Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Smiling Proud Wanderer Chapter 29 onwards

Wow, Linghu Chong has even caught the attention of Dongfang Bu Bai!

HA! It'd be a fine day when an evil schemer like Dongfang Bu Bai doesn't know what's going on in Jianghu! No schemer would be complete with out a legion of spies passing information back up the line.. All we need to see is how he's going to get LHC mixed up in something... and how LHC is going to get out of it of course :-)

Have you ever noticed that heros need to be far far better at thinking on their feet and lucky? Evil guys have a main plan, a backup plan and an escape route, but heros tend to wander around getting mixed up in everything and still manage to survive? I guess if they didn't, though, this would be short story :-P

Quote Originally Posted by viesef

it seems everybody would like to be on good terms with LHC hmmm....

something smell fishy or they're all just want to recruit him
    Yep, it does seems so. And, If I were Zuo of Songshan, the congregation of 'evil' people on the mountain would be an excellent evidence of LHC turning coat and perfect excuse to annhilate him and Heng-shan.

Thanks Pokit & Hhuan for your continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by disrupt
    HA! It'd be a fine day when an evil schemer like Dongfang Bu Bai doesn't know what's going on in Jianghu! No schemer would be complete with out a legion of spies passing information back up the line.. All we need to see is how he's going to get LHC mixed up in something... and how LHC is going to get out of it of course :-)

Have you ever noticed that heros need to be far far better at thinking on their feet and lucky? Evil guys have a main plan, a backup plan and an escape route, but heros tend to wander around getting mixed up in everything and still manage to survive? I guess if they didn't, though, this would be short story :-P

I wouldn't be too hasty to call DFBB an evil schemer when there are worse people then him.

"When a dog urinates on a fire hydrant, he's not committing vandalism. He's just being a dog."
    I know this quote seems a little too crude but it was the only one I could remember quickly.

Trust me when I say this, DFBB isn't entirely as evil as we may think he is.

tat title will belong to ZLC right?
    TaZzY InC

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzy1972
    tat title will belong to ZLC right?
    No No No, sorry I don't believing in spoiling.

When he finished his speech, the group of heroes uttered an 'ah' and exploded in cheers. Half of these unorthodox path's heroes were connected to the Devil Sect, and among them, there were people who had taken Dongfang Bubai's 'Three Brain Corpse Pill'. So when they heard the words 'Chief Dongfang' mentioned, they were scared to death. The group of heroes didn't recognise who these two people were, but they had long heard of their names. The person on the left was called 'Honourable Yellow Face' Jia Bu, while the one on the right was called Shangguan Yun, with the nickname 'Eagle Hero'. The martial arts of these two people were high; it was said that their martial arts were way above those of all the headmasters, chiefs, and clan leaders in Wulin. The services and qualifications of these people in the Divine Sun Moon Sect weren't extremely impressive. But over the last many years, the sect had undergone a big change. Many older members such as Xiang Wentian and others were removed or went into seclusion. At the present time, Jia Bu and Shangguan Yun were two of the most powerful and first-class figures in the sect and it can be said that Dongfang Bubai was giving Linghu Chong a lot of respect by sending the two of them here.

Linghu Chong went forward to welcome them. "Mr. Dongfang and I have no acquaintance with each other. I don't deserve your two honourable presences."

Linghu Chong saw that 'Honourable Yellow Face' Jia Bu had a thin face resembling a candle, and his two Taiyang acupoints were very pronounced as if each point has a piece of peach underneath. The 'Eagle Hero' Shangguan Yun, with long arms, long legs, and an air of assured authority, had glitteringly bright eyes. These indicated that the two of them had profound internal energy.

Jia Bu said, "Today is Hero Linghu's big day. Chief Dongfang said that originally he wanted to congratulate you personally. But there are too many matters of the sect that are hindering him, and since there's no way for him to be in two places at once, he asked Headmaster Linghu not to blame him."

"I wouldn’t dare," Linghu Chong replied, while he thought in his heart, "It looks as if Dongfang Bubai is still flourishing which means Chief Ren still hasn't snatched the leadership of the sect yet. I wonder how Chief Ren, Brother Xiang, and Yingying are doing right now."

Jia Bu leaned to one side and indicated with a wave of his left hand. "Here are some meagre gifts, small tokens of regards from Chief Dongfang. Headmaster Linghu, please accept them." Amidst the sound of flutes, more than a hundred people brought forth forty large red boxes. Each box was being carried by four strong men, and from the heavy steps of each man, it seemed that the items inside the boxes weren't light.

Linghu Chong quickly refused, "Linghu Chong is already honoured by the presence of your two honourable; I would never dare to receive these gifts. Also, please reply to Mr. Dongfang that Linghu Chong said many thanks. On this mountain, Heng-Shan School's disciples live frugally but have a clean and honest life, so we have no use for these splendid and expensive items."

Jia Bu replied, "If Headmaster Linghu doesn’t accept these gifts, Shangguan Yun and I will be in big trouble." He slightly tilted his head towards Shangguan Yun and said, "Brother Shangguan, don't you think what I said was right?"

"It's right!" Shangguan Yun answered.

Linghu Chong was troubled. He thought, "Heng-Shan School is an orthodox school and we're like water and fire with your Devil Sect. It’s already good that the two parties aren't fighting right now, but we still can't make friends with them. Also, Chief Ren and Yingying are going to settle their debt with Dongfang Bubai, so how can I accept their gifts?" He then said, "Brothers, please tell Mr. Dongfang that I don't dare to receive his gifts. If you didn't agree to take back these gifts then I'll send people to deliver these gifts back to your noble sect."

Jia Bu smiled slightly and said, "Headmaster Linghu, do you know what's in these forty boxes?"

"Of course I don't know."

Jia Bu laughed and replied, "Once Headmaster Linghu looked at it, you surely wouldn't refuse it. In these forty boxes, actually, they're not all gifts from Chief Dongfang. A portion of it actually belongs to Headmaster Linghu. We're just bringing them up to return these items to their original owner."

Linghu Chong was surprised. "My items? What could they be?"

Jia Bu took a big step forward and replied in a whisper, "The majority of these items were the items left behind by young lady Ren at Dark Wood Cliff, such as clothes, jewelleries, and other common things. Chief Dongfang told me to send them back for young lady Ren to use. And some of the other gifts are Chief's gifts to Hero Linghu and young lady Ren. Many of the items are mixed together so they can't be separated. Headmaster Linghu, there's no need to be polite. Haha, haha."

Linghu Chong's natural disposition was open-minded and carefree, and didn't confine himself to customs. Seeing that Dongfang Bubai had sent these gifts sincerely, and many of the items also belonged to Yingying, he didn't refuse them anymore. He laughed loudly and said, "In that case, many thanks."

Just then, a female disciple came quickly towards him and reported, "Wudang School's Priest Chongxu has come to attend the ceremony."

Looks like there's trouble brewing in the air

It just goes to show open minded LHC is in accepting guest and gifts

I wonder how he would handle this senario

we'll just have to see

Thanks again pokit and hhuang

nice job as always

is this really trouble? dfbb has seemed relatively open minded to me so far (considering his reputation)- he has taken good care of yingying and seems to be welcoming to lhc. yay pokit and hhuang for your awesome work

Hopefully, Linghu Chong's carefree and open minded style would not bring troubles to Heng-Shan school. I feels that his style is more suitable to be alone, which is exactly to lead a life as a smiling proud wanderer, ... maybe to the extend of "laughing(!) proud wanderer!

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriouX
    No No No, sorry I don't believing in spoiling.
    Heh I agree MysteriouX. DFBB is not even close.

Pokit and hhuang.. thanks for the regular updates =D It gives me something to look forward to everyday =)

The Eagle Hero lives!!! The Eagle Hero lives!!! Why did he change his name though...
    Last edited by Ardor; 10-09-06 at 10:31 PM.
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

Ha ha, DFBB had subordinates bring gifts up to Heng-Shan Mount to congratulate LHC's appointment-taking-up-ceremony.
    This's so strange.
    It seemed that LHC had some special impressions on Demon Cult's Chief.
    This also reminds me of the film Swordman II (State of Divinity II) with Jet Li as LHC, Brigitte Lin as DFBB, Rosamund Kwan as Ren Yingying. In the film, LHC and DFBB had feelings for each other, and in the end, LHC and YLingshan left the Central Plains to go to Japan, left behind them Yingying.
    Last edited by RongYingMin; 10-09-06 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RongYingMin
    Ha ha, DFBB had subordinates bring gifts up to Heng-Shan Mount to congratulate LHC's appointment-taking-up-ceremony.
    This's so strange.
    This also reminds me of the film Swordman II (State of Divinity II) with Jet Li as LHC, Brigitte Lin as DFBB, Rosamund Kwan as Ren Yingying. In the film, LHC and DFBB had feelings for each other, and in the end, LHC and YLingshan left the Central Plains to go to Japan, left behind them Yingying.

So that's why this story seems very familiar to me

I've watch that movie several times, it was a great movie.

well all of jet li's movies are great.

Thank for the info RongYingMin

Actually, I like the film Swordman II only because of Brigitte Lin's excellent acting in the role DFBB. .
    If we consider the film an adaptation of SPWanderer, its contents are so terrible IMO. "Linghu Chong got married with Yue Lingshan leaving Yingying alone with her own lovesickness"? Is there anyone who can accept this ending? I think there would probably not be anyone.
    When I watch the film, I always have to force my mind to think that as if it is not an adaptation of JY's novel but a distinct film having nothing to do with original SPWanderer. Brigitte Lin's acting was so cool, she is the most interesting-beautiful-DFBB that I've ever seen.
    Luckily, in the novel, Linghu Chong would end up with a marriage whose the bride would be Yingying, not Yue Lingshan .
    Last edited by RongYingMin; 10-10-06 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RongYingMin
    This's so strange.

Don't forget that the gifts are items that belong to LHC and RYY, somehow hoping to imply their relationship >>> and then connection to the Sun Moon sect, its a ploy. Notice that they said many items were mixed together so they cant be seperated. there is a hidden meaning in those gifts.

Swordsman II ending I didn't like that very well... but swordsman I had a pretty nice ending. LHC riding away with YLS and RYY
    Last edited by MysteriouX; 10-10-06 at 08:54 AM.

Surprised, Linghu Chong quickly walked towards the entrance of the mountain peak to welcome Priest Chongxu who had come with eight of his disciples. Linghu Chong bowed to salute him. "Honorable Priest, Linghu Chong is deeply grateful."

Priest Chongxu smiled. "When Poor Priest heard of you becoming the Headmaster of Heng-Shan, I was really happy. Shaolin's Great Master Fangzheng and Fangsheng are also coming to congratulate you. Have they arrived yet?"

Linghu Chong was even more confounded. At this moment, there were a group of monks walking up towards the mountaintop. The two people walking in front had their sleeves floating around. They were Abbot Fangzheng and Great Master Fangsheng. Fangzheng called out, "Priest Chongxu, you walked really fast and arrived here before us."

Linghu Chong went down the mountain to welcome them. He called out, "Great Masters have come here personally, how is Linghu Chong worthy of this?"

Fangsheng laughed. "Young hero, you had entered Shaolin three times already, and yet this is just our first visit to you here at Heng-Shan. So it can be said that we're just respectfully visiting each other."

Linghu Chong welcomed the Shaolin's monks and Wudang's priests up the mountaintop. When the group of heroes on the mountaintop saw that Shaolin and Wudang Schools' leaders personally came, they were astonished and didn't dare to speak so loudly. All the Heng-Shan School's female disciples appeared pleased, and they all thought, "Martial brother Headmaster's reputation is so large."

Jia Bu and Shangguan Yun gave a glance and then turned a blind eye towards Fangzheng, Fangsheng, Chongxu, and the rest of their people.

Linghu Chong asked Great Master Fangzheng and Priest Chongxu to take a seat while he pondered, "I remembered when Master became the leader of Huashan, the leaders of Shaolin School and Wudang School didn't personally come; they just sent their people. I was still young at that time and didn't know any of the guests, but when Master and Master-Wife talked about what was happening at that time, they never mentioned the presence of Shaolin and Wudang Schools' leaders. Today, they both arrived at the same time; did they really come here to congratulate me or do they have other intentions?"

A stream of people continued coming up the mountain. Most of them were the heroes who took part in attacking the Shaolin temple. Kunlun School, Diancang School, Emei School, Kongtong School, Beggar Clan, and all the other big clans sent representatives to congratulate and deliver the gifts. When Linghu Chong saw that the number of people who had come up to congratulate him was quite large, he felt relieved. "They've all come here because of Heng-Shan School and Dingxian Shi Tai's reputations. It's not because of Linghu Chong's reputation." Songshan, Huashan, Hengshan, and Taishan Schools didn't send anyone to congratulate him.

As the thunderous sound of firecrackers went off, marking the arrival of the auspicious hour, Linghu Chong stood in the middle of the field and bowed, saluting everyone around him. Then he said in a clear voice, "Heng-Shan School's former leader, Dingxian Shi Tai, sadly met with someone's plot, and together with Dingyi Shi Tai, she passed away. I, Linghu Chong, bear the last wish of Dingxian Shi Tai to take up the leadership of Heng-Shan School. Everyone in Heng-Shan School feels grateful for the presence of all the honourable seniors and friends here." Then, accompanied by the sound of cymbals, Heng-Shan School's disciples lined up in two rows, one after another. In the middle were four of the most senior disciples, Yihe, Yiqing, Yizhen, and Yizhi; each of them was holding a Buddhist relic. They walked up to Linghu Chong and bowed to him. Linghu Chong joined his two palms, returning the respect. Yihe said, "These four Buddhist relics were passed down by ancestor Xiaofeng Shi Tai during the inauguration of the Heng-Shan School. They are to be passed down to successive Headmasters. New Headmaster, martial brother Linghu, please receive these items."

"Yes," Linghu Chong responded.

The four disciples handed over each item accordingly. The items were a scroll of scripture, a wooden fish, a strand of prayer beads, and a dagger. When Linghu Chong saw the wooden fish and the prayer beads, he felt embarrassed. He extended his hands to receive them but both of his eyes were looking at the ground, afraid to look at the eyes of the people in the crowd. Yiqing unfolded the scroll and said, "Heng-Shan School's five commandments: The first commandment is to never disobey your superior, the second commandment is to never harm people in the same school, the third commandment is to never kill the innocents, the fourth commandment is to always be an upright person, and the fifth commandment is to never make friends with evil. These are the instructions left behind by the ancestor of the Heng-Shan School. Martial brother Headmaster must personally set an example and lead the disciples; these rules must be obeyed."

"Yes!" Linghu Chong responded. He thought in his heart, "The first three commandments are alright. But Linghu Chong isn't that upright, and this commandment “not to make friends with evil people” will be very hard to do. Today on this mountaintop, half of the guests here are people from the unorthodox path."

Suddenly he heard people coming up the mountain calling out, "Five Mountains Sword Schools' Chief Zuo has an order. Linghu Chong can't usurp the leadership of Heng-Shan School."

finally i think there's gonna be trouble does, Songshan creeps never knows when

to stop putting their foot into their mouth. i really think they need another good

beating.

Thanks again pokit and hhuang always appreciate your work..

FIIIIIIGGGHHHTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

YAAAYYY!!

At least LHC has the backing of both Shaolin and Wudang.
    Underneath the fluffly, cudly exterior lies the tormented and complex creature known as the panda.