Thread: Were the Chu and Mo families in HSDS the end of the line for 1 Yeung Finger?

Default Were the Chu and Mo families in HSDS the end of the line for 1 Yeung Finger?

From at least the time of the Northern Sung Dynasty in DEMIGODS & SEMIDEVILS, the 1 Yeung Finger Technique of the Deun Royal Family of Dali Kingdom was revered as one of the top martial arts in wulin. 1 Yeung Finger Technique's elite status continued through the Southern Sung Dynasty era of LEGEND/RETURN OF THE CONDOR HEROES. By the time of HEAVEN SWORD & DRAGON SABRE, the only known remaining practitioners of 1 Yeung Finger Technique were Chu Chung Ling and Mo Lit (descendents of Chu Tze Lau and Mo 3 Tung, respectively). With the deaths of Chu Chung Ling, Mo Lit, and their daughters in HSDS, did the 1 Yeung Finger Technique reach the end of the line? Was that the extinction point of the Deun Royal Family's signature martial art?

HSDS seemed to be the era where the great martial arts of the Sung Dynasty died out: both Hong Lung 18 Palms and 1 Yeung Finger Technique seemed to be lost at the end of this period.

both actually should be watered down as well due to a few reasons:

1. The Beggar Sect leaders weren't as talented. Not being able to learn the whole set. And from my knowledge, it's beggar leader to beggar leader, nothing close to a manual exists (3rd edition), therefore the XL18Z is very likely to have watered down due to the fact that the leaders after YLQ couldn't even learn over 14 stances.
    2. The practicioners after Yideng were much less talented. And I doubt Yideng had a copy of the Solitary Yang Finger manual with him after he left Dali (it's a faimly passed down art; therefore there should be a manual logically speaking); therefore, the Solitary Yang Finger passed down AFTER Yideng could deteriote due to the fact there isn't the original manual. I'm guessing the original is left at the Dali country itself because that is where the art resides.
    So I think Solitary Yang Finger likely deterioted. OR the practioners were to just untalented to master it even close to their ancestor's level.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

I think that post-HSDS, both Hong Lung 18 Palms and 1 Yeung Finger Technique were more than just watered down or deteriorated; I think both were completely extinct. If Shih For Lung died without passing on the skill (a likely possibility), that's the end of the Hong Lung 18 Palms (especially in HSDS Ed. 3, where the treasure trove of martial arts that the Heaven Sword led to did not include the Hong Lung 18 Palms). With all the Chus and Mos dead, and no Deuns in sight, it's likely that 1 Yeung Finger Technique had reached its endpoint as well.

Both martial arts...so prominent through DGSD, LOCH, ROCH, and to some extent, HSDS, were not featured again in the Jin Yong stories that took place later in the timeline.

There would have been plenty practitioners of the finger in that Dragon Temple. It is likely they took measures to preserve their family skill even if they could not preserve their state.

Even if a practitioner is not talented they can still pass down the formula or manual.
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time