Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Smiling Proud Wanderer Chapter 29 onwards

Heh makes me wonder.. what is the original text of that "shook the valley" part? If it really says "shook the valley" then it's only correct for pokit to describe so.

not really a big thing. But here's a literal translation:

Linghu Chong move qi to Dantian, laugh long, valley resound, said, "..."

So it is something like his looong laugh echoed through the valley. I think shook the valley is a nice way to put it.

I wonder how they will get out of this. And I like it when JY heroes are all vulnerable and feel fear. Like the two elders, they both have excellent martial arts but placed in a situation where they are not able to put them to use, their eyes gleam with fear like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by pokit
    He moved his qi into his Dantian region and laughed long and loud, shaking the whole valley. "I'm here conversing with seniors from Shaolin and Wudang, and all the people who came up the mountain today are my good friends, so I didn't arrange for any protection. So now I have fallen into Brother Jia's trap and I cannot not admit my defeat." Linghu Chong answered.
    That's very clever of LHC. Sounding the alarm to the whole valley. Hopefully, it works.

Thanks Pokit and Hhuang for your kind effort.

just wanted to thank you for such a great job on the translations - i am absolutely hooked! since the tv adaptations i have seen are (as I have read) are highly inaccurate, i am really excited to read the rest of SPW!

Jia Bu replied, "That's very good. Chief Dongfang respects the seniors of Wulin and regards the importance of young heroes highly. Furthermore, Young Lady Ren has grown up under Chief Dongfang from a very young age. So in respect towards Young Lady Ren, we don't dare to be rude towards Master Linghu." Linghu Chong just uttered an 'hng' without answering back.

While Linghu Chong was talking to Jia Bu, Fangzheng and Chongxu were observing the situation and were looking for a crack in their line to rush at. But looking at the numerous water arrows in their front and back, even though they would be able to wipe out more than ten arrows at the same time, it would be impossible to take them all out. Even if their enemies managed to just shoot one water arrow out, it would be very difficult for the three of them to protect their lives. After the two of them had a look around, both of their eyes seemed to be saying, "We can't act rashly."

They heard Jia Bu went on, "Since Master Linghu already admitted defeat, both parties can avoid injuries. This is really what I wished for. Chief Dongfang actually ordered us to invite Master Linghu, Shaolin Temple's Abbot, and Wudang School's Headmaster Priest to attend a banquet at my humble sect's gathering altar on Dark Wood Cliff for several days. It's really our good fortune that the three of you are here together. How about if we go now?"

Linghu Chong uttered another 'hng', thinking how could there be such an easy thing in this world because once the three of them left the sky bridge, subduing Jia Bu and Shangguan Yun would be as easy as turning over his palm. As expected, Jia Bu followed by saying, "But the martial arts of the three of you are too high; if you change your mind midway through the journey and are not willing to go to Dark Wood Cliff, then we'll have no way of stopping you. That's why we gathered our nerves to ask the three of you to lend us your three right hands."

"Lend you our three right hands?" Linghu Chong asked.

"That's right. Could the three of you please cut your right arms first? Then we'll be much more at ease," Jia Bu replied.

Linghu Chong laughed loudly and said, "That's how it is. Dongfang Bubai is afraid of our sword arts so he planned this trap. He wanted us to cut our right arms so we couldn't use any weapons. Then, he'll have no more worries."

Jia Bu replied, "It's not certain that he'll have no more worries. But Ren Woxing would've lost a powerful help and that would've weakened him by a lot."

"Sir, you're speaking very frankly," Linghu Chong said.

"I'm just a nobody," Jia Bu said. He raised his voice and said, "Great Master Abbot, Headmaster Priest, are you two going to peacefully give your arms up or are you going to stake your lives here?"

Chongxu replied, "Alright! Dongfang Bubai wants to borrow our arms, so we'll lend our arms to him. But we're not carrying any weapons with us so it's difficult to cut our arms off." As he just finished saying this, a flash of light flew out from the window as a steel ring was tossed out. This steel ring was a foot long in diameter and had a very sharp edge. There was a horizontal bar in the middle to hold it. It was another sect's weapon. If there was a pair of these, then it would become a 'Qiankun Ring'. Linghu Chong was standing at the front so he extended his hand to grab it. He couldn't help laughing bitterly as he thought that this Jia Bu had really calculated everything. Even though the edge of this steel ring was very sharp and useful for cutting off their arms, it was too short to brandish around and block the incoming water arrows.

Jia Bu shouted out severely, “Since you have already promised, quickly cut your arm off! Don’t drag the time along thinking that someone’s coming to your rescue. I’m going to count to three! If your arms are not cut by then, I’ll release the poison water. One!”

Linghu Chong said in a whisper, “I’ll charge at them first, follow behind me!”

“No!” Chongxu replied.

“Two!” Jia Bu continued with his count.

Linghu Chong lifted the steel ring with his left hand while thinking, “Great Master Fangzheng and Priest Chongxu are my Heng-Shan School’s guests, so I can’t let them be harmed. When his count reaches three, I’m going to toss this steel ring, brandish my sleeves and charge up. All the poison water would definitely be aimed at me and the two of them may find an opportunity to get away.” He then heard Jia Bu calling out, “Everyone, get ready! I’m about to call ‘three’!”

Suddenly, they heard a clear and crisp female voice shouting from the top of the Spirit Turtle Pavilion. “Wait!” Someone wearing a pale green gown floated down from the top of the pavilion and landed in front of Linghu Chong. It was Yingying.

Linghu Chong hastily called out, “Yingying, step back!”

Yingying shook her left hand a few times at Linghu Chong at her back. She then called out, “Uncle Jia, the Honourable Yellow Face is very well known throughout Jianghu. Since when are you doing this kind of improper things!”

Jia Bu replied, “This… Young Lady, you… move away, don’t touch the water.”

Whew, RYY to save the day!

“What are you doing here? Uncle Dongfang told you and Uncle Shangguan to deliver gifts to me here. How did you get bribed by Songshan School’s Zuo Lengchan that you are actually being rude towards the Headmaster of Heng-Shan School?” Yingying chided.

“Who said I’ve been bribed by Zuo Lengchan? I received Chief Dongfang’s secret order to capture Linghu Chong and bring him back to the Dark Wood Cliff.”

“Nonsense. Chief’s Dark Command Wood is here. Chief’s order is: Jia Bu is secretly rebelling. Anyone who sees him must capture and execute him immediately and will be heaped with gifts!” As she said this, she raised her right hand high above her hand holding the Dark Command Wood.

Jia Bu was furious and he shouted, “Release the arrow!”

“Did Chief Dongfang tell you to kill me?” Yingying asked.

“You’re disobeying Chief’s decree…”

“Uncle Shangguan, seize that traitor Jia Bu and you’ll be promoted to the position of Elder of the Green Dragon Hall,” Yingying called out.

Shangguan Yun thought to himself that his martial art was much higher than Jia Bu and that his experience was much deeper compared to Jia Bu when they entered the sect. But Jia Bu was the Green Dragon Hall’s Elder, while he was an Elder of a lower hall which was called the White Tiger Hall, so of course there was much jealousy in his heart. Once he heard Yingying’s call, he hesitated on what to do. Yingying was the daughter of the former Chief Ren, who now had re-entered Jianghu and would definitely plan to take back the chief position. Even though Chief Dongfang had always been respectful towards Young Lady Ren, his attitude towards her would certainly be very different now. However, he still would never dare to lead these men to shoot poison water at Yingying.

Jia Bu again called out, “Release the arrow!”

But those men he commanded had always revered Yingying as if she was a goddess, and also, she was holding the Dark Command Wood in her hand. How could they dare to be rude towards her?

Suddenly, in the middle of this deadlock, someone from below the Spirit Turtle Pavilion shouted, “Fire, fire!” A red flame was burning and black smoke rose above. It seemed that there really was a fire burning at the bottom floor of the pavilion. Yingying loudly called out, “Jia Bu, you’re very cruel! Why are you trying to burn your subordinates to death?”

Jia Bu angrily responded, “Nonsen...”

Yingying interrupted, “Long live to Chief, unifies the Jianghu! People from the Divine Sun Moon Sect, Chief Dongfang has an order: Quickly put out the fire!” After she said this, she quickly charged forward.

Linghu Chong, Fangzheng, and Chongxu took advantage of the situation to charge forward. Between Yingying calling out the sect's motto and the fire burning underneath the pavilion, chaos ensued amongst the sect's people. Linghu Chong and his two companions flew halfway past the sky bridge and rushed into the building through the window which made the people inside unable to release their poison arrows. Linghu Chong quickly grabbed a long candlestick and wielded it in his right hand. He knew that the poison water was very severe and only a little bit of it had to be splashed on your body for you to suffer endlessly. Fangzheng and Chongxu were using their palms to chop and legs to kick without any mercy, and in no time at all, seven to eight people had been killed. He treated the candlestick in his hand like a long sword and stabbed it towards people's throats, and in a short time had killed six people. When Jia Bu and Shangguan Yun came to Heng-Shan, they carried forty boxes with them which were carried by two people each (I guess Jin Yong miscounted…. In ch 29, he said four people carried each box.). So altogether they had eighty people. These eighty people were actually the most powerful people in the Divine Sun Moon Sect with good martial arts. Forty people were distributed to encircle the Hanging Temple, while the remaining forty people were hidden in the two pavilions. In a short time, Linghu Chong and the other two people had killed all twenty people in that one pavilion.

Jia Bu was using a pair of judge's pens while Yingying was using a pair of long and short swords as they fought fiercely. When Linghu Chong first met Yingying, he only heard her voice but never saw her. Later on, he experienced how powerful she was and saw how she was feared by that crowd of heroes but he didn't know the reason. He felt feelings of affection but didn't know where his feelings came from. That day when Yingying killed some Shaolin disciples and fought against Great Master Fangsheng, Linghu Chong only saw her shadow and did not actually see her fight. So this was the first time that he had clearly seen her fighting with someone. Seeing her moving lightly and quickly, swiftly going here and there with her pair of long and short swords fluttering all of a sudden, attacking strangely with intermingled feints and true thrusts, even though she was really in front of him, in Linghu Chong's heart, he still felt as if he was floating, like the smoke, like the fog.

The two judge's pens that Jia Bu was using were really heavy. When he slashed them out, it was as if he was using a steel whip and Yingying didn't want her pair of swords to clash with his judge's pens. Each of Jia Bu's moves was aimed at a major acupoint on Yingying's body but he was always a hairsbreadth short in striking her.

Great Master Fangzheng shouted, "Evil creature, you're still not putting down your weapon and be captured?"

hmm long and short sword, someone from afar trying to distrace Jia Bu, and the hero is a distance from the heroine to be able to help her, doesnt this all seem familiar back in ROCH???

Talking

Hi! I'm new, I just wanted to thank you guys for translating all that text. I couldn't live without you people, who give me something to look forward to everyday.

Thanks again, you're one of the best!
    We have the ability to fix the world's problems, but not the initiative

Jia Bu saw that there was only death waiting for him today, so he combined his pair of pens into one and stabbed them towards Yingying's throat. Linghu Chong was startled and was really afraid that Yingying might not be able to avoid this attack, so he quickly stabbed out with the candlestick in his hand. He stabbed out twice hitting both of Jia Bu's wrists. Jia Bu felt his fingers became powerless and dropped both of his judge's pens. He quickly rushed at Linghu Chong with both of his palms together.

Great Master Fangzheng sent both of his palms up in a slant and captured both of Jia Bu's hands. Jia Bu forcefully struggled but he was unable to get away. He immediately kicked out violently with his left leg towards Fangzheng's lower body. Fangzheng let out a sigh and sent out both of his palms and sent Jia Bu flying out of the door. They heard him roaring out miserably, and his shout receded further and further away from them as he fell down towards the deep valley outside of Mount Cui Ping. Linghu Chong smiled towards Yingying and said, "Lucky you came to the rescue!"

Yingying smiled back at him. "Luckily I arrived in time!" She followed by shouting, "Put out the fire!"

Someone from below the pavilion responded, "Yes!"

Originally, the fire that was underneath the pavilion was burnt by using sulfur mixed with grass so that it would make Jia Bu uneasy. It wasn't actually a real fire. Yingying walked to the window and called out towards the Divine Snake Pavilion, "Uncle Shangguan, Jia Bu defied orders and that's why he met with this disaster. Why don't you lead those people out of the pavilion now? I won't give you any trouble."

Shangguan Yun replied, "Young lady, swear it for me to believe you."

"I'll swear to the past dynasties of the sect. If Shangguan Yun listens to my orders, then from now on, I won't harm him. If I violate this oath, then the three corpse bugs will eat my brain to death," Yingying swore.

This was Sun Moon Sect's highest form of oath, so when Shangguan Yun heard it, he was immediately relieved and led the twenty people out of the pavilion. When Linghu Chong and others walked out of the Spirit Turtle Pavilion, they saw Old Man, Zu Qianqiu, and tens of other people waiting underneath the pavilion. Linghu Chong asked Yingying, "How did you know that Jia Bu and his men wanted to attack us?"

"Why would Dongfang Bubai be that nice to you and be sincere in giving you gifts? I already suspected from the beginning that those forty boxes contained some kind of deceit. Later, I saw Jia Bu acting suspiciously and leading his men here, so I was really suspicious and took Mr. Old and the others here to take a look. Those rice buckets guarding at the foot of Mount Cui Ping didn't want to let us go up the mountain, and in a short while revealed their true character," Yingying told him.

Old Man, Zu Qianqiu, and the men laughed at this. Shangguan Yun hung his head down looking ashamed. Linghu Chong sighed, "This is only my first day as the Headmaster of the Heng-Shan School, and my true character as an incapable fool has already been revealed. I knew that those people sent by Dongfang Bubai were up to no good but I didn't take any precautions. If Linghu Chong dies, then that's deserved. But if Great Master Fangzheng and Priest Chongxu suffered under the hands of those traitors... Ai!" As he said this, he kept shaking his head.

Yingying said, "Uncle Shangguan, from today onwards, are you going to follow me or are you still going to follow Dongfang Bubai?"

Shangguan Yun's face changed colour as it was a hard decision for him to make to betray Chief Dongfang. Yingying went on, "Amongst the ten elders in the divine sect, six have taken my father's three corpse brain pills. Are you going to take this pill or not?" She extended her hand and in her open palm was a red pill. Shangguan Yun trembled, "Young lady, you're saying from amongst the sect's ten elders, six elders have… six elders…"

"That's right. You've never worked for my father before. So you're not considered to have betrayed my father when you worked for Dongfang Bubai in these last few years. If you could abandon that dark world, then I'd appreciate it, and my father would definitely appreciate it too," Yingying said.

Shangguan Yun looked around and he thought in his heart, "If I don't surrender, it seems that I'll lose my life right here. Since six out of the ten elders have returned to Chief Ren, things have moved really quickly. I couldn't be the last one left still swearing loyalty to Chief Dongfang." Having decided thus, he immediately took the three-corpse brain pill from Yingying's palm and swallowed it. He then said bowing to Yingying, "Shangguan Yun is thankful for young lady's kindness for not killing me. From today, I will strive to complete your order and would never dare to disobey them."

"We're on the same side, there's no need for such a huge propriety. These brothers under you, they naturally follow you?" Yingying asked.

Shangguan Yun turned his head to look at the twenty men behind him. Those men saw that their leader had just surrendered and had also taken the three-corpse brain pill, so they immediately prostrated themselves on the ground and paid their respects to Yingying. They all said, "We're willing to obey Sacred Lady's order, ten thousand deaths will not deter us." At this time, the crowd of heroes had extinguished the fire. When they saw that Yingying had subdued Shangguan Yun, they all congratulated her. Shangguan Yun's martial art was already very high in the Sun Moon Sect, and his position was also very honourable, so with Yingying subduing him, this had helped Ren Woxing greatly in taking back the leadership of the sect.

The Chase is on, I think there would be a clash in the leader selection of the five mountain alliance (hope so)

I'm really looking foward to it

Thanks again pokit and hhuang, always a nice job

Wonder why Great Master Fangzheng and Priest Chongxu could tolerate YingYing offering poison to Shangguan Yun and his men.

thank you pokit and huang
    enjoy the story very much
    mark

Quote Originally Posted by shortsight
    Wonder why Great Master Fangzheng and Priest Chongxu could tolerate YingYing offering poison to Shangguan Yun and his men.
    Lets not jump ahead of ourselves here yet, after all they have just been rescued and there are still a lot to be translated.

Quote Originally Posted by shortsight
    Perhaps they like it better if YingYing and Linghu take control of the sects people, instead of DongFang. Maybe they are hoping that LingHu will make all the sects people become actule heros and such. Better to make changes gradully than rashly (in this case).
    We have the ability to fix the world's problems, but not the initiative

Thank 2 you sooooo muchhhhh pokit and hhuang.
    I've been absent from this forum for 5 days, and when I returned, I felt very happy to watch new instalments of 2 you.
    Oh, I really love the way Yingying protected Linghu Chong from poisonous water. She didn't care for herself.
    Last edited by RongYingMin; 11-16-06 at 12:05 AM.

I haven't posted these last few days because we've run out of edited translation.

I'll post them up when they're ready.

Thanks pokit for letting us know

what a relieve to hear from you
    you must know how anxious some of us waiting for to read the update

what an addiction :=)

Anyway thanks to keep us hopeful

Great suspence and rescue! I hope LHC now can understand true value of RYY and his heart will have feelings towards her.

Pokit and hhuang thank you very much for your effors. And pokit thank you again for informing us