Thread: Could one who have never dealt with internal power use it easily if given?

TommyH
    Unregistered

Default Could one who have never dealt with internal power use it easily if given?

If one recieved 70 years of internal power like XZ but instead of learning kungfu before like XZ this person has no knowledge of martial arts and internal power. Could this person control his/her internal power at all? I know it's not going to be at full potential (XZ couldn't use his 200 year+ of internal at full power at the end of DGSD) but how strong could it be? Would it be strong enough to shatter stones? Could the person now leap high into the air like XZ did?

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

shi potian was like that, he mastered a great inner power technique but had no idea how to use it or even knew any martial arts technique, but he could run really fast and and jump really high and was strong enough to break apart a strong chair easily without realising it.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    If one recieved 70 years of internal power like XZ but instead of learning kungfu before like XZ this person has no knowledge of martial arts and internal power. Could this person control his/her internal power at all?
    To answer your first question (bold-faced above), here is an example of what could happen if someone without any knowledge of martial arts and internal strength (i.e. Duan Yu) receives an significant infusion of energy (i.e. from the individuals listed):

From: http://wuxiapedia.com/novels/jin_yon...s/martial_arts

The effects Duan Yu suffered after accummulating internal strength from Ye the Second, Yue the Third, Zhong Wanchou, Yun Zhonghe, Zhong Ling, Cui Baiquan and the Yellow-Browed Monk in the tunnel (Chapter 10):
    • Terrible discomfort due to the build-up of pressure within the body; had to wave his arms, kick his feet and hurl some objects to alleviate some of the pressure.
    • The feeling of bloatedness without a corresponding outward appearance of swelling on the body.
    • Duan Yu's control of the accummulated energy was somewhat lost when he was asleep. When he executed the Graceful Steps Upon the Waves [Ling Bo Wei Bu 凌波微步] later, the exercise worked the energy up so much that it became evn more difficult to control.
    • Additional discomfort caused by the opposing types of energy that had been accummulated, i.e. positive Yang-based energies from Yue the Third, Zhong Wanchou and the Yellow-Browed Monk, and negative Yin-based energies from Ye the Second and Yun Zhonghe.
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by HuangYushi
    To answer your first question (bold-faced above), here is an example of what could happen if someone without any knowledge of martial arts and internal strength (i.e. Duan Yu) receives an significant infusion of energy (i.e. from the individuals listed):

The effects Duan Yu suffered after accummulating internal strength from Ye the Second, Yue the Third, Zhong Wanchou, Yun Zhonghe, Zhong Ling, Cui Baiquan and the Yellow-Browed Monk in the tunnel (Chapter 10):
    • Terrible discomfort due to the build-up of pressure within the body; had to wave his arms, kick his feet and hurl some objects to alleviate some of the pressure.
    • The feeling of bloatedness without a corresponding outward appearance of swelling on the body.
    • Duan Yu's control of the accummulated energy was somewhat lost when he was asleep. When he executed the Graceful Steps Upon the Waves [Ling Bo Wei Bu 凌波微步] later, the exercise worked the energy up so much that it became evn more difficult to control.
    • Additional discomfort caused by the opposing types of energy that had been accummulated, i.e. positive Yang-based energies from Yue the Third, Zhong Wanchou and the Yellow-Browed Monk, and negative Yin-based energies from Ye the Second and Yun Zhonghe.
    But doesn't that incident have something to do with the Poison Toad he ate? Why didn't XZ end up like this (yes I know he probably learned a 'bit' of martial arts)?

I suppose Wuyazi was a master of Beiming Shengong and could send his internal energy into Xu Zhu in such a way that it was already in all the correct meridians or dan tian and so on, thus sparing XZ any agonies or death.

Afterwards when XZ absorbed energy from TSTL and LQS he had serious problems but it faded after a while since the internal energy was all of Xiao Yao Pai nature.

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by HuangYushi

But that's somewhat different since DY knew BMSG...so he had 'some' knowledge of internal power and how to control it. Could DY even control it? Was it a sometimes thing like his 6MSJ?

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    But doesn't that incident have something to do with the Poison Toad he ate? Why didn't XZ end up like this (yes I know he probably learned a 'bit' of martial arts)?
    Answer to the bold-faced question: No.
    The last adaptation (DGSD 2003/4 from China) was very inaccurate in portraying the development of Duan Yu's internal strength and its corresponding problems.
    But that's somewhat different since DY knew BMSG...so he had 'some' knowledge of internal power and how to control it. Could DY even control it? Was it a sometimes thing like his 6MSJ?
    Answer to the bold-faced question: Sometimes. He could get it moving along the channel(s), but it did not always do what he wanted it to do; viz, ... also discovered that the internal strength within his body did not move at will all the time; it alternated between fast and slow, as well as smooth and stagnant. (Chapter 10).

His 6MSJ was affected by the condition described above (and not vice-versa); hence, the 6MSJ also worked "sometimes".

About Xuzhu: I'll talk about him when I annotate that part of the book.

In the meantime, you might want to visit the Facts and Figures of DGSD for detailed information that will help answer your questions. More specifically, read the Martial Arts of DGSD. Also, read the People of DGSD for information relating to Duan Yu and other characters.
    Last edited by HuangYushi; 10-20-06 at 03:58 AM.
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!