Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Curse of the Golden Flower/满成尽带黄金甲

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c View Post
    LOL chestnut, you could have just use the spoiler function. it's fun, i wanted to use it but got no spoiler to reveal...haha...

btw, no, it is never shown in the movie that the empress killed herself. she just knocked that cup and screamed hysterically and thats just about it. but the most feasible conclusion would be that she took the sword Prince Jai used to slit his throat to kill herself.... or she could also use that sword to lung for the emperor and kill him before taking the sword to her own throat.....well, if i were her, i would take the chances. so what if the generals are all around me? there is plenty of time to kill myself, but this is the only time im close enough to kill him...so what the hell, right? but of course, being someone well-versed in martial art himself, it's high possibility that he'd somehow fend that sword off, but i'd still take the chances anyway. it's death for me either way
    spoiler function?/ how?/

reli?? i tot she died.. hmmm???? have to rewatch it
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

Quote Originally Posted by ChestNut View Post
    spoiler function?/ how?/
    u need to go to advanced reply function to see the spoiler tag. just click the tag and type whatever the spoiler is in between, just like quote function

reli?? i tot she died.. hmmm????
    oh yeah, im pretty sure about that, especially after the 6th one that i had last night

have to rewatch it
    yeah you you do that....it worths ever minute of your free time, right?

I thought it implied that she'll just have to face the fact that she failed and will continue to take the poison and eventually lose her memory.
    And the very end of the poison (+ Jay's blood) damaging the centre of the flower is to insinuate that despite the outer beauty of the royal family, they are really corrupted/poisonous from within.

Just my guess

Quote Originally Posted by Jeneshii View Post
    I thought it implied that she'll just have to face the fact that she failed and will continue to take the poison and eventually lose her memory.
    Just my guess
    yeah i agree with you that it implied that she failed. and yes, she's faced with the only option that is to be a living dead, consuming that posion everyday that would soon leave her mentally incapacitated. but then again, who in the right mind would continue submitting to that emperor after everything else is taken from her? at least before this, she still had Prince Jai and the Crown Prince to love, now everyone is dead. she's left at the mercy of her enemy. if i were put in that position, i wouldnt kill myself, no way jose, but i would definitely try killing the emperor on that very spot where my son died, and most definitely die trying....

the movie was actually left with an inconclusive ending, in fact IMO, in a sense it actually was left out for the audience to fill in. i mean, i like the thought of her dying while trying to kill the emperor, while you think she'd die slowly as she's forced to consume the poison. see, everyone is happy!
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 05-17-07 at 09:17 AM.

Personally, I really didn't like this movie. The plot was SO stupid and pointless. All the characters were crap, too. Basically at the end it was like "ok, everybody died, who cares?" Seriously, Zhang Yi Mou's just coming up with more and more crap these days.........
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.

Quote Originally Posted by redfirefly124 View Post
    Personally, I really didn't like this movie. The plot was SO stupid and pointless. All the characters were crap, too. Basically at the end it was like "ok, everybody died, who cares?" Seriously, Zhang Yi Mou's just coming up with more and more crap these days.........
    LOL. the only reason i watched it was because Jay Chou was in it this movie really.. sucked.
    The best part of believe is the lie.

Quote Originally Posted by annaaa View Post
    LOL. the only reason i watched it was because Jay Chou was in it this movie really.. sucked.
    LOL....I watched it cause
    1. there were lots of positive reviews
    2. I wanted to see how "good" Chow Yun Fat and Gong Li were at acting.
    This movie had the potential to be good (I mean, everyone's always going on about how great Chow Yun Fat is) but noooooo.......Zhang Yi mou decided to dish out a super pointless plot that made me go And he wanted an oscar for it.......maybe an oscar for worst foreign film....
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.

Quote Originally Posted by redfirefly124 View Post
    LOL....I watched it cause
    1. there were lots of positive reviews
    2. I wanted to see how "good" Chow Yun Fat and Gong Li were at acting.
    This movie had the potential to be good (I mean, everyone's always going on about how great Chow Yun Fat is) but noooooo.......Zhang Yi mou decided to dish out a super pointless plot that made me go And he wanted an oscar for it.......maybe an oscar for worst foreign film....
    I know! there was so much hype about what a good movie it was. it was even in the oscars for best fashion design.. and in the newspapers they has a huge spread about it (the chinese newspapers). then i finally go and watch it and im likeeeee,, wait gong li's character is a ****? whoa. i would have been okay with it if the ending was better but it wasnt.
    The best part of believe is the lie.

loved this movie i loved how they show the corrupted-ness in the royal family and that they have flaws

[1st prince with his half-sister]
    [step-mother & son]

can someone explain how chow yun fat's character became king? he married gong li's character, because her father was king?

i liked jay's character & the song (: very good.
    Last edited by lilviet_grl8o8; 06-22-07 at 04:29 PM.
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by lilviet_grl8o8 View Post
    can someone explain how chow yun fat's character became king? he married gong li's character, because her father was king?
    Gong Li's father was King of Liang, one of the many kings in China that's battling each other to gain power of that large land. Chow Yun Fatt was a captain in King of Liang's army, and after he marries Gong Li it is only natural that he gets to assume power after conquering other lands for King of Liang. yep, he married Gong Li because he crave the power, thats why he'd go so far as to banish his wife whom he loved dearly and her whole family.

i liked jay's character & the song (: very good.
    yep, i fell in love with this song the moment i heard it

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c View Post
    Gong Li's father was King of Liang, one of the many kings in China that's battling each other to gain power of that large land. Chow Yun Fatt was a captain in King of Liang's army, and after he marries Gong Li it is only natural that he gets to assume power after conquering other lands for King of Liang. yep, he married Gong Li because he crave the power, thats why he'd go so far as to banish his wife whom he loved dearly and her whole family.

yep, i fell in love with this song the moment i heard it

so how many time have you watch this????
    PLA

this was a decent movie imo though the story seemed cliche (it was really quite similar to the banquet imo), i find it nice to watch watched it 3 times
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!

thanks you ghost (:

i loved the song i was managed to download it! (: i listen to it very MUCH! hehe.

did i mentioned i loved the luxurious scenery in the palace? i watched the "behind the scenes" they spent a lot of money making this movie. cuz teh walls were crystal and stuff.... damn!
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Wild-Fire View Post
    so how many time have you watch this????
    lemme see.....2 in the cinema, 1 with friends on dvd, and 1 with parents....so that makes 4!

thanks you ghost (:
    no sweat

did i mentioned i loved the luxurious scenery in the palace? i watched the "behind the scenes" they spent a lot of money making this movie. cuz teh walls were crystal and stuff.... damn!
    nope you didnt mention it. and yep, one of the reasons why i love this movie so much other than the batle scene, is the effort they put on building the palace......it was outrageously amazing

I loved the costumes, scenery and acting. One thing I didn't like though, was that there was too much bloodshed! I watched the show mainly because of Jay Chou.

I really like the theme song though, from the first time I heard it from the disc.
    If everyone could just smile a little more...

maybe the world will be a happier place.

Just finished today, it was okay, however their acting skills are very good. i just don't like the clothing, it's overly fancy.

just saw this, wow gong li and chow yun fat killed it, great acting from both. as much as i hate jay chow, i thought jay chow did good for his part too. this films is pretty good, but i just feel something is missing from making this film great. btw those push up bras are really bad who cares if they arnt C/D cups!
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

was a real worthwhile watch, wasnt it LuNar? oh man, getting into this thread is making me want to watch it all over again

Watched it some time ago.
    what i like most is the song.

what i can't stand is "jay chou" leading the full army of 100,000? into the palace. which general will fight a war like this? there should be advance army, centre attack and back-up.

also, can anyone tell me how is "chow yuen fatt"'s first wife banished? thks.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    also, can anyone tell me how is "chow yuen fatt"'s first wife banished? thks.
    theres no real clear explanation of this.....i dont know, maybe i missed something from my 4-times of watching the movie (since i dont understand chinese, i can only rely on subs and we know subs arent always right...so ) it is to my understanding that Chow Yun fatt somehow declared his wife dead before he marries Gong Li, when in truth is that he probably framed his wife's whole family to be imprisoned (oh well we know how politics work, right), including her. wait, im not sure here, whether he killed his wife's whole family and spared her (cuz he did love her very dearly) by imprisoning her, or did he imprisoned her whole family with her , it's been a while and im not all that good at remembering things anyway, this obviously happened before he came into influence with King of Liang, cuz no way that king will allow his daughter be the second wife if he knows the first wife still alive, right? anyway, she suffered for quite some time before the physician came to know her (by the twist of fate, whatever) and helped her escape, without knowing what she's been imprisoned for.....

truthfully, Chow's background before he became King of Liang's son-in-law is pretty vague.....so all i can say is that the above is just my own conclusion.....
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 02-19-08 at 01:02 PM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -