Thread: How good was Lu Zhanyuan?

Default How good was Lu Zhanyuan?

At the beginning of the Return of the Condor Heroes, we saw that Li Mo Chou managed to kill Lu Liding and his wife rather easily. However, I suppose Lu Zhanyuan was surely better than his brother in term of martial arts as it states in ROCH that:

"The two of them [Lu Luding and his wife] thought that although Lu Liding is not a famous name, his brother Lu Zhanyuan’s and his wife He Yuanjun’s valour was famous throughout the Jianghu world, the Lu manor of Jiaxing was a name that everyone in the Jianghu realm respected."

Could Lu Zhanyuan manage to win in the fight with Li Mo Chou?

This would be a hard question due to Lu Zhanyuan's martial art techniques aren't really mentioned in the novel, but from his fame one would believe he can defeat Li Mo Chou.

If Lu Zhanyuan was powerful enough to match ROCH Li Mochou, then he should be included in the Ultimate Ranking of Jin Yong Universe.

Anyway, what EXACTLY are the details we know about this man, Lu Zhanyuan?
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

What was the level of that monk from Dali at the beginning of ROCH? THe one killed by LMC?

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywu
    What was the level of that monk from Dali at the beginning of ROCH? THe one killed by LMC?
    I don't know about his martial arts level (good enough to defeat young Lee Mok Sau and Mo 3 Tung, however, so couldn't have been too shabby), but he wasn't killed by Lee Mok Sau in the novel (as far as I know). He simply never showed up or was mentioned again.

Didn't LMC try to trash the wedding or something of LZY? Doesn't that mean she and Wu have no fear of fighting those at the meeting (or whatever)?
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Quote Originally Posted by Thai guy
    At the beginning of the Return of the Condor Heroes, we saw that Li Mo Chou managed to kill Lu Liding and his wife rather easily. However, I suppose Lu Zhanyuan was surely better than his brother in term of martial arts as it states in ROCH that:

"The two of them [Lu Luding and his wife] thought that although Lu Liding is not a famous name, his brother Lu Zhanyuan’s and his wife He Yuanjun’s valour was famous throughout the Jianghu world, the Lu manor of Jiaxing was a name that everyone in the Jianghu realm respected."

Could Lu Zhanyuan manage to win in the fight with Li Mo Chou?
    I found some more insights on Lu Zhanyuan. Before his death, he told his brother "the most competent martial artists that I had ever met, are the students of Reverend Yideng." So, from this statement, I personally think the martial arts of Wu Santong and Zhu Ziliu should be superior to Lu Zhanyuan.

Being renowned in the martial world doesn't really hold much prestidge in Jin Yong universe. People like Shi Qing and IMPARTIAL JUDGE Shan Zheng were deeply respected in the martial world, but their martial arts level I would not think are Li Mochou-calibre.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

I seriously doubt Lu Zhanyuan and He Yuanjun could beat Li Mochou. Li was a very cunning and crafty opponent, and would never pick a fight she couldn't win. The need to set the grace period when the Lu family was under the protection of the Dali monk meant that without the monk's intervention, Li would have murdered the Lu couple way before she did. If she had that intention, then she must have been able to beat them.. probably all four of them (brothers two and their wives).

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    IMPARTIAL JUDGE Shan Zheng .

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.........
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!