. Ying ying on the other hand is very determined and sure of what she wants and I bet you after they are married, she will wear the pants in the house.
    JAJA9, I don't agree that RYY will "wear the pants" in the house. I think if you look at her actions in the past, she has been anything but that..

You were talking about traditional values, RYY is exactly that. She is supporting and taking care of the man she loves, without being in the front line. While on the other hand, with YLS, who wants the attention. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodflowers
    Ĩ always thought Lin Ping Zhi was a bit gay. I'm sure he's gone 100% gay now
    Well if Evil-Resisting Sword Manual is similar to Sunflower manual, he will be since he will have to chop it off. ouch!

As for what would happen if RYY has other suitors? I would dare say that she would, I mean, the girl is glorious but RYY is the type that if her eyes is fix on something. There is no changing. :-)

When night fell, they came upon a small town and saw a teahouse shed with lots of people sitting inside. They were all from Qingcheng School and Yu Canghai was also among them. When he saw the disciples of Heng-Shan arriving, his face changed colour and he turned his back towards them. The small town had no other teahouse so the Heng-Shan's people sat down on a rock step on the opposite eaves to rest. Zheng E and Qin Juan went inside the teahouse to get some hot tea for Linghu Chong to drink.

Suddenly, they heard the sound of galloping horses and two horses came over with dust flying behind them. When they arrived in front of the town, the two horses were reined in. There were one male and one female riding the horses; they were Lin Pingzhi and Yue Lingshan.

"Yu Canghai, you know I didn't give permission for you to rest, why don't you run away quickly? Are you waiting for death here?" Lin Pingzhi called out.

Linghu Chong was on the mule-drawn carriage when he heard Lin Pingzhi's voice. He asked, "Martial brother Lin has caught up?"

Qin Juan was sitting inside the carriage waiting for him to drink his tea, she immediately rolled open the curtain on the carriage to let him observe the happenings outside the carriage. Yu Canghai was sitting on a stool sipping a cup of tea in his hand and did not pay attention to Lin Pingzhi. After he had taken another sip, he said, "I'm waiting here to send you to your death."

"Good!" Lin Pingzhi responded. This word 'good' had just been spoken when he had already jumped down his horse, had his sword out, thrust it forward, leapt back on his horse and with a shout rode away with Yue Lingshan. A disciple of Qingcheng School who was standing on the side of the street had a gash on his chest sprouting blood, then he slowly fell over.

This attack done by Lin Pingzhi was strange and unpredictable. When he dismounted and had his sword out, it looked like he was going to attack Yu Canghai. When Yu Canghai saw him attacking, it was precisely what he wished for and he secretly felt happy. He expected that when they fight, he would be able to take Lin Pingzhi's life to avenge for last night's insult. If Yue Buqun later came for him, that was a matter for the future. But who could’ve thought the opponent's sword would be able to change direction in midair, and fast as lightning killed a Qingcheng disciple, then got on his horse to run away. Yu Canghai was alarmed and angry at the same time as he leapt to chase, but his two enemies had ridden their horses very fast and there was no way for him to chase them.

The attack by Lin Pingzhi just then was immeasurably weird and unbelievably quick. Linghu Chong's jaw dropped from seeing it and he thought, "If he used this attack on me, and I don't have a weapon with me, then I'd have no way of fighting back and I would've been killed by him." He pondered over the swordplay and knew Lin Pingzhi’s skill was far below him. But the move Lin Pingzhi used just then was so fast, even he wouldn't be able to break it.

Yu Canghai was stamping his feet and angrily pointing at the dust left behind by Lin Pingzhi's horse as he hurled abuses at them. But Lin Pingzhi and Yue Lingshan had gone very far, how could they hear his abuses? His whole body was filled with anger and there was nowhere to vent it. He turned around and scolded, "You stinking nuns, you knew that Lin was coming so you came here first to help him. Alright, that animal Lin, has run away. Whoever got the nerves, come and fight to the death with me."

The number of Heng-Shan disciples was multiples that of Qingcheng School's people. Furthermore they also had some good fighters like Monk No Commandment, Yingying, Peach Valley Six Fairies, and Tian Boguang. If they were to actually fight, Qingcheng School had no hope of winning. Yu Canghai knew the strengths and weaknesses of both parties, but he was in a rage, so even though he was experienced and careful, he couldn't restrain himself. Yihe promptly pulled her long sword out and angrily replied, "If you want to fight, then come. Who's afraid of you?"

"Martial Sister Yihe, ignore him," Linghu Chong said.

Yingying whispered a few words to the Peach Valley Six Fairies. Peachtree Root Fairy, Peachtree Trunk Fairy, Peachtree Branch Fairy, and Peachtree Leaf Fairy suddenly flew towards a horse underneath the cool shed. That horse was Yu Canghai's ride. A neighing sound was heard as the Peach Valley Four Fairies separately grabbed each of the horse's legs and tugged hard at them. With a loud ripping sound, that horse was torn into four pieces and its internal organs and blood flew out everywhere. It was a big and strong horse, but with just their bare hands, the Peach Valley Four Fairies had unexpectedly ripped it apart. The four of them had such rarely seen powerful strength.

Qingcheng School's disciples were startled and all their faces changed colour. Even the people from Heng-Shan School were frightened till their hearts were thumping loudly.

"Old priest Yu, that Lin has an enmity towards you,” Yingying said. “We're not going to help any party and we're just going to be spectators on the side, so don't implicate us. If you really want to fight, you're not our match so why don't we all just save our strength?"

Yu Canghai was frightened and became timid. So with a hissing sound, he put his long sword back into its sheath. "River water doesn't mix with well water. You go your own way and we'll go our own way. Please go first."

"That won't do, we're going with you," Yingying replied.

"Why?" Yu Canghai scowled.

"To be frank,” Yingying explained, “that Lin's sword art is really weird, so we must see it.”

Linghu Chong was surprised. What Yingying just said was exactly what he was thinking about. Lin Pingzhi's swordplay was really weird, and 'Dugu Nine Swords' seemed incapable of breaking it, so he wanted to have a clearer look at it.

"You want to see that little kid's sword art, what's that got to do with me?" When these words came out of Yu Canghai's mouth, he knew he had said the wrong thing. His enmity with Lin Pingzhi was as deep as the ocean, so Lin Pingzhi wouldn't just kill one Qingcheng disciple and give up. He would surely come back to seek his revenge, and Heng-Shan School's people wanted to see how Lin Pingzhi used his sword and how he would kill the people of Qingcheng School. Anyone who studied martial arts would wish to observe other peculiar martial arts out there, and everyone in the Heng-Shan School used sword so they weren't willing to just let this opportunity passed them by. But they would be following the Qingcheng School who were like lambs going to the slaughter, and they would see how a butcher chopped them up. From among the people in the world who take advantage of other people, how could anything exceed this?

Yu Canghai was feeling angry and he wanted to say something sarcastic, but he held it in and only lightly snorted. He thought, "This little kid Lin is only using some weird moves and he despicably did sneak attacks on me, and on both attacks, my hand wasn't fast enough. Could it be that he has no real skills? Otherwise, why didn't he dare to fight me openly? Alright, you'll follow and I'll let you see clearly how I'm going to chop that little animal into little pieces." He turned around and returned to his seat under the shed. He picked up the teapot to pour himself a cup of tea but he heard a 'ta, ta, ta' sound as his right arm trembled, and the teapot's lid rattled. Just then when Lin Pingzhi was in front of him, he was calm and collected, slowly sipping his cup of tea, and wasn't muddled when facing a strong enemy. But now, his heart couldn't help thinking, "Why's my hand trembling? Why's my hand trembling?" He exhorted himself to be stronger and calm himself down, but the teapot lid kept on rattling. The disciples of Qingcheng School thought their master was being very angry. Actually, deep in Yu Canghai's heart, he knew he was terrified. If Lin Pingzhi's sword had been directed at him, he wouldn't have been able to block it.

Even after Yu Canghai had finished a cup of tea, his heart was still troubled and he ordered the disciples to bury the dead disciple in the wilderness outside the town, while the remaining people rested underneath the cool shed. The inhabitants of the town were already scared when they witnessed a person who had killed another person from far away, so they all closed their doors tightly. Who would dare to take a peek?

The Heng-Shan School party scattered into the shop and under the eaves of other people's houses to sleep. Yingying sat alone in her mule carriage, and was quite far away from the mule carriage that Linghu Chong was riding in. Even though the whole world already knew of the love between Linghu Chong and her, her bashfulness wasn't the slightest bit lessened. Even when Heng-Shan disciples reapplied the medicine on Linghu Chong's wound, she didn't go to have a look. Zheng E and Qin Juan knew her heart, so they continuously told her the condition of Linghu Chong's injury. Yingying only nodded her head and didn't say anything.

Senior Member Demonic Swordsman's Avatar

the next few fights coming up should be interesting

especially with commentary with LHC

thanks for the update
    "The most happy marriage I can picture or imagine would be union of a deaf man to a blind woman."

Thanks Pokit for the super fast update!

I smell trouble coming up now.

Thank you for the update Pokit & HH

I too fell like trouble is coming our hero's way.

why does LHC have no confidence in his DG9J after just looking at one stroke of LPZ's PXJF?
    " Forgo your past and embrance the future OR abandon your future to save your past?"

Thanks for the quick update Pokit & HH.

Is LPZ taunting YCH before he kills him??? Why not have a straight fight and get it over with?? It's beginning to get a little annoying. LPZ is becoming very unlikeable at the moment.

it's like chasing and torturing his prey...almost something out of a horror movie. revenge turns good people into bad ones

Quote Originally Posted by druid
    why does LHC have no confidence in his DG9J after just looking at one stroke of LPZ's PXJF?
    I think you get it wrong. LHC surmised tha his sword arts is way better than LPZ. But, if he were to be caught empy handed, he could not possibly counter that particular move.

Linghu Chong's jaw dropped from seeing it and he thought, "If he used this attack on me, and I don't have a weapon with me, then I'd have no way of fighting back and I would've been killed by him." He pondered over the swordplay and knew Lin Pingzhi’s skill was far below him. But the move Lin Pingzhi used just then was so fast, even he wouldn't be able to break it.

LHC's thoughts are interesting because it includes the qualifier that he wouldn't have a weapon with him. But I was under the impression that beating a weaponless LHC is pretty easy regardless of how good your swordart is.

Originally Posted by Ace High

I think you get it wrong. LHC surmised tha his sword arts is way better than LPZ. But, if he were to be caught empy handed, he could not possibly counter that particular move.

Linghu Chong's jaw dropped from seeing it and he thought, "If he used this attack on me, and I don't have a weapon with me, then I'd have no way of fighting back and I would've been killed by him." He pondered over the swordplay and knew Lin Pingzhi’s skill was far below him. But the move Lin Pingzhi used just then was so fast, even he wouldn't be able to break it.
    Not from the above quote, but the one below... after defeating so many Sword arts, even Wudang's Taiji sword, one would expect LHC to be confident in his DG9J!

Linghu Chong was surprised. What Yingying just said was exactly what he was thinking about. Lin Pingzhi's swordplay was really weird, and 'Dugu Nine Swords' seemed incapable of breaking it, so he wanted to have a clearer look at it.
    " Forgo your past and embrance the future OR abandon your future to save your past?"