Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Eddie Peng (彭于晏) - Page 8
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 326

Thread: Eddie Peng (彭于晏)

  1. #141
    Senior Member xiaolong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Singapore & Malaysia
    Posts
    4,767

    Default

    Magazine covers...





    Last edited by xiaolong; 02-27-12 at 07:17 PM.
    I ship Shi-Harem

  2. #142
    Senior Member thesolangestory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    498

    Default

    i realise how we were all discussing about eddie outside the eddie thread.

    oh and does anyone know where i can watch love online/download it? are there even online versions out yet? i've heard so much good stuff about it!

  3. #143
    Senior Member xiaolong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Singapore & Malaysia
    Posts
    4,767

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thesolangestory View Post
    i realise how we were all discussing about eddie outside the eddie thread.

    oh and does anyone know where i can watch love online/download it? are there even online versions out yet? i've heard so much good stuff about it!
    it's difficult to watch the latest major C movies online as the production companies always keep a tight lid on their copyright. They will scour all the video sites for any whiff of a leak online, so you have to buy the DVD in the end.

    LOVE is doing really well in the box office all over Asia, so all the more Huayi will keep close tabs on any online leaks.

    Anyway, Eddie's been cast in stone as HQB in DMY and the main OTP for LSS. Don't mind me if I spam some Eddie-SS pics here.

    Who would have thought they will act as hot-blooded young lovers in DMY back during the Young Warriors days of 2006? Well, hopefully we will see more offscreen rapport between these two cuties during DMY filming and see the sparks fly onscreen

    Well, they didn't have much rapport offscreen. Pretty distant from each other. Here's the closest they ever got in the BTS:


    Here's the two of them in the same photo a number of times, but just not hanging out together!






    I ship Shi-Harem

  4. #144
    Senior Member xiaolong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Singapore & Malaysia
    Posts
    4,767

    Default

    Eddie Peng's GQ cover shoot - he's the latest major Chinese celebrity to grace the GQ cover, following the footsteps of Takashi Kaneshiro, Yao Ming, Daniel Wu.
    I ship Shi-Harem

  5. #145
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Well, they didn't have much rapport offscreen. Pretty distant from each other. Here's the closest they ever got in the BTS:


    Here's the two of them in the same photo a number of times, but just not hanging out together!






    Thanks for all the photos! Nice!

    Love how they all look like they're having fun. Eddie has such a cute babyface and Peter Ho's rocking that earring

  6. #146
    Senior Member thesolangestory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    498

    Default

    omg they are all dorks.. <3 them.. hahahaa.. EP looks so young then! his features have become more defined since then... thank you xiaolong for randomly inserting in EP vids in the dmy thread to try and convince everyone that EP can pull off HQB! i'm actually really really happy with the casting!! hahaaaa andddddddddd yes i realise i am shipping shi shi with too many people.. i think i'm on the shi-harem ship soon. HAHA

  7. #147
    Senior Member xiaolong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Singapore & Malaysia
    Posts
    4,767

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thesolangestory View Post
    omg they are all dorks.. <3 them.. hahahaa.. EP looks so young then! his features have become more defined since then... thank you xiaolong for randomly inserting in EP vids in the dmy thread to try and convince everyone that EP can pull off HQB! i'm actually really really happy with the casting!! hahaaaa andddddddddd yes i realise i am shipping shi shi with too many people.. i think i'm on the shi-harem ship soon. HAHA
    If I only knew Eddie from his previous Tangren outings like CP1 and Young Warriors, then I wouldn't think he can pull off HQB either. I do understand the qualms of certain fans who aren't familiar with Eddie's movies. But it's also unfair for them to make judgment when they haven't watched Jump Ashin.

    Jump Ashin is Eddie's seminal work and he is winning new critical praise for his performance in LOVE (BTW, LOVE has been selected for the Berlin Film Fest). Hence I know for sure he can definitely do a wonderful HQB. So yes, even though I was initially picturing HG as HQB because of HG's chiselled Roman godlike features, I'm happy about Eddie's casting!
    I ship Shi-Harem

  8. #148
    Senior Member thesolangestory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    If I only knew Eddie from his previous Tangren outings like CP1 and Young Warriors, then I wouldn't think he can pull off HQB either. I do understand the qualms of certain fans who aren't familiar with Eddie's movies. But it's also unfair for them to make judgment when they haven't watched Jump Ashin.

    Jump Ashin is Eddie's seminal work and he is winning new critical praise for his performance in LOVE (BTW, LOVE has been selected for the Berlin Film Fest). Hence I know for sure he can definitely do a wonderful HQB. So yes, even though I was initially picturing HG as HQB because of HG's chiselled Roman godlike features, I'm happy about Eddie's casting!
    cp1 and young warriors was so long ago! and eddie did look like a kid then.. i have watched a couple of shows/movies with eddie in it.. plus i have been following his weibo.. so his masculine image i guess is kind of familiar to me already..

    i think hu ge's reply to one of the weibo talk things summarises it quite nicely for me: HQB's character as a great, cold general is something he has already played before. but MJ's character has more to him, and is a character that has alot of material to work with. i support HG's decision to play MJ completely.

    now i shall just camp waiting for Hu-peng bromance. haha!

  9. #149
    Member applexu_114's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    If I only knew Eddie from his previous Tangren outings like CP1 and Young Warriors, then I wouldn't think he can pull off HQB either. I do understand the qualms of certain fans who aren't familiar with Eddie's movies. But it's also unfair for them to make judgment when they haven't watched Jump Ashin.

    Jump Ashin is Eddie's seminal work and he is winning new critical praise for his performance in LOVE (BTW, LOVE has been selected for the Berlin Film Fest). Hence I know for sure he can definitely do a wonderful HQB. So yes, even though I was initially picturing HG as HQB because of HG's chiselled Roman godlike features, I'm happy about Eddie's casting!
    Quote Originally Posted by thesolangestory View Post
    cp1 and young warriors was so long ago! and eddie did look like a kid then.. i have watched a couple of shows/movies with eddie in it.. plus i have been following his weibo.. so his masculine image i guess is kind of familiar to me already..

    i think hu ge's reply to one of the weibo talk things summarises it quite nicely for me: HQB's character as a great, cold general is something he has already played before. but MJ's character has more to him, and is a character that has alot of material to work with. i support HG's decision to play MJ completely.

    now i shall just camp waiting for Hu-peng bromance. haha!

    I 100% agree with everything you guys said here. Since leaving his previous agency, Eddie has matured a lot both acting wise and appearance wise.

    The reason why Eddie left such strong impression in me because he and Roy Qiu share lots of similarities in their careers in the past: hard to digest dramas, hard to digest characters, similar roles again and again, etc. It really sucks since both of them have so much potential in acting and both of them possess such expressive eyes that I love so much. I was actually Roy Qiu's fan since his Wind Warrior day and have been following him since. Almost of his roles are either saddist or 2nd unfortunate lead guy or a guy who hardly has any depth at all (it's my summary for all the dramas he has done in Taiwan and China). However, Bang, he was back to Taiwan with Office Girls, playing a comedic character, something that he never did before: spoiled rich boy who is naughty, witty yet having good heart. For years, finally he got the fame, recognition and love he deserved.

    I first noticed Eddie in Young Warriors of the Yang Clan. Even though I initially watched the drama because of Hu Ge, the story of Wu Lang and Qi Lang made me stay with the drama till near the end. I loved both of them so much that I couldn't bare watching Qi Lang died tragically and Wu Lang became a monk. Eddie was such a cutie in that drama, he lighten the mood with his character and comedic expressions. A few years later when I happened to watch "Hear me" and saw him again, I started remembering my fondness for him back then (yeah, I forgot the fact he was a 82-er so I kept thinking "Whoa, this boy has grown more handsome than the last time I saw him"). He was so lovely and funny in that movie. After that, I decided to check back his works and this was how the pain started. None of his dramas really did it for me and almost his characters have this boyish and goofy feel that I hardly connected. Since not many of his dramas were popular so finding eng sub for all was nearly impossible. I have watched "Scent of love" and WDMC without understanding what they were talking just to see this lovely boy. I didn't continue following his works much because having seen Roy struggle with his career was hard enough for me to handle. When I came across Koala's post about the rumour Eddie joinning DMY, I just can't help myself wishing this rumour would come true. It's quite hurtful seeing how people react negatively toward him saying he didn't fit HQB, he was 2nd lead material, he was only cute and such, without giving themselves chances to find out more about him. However, on the bright side, thanks to those talks, I got to know that Eddie has achieved recoginition for his acting and success with his movies. I'm happy for him. Honestly, I got quite surpise to see him these day: tan, buff, handsome and manly. I was looking forward to seeing him as HQB since I haven't seen him playing such character before. I'm confident that he could play the hot/passionate/bold HQB well but not so sure about the cold/arrogant side. Still, I believe he can do it .
    Last edited by applexu_114; 03-04-12 at 11:04 AM.

  10. #150
    Senior Member xiaolong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Singapore & Malaysia
    Posts
    4,767

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by applexu_114 View Post
    When I came across Koala's post about the rumour Eddie joinning DMY, I just can't help myself wishing this rumour would come true. It's quite hurtful seeing how people react negatively toward him saying he didn't fit HQB, he was 2nd lead material, he was only cute and such, without giving themselves chances to find out more about him. However, on the bright side, thanks to those talks, I got to know that Eddie has achieved recoginition for his acting and success with his movies. I'm happy for him. Honestly, I got quite surpise to see him these day: tan, buff, handsome and manly. I was looking forward to seeing him as HQB since I haven't seen him playing such character before. I'm confident that he could play the hot/passionate/bold HQB well but not so sure about the cold/arrogant side. Still, I believe he can do it .
    Well, I think it's because Koala and Tangren followers haven't seen his movies, but only his Tangren series like CP1 and Young Warriors. I already liked him in his Tangren series BUT only became a big fan of his after I saw Jump Ashin. My guess is that a lot of Taiwanese and Chinese movies aren't aired in the USA? Unless it's by Chen Kaige, John Woo, Ang Lee or Zhang Yimou. Pity though that such a small limited pool of Chinese directors get exposure in the USA.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 03-04-12 at 10:26 PM.
    I ship Shi-Harem

  11. #151
    Member applexu_114's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Well, I think it's because Koala and Tangren followers haven't seen his movies, but only his Tangren series like CP1 and Young Warriors. I already liked him in his Tangren series BUT only became a big fan of his after I saw Jump Ashin. My guess is that a lot of Taiwanese and Chinese movies aren't aired in the USA? Unless it's by Chen Kaige, John Woo, Ang Lee or Zhang Yimou. Pity though that such a small limited pool of Chinese directors get exposure in the USA.

    I have only seen BTS of Jump Ashin and was really impressed at how hard he trained himself so I'll probably watch it this week . The trailer seems quite nice. I have seen the first 10 mins of LOVE and was quite shocked right at the beginning when Ivy's character came out and showed Eddie's character the positive pregnancy test, then his girlfriend showed up. My face was like "Cheater?". Have you seen it yet?

    I think breaking in the USA isn't an easy thing for any foreign movie in general. That's why lots of good Asian/European movies got remade by Hollywood and turned out to be diseasters. I don't have that much hope that Asian movies would be well received or appreciated by the majority of American audience anytime soon.

  12. #152
    Member applexu_114's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    57

    Default

    To make this thread more alive, I will post some videos I have found on Youtube .

    1. Music videos
    (I put the videos uploaded by Avexcpop so they won't be removed. Since my Chinese is 0 so I don't know the videos' names. I will just describe the general feel of the MV )

    Romantic/Lovely one


    Hot and cute


    Hot, hot and hot




    2. Eddie's Movies or the Evolution of hotness and charisma

    Hear me - Eng sub (2009)


    Close to you (2010) (No subtite since the videos with sub have been deleted )


    Love You You (2011)


    Jump Ashin (2011) (The link here is part 1. You guys can click on it to see the rest of the movie)
    http://www.wat.tv/video/jump-ashin-2...lx_4qesn_.html

  13. #153
    Junior Member happie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by applexu_114 View Post
    I 100% agree with everything you guys said here. Since leaving his previous agency, Eddie has matured a lot both acting wise and appearance wise.

    The reason why Eddie left such strong impression in me because he and Roy Qiu share lots of similarities in their careers in the past: hard to digest dramas, hard to digest characters, similar roles again and again, etc. It really sucks since both of them have so much potential in acting and both of them possess such expressive eyes that I love so much. I was actually Roy Qiu's fan since his Wind Warrior day and have been following him since. Almost of his roles are either saddist or 2nd unfortunate lead guy or a guy who hardly has any depth at all (it's my summary for all the dramas he has done in Taiwan and China). However, Bang, he was back to Taiwan with Office Girls, playing a comedic character, something that he never did before: spoiled rich boy who is naughty, witty yet having good heart. For years, finally he got the fame, recognition and love he deserved.

    I first noticed Eddie in Young Warriors of the Yang Clan. Even though I initially watched the drama because of Hu Ge, the story of Wu Lang and Qi Lang made me stay with the drama till near the end. I loved both of them so much that I couldn't bare watching Qi Lang died tragically and Wu Lang became a monk. Eddie was such a cutie in that drama, he lighten the mood with his character and comedic expressions. A few years later when I happened to watch "Hear me" and saw him again, I started remembering my fondness for him back then (yeah, I forgot the fact he was a 82-er so I kept thinking "Whoa, this boy has grown more handsome than the last time I saw him"). He was so lovely and funny in that movie. After that, I decided to check back his works and this was how the pain started. None of his dramas really did it for me and almost his characters have this boyish and goofy feel that I hardly connected. Since not many of his dramas were popular so finding eng sub for all was nearly impossible. I have watched "Scent of love" and WDMC without understanding what they were talking just to see this lovely boy. I didn't continue following his works much because having seen Roy struggle with his career was hard enough for me to handle. When I came across Koala's post about the rumour Eddie joinning DMY, I just can't help myself wishing this rumour would come true. It's quite hurtful seeing how people react negatively toward him saying he didn't fit HQB, he was 2nd lead material, he was only cute and such, without giving themselves chances to find out more about him. However, on the bright side, thanks to those talks, I got to know that Eddie has achieved recoginition for his acting and success with his movies. I'm happy for him. Honestly, I got quite surpise to see him these day: tan, buff, handsome and manly. I was looking forward to seeing him as HQB since I haven't seen him playing such character before. I'm confident that he could play the hot/passionate/bold HQB well but not so sure about the cold/arrogant side. Still, I believe he can do it .
    I've been lurking this forum for the longest time and when news broke that Eddie was going to be in DMY, I got so excited that I set up an spcnet account just so I could post! I've been browsing through the DMY thread and I'm really sad there hasn;t been much support for Eddie as HQB. I'm really glad he got chosen and I believe his performance will be great! I have no idea how I am going to last waiting for a year for DMY to come out. e.e

  14. #154
    Senior Member xiaolong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Singapore & Malaysia
    Posts
    4,767

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by happie View Post
    I've been lurking this forum for the longest time and when news broke that Eddie was going to be in DMY, I got so excited that I set up an spcnet account just so I could post! I've been browsing through the DMY thread and I'm really sad there hasn;t been much support for Eddie as HQB. I'm really glad he got chosen and I believe his performance will be great! I have no idea how I am going to last waiting for a year for DMY to come out. e.e
    Welcome to Eddie's thread happie!! I admit at first I was taken aback to hear that Eddie will be HQB as I've been visualizing Hu Ge as HQB since Hu Ge has played a general so many times.

    But now I've been visualizing Eddie as HQB. Oh my, it would be AWESOME if they get him to bare his chest! I've the feeling they will, because both HG and LGL kinda made reference to Eddie's to-die-for pecs and chest!

    Evidence: Eddie at Cannes last year



    Eddie's to-die-for muscled stomach!
    Last edited by xiaolong; 03-05-12 at 08:16 AM.
    I ship Shi-Harem

  15. #155
    Member applexu_114's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by happie View Post
    I've been lurking this forum for the longest time and when news broke that Eddie was going to be in DMY, I got so excited that I set up an spcnet account just so I could post! I've been browsing through the DMY thread and I'm really sad there hasn;t been much support for Eddie as HQB. I'm really glad he got chosen and I believe his performance will be great! I have no idea how I am going to last waiting for a year for DMY to come out. e.e
    Maybe coming to this thread and DMY and posting daily so that you can wait for the whole year . There'll be a lot more doubt and pressure for him when potraying this role, but I'm sure the love he receives won't be any less .
    Btw, I like your avatar, I have been thinking since I saw that fanart if I should choose it for my spcnet pics. Then I decided not to. I'm waiting for more steamy hot pics/fanarts of HuoMeng and HuoYu


    Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Welcome to Eddie's thread happie!! I admit at first I was taken aback to hear that Eddie will be HQB as I've been visualization Hu Ge as HQB since Hu Ge has played a general so many times.

    But now I've been visualizing Eddie as HQB. Oh my, it would be AWESOME if they get him to bare his chest! I've the feeling they will, because both HG and LGL kinda made reference to Eddie's to-die-for pecs and chest!

    Evidence: Eddie at Cannes last year
    http://pics.livejournal.com/iheartcd...0w0cr/s640x480
    http://pics.livejournal.com/iheartcd...0rk66/s640x480

    Eddie's to-die-for muscled stomach!
    http://pics.livejournal.com/iheartcd...0hws9/s640x480
    Then it'll be too much hotness to handle LOL. I saw the vid and my jaw just dropt like the fat guy who was lying on the beach there. Reality is depressing!!


    Hotness in action



    I guess this one is his newest weibo post:

    能夠善待不太喜歡的人,並不代表你虚偽,而意味著你内心成熟到可以容纳這些不喜欢
    To be nice to people who don't like, does not mean that your hypocrisy, which means you mature enough to accommodate these don't like

    credit to 彭于晏Eddie Peng @FB

  16. #156
    Senior Member thesolangestory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    498

    Default

    omg xiaolong thanks for the drool worthy post and all the movie vids!!! and welcome applexu_114! hehe^^

  17. #157
    Senior Member thesolangestory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    498

    Default

    omg xiaolong thanks for the drool worthy post and all the movie vids!!! and welcome applexu_114! hehe^^

  18. #158
    Junior Member happie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    35

    Default So hot!

    All the pics are awesome!!

    I can't wait for more pics of Eddie in costume for DMY. All the current pics on the DMY thread aren't clear or he isn;t the focus of the picture. All I see are Hu Ge and LSS pics hahahaha, all the ShiGes are out in full force!!

    I've no idea how people find those amazing pics and cartoons. Guess I have to set up a weibo account or something!

    To apple: Thanks!! I love that cartoon to bits lol its makes me laugh everytime I see it.

  19. #159
    Senior Member xiaolong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Singapore & Malaysia
    Posts
    4,767

    Default

    Before the DMY press conference, Eddie just wrapped up a gangster movie "寒戰" (Cold War) with Aaron Kwok, Tony Leung and Andy Lau. Cold War is by the same production team which made Infernal Affairs and has attracted investments to the tune of HKD1 billion! Just as expensive as the biggest Hollywood productions!

    He's riding so high in the international movie scene, I'm actually really surprised he's taking on DMY....or it could be a favour out of friendship with Tangren. So I'm not complaining I'd love to see Eddie in TV series as well.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 03-05-12 at 09:48 PM.
    I ship Shi-Harem

  20. #160
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    290

    Default

    I read that the reason Eddie take this project was that he like the scrib..... Also because it reunited him with his brother n sister.. I think that Eddie believe in Tangre project n know the quality that Tangre project produce that y he join this series...



    Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Before the DMY press conference, Eddie just wrapped up a gangster movie "寒戰" (Cold War) with Aaron Kwok, Tony Leung and Andy Lau. Cold War is by the same production team which made Infernal Affairs and has attracted investments to the tune of HKD1 billion! Just as expensive as the biggest Hollywood productions!

    He's riding so high in the international movie scene, I'm actually really surprised he's taking on DMY....or it could be a favour out of friendship with Tangren. So I'm not complaining I'd love to see Eddie in TV series as well.

Similar Threads

  1. New Series:Shao Nian Yang Jia Jiang starring Peter Ho, Hu Ge, Eddie Peng
    By mermaidmelody33 in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 869
    Last Post: 03-27-13, 10:20 AM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-22-12, 05:10 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-06-12, 02:37 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-29-12, 10:45 PM
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-03-08, 04:28 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •