Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Curse of the Golden Flower/满成尽带黄金甲

Haven't watched it yet.

i got it on dvd though.

Will watch it soon.

Talking Just watched Curse of the Golden Flower

I watched this last weekend after much thoughts as I have read the chinese and western critics.

Overall the film is over rated by Hollywood but its better than Crouching Tiger (that one bored me to tears.........) The costumes was great although over heaving boobs is a tad over exaggerated. I would have preferred if they made it normal.

I must commend Gong Li as she was great as an empress. Her acting is impressive. You see all her facial expressions. Chow Yun Fatt is average. Jay Chou wasn't bad. I like him here as he sacrifices himself for his mother! The first Prince is such a weakling and end up in intimate relationship with his own sister (puke puke).

The ending was a bit disappointing as I was hoping that the emperor get thrown off his throne. So evil!

p/s I have heard for some time that Chow Yun Fat got really arrogant due to his fame. Big headed. His only good film was when he did The Bund a.k.a The Shanghai Beach and that was eons ago!

Just finished watching it.

The costumes were great and im not saying that just cos of the cleverage . The war costume looks looked fantastic.

The storyline was decent, but pretty sad that all the prince's had to die. Pretty good movie for a 45mil budget. Great fighting scenes but a lil short.

4star/5
    ~ I'm so awesome.. the greatest ever after Kobe!! ~
    ~ aka Mini T-mac here ~

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

good to know theres another one who enjoyed the movie as much as i do!

and youre right....the fight scenes are too short, except for the last final battle...now that's the best battle scene ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Mini T-Mac View Post
    Just finished watching it.

The costumes were great and im not saying that just cos of the cleverage . The war costume looks looked fantastic.

The storyline was decent, but pretty sad that all the prince's had to die. Pretty good movie for a 45mil budget. Great fighting scenes but a lil short.

4star/5
    Yeahh the costumes were great {and i dont care about cleverage } . Its good....Jay chow did improve, though i still dislike him. VERY emotional; though i cant believe its coming to hoyts!
    Sometimes it's hard to love someone because you're so afraid of losing them.

Quote Originally Posted by big master View Post
    it was good!!!! chow was great! he was miles better here than in crouching tiger imo. gong li was also commendable although she really aged a lot. liu ye was fine as and i have to say that there was a great improvement on jay's acting here...he was rather raw in initial d but he was alright in here! the plot was unique in its own way...i like it much better than banquet!
    Haha, i liked the banquet much more.. .Zhang ziyi is a FANTASTIC actress; even though her personality isnt the best. I also loved liang ying's singing

Quote Originally Posted by girllikeme View Post
    Yeahh the costumes were great {and i dont care about cleverage } . Its good....Jay chow did improve, though i still dislike him. VERY emotional; though i cant believe its coming to hoyts!
    yea it was quite emotional he did improve a lot

Haha, i liked the banquet much more.. .Zhang ziyi is a FANTASTIC actress; even though her personality isnt the best. I also loved liang ying's singing

i dunno but i feel that zzy's roles r all similar...i used to like her but then i got bored with her...but i stil think she is hot! i do love liang ying's singing too
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!

i dunno but i feel that zzy's roles r all similar...i used to like her but then i got bored with her...but i stil think she is hot! i do love liang ying's singing too
    I still cant believe Liang ying didnt win the award at the HK awards. Though that song of jay chows was good, it wasnt good enough, Like when he sang it on the movie, it was all beautiful, but when he sang it live... it was horrible IMO. Even when liang ying sang it live, i think it sounded better than in the movie!

Even when liang ying sang it live, i think it sounded better than in the movie!
    i hope i had seen that...liang ying has great vocals
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!

i hope i had seen that...liang ying has great vocals
    Even though my mother hates chao ji nv sheng, and backs away whenever she hears/sees it, she stayed, listend and even cheered to liang yings performance

just watched it the other day bc i didnt know i had it in my house! so lateeee lol.
    as usual, jay chou was hot :] i loved his role.
    the costumes were prettyyyy! and the whole palace was in gold decorations. i wished i lived there lol.
    EDIT:but i didnt really get the plot/ story. what exactly happened at the end?? (besides jay's character dying and all that stuff. )

Quote Originally Posted by annaaa View Post
    just watched it the other day bc i didnt know i had it in my house! so lateeee lol.
    as usual, jay chou was hot :] i loved his role.
    the costumes were prettyyyy! and the whole palace was in gold decorations. i wished i lived there lol.
    EDIT:but i didnt really get the plot/ story. what exactly happened at the end?? (besides jay's character dying and all that stuff. )
    it lacked plot. it was a bit short of material for the women's costumes too... lol

i wasn't really impressed by the battle scenes... nor Jay Chou and Zhou Run Fa's acting. All in all a bit boring.

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0 View Post
    it lacked plot. it was a bit short of material for the women's costumes too... lol

i wasn't really impressed by the battle scenes... nor Jay Chou and Zhou Run Fa's acting. All in all a bit boring.
    Wow, we are the only 2 that gives negative feedback on this film...
    仁。智。义。信。礼。忠。孝。悌。忍
    慈。慧。气。念。仪。实。心。情。耐

The costumes for the woman... bit disturbing.... and it was alright, though i dont think its worth it, to bring it to australia... its coming to Hoyts cinemas :S

i really wanted to watch this movie many people says that this movie is really good i hope it is =D

I would say best actress award goes to Gong Li

and best supporting is....

*drums rolls*

Gong Li's boobs.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/sony_pictures_classics/curse_of_the_golden_flower/gong_li/curse11.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/sony_pictures_classics/curse_of_the_golden_flower/gong_li/curse6.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/sony_pictures_classics/curse_of_the_golden_flower/gong_li/curse8.jpg')
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

i loved how in the last scene they cleared the dead bodies after the figting like nothing happened. wtf?! how caould yu just walk over dead bodies like that LOL!.
    and what exactly happened at the end? does that emperor kill gong li's charatcer? does she die?

Quote Originally Posted by annaaa
    and what exactly happened at the end? does that emperor kill gong li's charatcer? does she die?
    guess we have to draw our own conclusion......i'd say she probably killed herself

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c View Post
    guess we have to draw our own conclusion......i'd say she probably killed herself
    lolx SPOILERS ALERTTTT (just in case..)

yeah, she killed herself.. did u know everyone else (OK MORE SPOILERSS..)

scroll down

DIE except for the king.. HOW sad..
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

LOL chestnut, you could have just use the spoiler function. it's fun, i wanted to use it but got no spoiler to reveal...haha...

btw, no, it is never shown in the movie that the empress killed herself. she just knocked that cup and screamed hysterically and thats just about it. but the most feasible conclusion would be that she took the sword Prince Jai used to slit his throat to kill herself.... or she could also use that sword to lung for the emperor and kill him before taking the sword to her own throat.....well, if i were her, i would take the chances. so what if the generals are all around me? there is plenty of time to kill myself, but this is the only time im close enough to kill him...so what the hell, right? but of course, being someone well-versed in martial art himself, it's high possibility that he'd somehow fend that sword off, but i'd still take the chances anyway. it's death for me either way
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 05-17-07 at 07:47 AM.