Thread: What exactly does one do to raise his/her internal power over time?

TommyH
    Unregistered

Default What exactly does one do to raise his/her internal power over time?

In all (or most) of Jin Yong novels the hero always find a way to obtain powerful martial arts. Like GJ getting help from a taoist priest from QZ and learning 9Yin or DY gaining knowledge of superior martial arts like 6MSJ and LBWB. But a more realistic and dependable way of gaining power is developing one's internal power over time because one might not be as lucky as GJ or DY.

People like H7G and WCY are probably not even close to Great-level at GJ or DY's age. They probably reached Great-level through the more usual way; through training their internal power over time. But how exactly is this done?

Probably inherited from their masters.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

they either inherited their skills and knowledgefrom their families or teachers. they usually start learning at a young age, 6 to 8yrs old and keep practising hard for the next twenty years. since they learn advanced skills from a young age, by the time they reach thirty, they already became top experts.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by kyss of the sword
    they either inherited their skills and knowledgefrom their families or teachers. they usually start learning at a young age, 6 to 8yrs old and keep practising hard for the next twenty years. since they learn advanced skills from a young age, by the time they reach thirty, they already became top experts.
    But that's usually not the case. What about people like H7G and HYS? I highly doubt they were Great-level at 30. What is exactly done to increase one's internal power over time? Does one sit and meditate or something?

Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

TommyH
    Unregistered

I really expected a lot of discussion for a topic like this. I'm not talking about people like GJ and DY who just contantly find something top notch to add onto their own skills. I'm talking about people that don't have the luck to end up with 9Yin or LBWB. Maybe some lad who has potential but no luck. Maybe someone who will reach Great level eventually by training.

But how exactly will he train? Sit on his bed and meditate? Constantly crush rocks with his palm?

I guess they study the I Ching or Taoist scriptures and somehow figure out how to create awesome kungfu from them.

Like, they just go to a cave and study Yijing and suddenly they achieve some mysterious and profound martial art insight so they suddenly push their palms out with a loud "Huh!" and rocks explode around them while the earth shakes.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    I really expected a lot of discussion for a topic like this. I'm not talking about people like GJ and DY who just contantly find something top notch to add onto their own skills. I'm talking about people that don't have the luck to end up with 9Yin or LBWB. Maybe some lad who has potential but no luck. Maybe someone who will reach Great level eventually by training.

But how exactly will he train? Sit on his bed and meditate? Constantly crush rocks with his palm?
    Did Duan Yu raise his internal power by finding LBWB? I never really understood that, I just thought that he found three incredibly powerful arts and just was able to use them for whatever reason.

I'm curious about raising internal energy, as well. I know the characters "practice" techniques in things like 9 Yin/Yang, YJJ, etc., but how are these techniques "practiced?" Breathing? Meditating? They talk about focusing and mastering meridians and things like that, but just what in the world does that mean?

DY was able to learn LBWB, you don't need internal energy for that, LBWB is just a lightness kungfu, however 6MSJ requires one to have immense amount of internal energy, DY managed to learn this through sucking other people's internal energy and add it to his own, Xiao Yao sects skill, can't remember what its called...

with the original question there are some ways of raising internal energys, it can be seen from ZWJ, he learnt 9 Yang, YG through eating snake galls (i think thats what their called) and hard training against waterfalls and waves.

But is there a way to refine your internal energy from the unrefined to become pure and refined????
    Last edited by dracnom; 10-19-06 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dracnom
    But is there a way to refine your internal energy from the unrefined to become pure and refined????
    constantly practice it for a long time. We all know ZWJ has massive internal, but it was mentioned that ZWJ was FAR inferior to Z3F in terms of purity and even inferior to the Du Generation monks. The reason I think for these cases are because ZWJ only finished and practiced 9 Yang for a few years. On the other hand the Du monks and Z3F are OLD and practiced there internals for probably over 50 years.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by dracnom
    DY was able to learn LBWB, you don't need internal energy for that, LBWB is just a lightness kungfu
    Actually LBWB does require a lot of internal power.