Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: Smiling Proud Wanderer Chapter 29 onwards

Quote Originally Posted by shortsight View Post
    i think this is not enough to conclude that DFBB internal is not very high. to think about it, LPZ still had his hand feeling the pain when he clashed swords with shorty Yu because his internal is low, and that was LPZ using a sword. now, it was never mentioned that DFBB had 'her' hand painful by clashing the needle with swords and chains from LHC, RWX and XWT. i guess, no matter how low DFBB internal could be, by using only needles, 'she' showed that 'her' internal is at least hundred or thousand times better than LPZ. how high is this, i do not know. but not substantiate enough to also conclude that ROCH greats could own DFBB.
    In fact, LHC felt a shock instead despite the benefits of XXDF at that point.

Yay! hooray for LHC! He's finally falling for RYY.
    Thanks to anyone who's translating this, that was a really long update.

oh, I feel bad for YLS, she doesn't know what her "husband" is. Although I don't really like her for what she's done to LHC, it's not really her fault, what is she but a you teen who's just experiencing love.

For all those who want LHC to love Yilin... SHE'S A NUN!!!!!
    We have the ability to fix the world's problems, but not the initiative

Quote Originally Posted by Morin'stal View Post
    Yay! hooray for LHC! He's finally falling for RYY.
    Thanks to anyone who's translating this, that was a really long update.

oh, I feel bad for YLS, she doesn't know what her "husband" is. Although I don't really like her for what she's done to LHC, it's not really her fault, what is she but a you teen who's just experiencing love.

For all those who want LHC to love Yilin... SHE'S A NUN!!!!!
    Morin'stal, I think YLS has found out what LPZ has become. LOL!

As for YiLin, I like her. She is probably the one that understand LHC the best.

Up to this point, I don't think Sunflower manual increase internal energy. it's a way of using the amount of energy one possess to increase speed dramaticaly. the XXdf didn't work because needles are to smal to conduct chi. and LHC is a master because of D9S, not because is incredibly high energy.

which remind me : LHC is stil dying from the drawback of XXDF, no ? why does Jin Yong don't mention it any more ?

Actually YLS doesn't know what LPZ has become at this point. Read the last 2 paragraphs again, what do you think she was suggesting? lol

Pokit.. You do have a point there! lol

Senior Member Demonic Swordsman's Avatar

poor YLS...thanks for the update
    "The most happy marriage I can picture or imagine would be union of a deaf man to a blind woman."

Quote Originally Posted by marktio View Post
    Hi Pokit and HHaung
    Many thanks for the wonderful updates and absolutely appreciate
    the hardwork you both put into it

Just wonder how can LPZ learn just in a short time a set of
    sword play and defeat masters like the hunchback and shorty YU

in my imagination even if the sword play is excellent it needs time for
    a master to learn and perfect it and use it skillfully
    especially it appears that the speed is the reason that this sword play
    is so good
    yet for abody to move in lightning speed it think it requires that
    that the master has high internal power that will allow him(her) to
    accelerate the move

anyhow just a dump thought of me
    thanks again pokit and HH
    LPZ improves very fast because he knew the Evil-Resisting swordplay all along. Its just that in the past, he did do what was required.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

Second, DFBB's internal energy level was never stated to be nearly RWX's internal energy level 10 years ago. I'm really starting to find a lot of statements you make (in here as well as Discussions), Kyss, to be rather questionable.
    RWX said earlier before going up heimu cliff that DFBB's martial arts were not below his at all and his intelligence was even higher, as a caution to the others accompanying him. i take it to mean the martial arts shouldn't just mean sword and palm skills, but he should be impressive in inner power as well. the other elders of the sun moon cult were quite impressive in the regards. i said nearly at RWX's level because it seems impossible that with his absorbed inner power, DFBB could be equal to RWX. i mean nearly like perhaps a half level. if i make a supposition, then because where the novel does not say, that's what we do. i was a bit rushed, so i guess i didn't clarify what i meant then, so i will now. from most earlier post, it was put forth by many that with his speed and implied 'unmatched' inner power, that DFBB would be higher then a great and at the supreme DGKB level. now it made clearer that DFBB was owning that battle because of his speed and strange moves, not because he had invincible inner power. a lot of that idea was because of the adaption and movie versions that colored DFBB to many here. also because sunflower manual was divided into sword and qi sections, we assumed the qi part must be superpower to allow the ordinary stances of bixie jianfa to become so powerful. now we know, not so. LPZ was capable of killing to expert fighters with ordianry inner power. Yu Canghai and Mu Gaofeng were probably not above the mongolian/jin experts level of the condor trilogy. the greats could kill them within three stances. so the great speed of sunflower manual/bixie jianfa may not be as incredible to the greats. so DFBB himself may not be above the greats. RWX ten years ago had to contain the inner power of his victims, the qi itself was not completely his to use, until he mastered the technique to break through his ren and du point channels to store his qi, his internal strenght then was not the equal to what he possesed when he fought DFBB. so ten years ago, DFBB should not be far from RWX's inner power level, because RWX's level was a lot less then as well. it's still a supposition, but a valid one on from novel so far.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Well, the XXDF flaw meant that the internal energy stream you absorb will kill you, but nonetheless, you still get to use the energy streams while it's still scattered to the meridians (only problem is that as you keep doing that you get attacks of loss of control more and more). We know this because of LHC. Therefore, RWX, having no opportunity to absorb that much more for those ten years, can not be much more stronger than he is now.

As for LPZ. His internal energy can't cope, but the fact that he had internal energy at all is quite a statement since he trained only a few months. Huashan's internal energy is also slow at the beginning so that wouldn't have been it. Neither did he trained uninterrupted daily. So considering that, it doesn't mean anything to say that because he didn't have strong internal energy therefore KHBD isn't that great in internal.

There is NO martial art that gives you much internal energy in a few months. Not without energy boosting food.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
    There is NO martial art that gives you much internal energy in a few months. Not without energy boosting food.
    What about the Ancient Tomb's chill jade bed? Not a martial art per se, but its use could be considered a part of the Ancient Tomb's training curriculum.

Assuming LCY is lying through her teeth (like she did about HER being the one to excavate the jade rather than WCY), 3 months is then equivalent to less than one year of training... still insignificant. Besides, I said martial art and not items.

I guess technically, draining type martial arts can do it. But that's not actually training up internal energy is it

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
    How about 9 Yang sutra that Zhang Wuji practiced in HSDS? Not within few months, but within 4 years he got to a level of internal energy that takes other people tens of years, isn't it? As far as I remember, 9 Yang doesn't have any stance so it must be it's internal practice that makes a good fighter. I'm not sure. Just a thought.

He spent 5 years training non-stop without any distractions at all. That alone (from the statements made in ROCH about internal energy training) would be worth at least 10 years worth of hard training.

EVEN THEN, as shown by his first encounter with MJST, his internal energy still wasn't fluent (he got a tiny boost too from the third palm). It took a freak accident in a one-of-a-kind bag for him to fully use his internal energy.

And this is with arguably the best internal energy development manual in JY canon.

As far as I remember, 9 Yang doesn't have any stance so it must be it's internal practice that makes a good fighter. I'm not sure. Just a thought.
    Unlike 9 Yin, 9 Yang doesn't contain stances, however, 9 Yang does have a great deal of martial art theories (just like 9 Yin) that can be applied to and greatly improve existing martial arts.

Remember the part where Guo Xiang is listening to 9 Yang and thought, "That's strange, this philosophy is the opposite of what my father taught me". In this case, it was whether to strike first or not. 9 Yin and 9 Yang are opposites and thus had opposing philosophies. 9 Yin encouraged first strike to gain the advantage while 9 Yang pushed for second strike to gain the advantage (both of which are valid incidentally).
    Last edited by ChronoReverse; 05-15-07 at 11:37 AM.

Dongfang Bubai let out a sigh and continued: "When I first ascended to the position of Leader of the Sun Moon Sect, it was definitely glorious. I was showered with chants and praises of 'Talented in the academics, gifted in the martial arts. For the prosperity of our holy sect.' What undignified rubbish they were all spewing. It was only after I started to practice the 'Sunflower Scripture' did I realize what was truly important in this life. After that I started to diligently train my internal energy. Several years later, I finally understood the beauty of life, the myriad of all things."
    There definitely is a section of KFBD which focuses on internal energy training. In fact, it seemed as if this was the first thing Dongfang Bubai had to train. Also, remember that BXJF and KFBD are not completely the same thing either, so you cannot take observations about Lin Pingzhi and apply them to Dongfang Bubai.
    明月心跳起來,又回頭,嫣然道,“你還要不要我帶上那面具?”
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”

Hmm im actually feeling pretty bad for YLS right now.... it seems like she was being used by her father before so I dont hate her as much for how she treated LWC earlier during the novel...

Thanks for the update Pokit and Hhuang.
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Suddenly, she heard Lin Pingzhi ferociously crying out. His voice was extremely sad and shrill, followed by him shouting, "Scram! Don't come over!"

Yingying started and thought, "What's going on? Why is this Lin being so fierce?" This was followed by Yue Lingshan weeping loudly. Lin Pingzhi shouted, "Go away, go away! Quickly go far far away, I'd rather be killed by your father, I don't want you to come with me."

"You're being so mean to me... what... what did I do wrong..." Yue Lingshan cried.

"I... I..." Lin Pingzhi stammered. After a pause, he went on, "You... You..." But he stopped talking.

"Say what your heart wants to say,” Yue Lingshan said. “Did I do something wrong, or maybe you're blaming my father and don't want to forgive me. Just say it clearly once and then you don't need to do anything, I'll immediately kill myself with my sword." With a hissing sound, she drew her sword. Yingying thought, "She's going to be forced to die by Lin Pingzhi, I have to save her!" She quickly walked back and got very near to the carriage so she could rescue her.

Lin Pingzhi again stammered, "I... I..." After some time, he let out a long sigh and said, "It's not your fault, it's me who is no good."

Yue Lingshan cried mournfully. Lin Pingzhi relented and said, "Alright, I'll tell you."

"You can hit me, kill me, but don't leave me not understanding anything," Yue Lingshan said between sobs.

"Since your feeling towards me isn't fake, then I'll tell you everything so your heart can die over this."

"Why?" Yue Lingshan was perplexed.

"Why? My Lin family's Evil Resisting Sword Art is very famous throughout Wulin. Yu Canghai and your father are both headmasters of a school, their own sword arts are already strong, but they still planned on stealing my family's sword manual. But my father's martial art is useless, and other people can just bully and humiliate him without him being able to fight back at all, now why is that?"

"Maybe because father-in-law wasn't suitable to learn martial art, or maybe his body was weak,” Yue Lingshan guessed. “From among the school's disciples in Wulin, it's not necessarily true that every one of them has strong martial art."

"You're wrong. Even though my father's swordplay was no good, it was only because he didn't study it enough. His internal energy was weak, and his attainment of the sword art was also poor. But the Evil Resisting Sword Art that he taught me, the foundation was wrong, and from the beginning to the end, it wasn't right."

Yue Lingshan hummed deeply and said, "This... This is really strange."

"Actually, it's not strange,” Lin Pingzhi said. “Do you know what my great grandfather Yuantu originally was?"

"I don't know."

"He was originally a monk."

"So he was a Buddhist. Some heroes of Wulin do a lot of outrageous things in Jianghu, but when they got older, they got quite worn out from all the things happening in the world, so they become Buddhists. This can happen," Yue Lingshan said.

"No. My great grandfather didn't become a Buddhist when he got old. He was a monk first before returning to secular life again."

"There were also heroes who were monks when they're young. Our founding ancestor of the Ming, Emperor Zhu Yuanzhang, he was a monk before he became the emperor."

Yingying thought, "Miss Yue knows her husband is narrow-minded. Not only does she not dare to offend him, she keeps trying to reassure him."

She then heard Yue Lingshan went on, "Father-in-law must've told you that your great grandfather Yuantu was a monk when he was young."

"My father never talked about it, I don't think he knew about it. My house at the Xiangyang Lane has a Buddhist hall in it; we went in there together on that night."

"Yes."

"Why was this 'Evil Resisting Sword Manual' recorded on a Buddhist robe? It was because he was originally a monk, and when he saw the sword manual, he quickly wrote it down on his Buddhist robe and got out. Once he returned to secular life, he built a Buddhist hall at home and didn't dare to forget about Buddha."

"Your guess is very reasonable,” Yue Lingshan agreed. “But, it's also possible that the sword manual was given to Grandfather Yuantu by an eminent reverend, and that the sword manual was originally written on the Buddhist robe. So Grandfather Yuantu may have obtained this sword manual frankly and uprightly."

"It's not like that."

"Your conjecture isn't necessarily right."

"It's not my conjecture; it's what Grandfather Yuantu wrote on the Buddhist robe."

"Ah, so that's how it is."

"He wrote this at the end of the sword manual. He was originally a monk, but because of an especially lucky chance, he heard of this sword manual from other people's mouth and wrote it down on the Buddhist robe. He warned that this sword art is too cruel and sinister, and once you learned it, you'll die without an heir. It's already unsuitable for even nuns or monks to learn as it violates the compassion of the Buddha, so for secular people, they shouldn't learn this even more."

"But he had already learned it himself."

"At that time, I also thought the same thing as you. This sword art is said to be cruel and sinister, and inadvisable to be practised, but after Grandfather Yuantu studied it, didn't he still manage to take a wife and get an heir?"

"That's right. But it could be that he took a wife and got an heir first before studying this sword art."

"It can't be,” Lin Pingzhi said. “Everyone who studies martial art in this world, no matter how heroic you are, or how powerful your martial art already is, once you see this sword manual, you couldn't possibly not practice it because you want to see how the first move goes. Once you've tried the first move, you'll definitely try the second move. Once you've tried the second move, you cannot not try the third move. Even if you haven't seen a sword manual before, once you've seen it then you'll definitely go crazy about it and it's very difficult to free yourself from it, and you'll practice it from top to bottom. Even if you know there's an enormous disaster tied to practising it, you still won't care about it."

Yingying heard till here when her thoughts turned to her father. "Daddy once said, this 'Evil Resisting Sword Manual' actually has the same root as our sect's 'Sunflower Manual' and they have the same fundamental principle. It's no wonder Yue Buqun's and Lin Pingzhi's sword art actually looks very similar to Dongfang Bubai's." She also thought, "Daddy said, there's something harmful in the martial art contained in the 'Sunflower Manual'. He knows that once a person who studies martial art sees the content of this martial art secret, he would definitely fall under its trap and would find it hard to free himself from it even if he knows it'd be disastrous to study it. So he simply refused to look at the Manual, which was the most sensible thing to do." A thought suddenly flashed in her mind, "Then why did he give it to Dongfang Bubai?" She thought till this point, and she automatically deduced, "So at that time Daddy already saw Dongfang Bubai harbouring an ill intention, so he gave him the Manual to harm him. But Uncle Xiang didn't know anything about this, and Dongfang Bubai was also ignorant of this and was still blissfully unworried. Actually, my father is such an astute and formidable person. How could he have been muddled headed for so long? It's just that a person's thought isn't as good as the thought of heaven. Dongfang Bubai unexpectedly struck first, captured daddy, and imprisoned him under the West Lake. But his heart wasn't especially bad. If at that time, he were to have killed daddy, or may have given an order not to give him food and drink, how could Daddy have the opportunity to take his revenge? Actually, it was a really lucky thing that we were able to kill Dongfang Bubai. If not for Chong-lang's help, Daddy, Uncle Xiang, Shangguan Yun and me, the four of us would've been killed by Dongfang Bubai at that time. Also, if it weren't for Yang Lianting messing with his heart, Dongfang Bubai would still be undefeated." She thought till here, and she couldn't help feeling that Dongfang Bubai was somewhat pitiful.

She thought, "After he captured my dad, he treated me generously and gave me a lot of gifts. When I was in the Divine Sun Moon Sect, I was no different from a princess. Today, when my own dad is the Chief, I instead, didn't have the authority I used to have. Ai, now that I already have Chong-lang, why do I still need that authority for?" As her thoughts wandered to the past, she thought her father's scheming was very deep and she couldn't help be frightened. "Even now, Dad still hasn't told Chong-lang the method of dispersing the internal energy. Chong-lang had already amassed several different qi from other people, and they still haven't been dispersed yet. This disaster will get bigger and bigger as days go by. Sooner or later, he will definitely be in trouble. Daddy said he must join our sect and once he did, not only will he be imparted with this technique, he will immediately be sworn in as the heir to the Chief. But Chong-lang isn't willing to submit and he will be in a great deal of trouble later." She was half happy and half worried. As she quietly stood in the cluster of tall sorghum, her thoughts wildly went from here to there, but no matter what she thought about, it always returned to Linghu Chong.

At this time, Lin Pingzhi and Yue Lingshan were also quiet. After a long time, Lin Pingzhi said, "After Grandfather Yuantu saw this sword manual, he of course practised it straight away."

"If there's really a big trouble associated with this set of sword art, it wouldn't just come out straight away,” Yue Lingshan reasoned. “It's always after practising for ten years or so that the harm would come. Grandfather Yuantu must've taken a wife and gotten an heir before this trouble manifested itself."

"That's. Not. It." Lin Pingzhi stressed each word without any hesitation. After a pause, he went on, "In the beginning, I also thought the same thing as you did. But after a few days, I found out it wasn't so. My grandfather simply couldn't be Grandfather Yuantu's son. He's most likely adopted by Grandfather Yuantu. Grandfather Yuantu took a wife and got an heir merely to fool everyone."

Yue Lingshan gasped in surprise and said in a trembling voice, "Fool everyone? But... why?"

Lin Pingzhi snorted but didn't answer her. After some time, he said, "When I first saw the sword manual, I was already very close to you. Several times, I thought I should wait till we get married and become a real husband and wife before I start studying the sword art. But it's impossible for a martial art person to resist not studying what's written in that sword manual. I finally... I finally... castrated myself to practice the sword..."

Yue Lingshan absentmindedly replied, "You... You... castrated yourself to practice sword?"

"That's right,” Lin Pingzhi gloomily said. “The first sentence in the Evil Resisting Sword Manual is: 'To dominate Wulin, swipe your sword and castrate yourself'."

"Why... why?"

"To practise this Evil Resisting Sword Art, you must start with the internal energy first. If you don't castrate yourself, once you practise it, you'll immediately feel like you're on fire, fire deviate, and die."

"That's how it is." Her voice was like a mosquito and very hard to hear.

Yingying was also thinking, "So that's why!" Now, she understood everything clearly why Dongfang Bubai, who was such a masculine man with the number one martial art of the world, was wearing woman's clothes, embroidering, and was so crazy about Yang Lianting. So in order to practise this demonical martial art, he had become not a man and not a woman.

She then heard Yue Lingshan sobbed lightly and said, "Back then, Grandfather Yuantu pretended to take a wife and get an heir to fool everyone, you... you're also..."

"That's right, after I castrated myself, I still married you to fool people. But it's only to fool your father."

Yue Lingshan wept sorrowfully upon hearing this.

"I've told you everything now,” Lin Pingzhi said. “You must hate me to the bone now. Why don't you go away?"

"I don't hate you,” Yue Lingshan sobbed. “You were forced by circumstances and had no other alternatives. I only hate... only hate whoever wrote that 'Evil Resisting Sword Manual' back then. Why... why did he want to harm other people like that?"

Lin Pingzhi giggled. "This senior was a eunuch."

Yue Lingshan groaned. "So... so my father... is also... is also like you..."

"Since he's studied this sword art, how can he be different? Your father is the headmaster of a school, if anyone found out he castrated himself and then spread the word out, how can he not become the laughingstock of Jianghu? That's why if he knew that I've learned this sword art, he must definitely kill me. He's already asked several times how I treated you because he wanted to know whether I've castrated myself or not. If at that time you complained even a little bit, then my life would've been gone."

"Now he knows."

"I’ve killed Yu Canghai, killed Mu Gaofeng,” Lin Pingzhi was brimming with pride as he said this. “Within a few days, the word would've spread throughout Wulin and the whole world will know."

"In that case, I'm afraid... I'm afraid my father won't let you go then. Where should we run off to?"

"We? You already know what I am now, you still want to follow me?"

"Of course. Brother Ping, my feeling towards you will always be... always be the same. Your lot in this world is so pitiful..." She had not finished saying this when she suddenly cried out and jumped off the carriage as Lin Pingzhi pushed her out.

"I don't want your pity! Who wants your pity?” Lin Pingzhi angrily retorted. “Lin Pingzhi's swordplay is complete. I'm not scared of anything. Wait until my eyes are better. Lin Pingzhi will then rule the world. Yue Buqun, Linghu Chong, Monk Fangzheng, Priest Chongxu, they are not my match."

Yingying inwardly got angry and she thought, "Wait till your eyes are better? Hng, have your eyes ever been good?" When Lin Pingzhi was injured, she originally felt quite sad for him. But when she saw how uncaring he was towards his wife, how ruthlessly he treated her, and also how conceited he was, she couldn't help despising him.

Yue Lingshan sighed. "You must first look for a place to hide for a while. Wait till your eyes are better before doing anything else."

"I have a method to deal with your father."

"It must be horrible to hear and of course you can't say what it is. Father also doesn't need to worry about you for now."

"Hng, I understand your father way more than you do. Tomorrow, I'm going to tell the first person I see about this."

Yue Lingshan worriedly said, "Is that necessary? Aren't you..."

"Necessary? This is the method to preserve my life. I'm going to tell every person I meet. In no time at all, word would've spread to your father's ear. Then, since Yue Buqun knows it was me who said this, he cannot kill me to shut me up. On the contrary, he must protect my life."

"Your idea is really strange."

"What's so strange about it? Whether your father has castrated himself or not, no one would be able to see it. When his beard falls off, he'll glue them on and there will be people who will believe it and those who won't. But if I suddenly die without any reason, everyone will say Yue Buqun is the one who did it. This is called wishing to cover it up but exposing it more instead." Yue Lingshan sighed and didn't say anything else.

Thanks pokit and HH

For all your hardwork

LPZ is so conceited...he's no match for YBQ even if his eyes weren't blinded!!! At least he's finally beiing truthful to YLS...poor mother & daughter...they share the same tragic fate.

The whole is indeed very tragic. LPZ is like a little devil, to marry this girl knowing that he is not a man anymore is cruel.

At least LHC now having made his decision, treats YY better. And even if LPZ dies and YLS becomes single again, she doesn't see LHC that way.

I'm awfully glad that YBQ is now exposed and we get to see the extent of RWX's cunning as well. These two girls are very unlucky to have such evil fathers.

Pokit and HH, thank you so much for your efforts