Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Curse of the Golden Flower/满成尽带黄金甲

i hope jay wud be great n here..i like jay but honestly, in initial d, i must say that he still has room for improvement on actng...but he's a great singer

Default Curse of the Golden Flower

be happy

Recently there's alot of duplicated thread on the forum......

Anyway, has anyone watch this yet?
    仁。智。义。信。礼。忠。孝。悌。忍
    慈。慧。气。念。仪。实。心。情。耐

The mods are sleeping or else they have a liking for messy forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic_Viper
    Recently there's alot of duplicated thread on the forum......

Anyway, has anyone watch this yet?

My apologies. I didn't check back far enough to see if there was an existing thread.

Quote Originally Posted by aiza11
    Actually it's the 4th, but a mod did combine two of them into one of the above. See Surf, they're awake once in awhile.

I heard this movie was quite average.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    Actually it's the 4th, but a mod did combine two of them into one of the above. See Surf, they're awake once in awhile.

I heard this movie was quite average.
    LOL I was just planning to see at the cinema tomorrow. Maybe I'll wait and download the pirated copy next week
    be happy

The commercial was certainly fantastic but I doubt it would be any different from the other ancient flicks. and Jay chou looks really werid in ancient costumes.

I liked Zhang Yi Mou's previous film "Hero", disappointed with his second film "House of Flying Dagger", totally gave up on him for TCOTGF...

I'm Not a picky viewer, as long as the show consist of a little "worth watching" moments, the show is consider to be at least watchable. To me, this is definitely the Worst movie for the pass few years...

The screentime is 113 Min, the first 50-70 min is allllll about talking with no intense plot or any crucial intentions. Then, it start to fight a little bit... like for 3-5 Mins. Then again talk talk talk for another 10-20 and finally we get to see the final showdown till the end. If the dialogs are meaningful, I don't mind all the talking. However, the dialogs are all meaningless and neither do them builds up the plot at all.................. I'm totally speechless..... Sad...

My 2 Cents...
    仁。智。义。信。礼。忠。孝。悌。忍
    慈。慧。气。念。仪。实。心。情。耐

I liked Zhang Yi Mou's previous film "Hero", disappointed with his second film "House of Flying Dagger", totally gave up on him for TCOTGF...

I'm Not a picky viewer, as long as the show consist of a little "worth watching" moments, the show is consider to be at least watchable. To me, this is definitely the Worst movie for the pass few years...

The screentime is 113 Min, the first 50-70 min is allllll about talking with no intense plot or any crucial intentions. Then, it start to fight a little bit... like for 3-5 Mins. Then again talk talk talk for another 10-20 and finally we get to see the final showdown till the end. If the dialogs are meaningful, I don't mind all the talking. However, the dialogs are all meaningless and neither do them builds up the plot at all.................. I'm totally speechless..... Sad...

My 2 Cents...
    I will go watch it sooner or later and see if I can make any good sense out of the nonstop talking.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    The commercial was certainly fantastic but I doubt it would be any different from the other ancient flicks. and Jay chou looks really werid in ancient costumes.
    for me jay looks fine in ancient costume cos he has a number of mvs that are semi-ancient...

I'd watch it just for Gong Li's awesome cleavage that had Chow Yun Fat and Jay positively drooling over them.

I just got back from watching the movie. I kinda like the movie. It's kinda sad really and there's one part that I almost cried

Personally, I think it was a good movie. If you were looking for action packed stuff, then this movie is not for you. If you enjoy a good drama, then go ahead and see it. I think it's worth my 11 bucks and 2.50 for the drink

p/s Gong Li was really awesome in her acting. I think the movie was about her in general.
    Last edited by aiza11; 12-25-06 at 03:29 AM.
    be happy

Quote Originally Posted by aiza11
    I just got back from watching the movie. I kinda like the movie. It's kinda sad really and there's one part that I almost cried

Personally, I think it was a good movie. If you were looking for action packed stuff, then this movie is not for you. If you enjoy a good drama, then go ahead and see it. I think it's worth my 11 bucks and 2.50 for the drink

p/s Gong Li was really awesome in her acting. I think the movie was about her in general.
    My friends who like this show say they like it purely because of the action scenes(partly because of the cleavage). I don't like this show because neither do the storyline, plot, acting, scenery nor the action scenes impress me. No offense; but where and what do u find this film interesting if u like it not because of the action scenes? Personally I think the storyline and plot are a little crappy.
    仁。智。义。信。礼。忠。孝。悌。忍
    慈。慧。气。念。仪。实。心。情。耐

My friends who like this show say they like it purely because of the action scenes(partly because of the cleavage). I don't like this show because neither do the storyline, plot, acting, scenery nor the action scenes impress me. No offense; but where and what do u find this film interesting if u like it not because of the action scenes? Personally I think the storyline and plot are a little crappy.

Different people have different opinion It's okay that you don't like it, just because I like it, it doesn't have to irk you !!! LOL

edit - I like it cos it almost made me want to cry for the Empress
    Last edited by aiza11; 12-25-06 at 07:44 AM.
    be happy

Cool A great wuxia picture should be shot like Tsui Hark's Dragon Inn

The storyline was almost beautiful. But Zhang Yimou has a knack of turning everything into a poetry that he repeatedly misses out on delivering great drama scenes and plots, while failing to capitalize on the fight scenes to a good measure.

I particularly liked the way they shot the scence when the governor's house was under siege by the assasins. The way they descended into the valley house was spectacular. But, the suspense was cut short.

A great wuxia picture should be shot like Tsui Hark's classic "Dragon Inn". Short on poetry, great on plots, drama and suspenseful thrills.

-----------Maxim of the day----
    Whether for health, charity or little fortune, take a walk inside the park and ask yourself why not today. "A low aim is the biggest crime a man can commit" says Bruce Lee. Without a little adventure, courage and adversity, no man can call his own. So, take a walk inside yourself and ask this pertinent question: what does it take to "turn a boat into a warship."
    Last edited by Ken Cheng; 02-11-07 at 03:16 AM.

But what about the soft luscious heaving bosoms?

tropical country Singapore :D banana country

I haven't watched it and don't plan to.
    My friend told me the plotline and she made it into a COMEDY. I'm not joking.This is almost exactly what she told me:
    The empress likes the crown prince, which isn't her real son. And then the crown prince likes some princess. Then the emperor finds out that the empress likes the crown prince and gives her some black poison which must be taken everyday. Then everyone dies in the end. They so fake, horses 'chiong' at each other then everyone tries to cut off the horses legs to kill the person riding the horse. Then got one part, two guys holding shields, then the shield so big, they know both of them going to die, then still 'chiong' at each other. So stupid. Then in the end everyone die then still got another prince. Then the emperor ask him to give the black poison to the empress. Then he went to give and take a sword and kill himself. The blood, slowly come out, like very fake.
    then at this point, another of my friends asked whether the head also dropped off slowly
    so my other friend answered:
    I don't know. But the blood like . . .
    LOL. it isn't so funny when I post it here. but the way she moved her hands while describing the plot and her 'sound effects' were damn funny.

anyway, can someone please give me a better description?
    lollipops&raindrops (:

'love me for me' ;D
    'you make me smile'
    'i love you, you idiot' o.0
    FEEL THE LOVE <3

Quote Originally Posted by dragonite3579
    I haven't watched it and don't plan to.
    My friend told me the plotline and she made it into a COMEDY. I'm not joking.This is almost exactly what she told me:

then at this point, another of my friends asked whether the head also dropped off slowly
    so my other friend answered:

LOL. it isn't so funny when I post it here. but the way she moved her hands while describing the plot and her 'sound effects' were damn funny.

anyway, can someone please give me a better description?
    Obviously a fellow Singaporean!..how can the language be missed..ha ha..anyway....I read a similar story-telling style for The Promise at this forum...it was as funny and made the whole plot ridiculous..till today...I think I am not sure what the story of that was all about but I believe it could be as ridiculous as what was dscribed.