Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Curse of the Golden Flower/满成尽带黄金甲

I thought the story from the wife's POV was that Chow Yun Fat framed his wife and her family for a traitorious crime (that brand on her cheek) that had them exiled, which made him single and available for the princess's hand. Then during exile, the wife's whole family died but she escaped but got sick on the way. The royal physcian saved her and married her whiout questioning her past.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c View Post
    was a real worthwhile watch, wasnt it LuNar? oh man, getting into this thread is making me want to watch it all over again
    i thought this is a pretty good movie, 9/10. i like the battle scenes at the end where theres like 1 billion arrows shooting down at 1 billion guys lol
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

yea the best jay chou movie so far...but then i also liked secret...
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    I thought the story from the wife's POV was that Chow Yun Fat framed his wife and her family for a traitorious crime (that brand on her cheek) that had them exiled, which made him single and available for the princess's hand. Then during exile, the wife's whole family died but she escaped but got sick on the way. The royal physcian saved her and married her whiout questioning her past.
    ah, thank you for the memory refreshment. highly appreciated indeed

thks for the answers.
    did chow's first wife work for "gong li"? does "gong li" know that the person is "chow's first wife"?

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    thks for the answers.
    did chow's first wife work for "gong li"? does "gong li" know that the person is "chow's first wife"?
    gong li doesnt know and i think chow's 1st wife only worked for gong li once or something.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    thks for the answers.
    just watched CoGF last night with friends, and it's said there that the whole of the first wife's family was imprisoned, but later only she managed to escape. She almost died out there, until the imperial physician (then not working for the emperor yet) saved and married her.

and no, gong li did not know that the imperial physician's wife was the woman in the portrait, but she suspected something when there was no news of the so-called 'intruder' (her informer, the phy's wife) that Prince Wan captured the other night, and later the imperial physician was somehow promoted to the rank of governor.
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 02-22-08 at 09:47 PM.

heres a harder question for u ghosty did chow really like his 1st wife? i know he liked his 1st son, but his 1st wife?

I've wondered that too...did Chow love his first wife or was it purely guilt?
    I'm assuming he didn't really love her considering he left her...right...right?

oh i believe he loved her indeed, if else why did he keep a portrait of her, and keep mentioning of his first wife to his son? yep, he love her, but he love power more. anyone can be blinded by power, and Chow's character is the kind of person who would do anything for a taste of this, and what's scarier is that he doesnt regret those that he had wronged. hence, he's willing to go as far as to attempt to kill his first wife again, for fear that his secrets would leak to the public.

i cannot fathom why he loves his first son more than his second, the second being more capable, brilliant and a thousand times more reliable in battle than the first (okay so he lost the final battle, but Chow had an informer, the weakling, coward first son of his we know if Prince Wan were to lead any army at all, he wouldnt last a second). the only explanation is that this son is the only thing that he can remember his first wife by.

plus, although chow decided to replace Prince Wan as crown prince with his second son, Prince Jai, he wouldnt have decided this if Prince Wan had not said yes to it. Prince Wan was relieved when Chow decided to replace him, cuz he's unlike his father who crave for power. All he wanted was to escape his father, and have a peaceful life with his love (lol poor Chan.... )

just my 2 cents
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 02-23-08 at 01:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c View Post
    oh i believe he loved her indeed, if else why did he keep a portrait of her, and keep mentioning of his first wife to his son? yep, he love her, but he love power more. anyone can be blinded by power, and Chow's character is the kind of person who would do anything for a taste of this, and what's scarier is that he doesnt regret those that he had wronged. hence, he's willing to go as far as to attempt to kill his first wife again, for fear that his secrets would leak to the public.

i cannot fathom why he loves his first son more than his second, the second being more capable, brilliant and a thousand times more reliable in battle than the first (okay so he lost the final battle, but Chow had an informer, the weakling, coward first son of his we know if Prince Wan were to lead any army at all, he wouldnt last a second). the only explanation is that this son is the only thing that he can remember his first wife by.

plus, although chow decided to replace Prince Wan as crown prince with his second son, Prince Jai, he wouldnt have decided this if Prince Wan had not said yes to it. Prince Wan was relieved when Chow decided to replace him, cuz he's unlike his father who crave for power. All he wanted was to escape his father, and have a peaceful life with his love (lol poor Chan.... )

just my 2 cents
    i think he knew his 2nd son will turn on him, thats why he fought his 2nd son at the beginning of the movie and told to only do the stuff given to him or something. btw how did he find out gong li is having an affair w/ his 1st son?

well, theres definitely things that happened between them, thats why he warned jai in the first fight. Jai must have done something wrong, but the point is, he trusted Jai enough to give the throne to him, so that must have meant something too, right?

bout the affair, i think Chow just knew. I mean, if he can make people to poison the empress, theres sure a way for him to keep an eye on the empress while he's away too, right? like people said, the walls have ears Chow must have not known about it long enough, cuz hes only been poisoning the empress for ten days.....
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 02-23-08 at 07:09 AM.

I thought he loved his first wife very much from his expression when he saw the face of the intruder. He had tears in his eyes and he tried to touch her face tenderley. And he was immensly jealous when he found out she was married to the imperial doctor. I think that's why he never really loved his second wife even though she was much younger and beautiful, because he was still so taken up with his first wife.

I don't think the Empress knew who the first wife was until she was caught as the intruder and met with the King. That's when the Empress's alarm bells strated ringing when she herad the intruder was caught and spent a lot of time alone with the King and then was released. It was totally opposite to what he would have normally done.

Anyway, I think the king felt insecure because Prince Jai was such a strong and capable leader and everyone liked him so that's why he fought Jai in the beginning. The King was sort of pissed off when Jai fought him and managed to destabilise him from his seat and have him put one hand onto the ground for support. But I don't think the King loves him as a son to have given him the throne. It was more because of his abilities. He didn't give a crap when he beat up his youngest son either. It seems he has ill feeling to both his sons by his Empress.

As for Prince Wan and the Empress, I mean they weren't really discrete were they? They went over to ecah other's room all the time and dismissed all the servants, and argue in the hollow corridors where anyone can listen. Even the youngest prince found out, it wasn't a big secret. Its not wonder that the King found out.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post

As for Prince Wan and the Empress, I mean they weren't really discrete were they? They went over to ecah other's room all the time and dismissed all the servants, and argue in the hollow corridors where anyone can listen. Even the youngest prince found out, it wasn't a big secret. Its not wonder that the King found out.
    lol yeah that too it's pretty stupid how theyre comfortably in each others arms and seeing and arguing with each other with all that many people around.....so yeah the camera shows no ones there but it's a freaking palace.....what were they thinking?

neways, my friends were really angry with me because of the ending i told them it was a great movie. though the rest were good (as they said) they were so pissed at the ending they keep blaming me for recommending them the movie
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 03-06-08 at 06:20 AM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Default kind of scary movie

Quote Originally Posted by girllikeme View Post
    The costumes for the woman... bit disturbing.... and it was alright, though i dont think its worth it, to bring it to australia... its coming to Hoyts cinemas :S
    I watched this movie a couple years ago in beijing. It was kind of scary for me since I was still very young at that time.

Default loved it too!

Quote Originally Posted by plushica View Post
    I loved the costumes, scenery and acting. One thing I didn't like though, was that there was too much bloodshed! I watched the show mainly because of Jay Chou.

I really like the theme song though, from the first time I heard it from the disc.

I love the theme song too! I think it was such a waste when everyboy started running and stepping on the beautiful golden flowers when they had a war.

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    i thought this is a pretty good movie, 9/10. i like the battle scenes at the end where theres like 1 billion arrows shooting down at 1 billion guys lol
    Lol actually I think it was hinted that there were only 10,000 Golden soldiers or so...

Its a OK kind movie, Not so bad every thing is ok in this...
    costumes, scenery and acting is very good in this..

Quote Originally Posted by c13:4567 View Post
    Early feedback from the chinese boards are quite mixed. many were also perplexed/disgusted with the amount of cleavage displayed in the movie
    Must be women/gay dudes, the folks who were perplexed and disgusted.

Most of the cleave was from the pushup corsettes that must have been really painful to wear. Li Man and Gong Li were legit.

Li Man doesn't seem to have had much of a career since and GL seems to have moved onto hollywood and got herself a white boy friend, who isn't even particularly good looking, but likely very rich.

Poor Chow Yun Fat seems like his career in Hollywood is not gonna happen. And I was so impressed w. his english.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner