+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 187

Thread: Tsukamoto Takashi

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,189

    Default

    Let me know if you are interested and I can make copies of the dramas for you (I hope I can because the Psychometrer Eiji disc condition might not be that good). You just need to pay for the cost of the discs and postage.

    Oh the lists comprise singers too that's why both of you may not be familiar with the names. I do agree with your observations on TakaC but I think it's a tough jostle for lead roles when there are so many male actors around - those estalished ones and those breaking through the ranks. Management agency clout plays an important part as well as star power and personality. Somehow, some people are trying to make Hayami Mokomichi one of those next big male stars but I say I'd have TakaC anytime. Maybe things will be better next year?

    Fukuyama Masaharu's popularity is astounding considering how often he appears in dramas. However, he's also an accomplished singer and songwriter.

    And here's another poll, by the popular AnAn and CanCam magazines:

    Favourite Man 2006, AnAn
    1. Kimura Takuya
    2. Fukuyama Masaharu
    3. Nakai Masahiro
    4. Okada Junichi
    5. Kamenashi Kazuya
    6. Kusanagi Tsuyoshi
    7. Tsumabuki Satoshi
    8. Kattori Shingo
    9. Inagaki Goro
    10. Sakaguchi Kenji

    Favourite Man 2006, CanCam
    1. Koike Teppei
    2. Fukuyama Masaharu
    3. Mokomichi Hayami
    4. Tamaki Hiroshi
    5. Akanishi Jin
    6. Okada Junichi
    7. Yamashita Tomohisa
    8. Kimura Takuya
    9. Sakaguchi Kenji
    10. Tsumabuki Satoshi

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    6,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jade_frosts
    Let me know if you are interested and I can make copies of the dramas for you (I hope I can because the Psychometrer Eiji disc condition might not be that good). You just need to pay for the cost of the discs and postage.

    Oh the lists comprise singers too that's why both of you may not be familiar with the names. I do agree with your observations on TakaC but I think it's a tough jostle for lead roles when there are so many male actors around - those estalished ones and those breaking through the ranks. Management agency clout plays an important part as well as star power and personality. Somehow, some people are trying to make Hayami Mokomichi one of those next big male stars but I say I'd have TakaC anytime. Maybe things will be better next year?

    Fukuyama Masaharu's popularity is astounding considering how often he appears in dramas. However, he's also an accomplished singer and songwriter.

    And here's another poll, by the popular AnAn and CanCam magazines:

    Favourite Man 2006, AnAn
    1. Kimura Takuya
    2. Fukuyama Masaharu
    3. Nakai Masahiro
    4. Okada Junichi
    5. Kamenashi Kazuya
    6. Kusanagi Tsuyoshi
    7. Tsumabuki Satoshi
    8. Kattori Shingo
    9. Inagaki Goro
    10. Sakaguchi Kenji

    Favourite Man 2006, CanCam
    1. Koike Teppei
    2. Fukuyama Masaharu
    3. Mokomichi Hayami
    4. Tamaki Hiroshi
    5. Akanishi Jin
    6. Okada Junichi
    7. Yamashita Tomohisa
    8. Kimura Takuya
    9. Sakaguchi Kenji
    10. Tsumabuki Satoshi
    Teppei is no 1 on the Cancam list?!!
    He's cute as a boy but...I don't know.

    Also, how come some artists feature only on 1 list but not on the other? surely, Japanese women's taste can't fluctuate that much.

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    6,254

    Default

    btw, even if you are not featured on these lists, it does not mean that the artists are not popular, right? it just means they are not as widely popular? as in Jade's words.

    Even if you belong to the exclusive group of widely popular league like I assume Kame is...heard that his recent drama's ratings were not doing well at all...
    Last edited by strawberry; 11-18-06 at 11:28 AM.

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    Teppei is no 1 on the Cancam list?!!
    He's cute as a boy but...I don't know.

    Also, how come some artists feature only on 1 list but not on the other? surely, Japanese women's taste can't fluctuate that much.
    Haha yes I really don't know how Teppei got there. I'm just presuming, and I may be wrong, that the two magazines have different audiences, hence the more 'mature' choices in AnAn versus CanCam. Polls aren't exactly the best indicator, but they do give some indications of trends. Are you talking about Kame's latest one, Tatta Hitotsu no Koi (Just One Love)? I think it is pulling in average ratings for the slot it is in as compared to Sapuri, which was a definite bomb.

    TakaC with V6's Okada Junichi, Arashi's Sakurai Sho, Sato Ryuta and Okada Yoshinori in the title theme, Seaside Bye Bye, for Kisazaru Cat's Eye (movie version) which opened in late October: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwEAUZPOmvU

    TakaC in CM as part of Kisarazu Cat's Eye promo tie-up with Shiseido for Uno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD8CcsaQEjM

  5. #45
    Senior Member Lady Zhuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jade_frosts
    Let me know if you are interested and I can make copies of the dramas for you (I hope I can because the Psychometrer Eiji disc condition might not be that good). You just need to pay for the cost of the discs and postage.
    Thanks so much for the offer; I will certainly keep it in mind. I also came across a dealer who sells the Psychometrer Eiji series on eBay although I'm not sure about the quality.

    Even though TSA's a flop, this year hasn't been too bad for TakaC considering he did have a supporting role in the wonderful KDO and released a catchy third single. I didn't see any new projects featuring TakaC in your posts about upcoming Japanese dramas for next season. Has there been any news about what he will be working on next? I'm looking forward to the release of the film The Longest Night in Shanghai. TakaC seems to have a Shanghai connection.

    Thanks for the Kisazaru Cat's Eye clips. Have you seen the serial? It seems pretty crazy, but I'm definitely interested in watching it.

    From these polls, it seems like a popular trend from this year is Iryu's leading male cast. Both Sasaki Kuranosuke and Sakaguchi Kenji are on the list of male artistes females most want to marry (Why is Abe Hiroshi not on that list? I mean, who wouldn't want to marry a guy like Kuwano? ) while Teppei tops the favorite man list on CanCam! Who's this Tokoro George guy? He doesn't look like he'd be very popular, but apparently he's deemed to be very marriable material.

    How are Japanese drama ratings categorized? I mean, are there % thresholds for hit series vs. bombs? Are time slots and broadcast stations very significant factors as well? I'm curious as to how that works in Japan vs. the United States.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    6,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jade_frosts
    Haha yes I really don't know how Teppei got there. I'm just presuming, and I may be wrong, that the two magazines have different audiences, hence the more 'mature' choices in AnAn versus CanCam. Polls aren't exactly the best indicator, but they do give some indications of trends. Are you talking about Kame's latest one, Tatta Hitotsu no Koi (Just One Love)? I think it is pulling in average ratings for the slot it is in as compared to Sapuri, which was a definite bomb.

    TakaC with V6's Okada Junichi, Arashi's Sakurai Sho, Sato Ryuta and Okada Yoshinori in the title theme, Seaside Bye Bye, for Kisazaru Cat's Eye (movie version) which opened in late October: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwEAUZPOmvU

    TakaC in CM as part of Kisarazu Cat's Eye promo tie-up with Shiseido for Uno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD8CcsaQEjM
    I thought both Kame's show did not do very well...well at least the current one the ratings doing ok now..I heard the first 2 episodes were not doing that well.

  7. #47
    Senior Member Lady Zhuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,510

    Default TakaC on Ayu Ready Rockers

    Part 1: http://youtube.com/watch?v=pp69Xt3yyXo

    Part 2: http://youtube.com/watch?v=D6tUtW_pUp0

    Part 3: http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZuX3yejSIgk

    Part 4: http://youtube.com/watch?v=MldZC16_OXo

    Part 5: http://youtube.com/watch?v=QbRQCKmg9bE

    Food tasting contest portion when TakaC was wiped out in the first round: http://youtube.com/watch?v=6LvM67yw6Ys

    There were also 2 other guests, one of whom is quite handsome and looks a bit like a young Chow Yun Fat. I don't know his name, but apparently he's a singer too.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    Has there been any news about what he will be working on next? I'm looking forward to the release of the film The Longest Night in Shanghai. TakaC seems to have a Shanghai connection.

    Thanks for the Kisazaru Cat's Eye clips. Have you seen the serial? It seems pretty crazy, but I'm definitely interested in watching it.

    From these polls, it seems like a popular trend from this year is Iryu's leading male cast. Both Sasaki Kuranosuke and Sakaguchi Kenji are on the list of male artistes females most want to marry (Why is Abe Hiroshi not on that list? I mean, who wouldn't want to marry a guy like Kuwano? ) while Teppei tops the favorite man list on CanCam! Who's this Tokoro George guy? He doesn't look like he'd be very popular, but apparently he's deemed to be very marriable material.

    How are Japanese drama ratings categorized? I mean, are there % thresholds for hit series vs. bombs? Are time slots and broadcast stations very significant factors as well? I'm curious as to how that works in Japan vs. the United States.
    I haven't heard of any new TakaC drama projects at the moment but I'll definitely post news here once it reaches my ears. I'm most sad to report that Hayami Mokomichi has gotten a lead role on FujiTV's 9pm Monday slot. This is supposed to be the most popular drama slot with drama episodes averaging more than 20% in viewership ratings, but of late, it has lost its shine. Recent examples include Sapuri.

    I haven't even watched the Kisazaru Cat's Eyes drama much less the movie. My friend described the drama as bizarre. I'm not sure what to make of it, but until I get my hands on a copy, I'll just have to keep wondering.

    Polls aren't very accurate, are they? They don't even have the men I'd love to see on the charts, Abe Hiroshi included. And Teppei as most favourite guy? Gee ... it's a little hard to buy that.

    I'm not too sure about the science behind Japanese drama ratings. What I do know is that ratings are usually drawn from audiences in the Kanto (Tokyo) and Kansai (Osaka) regions because they are thought to be representative of the entire Japanese population, however, when the ratings are quoted, most times it is the Kanto region's ratings which might not be an accurate reflection because audiences in Kanto seem to have a preference for trendy dramas influenced by pop culture while audiences in Kansai seem to favour the reverse. Popular time slots are 9pm and 10pm but I don't think the broadcast station (the main broadcasters are FujiTV, TBS, NTV, Asahi TV, NHK) matters as much as the genre. Given the current trend, hits would probably be dramas that score an average rating of 20% or more while bombs would be those that skim dangerously close to 5% i.e. the two dramas Shimokita Sundays and Regatta in the summer season this year.
    Last edited by jade_frosts; 12-04-06 at 08:16 AM.

  9. #49
    Senior Member Lady Zhuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,510

    Default

    Speaking of skimming close to 5%, a couple of episodes of TSA have done just that. I think I will still continue to watch it after finals are over. Maki and TakaC starring in the same drama is just too good to pass up even if everything else is subpar. I've also heard it gets better after about episode 5, so maybe there's still some hope. I want to watch Kisazaru Cat's Eye during break too. It seems like people either really enjoy it or find it too strange to swallow. I guess it depends on your sense of humor.

    Thanks for your interpretation of Japanese drama ratings, jade. Hayami Mokomichi is fortunate to get the leading role in a nice time slot despite not drawing much of an audience in his last drama.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    6,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    Speaking of skimming close to 5%, a couple of episodes of TSA have done just that. I think I will still continue to watch it after finals are over. Maki and TakaC starring in the same drama is just too good to pass up even if everything else is subpar. I've also heard it gets better after about episode 5, so maybe there's still some hope. I want to watch Kisazaru Cat's Eye during break too. It seems like people either really enjoy it or find it too strange to swallow. I guess it depends on your sense of humor.

    Thanks for your interpretation of Japanese drama ratings, jade. Hayami Mokomichi is fortunate to get the leading role in a nice time slot despite not drawing much of an audience in his last drama.
    Are you saying that that Maki and Takashi' new drama is not doing well?

  11. #51
    Senior Member Lady Zhuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    Are you saying that that Maki and Takashi' new drama is not doing well?
    Most of its episode ratings have been below 10% so yeah, it hasn't been doing well.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

  12. #52
    Senior Member Lady Zhuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,510

    Default

    Is it true that the last episode of TSA was cut due to poor ratings? Can that happen...? It'd be unfair to those who actually followed the show.



    Has anyone watched the film Midnight Sun/Song to the Sun starring Yui and TakaC? There's also a drama version with Erika Sawajiri and Takayuki Yamada.

    Trailer: http://youtube.com/watch?v=0CfN9wgrf...elated&search=
    Clip:http://youtube.com/watch?v=twnF2H6nJ...elated&search=
    Part 1: http://youtube.com/watch?v=5gwMS-4hwQU
    Part 2: http://youtube.com/watch?v=VIiBfujKVSI
    Part 3: http://youtube.com/watch?v=JQfiP4Uf19s

    Hopefully the rest will be uploaded soon.

    The theme song Goodbye Days by Yui is very nice. She's so talented!

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=jZkIN-nQ9...elated&search=
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=CoKEUkNmavA
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 12-13-06 at 02:02 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

  13. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    6,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    Is it true that the last episode of TSA was cut due to poor ratings? Can that happen...? It'd be unfair to those who actually followed the show.

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=CoKEUkNmavA
    That will be so sad...I don't understand why it did not do well...was the serial actually enjoyable? Did you find it good?

  14. #54
    Senior Member Lady Zhuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    That will be so sad...I don't understand why it did not do well...was the serial actually enjoyable? Did you find it good?
    I'm not sure if that's true, but given how short Japanese series are in general, it'd be pretty pointless. What if something important were to happen in the final episode?

    I've only watched 2 episodes so far and it's true that the serial is not very good. Of course I like the main cast, but the storyline is uninteresting and lacks creative juices. Hopefully it'll get better 'cause I still plan on watching the whole darn thing.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

  15. #55
    Senior Member Lady Zhuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,510

    Talking

    Here's an interview with TakaC from back in May of this year regarding the filming of The Longest Night in Shanghai and other stuff. It's interesting to get some insight into the guy behind the eyecandy. I like his honesty, although it almost got him into some hot water.



    Chinese Reporter (R): Can you tell us how it felt to work with Zhao Wei?

    TakaC (T): Actually, we don't have much screentime together. Before coming to China, I had no idea how popular she is. laughs

    R: You've made a lot of Japanese series; for instance...*mentions a couple*. How did you get into the acting business? Was it like a lot of Japanese idols, via discovery?

    T: Actually, I've never considered myself an idol. I'm only an actor. At first I didn't really think about pursuing an acting career. My parents were the ones who pushed me in this direction (laughs), perhaps because they thought I'm gifted in this area. It was after I finished filming Battle Royale that I found acting to be very interesting and decided to pursue this field seriously.

    R: You will be portraying young Kitano Takeshi in a serial based on his autobiography. How do you feel about him?

    T: Kitano Takeshi is both Japan's and the world's. Through playing him, I realized how hardworking he is. He's studied tap dancing and xiang sheng (a form of Chinese comedy), and it's endeavors like these that have made him who he is today. I've learned a lot about human experiences from him.

    R: You will also be filming a movie based off of the classic Hong Kong film C'est la Vie, Mon Cherie. How will they differ?

    T: Yan Pai's film is called A Song to the Sun. I haven't seen the Hong Kong version, so I can't say.

    R: Then what kind of Chinese movies do you like to watch?

    T: I haven't watched any.

    R: You haven't watched any films directed by Zhang Yi Mou, Chen Kai Ge, or ones starring Zhang Zi Yi?

    T: Nope. I don't watch movies because of directors or how popular a thespian is. I only watch the ones I'm interested in.

    R: So are you saying you're not interested in Chinese movies?

    T: That's not what I meant. Maybe it's because I have so few opportunities to see Chinese movies in Japan. The Chinese films highly publicized in Japan don't really interest me.

    http://ent.enorth.com.cn/system/2006...01303909.shtml

    I wish I knew Japanese, as it's so hard to find English or Chinese interviews with TakaC.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 05-01-07 at 01:11 AM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

  16. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    I wish I knew Japanese, as it's so hard to find English or Chinese interviews with TakaC.
    Haha isn't that an incentive to start learning Japanese now? I will try to help translate any that I see although I don't really follow Japanese entertainment news all the time.

    It was previously reported that Takashi previously dated Takako Tokiwa! I was wondering whether that was a printing error, a really wild rumour or the truth.

  17. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    6,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    Here's an interview with TakaC from back in May of this year regarding the filming of The Longest Night in Shanghai and other stuff. It's interesting to get some insight into the guy behind the eyecandy. I like his honesty, although it almost got him into some hot water.



    Chinese Reporter (R): Can you tell us how it felt to work with Zhao Wei?

    TakaC (T): Actually, we don't have much screentime together. Before coming to China, I had no idea how popular she is. *smiles*

    R: You've made alot of Japanese series; for instance...*mentions a couple*. How did you get into the acting business? Was it like alot of Japanese idols, via discovery?

    T: Actually, I've never considered myself an idol. I'm only an actor. At first I didn't really think about pursuing an acting career. My parents were the ones who pushed me in this direction (*smiles*), perhaps because they thought I'm gifted in this area. It was after I finished filming Battle Royale that I found acting to be very interesting and decided to pursue this field seriously.

    R: You will be portraying young Kitano Takeshi in a serial based on his autobiography. How do you feel about him?

    T: Kitano Takeshi is both Japan's and the world's. From playing him, I realized how hardworking he is. He's studied tap dancing and xiang sheng (a form of Chinese comedy), and it's endeavors like these that have made him who he is today. I've learned alot about human experiences from him.

    R: You will also be filming a movie based off of our classic Hong Kong film C'est la Vie, Mon Cherie. How will they differ?

    T: Yan Pai's film is called A Song to the Sun. I haven't seen the Hong Kong version, so I can't say.

    R: Then what kind of Chinese movies do you like to watch?

    T: I haven't watched any.

    R: You haven't watched any films directed by Zhang Yi Mou, Chen Kai Ge, or ones starring Zhang Ziyi?

    T: Nope. I don't watch movies because of directors or how popular a thespian is. I only watch the ones I'm interested in.

    R: So are you saying you're not interested in our Chinese movies?

    T: That's not what I meant. Maybe it's because I have so few opportunities to see Chinese movies in Japan. The Chinese films highly publicized in Japan don't really interest me.

    http://ent.enorth.com.cn/system/2006...01303909.shtml

    I wish I knew Japanese, as it's so hard to find English or Chinese interviews with TakaC.
    I know exactly what you mean..I also wish I could understand Yamapi and Arashi's interviews in Japanese, esp in Japanese Mags. You know what, I like his honesty too.

  18. #58
    Senior Member Lady Zhuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jade_frosts
    Haha isn't that an incentive to start learning Japanese now? I will try to help translate any that I see although I don't really follow Japanese entertainment news all the time.

    It was previously reported that Takashi previously dated Takako Tokiwa! I was wondering whether that was a printing error, a really wild rumour or the truth.
    I have incentives to learn and/or improve on alot of things. Thank you very much in advance; I would really really really appreciate that.

    *googles Takako Tokiwa* Oh, she was that actress who starred with Leslie Cheung in Moonlight Express! Does Takashi prefer women who are more mature? I read somewhere else that his ideal girl was this younger singer whose name I can't recall right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    I know exactly what you mean..I also wish I could understand Yamapi and Arashi's interviews in Japanese, esp in Japanese Mags. You know what, I like his honesty too.
    He seems to be the type who knows himself well and won't bend to externally imposed expectations. I think some of the roles he's taken on reflects this as well.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

  19. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,189

    Default

    Last edited by jade_frosts; 12-14-06 at 11:56 AM.

  20. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,189

    Default

    For you, Lady Zhuge, the many gorgeous sides of Takashi













    Last edited by jade_frosts; 12-14-06 at 11:57 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. Sorimachi Takashi: Why Are you So HOT?
    By Suet Seung in forum Actors
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-15-08, 08:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts