Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2728293031323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: Smiling Proud Wanderer Chapter 29 onwards

To be sure, every single time LHC met a strong opponent, he was unsure of himself and was shocked at how powerful the opponent was. I guess he's the kind of person who comes up big on the spot when actually placed under real pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by efflix
    it's like chasing and torturing his prey...almost something out of a horror movie. revenge turns good people into bad ones
    Remember how Qingcheng sect toyed with his family and agency while massacring them? He is doing the same back to them.

I don't think things will end up nicely for Li Ping Zhi.

It is probable that his lack of faith in DG9J vs Sunflower/Bi Xie stems partly from the past experience with DFBB which nearly killed him.

In any case, this really shows how good Bi Xie is. From a lousy 5th or 9th tier fighter to someone who LHC fears in almost no time is a great feat. And this guy has almost no techniques or internal. If someone like Zuo had learned Bi Xie, it would be tremendous.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

If RWX were to obtain the Sunflower Manual at this point in the story, would he have used it?

Quote Originally Posted by K2Grey
    If RWX were to obtain the Sunflower Manual at this point in the story, would he have used it?
    He did obtain it after DFBB's death. He destroyed it.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    He did obtain it after DFBB's death. He destroyed it.
    RWX prefers to be a "real" man, unlike DFBB/YBQ/LPZ.

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    It is probable that his lack of faith in DG9J vs Sunflower/Bi Xie stems partly from the past experience with DFBB which nearly killed him.

In any case, this really shows how good Bi Xie is. From a lousy 5th or 9th tier fighter to someone who LHC fears in almost no time is a great feat. And this guy has almost no techniques or internal. If someone like Zuo had learned Bi Xie, it would be tremendous.
    I think LHC tends to overestimate his opponents, or rather, to be fascinated by their sword arts. Just like with the two Wudang masters he encountered en route to Shaolin. He clearly beat the living daylight out of them, but he still shower them with praises.

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post

I think we have to realise as well that sunflower/Bi Xie is based on speed in killing of the oppoents. While with DG9J style is based on find the weakness of the sword style and trying to work out what the moves are in order to intercept it.

If sunflower/Bi Xie is that quick, LHC won't have a chance to have a good look at the weakness of the style even though there are many.

Two total different styles of sword art.

Well, if LPZ has any brain, he will not show off his sword arts to Heng-shan's group. By doing so, he knowingly give them the chance to observe and study his skills. That means should LHC fight against PXJF users, he'll at least got some inkling on the moves.

But regardless... if its so fast... even if he knows theoretically what to do.. LHC might not be abel to react in time...

I doubt that they'll be as fast as DFBB since they didn't have as much time to practice it. Furthermore, knowing your opponent's true capabilities before you fight is a major advantage, as he will not have any extra trump cards in his sleeve. And remember, YBQ & LPZ use their moves rigidly, and has no creativity in their swordplay, while LHC sword arts will evolve during a fight.

I just realized Dugu Nine Sword theory and Jeet Kune Do is very much the same. Emphasis on formlessness and speed over speed.
    Underneath the fluffly, cudly exterior lies the tormented and complex creature known as the panda.

Changing the subject slightly - I'm just going to say it. From what I've read, I don't think LHC loves Ying Ying. I think he's very grateful to her and he's certainly aware of her amiable qualities, but if she didn't love him so much, he would not have feelings to her. I feel like he's with her to repay her love, rather than because he wants to be. I know that people will always have a special place in their hearts for their first love but I still think he'd rather be with YLS, even if he is resigned to the fact that she is married.

I think he only went to Dark Wood Cliff because Ying Ying helped him and because he was curious. Ying Ying often goes out of her way to save him (true - the woman has her act together more) but I don't see that from LHC. Granted, he has a more carefree attitude, but he didn't seem so carefree with the other woman he loved.

Thanks so much for these wonderful translations. I am very, very appreciative of all the hard work that goes into translating and editing. Please keep up the exceptional work for the illiterate Chinese like me!

Read through all 34 available chapters in one go and discovered that I'm hooked...

Would I be impatient enough to... Nevermind.

Anyway, thanks to Lanny, HHaung, Pokit and Bliss.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGrey View Post
    Changing the subject slightly - I'm just going to say it. From what I've read, I don't think LHC loves Ying Ying. I think he's very grateful to her and he's certainly aware of her amiable qualities, but if she didn't love him so much, he would not have feelings to her. I feel like he's with her to repay her love, rather than because he wants to be. I know that people will always have a special place in their hearts for their first love but I still think he'd rather be with YLS, even if he is resigned to the fact that she is married.

I think he only went to Dark Wood Cliff because Ying Ying helped him and because he was curious. Ying Ying often goes out of her way to save him (true - the woman has her act together more) but I don't see that from LHC. Granted, he has a more carefree attitude, but he didn't seem so carefree with the other woman he loved.

Thanks so much for these wonderful translations. I am very, very appreciative of all the hard work that goes into translating and editing. Please keep up the exceptional work for the illiterate Chinese like me!
    That's the impression that I got too but I think LHC will love RYY eventually. He appreciates her and knows how much she sacrificed for him. He's not in love w/ her yet b/c his heart was just broken and he hasn't fully let YLS go yet. Once he gets over YLS, I'm sure we will see more of his love for RYY.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGrey View Post

JeanGrey, you may be right. I think initially LHC stay with RYY to repay her for her kindness but then why didn't he stay with Yi Lin as well? Mm... I think he has feelings for her but like you said, he is caught up with YLS to see things clearly. LHC is the type of person who is very loyal to the people around him, so part of his care for YLS can also be related to the fact that she is his martial sister too.

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox View Post
    Read through all 34 available chapters in one go and discovered that I'm hooked...

Would I be impatient enough to... Nevermind.

Anyway, thanks to Lanny, HHaung, Pokit and Bliss.
    IcyFox, welcome to the club! I think we are all addicts to the story so far. I have no idea what's going to happen when the story eventually end. I can't even begin to imagine..

To continue

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Linghu Chong pondered about the sword move Lin Pingzhi used. There was nothing special about the sword move in itself, but the move was done too suddenly and there was no indication that it was going to be executed at all. No matter who was attacked by this move, even if that person was a master, that person would find it hard to counter the move. That day on Dark Wood Cliff, they besieged Dongfang Bubai and he was just holding a piece of embroidering needle to fight them. But the four of them, who were masters, had no way to resist him. When he thought about it at this time, it wasn't because Dongfang Bubai had a high internal energy nor was it because his moves were extremely skilful, but it was because his movements were fast like lightning. His attack, defense, rush, and retreat were all completely beyond his opponents' expectations. When Lin Pingzhi stopped Yu Canghai underneath the place of worship and when he killed that Qingcheng School disciple with his sword, his martial art was exactly the same as Dongfang Bubai's and the thrust Yue Buqun had used to blind Zuo Lengchan's eyes. Evil Resisting Sword Art and Dongfang Bubai's 'Sunflower Manual' had the same source, so he guessed that the move that Yue Buqun and Lin Pingzhi used must be the 'Evil Resisting Sword Art'.

When he thought till here, he couldn't help shaking his head and mumbled, "Evil resisting, evil resisting! Resist what evil? This martial art is evil itself." Then he thought, "At the present time, the only one who can go up against this sword art is probably only Grand Martial Uncle Feng. After my injury is healed, I must go back up to Huashan and ask for Grand Martial Uncle Feng's advice on how to break this sword art. Grand Martial Uncle Feng said he doesn't want to see people from the Huashan School, but I'm no longer from Huashan School at this time." His thought then continued, "Dongfang Bubai is already dead. Yue Buqun is my master, Lin Pingzhi is my martial brother. The two of them wouldn't use this sword art to go up against me, then why do I need to go research on how to break this sword art?" Suddenly he thought of something and sat up abruptly. As he moved, the mule carriage shook and his wound became really painful that he gasped.

Qin Juan was standing besides the cart and she quickly asked, "Do you want to drink tea?"

"No, little martial sister, please ask young lady Ren to come here." Qin Juan acknowledged his request and went to get Yingying. After a while, Yingying followed Qin Juan back. She asked lightly, "What's the matter?"

"I suddenly thought of something. Your father once said, your sect's 'Sunflower Manual' was given to Dongfang Bubai. So I thought the martial art in 'Sunflower Manual' isn't as good as the divine martial art your father is practising, but..."

“But my father's martial art was shown to be not as good as Dongfang Bubai's, is that right?"

"That's right. I don't understand why."

For people who studied martial art, when they saw a wonderful book of martial art, if they didn't learn it by themselves, they would give it to another person like their father, spouse, martial disciple, brothers, or their lovers, and they would probably study it together. To give up on it was really out of the ordinary.

"I've already asked my dad about this before,” Yingying said. “He said: One, the martial art in the Manual can't be learnt; it'll be harmful to learn it. Two, he also didn't know that after learning the martial art written on the Manual, the result would be so powerful."

"Can't be learnt? Why?"

Yingying's face turned red. "Why can't it be learnt? How would I know?" After a pause, she went on, "What's so good about Dongfang Bubai's fate?"

Linghu Chong groaned and inwardly felt that his master was on the way in following Dongfang Bubai's path. He had now defeated Zuo Lengchan and snatched the leadership of the Five Mountains School. Linghu Chong didn't like this situation at all. 'Long Live the Chief, unify the Jianghu', those were the flattering words which were often said on the Dark Wood Cliff. In Linghu Chong's heart, it seemed it would also gradually become Yue Buqun's motto.

"Take care of your injury, don't think too much,” Yingying quietly said. “I'm going to sleep."

"Yes." He lifted the curtain on the carriage and saw the moonlight shining down on Yingying's face. Suddenly, he felt apologetic toward her. Yingying slowly turned around to go but suddenly she said, "Your martial brother Lin wears a flowery gown." After she said this, she went toward her own carriage.

Linghu Chong thought it was strange. "She said Martial Brother Lin is wearing a flowery gown. What does she mean? Martial Brother Lin has just become a groom so he's wearing the gown a newly-married groom wears. There's nothing strange about that. This little girl, not paying attention to someone's sword art, but instead paying attention to what someone else is wearing. How interesting."

When he closed his eyes, he could see Lin Pingzhi's sword moves in his mind, but he couldn't remember what kind of flowery gown Lin Pingzhi was wearing. He slept till the middle of the night when he heard horses galloping towards them from somewhere far. Two horses were coming from the west. Linghu Chong sat up and lifted the screen. Out on the street, he saw Heng-Shan disciples and Qingcheng School's people all awake. Heng-Shan disciples had formed groups of seven to form the sword formation and they were standing still by their position. Some Qingcheng people were rushing towards the end of the street while some were leaning their backs to the wall. They were far different from the calm and collected Heng-Shan disciples.

The two horses galloped through the big street. With the moonlight shining brightly, it was easy to see that it was the Lin Pingzhi husband and wife couple coming.

"Yu Canghai!” Lin Pingzhi called out. “In order to steal my Lin family's Evil Resisting Sword Art, you killed my parents. Now, I'm going to execute the moves one by one to give you a look. Pay close attention!"

He reined in his horse and flew down from his horse. His long sword was still strapped on his back as he rushed towards the Qingcheng School's people. Linghu Chong paid attention to what he was wearing and saw that he was wearing a green jade gown with seams threaded with gold, sleeves embroidered with deep yellow flowers, and a gold belt tied around his waist. With Lin Pingzhi's lightning fast movement, the gown gorgeously glittered under the moonlight. Linghu Chong thought, "Martial Brother Lin was originally very plain. Once he became a groom, he has become very different. It's no wonder youngsters are usually proud of themselves. He's taken such a wife, of course he's very happy and wanted to dress up a bit."

Last night besides the place of worship, Lin Pingzhi made a surprise attack on Yu Canghai with his bare hand. Now, he was doing exactly the same thing. How could Qingcheng School let him do it again? Yu Canghai shouted and four disciples immediately went up to meet him with their swords up. Two swords were aimed at his left and right chest, and the other two swords swept at his left and right legs. Peach Valley Six Fairies were startled and they couldn't help shouting. The three of them shouted, "Little kid, careful!" The other three shouted, "Careful, little kid!"

Lin Pingzhi extended his right hand and with a matchless speed, pressed on the wrists of the two Qingcheng disciples who were attacking his chest to turn their hands around and pushed on the elbows of the two Qingcheng disciples who were chopping at his lower body. Four miserable cries were heard as two of them fell over. These two people were originally attacking Lin Pingzhi's chest, but when their wrists were pressed, their long swords turned around and pierced their own stomachs.

"Evil Resisting Sword Art, stance number two and stance number three! Did you see it clearly?" Lin Pingzhi called out. He then turned around and galloped off on his horse. The Qingcheng people were stunned and none of them gave chase. When they saw the other two disciples, they saw one of them had his long sword slantingly piercing the other's chest from below, and the other person had done the same. These two people had stopped breathing but their right hands were still clutching on their sword handles making their bodies support each other and preventing them from falling down. Linghu Chong saw clearly the way Lin Pingzhi executed his press and push. He was astonished but felt admiration in his heart. He thought, "Brilliant, that's really a sword art and not a hand seizing technique. It's just that there was no sword in his hand."

The moonlight illuminated the ground and showed Yu Canghai's short body standing besides the four corpses lost in his thought. Qingcheng School's people encircled him but gave him a wide berth. No one dared to say anything. After a long time had passed, Linghu Chong gazed outside of his carriage again and saw Yu Canghai was still standing there unmoving as his shadow gradually lengthened. This scene was extremely eerie.

Senior Member Demonic Swordsman's Avatar

things just keep getting more and more interesting

thanks for the update
    "The most happy marriage I can picture or imagine would be union of a deaf man to a blind woman."