Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Smiling Proud Wanderer Chapter 29 onwards

Isn't Yue Hou embarassed enough, what else can he do now ?????

ZLC is so conniving what else did he think of this time hmmmm..

Thanks pokit and hhuang

I believe there is a saying about a foolish person who keeps asking for more....and can't realize when to quit.

Ahh yes, its from an Aesop fable about a donkey who was carrying some heavy bags for its master going down a winding mountain path, but it looked over the side and thought that just sliding down the side would be faster to get down and would not listen to its master's words no matter what. Finally the master had to let the donkey go, who finally realized its mistake.
    Last edited by MysteriouX; 10-17-06 at 04:52 AM.

The end of ch 29.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He coughed to gain attention and said in a clear voice, "Five Mountains Sword Schools Chief Zuo has an order: on the fifteenth of the third month, all five mountains sword schools must send their disciples to Songshan to elect the headmaster of the Five Mountains School. Everyone must attend and must arrive on time."

Linghu Chong asked, "Whose idea is it to combine the five mountains sword schools into one?"

Yue Hou answered, "Songshan, Taishan, Huashan, and Hengshan Schools have all approved of this. If your Heng-Shan School objected to this, then you would be openly making things difficult for the other four schools, and you'll only be asking for trouble." He then turned around towards the Taishan School's disciples and asked, "Do you not think that this is the truth?" The tens of people standing behind him answered together, "That's right!"

Yue Hou laughed coldly and turned around to leave. After a few steps, he turned his head around to look at Yingying. He thought, "How do I get back those five command flags?"

Blue Phoenix laughed, "Teacher Yue, now that you've lost these flags, how can you return to Headmaster Zuo? It'd be better if I return it to you!" After she said this, she tossed a flag at him.

When Yue Hou saw the little flag flying towards him, he thought, "This is your Five Poison flag, not the Five Mountains command flag, why would I want it?" However, the flag had almost reached his throat so he quickly extended his hand to catch it. As soon as he caught it, he suddenly called out loudly and hastily dropped the flag. His palm felt like it was on fire. He turned his palm over to take a look and saw his palm had turned purple. He realized that there was poison on the pole of the flag and he had been trapped by the Five Fairies Sect. Feeling alarmed and angry, he angrily scolded, "Witch..."

Blue Phoenix laughingly said, "You call 'Headmaster Linghu' and ask for his help, then I'll give you the medicine. Otherwise, your whole palm would rot."

Yue Hou knew of the severity of the Five Fairies Sect's poison. In his hesitation, he felt his palm getting numb and losing feeling. His whole lifetime’s martial art was in his two palms. If his two palms were to rot then he would become a cripple. This made him frightened with worries. He quickly called out, "Headmaster Linghu, you... "

Blue Phoenix laughed and interrupted him, "Ask for help."

"Headmaster Linghu, I offended you, I ask... ask you to please give me the med... medicine."

Linghu Chong smiled and replied, "Lady Blue, brother Yue was only doing what Headmaster Zuo ordered. Please give him the medicine."

Blue Phoenix laughed and waved her hand towards a Miao girl standing besides her. That Miao girl took a packet out from her bosom, walked forward a few steps, and tossed that packet to Yue Hou. Yue Hou grabbed the packet in a hurry and the crowd erupted in laughter. He quickly walked down the mountain followed by his people.

Linghu Chong announced in a clear voice, "Friends, since you all agreed to reside at Heng-Shan’s Other Courtyard; you must all comply with the school's commandments. These commandments are actually not hard to follow, but the fifth commandment of never making friends with evils is a bit troublesome. But from today onwards, everyone has become Heng-Shan School member, and since Heng-Shan School's disciples are naturally not evil, you must take care in making friends when you're outside the school." The crowd boomed their acknowledgement.

Linghu Chong went on, "You can still drink wine and eat meat, but from now on, anyone who’s not a vegetarian cannot come to the Xianxing Peak anymore."

Fangzheng cupped his hand and said, "Good, good! You must never desecrate the sacred ground of Buddha."

Linghu Chong laughed. "Alright, just regard that I've now become headmaster. Everyone's belly must be feeling hungry now, quickly get the vegetarian dishes out. I'll accompany Shaolin's Abbot, Wudang's Headmaster and all the other seniors in eating. I'll drink wine with everyone else tomorrow."

After they finished eating, Fangzheng said, "Headmaster Linghu, old monk and Chongxu have a few words to discuss with Headmaster."

"Yes," Linghu Chong answered. He thought in his heart, "The headmasters of the current top two schools in Wulin came to Heng-Shan today. They certainly have something important to say. With dragons and snakes mixing together on top of Xianxiang Peak, no matter where we speak, it's unavoidable that walls will have ears."

He immediately ordered Yihe, Yiqing and the other disciples to entertain the guests. Then he turned towards Fangzheng and Chongxu and said, "Down at the back of this mountain, there's a mountain besides the Porcelain Oven Pass which is called Mount Cui Ping. This mountain has a mirror-like cliff and on top of it, there’s a Hanging Temple. This is the panorama unique to Heng-Shan. If the two seniors are interested, please allow Junior to lead you there."

Priest Chongxu happily answered, "I’ve long heard that the Hanging Temple on Mount Cui Ping was built around the Northern Song dynasty. Pines trees can’t grow there and not even monkeys can climb up there. Someone had really exerted a lot of effort in building a temple in the clouds. That's really a marvel in this world; I've admired it for a long time already and would really like to see it."

End of Chapter 29

That went well ( wish it hadn't, i really wanted a fight) for now...

Can't wait for the next batch

Thanks again pokit and hhuang

Just want to let everyone know that chapter 30 is currently being edited. I'll post it up when it's ready.

what ? it's not posted yet, it's a scandal !!!

*/mode joke off* : thank you for your fast translation and take the time you want.

Quote Originally Posted by meujeudom
    what ? it's not posted yet, it's a scandal !!!

*/mode joke off* : thank you for your fast translation and take the time you want.
    when it is not a scandal but you said so, then you become the center of the scandal instead

hi pokit and huang
    thank you for the translation work
    i hope you are not having setback in the work
    any help we can do if you need any?
    wish you both health, and happiness

Thanks marktio.

We're editing chapter 30 right now, I'll start posting what's been done so far next week.

Hel..he..help.......withdrawal symptoms...........must...get...more...dosage...

thanks pokit for the reply
    also thanks to you huang,
    Take your time of course
    we will just have to wait in patience and be grateful
    have a great week end
    and take care

I'm an addict too : I KNOW it will be next week... but I still check every day. Is it serious, doctor?

Wuxia translations.... worse then drugs, more addictive....

LOL. I must have the same addiction...sometimes it gets so bad that I pull out the old dictionary/babel and attempt to go through the orgianl text .

Anyways thanks for the progress update Pokit, cant wait for the next translated piece.
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Thank you to Bliss for allowing me to use his excerpts from ch 30 and 31 in this translation. He part-translated the section on origin of Sunflower Manual and Evil Resisting Sword Art in chapter 30, and he translated the Dongfang Bubai's fight completely in chapter 31.

Now onto chapter 30.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 30 Secret Meeting
    (Translated by: Pokit and Bliss; Edited by: Hhaung)

Linghu Chong led Great Master Fangzheng and Priest Chongxu down Xianxing Peak. They hastened through Porcelain Oven Pass, and arrived under Mount Cui Ping. Fangzheng and Chongxu looked up and saw two pavilions on top of the mountain. The pavilions looked as if they were constructed by deities as their rooftops pierced through the cloud. Fangzheng sighed and commented, "The person who built this pavilion really had lofty imagination. For a person with high aspirations, nothing in the world is difficult." The three people slowly climbed up the mountain and finally arrived at the Hanging Temple. The Hanging Temple had two pavilions; each three stories high and soaring hundreds of feet above the ground. The two pavilions were separated from each other by a distance of tens of steps away and were connected by a sky bridge on the second floor.

Inside the temple was an old servant woman sweeping the floor. When she saw Linghu Chong, Abbot Fangzheng, and Priest Chongxu, she just stared at them, not greeting or saluting them. More than ten days ago, Linghu Chong had come here with Yihe, Yiqing, Yilin and the rest of the disciples, so he knew that this servant was deaf and mute, and that she also did not seem to understand anything nor pay attention to anyone. He proceeded to the sky bridge with Fangzheng and Chongxu in tow. The sky bridge was only a few feet wide. If ordinary people were to ascend the bridge to view the scenery from up there, they would see the empty space all around them with cloud filling their view, and they would feel as if they were standing in the sky and it would be unavoidable that they would start to shake and feel as if their limbs had turned into jelly. But these three people were first class masters, so they were not daunted and their minds were at ease.

Fangzheng and Chongxu gazed at a hazy cloud in the north and they were able to faintly see the outline of a city wall. There was also water flowing through the two cliffs of Porcelain Oven Pass. The view was really majestic.

“The ancient people said that one man guarding the pass would stop ten thousand people from passing through. The terrain here really suits this saying,” Fangzheng said.

“During the years of the Northern Song, Yang Lao ordered Gong E to guard three passes and he made his base here. This place is strategically placed and would suit any war tactician. From the moment I saw the Hanging Temple, I feel that the building is grand and I admire the perseverance of people in the old days. But the Hanging Temple became insignificant when you compared it to this five hundred li of chiselled mountain path.”

Linghu Chong was surprised, “Priest, you’re saying that this several hundred li of mountain path was also man made?”

“The history book says that Emperor Wei Daowu placed his soldiers here from Mount Zhong to Pingzheng during his first year of reign, and ordered tens of thousands of soldiers to dig out the Heng mountain range to make the five hundred li mountain path. Porcelain Oven Pass is at the end of this road,” Chongxu answered.

Fangzheng said, “Even though it is called five hundred li straight road, the majority of it was actually nature made. Northern Song’s Emperor Wei sent out tens of thousands of soldiers only to open a pass through this mountain. But even so, the project was really large and it was shocking for most people.”

“No wonder that so many people want to become an emperor. He only has to open his mouth and say a few words, and tens of thousands of soldiers immediately chiselled out a mountain pass for him,” Linghu Chong said.

“In those ancient times, there were many bold and outstanding heroes. And with this kind of power and influence to aspire to, you can imagine how difficult things were. But you don’t need to mention about emperors, there’s already a lot of disturbances and continuous fighting in the current Wulin even without ‘power and influence’ coming into play,” Chongxu told him.

Linghu Chong felt a shiver in his heart as he thought, “He’s come to the topic he wants to discuss.” He asked, “Junior doesn’t understand. Two seniors, please give me some advice.”

“Headmaster Linghu, today, Songshan School’s old Yue led a lot of people to come here. What do you think it was for?” Fangzheng asked.

Linghu Chong answered, “He was conveying Chief Zuo’s order to not allow junior to take over the leadership of Heng-Shan School.”

“Why is Chief Zuo not willing to allow you to become the headmaster of Heng-Shan School?”

“Chief Zuo wants to combine the five mountains sword schools into one, and Junior has repeatedly thwarted his plan and has also killed many Songshan School people. So Chief Zuo abhors junior completely.”

Fangzheng asked, “Why do you want to thwart his plan?”

Linghu Chong was stupefied and found it hard to answer. He repeatedly mumbled, “Why do I want to thwart his plan?”

Fangzheng asked, “Do you believe that combining the five mountains sword schools into one is inappropriate?”

WOW finally it's here thanks pokit and hhuang

i've been checking everyday for updates thanks

Come to think of it why is it a bad idea to combine the five school????

hmmmm I think this will be a lengthy conversation

Thanks again Guys and Gals

Thanks for my fix

I don't think it's a bad idea to combine the 5 schools.
    I think it's a bad idea to combine the 5 school WITH ZUO AS THE LEADER

Hmm, someone in this forum once said that he liked LHC up to this point in the story. He found that he became disgusted with LHC after this conversation with FZ and CX. I'll see if I agree with that.

Thanks 2 you Pokit and Hhuang,
    I've longed for this instalment for 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse
    Hmm, someone in this forum once said that he liked LHC up to this point in the story. He found that he became disgusted with LHC after this conversation with FZ and CX. I'll see if I agree with that.
    Why do you say that?
    I don't still find anything wrong or rousing disgusted feeling in Linghu Chong's words.