Thread: On Ximen Chuixue's bakery

Default On Ximen Chuixue's bakery

Can anyone give me more detail on this story?

Why would a baker be a swordnerd? Baking does not even require knives. Was he a good baker? Why didn't he use his snow blowing to clear driveways for a living?
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardor

Why would a baker be a swordnerd? Baking does not even require knives. Was he a good baker? Why didn't he use his snow blowing to clear driveways for a living?
    The Hap Fong Tsai bakery in Beijing had been around for a long, long time, and was known as a major "brand" in the Beijing area. I imagine that it was founded by Sai Mun Chui Sheut's ancestors a few generations earlier, and he was the current caretaker (as opposed to founder) of the family business.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardor

LOL! i almost choked from trying to hold in the laughter.

the bakery is run by people who used to be servants in his family home. as mr. cheng mentioned, this was likely a family business that he acquired when he became lord & master of the family fortune.

i doubt ximen chuixue would even go near the kitchen, never mind dirtying his hands with icky-sticky bread dough. perhaps this finickiness is the reason why he blows the blood off his sword instead of wiping it with a cloth (or grass) like other swordsmen do.

i doubt, as well, that his neigong was at such a level that he could compare to the big bad wolf -- hey, why perfect a sword technique when you can just wipe out your opponent with one breath, literally?

I actually watched the movie of this last week(the duel). The story was pretty interesting and SMCS is a bad mofo, he always seemed to be really cool and laid back.(in the movie anyways never read the book.) The novel is translated isnt it? I might start reading it when i get some time. In the movie he was actually working in his bakery(frying some cakes IIRC).
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Maybe thats how he got his name.

He was actually blowing the white flour off his sword in winter but people who saw it thought that he was blowing snow off.

His name should really have been XiMen Chui Mian Fen.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    Maybe thats how he got his name.

He was actually blowing the white flour off his sword in winter but people who saw it thought that he was blowing snow off.

His name should really have been XiMen Chui Mian Fen.
    Much cooler name. But as a baker, i know that you cannot use swords to bake... Unless you know Chongxu's interpretation of the Taichi sword. "Circle, circle circle" good balanced force on the dough.
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

There is both hard and soft. When kneading dough, use both hard and soft; generate the force as you wish. That is the essence of the thirteenth stance of Taiji Fist.