Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes

linderman doesn't seem to be peter/nathan's father, esp not after this last episodes. i do wonder if syler really is able to cut peter's head off...

and mohinder can't die!

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying
    linderman doesn't seem to be peter/nathan's father, esp not after this last episodes. i do wonder if syler really is able to cut peter's head off...

and mohinder can't die!
    I don't think so, do you remember when future Hiro meet Peter in the underground, he said, you look different without your scar, I guess the scar that Hiro mention is the one Peter got from his confrontation with Sylar.

I also read from Mr. Kring (sp) interview saying that Peter's power will be so powerful and scary, it will make sylar look like a kid. I'm guessing that Peter is going to be the central-main character like Jake Bauer in 24, where we got a different heroes and different plot or story arc for each season like 24, but still maintaining a certain set of central characters.

However the more I thought about it, maybe Peter will be killed because a character that is so omnipotent like Peter will be an overkill of a tv series. Well unless supervillain from another dimension or galaxy such as Galactus, Onslaught or something invading earth, than Peter can have a worthy opponent. Otherwise all villain in the future series will look like an ant in Peter's eye.
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 03-06-07 at 06:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    I don't think so, do you remember when future Hiro meet Peter in the underground, he said, you look different without your scar, I guess the scar that Hiro mention is the one Peter got from his confrontation with Sylar.

I also read from Mr. Kring (sp) interview saying that Peter's power will be so powerful and scary, it will make sylar look like a kid. I'm guessing that Peter is going to be the central-main character like Jake Bauer in 24, where we got a different heroes and different plot or story arc for each season like 24, but still maintaining a certain set of central characters.

However the more I thought about it, maybe Peter will be killed because a character that is so omnipotent like Peter will be an overkill of a tv series. Well unless supervillain from another dimension or galaxy such as Galactus, Onslaught or something invading earth, than Peter can have a worthy opponent. Otherwise all villain in the future series will look like an ant in Peter's eye.
    After you have just revealed the "spoiler" I am becoming very much afraid for Peter. The one whose head is likely to get cut off seems to be Peter!!!!Looks like that's how he got the scar from.......Nonono....thats not I want the direction of the show to be.......The directors are so cruel to plan an implant of the scar. That will certainly ruin his handsome face

I want to see Peter kick Sylar's butt and not the other way round..........Hopefully he won't die

Anyway as for who is the more powerful character, I can't really figure out. Peter's advantage is that he can absorb Sylar's power while Sylar could not immediately absorb his power....Therefore if they were to meet, Peter has more access of power...However since Sylar is able to understand the mechanism of the power and it is permanent, he will defitenely know how to control the power better than Peter.... If Peter is able figure out how to use his powers well, Sylar would be in big trouble...

This Peter vs Sylar showdown is really interesting......Hopefully the producers forgotten all about the scar. If not hopefully the scar can make him more attractive....

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    I'm guessing that Peter is going to be the central-main character like Jake Bauer in 24, .
    Funny that you mention Bauer......

Quote Originally Posted by Dendroid King
    This Peter vs Sylar showdown is really interesting......Hopefully the producers forgotten all about the scar. If not hopefully the scar can make him more attractive....
    Ugh the episode ended with Peter at Sylar's mercy! But since he can heal naturally by evoking Claire's ability why would he have a scar?

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by jade_frosts
    Ugh the episode ended with Peter at Sylar's mercy! But since he can heal naturally by evoking Claire's ability why would he have a scar?
    If you watch from previous eps, Peter is still not being in control his power, which one to use, or how to use etc, well maybe IMO he can re-grow his head but leave the scar just as a remembrance of how evil sylar is.

Peter also doesn't absorb other peoples power, he copy the ability and can use them permanently, he just doesn't know how to use it properly. This just like the Sharingan, however while Sharingan is just an illusion, Peter just doesn't do immitation he just have that capability directly absorb the ability into his gene. Imagine the Power of Sylar, but without cutting the head, its wireless ability transfer with unlimited bandwidth....
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 03-06-07 at 02:04 PM.

Oh no. There is going to be a long break before the next episode screens. 5-7 weeks!!! How can they leave us hanging and worrying for Peter's fate!!!

Well, apparently the next episode airs on April 23. Why the long wait again?
    Last edited by jade_frosts; 03-06-07 at 01:31 PM.

Oh no. There is going to be a long break before the next episode screens. 5-7 weeks!!! How can they leave us hanging and worrying for Peter's fate!!!

Well, apparently the next episode airs on April 23. Why the long wait again?
    Maybe they're taking their time writing the episodes to keep the story quality high. A series with very twisted multiple plot lines like this one could get turned into garbage quite easily.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    Maybe they're taking their time writing the episodes to keep the story quality high. A series with very twisted multiple plot lines like this one could get turned into garbage quite easily.
    I hope so!

Mrs Petrelli has a family full of superheroes. Her two sons and granddaugther. I wonder whether she knows more than she's let on. Maybe there's more than a business link back to Linderman.

maybe she's like a secret professor X

i'm thinking now linderman proabably also has some type of genetic superability

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying
    maybe she's like a secret professor X
    No she is the Super-Granny, lol, just kidding

I was channel surfing this evening when I came across Austin Powers in Goldmember. In the scenes where Austin, his female partner and his father were chasing Goldmember in their Mini they crash into a parade float with Godzilla on it. As they are moving along inside the float, two Japanese guys run up and comment on Godzilla. One of the actors is the guy that plays Hiro!

Quote Originally Posted by .DotPoint.
    That's it! Very funny dialog.

Heroes reminds me of 4400. Both have characters that suddenly develope special powers and these suddenly development of powers have a purpose that impact the future.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

What i didn't like about heroes was that seemingly everyone just had powers... there wasn't a really good introduction... Also how everyone is interconnected through blood or other means... But its still a great tv series. I reckon Peter > Hiro > Sylar.
    爱是最最奇幻的魔术
    让人都要对它趋之若鹜
    这场魔术都是要结束
    真爱是箭在弦上不认输

weird thing is that Mr. Petrelli didn't seem to have any powers? Well that's what I seemed to have gotten when reading the comics...did you see what Linderman's power was?
    Currently watching:
    K-dramas Resurrection/Rebirth, Wedding, Farewell to Tears, Rosy Life, Immortal Yi Soon Shin
    C-drama Fairytale of Twin Swords

Heroes returns next week!

http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/video/vide...html#mea=80720

Present and Future Hiro meet. Nathan meets Claire. Claire appears as a brunette. Mohinder delivers bad news to Mrs Petrelli.

Heroes returns next week!

http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/video/vide...html#mea=80720

Present and Future Hiro meet. Nathan meets Claire. Claire appears as a brunette. Mohinder delivers bad news to Mrs Petrelli.
    the final 5 chapters? what'll happen after then? new story

They've signed on for a second season though...
    Hope it doesn't follow the trail of Lost where they just drag the series on and on....

UPDATE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rf4P7YrHBM

Insight into Linderman's (Supposed) Power
    Last edited by .DotPoint.; 04-22-07 at 12:43 AM.
    I'm cold, wet and incredibly grouchy.