Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Tsukamoto Takashi

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    btw, I heard that the japanese guys pluck their eyebrows...do you think people like Takashi and Yamapi does it? Actually, I don't seemed to be able to tell very well.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they did. Being in the entertainment business, looks are particularly important. I'll get back to your other questions later, strawberry.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/Robin524/Takashi%20Tsukamoto/TT11.jpg?t=1166858745')
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Thks..btw that dated picture of that pair of best friends, I can't even tell that's Takashi!

Actually, I don't really see the importance of plucking your brows...though one of my friend insist it makes a lot of difference...

Thks..btw that dated picture of that pair of best friends, I can't even tell that's Takashi!
    I can tell it's Taka even though his face hadn't quite filled out yet. Those naturally voluptuous red lips are a dead giveaway.

Actually, I don't really see the importance of plucking your brows...though one of my friend insist it makes a lot of difference...
    I think eyebrows do contribute significantly to one's overall appearance, especially bad ones that can make a person look tired and haggard or mean and ferocious. Clean and neat ones that complement the rest of a person's facial features are obviously best. It's probably not as important for men as it is for women, though. Some people I know claim they'd have a unibrow if they didn't wax/tweeze their eyebrows.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Lady Zhuge,

You have posted so much stuff here and I know that everything is prob a must see for you but I was wondering if you really had to recommend some must-see Takshi clips esp his interviews, which ones would that be? its just like my sis saying that there are some must see Arashi clips if you are a fan.

Also what is the coolest role that he has played so far? and in your opinion, what is the single best serial of Takashi that non-fans should try
    There are a couple of his interviews on youtube, but not with English subs. I would especially like to find a subbed version of this one. The user who'd uploaded a subbed version actually had his/her account suspended. Unfortunately, there just aren't nearly as many Taka clips as, say, Yamapi ones.

My Taka repertoire is not quite up to par. So far I've seen Kekkon Dekinai Otoko, Stand Up, Tiger & Dragon, Battle Royale, and parts of About Love and Teppan Shoujo Akane. I got Kisarazu Cat's Eye since he's supposed to have a significant part in it and if I like the serial, I'll watch the movie(s) too. He's also in one episode of Gokusen and has a minor role in Summer Snow, so when I watch those, I'll get to see him as well. I still have to finish TSA and watch A Song to the Sun.

I know I've lamented about this previously, but the sad thing is that Taka is in so many productions, but hardly ever in a leading role. That's why it's difficult to recommend anything to a non-fan in hopes that s/he'll feel the same way about Taka since although a significant contributing factor, I wouldn't say he's the primary reason a particular drama is so excellent and worth watching if you're not a fan. It's kind of hard to explain, but with that said, the best Taka serial I've seen so far is definitely KDO, followed by Tiger & Dragon. Character-wise, I like Eiji from KDO and Mimura from Battle Royale the most. As for the coolest role, it's really hard to say since he's such a pro at playing cool characters.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 12-23-06 at 04:36 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Lady Zhuge, thks for your replies and Merry Christmas!

Thank you, strawberry. I would like to wish everyone (you and jade_frosts in particular) a Merry Christmas and happy holiday season! I've really enjoyed our exchanges in various threads and thank you guys for supporting Taka and this thread.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

"Here's lookin' at you, kid."

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/Robin524/Takashi%20Tsukamoto/TT20.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/Robin524/Takashi%20Tsukamoto/TT22.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/Robin524/Takashi%20Tsukamoto/TT22a.jpg')

Have Taka and Tamaki ever been in a production together? Or maybe they're just friends?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/Robin524/Takashi%20Tsukamoto/TakaTama.jpg')
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hello everybody.
    I'm new around here, and I actually joined specifically to talk in this thread.
    I've been unsuccessful trying to find English and/or Chinese forums for Takashi, other than his LJ community.

Re: Takashi & Tamaki. They both took part in ROCKERS, and I'm assuming from Takashi's hair that this photoshoot was somewhere around that time.

Quote Originally Posted by ryo-x-pi
    Hello everybody.
    I'm new around here, and I actually joined specifically to talk in this thread.
    I've been unsuccessful trying to find English and/or Chinese forums for Takashi, other than his LJ community.

Re: Takashi & Tamaki. They both took part in ROCKERS, and I'm assuming from Takashi's hair that this photoshoot was somewhere around that time.
    Hi and welcome, ryo-x-pi! From your username I would have guessed you were more of a Ryo/Yamapi fan. Thanks for answering my question. I'm still a relatively new fan of Taka as you can see. How did you come to know about Taka and what appeals to you most about him?

If you're looking for a Chinese forum, have you tried baidu? I posted a link to Taka's bar in the opening post. He seems to have a rather strong following over there. I hope you'll stick around here and help support this thread, though.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    Hi and welcome, ryo-x-pi! From your username I would have guessed you were more of a Ryo/Yamapi fan. Thanks for answering my question. I'm still a relatively new fan of Taka as you can see. How did you come to know about Taka and what appeals to you most about him?

If you're looking for a Chinese forum, have you tried baidu? I posted a link to Taka's bar in the opening post. He seems to have a rather strong following over there. I hope you'll stick around here and help support this thread, though.
    Hello! *waves*
    Yes you're right, I'm a RyoPi fan, although I like Taka just as much.
    I only knew of Taka this summer after watching Stand Up, and I actually first noticed how annoying (in a good way) his character was. Obviously the looks attracted me first, but I totally give him credit for his acting. Give him any role and he'll fit in it like it's tailor made. Perhaps he's one of the few natural-born actors.

I've been to Baidu, but it's relatively quiet there. I saw the post about a new Chinese Taka forum though, dunno if that one will stay alive or not. And I also go to Zane's blog for new scans.

Hello! *waves*
    I only knew of Taka this summer after watching Stand Up, and I actually first noticed how annoying (in a good way) his character was. Obviously the looks attracted me first, but I totally give him credit for his acting. Give him any role and he'll fit in it like it's tailor made. Perhaps he's one of the few natural-born actors.

I've been to Baidu, but it's relatively quiet there. I saw the post about a new Chinese Taka forum though, dunno if that one will stay alive or not. And I also go to Zane's blog for new scans.
    Hi ryo-x-pi,

I just noticed that your profile says that you are a guy..not that there's anything wrong but its just so rare..we hardly came across any male fans of Japanese artists here so far...you might actually be the very first one...anyway, welcome to the thread and forum! claps claps...

btw, there's a Yamapi thread here as well.
    Last edited by strawberry; 12-28-06 at 03:08 AM.

Hi ryo-x-pi,

I just noticed that your profile says that you are a guy..not that there's anything wrong but its just so rare..we hardly came across any male fans of Japanese artists here so far...you might actually be the very first one...anyway, welcome to the thread and forum! claps claps...

btw, there's a Yamapi thread here as well.
    Ah gomen...I AM FEMALE.
    I must've overlooked and clicked male. D:
    Oops. Actually it's not the first time that I've identified myself as male.

...though a lot of Japanese males seem to like Taka.

I'll eventually find my way to the Yamapi thread, though I'm sure it's got a lot more posts over there.

Hehe, I actually thought you were a guy too.

Hello! *waves*

True, I really like that about Taka. He's not just a pretty boy, but a gifted actor too. I only wish he would get the same opportunities some of the less well-rounded entertainers get. I may be somewhat biased here, but I didn't think he had nearly enough screentime in Stand Up to be annoying. What else have you seen him in and do you happen to have a favorite role?

I started out getting alot of information on and pictures of Taka at baidu by weeding through the numerous pages of threads, but you're right, there aren't really many new posts. It's the same deal at his thread at the JDorama forum and it'll probably happen here eventually as well. If you know of any other good links for Taka resources, please let me know so I can add 'em to the first post.

Here is Yamapi's thread. Yes it has many more posts, but it's not nearly as active as when it was first started. Threads are always in need of fresh blood.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hehe, I actually thought you were a guy too.

True, I really like that about Taka. He's not just a pretty boy, but a gifted actor too. I only wish he would get the same opportunities some of the less well-rounded entertainers get. I may be somewhat biased here, but I didn't think he had nearly enough screentime in Stand Up to be annoying. What else have you seen him in and do you happen to have a favorite role?

I started out getting alot of information on and pictures of Taka at baidu by weeding through the numerous pages of threads, but you're right, there aren't really many new posts. It's the same deal at his thread at the JDorama forum and it'll probably happen here eventually as well. If you know of any other good links for Taka resources, please let me know so I can add 'em to the first post.

Here is Yamapi's thread. Yes it has many more posts, but it's not nearly as active as when it was first started. Threads are always in need of fresh blood.

Oops, sorry for confusing everybody. I really should read carefully when I choose my gender. XD
    His character in Stand Up had me lawling, and he stood out from the rest of the characters.
    So far I've seen:
    - KCE
    - Stand Up
    - Manhattan Love Story
    - Fire Boys
    - Kekkon Dekinai Otoko
    - Teppan Shoujo Akane
    - Battle Royale
    - KCE Nihon Series
    - About Love
    - Shinku
    - Taiyou no Uta.
    I've also got Tiger & Dragon, ROCKERS, and Robocon, so I'll be watching those soon...I think.
    My favourite role would probably be either Shinobu in Manhattan Love Story or Ani in KCE.

Since Taka is working on a new movie, I thought I might throw this question out and see what you guys think. Do you guys prefer Taka in drama or in movie?
    I personally would prefer drama coz we get to see him more, but then in a way I'm being selfish coz I know movies can be the big breakthrough.

There are a couple of his interviews on youtube, but not with English subs. I would especially like to find a subbed version of this one. The user who'd uploaded a subbed version actually had his/her account suspended.
    Lady Zhuge, thanks for your christmas greetings! Since it's so late now, I'd like to wish you, Strawberry, Grifis and everyone else who've been active in the Japanese drama/artiste threads a Happy New Year.

My best translation effort of the interview you mentioned in an earlier post, specially for you, Lady Zhuge. Takashi's charm just grows and grows, particularly when one can read and see all these interviews.

Coicale Interview on Youtube
    - Self Introduction
    I'm Tsukamoto Takashi. My birthdate is 27 October 1982 and I'm 23 years old. My interests are guitar and snowboarding, etc.
    - How do you spend your off days
    Sleeping; Listening to music, watching tv at home ... if work wraps up early the day before, I'll go eating and drinking with friends.
    - What music do you like?
    I listen to genres like Classical, Jazz, Blues, Rock, Pop (He listens to everything!). I've been listening to Beastie Boys' newly released Best Album recently.
    - Do you have any style when it comes to your acting roles?
    Enjoyment. I don't have any particular way of portraying my roles. If the audience can enjoy and be moved by what I convey ... I think that is what a performer is.
    - The spirit of a performer is?
    I haven't given it any thought.
    - What would you do if you weren't an actor?
    Soccer. Since I was small ... probably around the age of 3, I started playing soccer. When I was in elementary school, the J-League was created and played to full crowds, and I like Kazu (Japanese soccer player Kazuyoshi Miura), admire him as a soccer player so I think I'd aim to be one.
    - If you won the lottery, what would you do?
    Hmm, what would I do? I think what can be bought with 300 million yen is probably a house. I don't like saving money so I always use it all up within a short while.
    - What kind of house do you want to live in?
    One that is easy to live in. I'm not really bothered whether the inside or outside of the house is beautiful or if there's lots of furniture. As long as it is a functional, cosy home and people can come and feel comfortable. I think such a place would be nice.
    - The kind of female would you want to live together in that house?
    Someone wifely. One who can cook, can do housework, likes (couldn't catch the word he used), and can understand her husband very well. I think such a wife, bride will be great.
    - How many children do you want?
    The more the better ... regardless of whether they're boys or girls.
    - How would you raise your children?
    Because they're my children, I will let them do what they want but it must be in a sensible manner. I think I'll be more strict with a daughter (grins). I think she'll definitely be my darling, be dear to me ... Mmm. I'll definitely do so.
    - Introduction of favourite things
    My favourite things are accessory related. I used to like Crazy Pig silver sometime back but, lately, I like simple, ah well not simple, things like Chrome Hearts. LIke this bracelet (shows his bracelet design) ... I've been matching these with my suits, casual clothes ... I think my style is more mature now. These are the things I like. Oh yeah, I've an earring too. Chrome Hearts. This is an introduction of my favourite things.
    - Tsukamoto Takashi information
    My latest work is the movie, Taki 183, which opens on 28 January 2006. It was shot in Shibuya. I think it was great that I could work together with all these people.
    Last edited by jade_frosts; 12-29-06 at 08:58 PM.

Since Taka is working on a new movie, I thought I might throw this question out and see what you guys think. Do you guys prefer Taka in drama or in movie?
    I personally would prefer drama coz we get to see him more, but then in a way I'm being selfish coz I know movies can be the big breakthrough.
    I definitely prefer Taka in series because of what you said, more screentime on the whole. Movies can be a big breakthrough, but so many things beyond his control would have to fall into place. For instance, I wonder if Letters from Iwo Jima could be Nino's big break given the international acclaim, the director, and of course the historical value of the storyline. Also, Taka doesn't come off as the type of actor who craves fame. Acting is a passion rather than an occupation for him. If one day he doesn't find enjoyment in it anymore (which will hopefully be never), I wouldn't be surprised if he ventures in another direction instead.

-----> Would you guys be so kind as to please please please help rectify my booboo and give Takashi 5 stars at Asianhunks.net? I didn't realize how the voting works and my cursor was accidentally hovering over the wrong star when I clicked... Any help in alleviating my guilt and spreading the word would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 12-29-06 at 01:49 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by jade_frosts
    Lady Zhuge, thanks for your christmas greetings! Since it's so late now, I'd like to wish you, Strawberry, Grifis and everyone else who've been active in the Japanese drama/artiste threads a Happy New Year.
    Thank you! Here's to the forthcoming new year.

Quote Originally Posted by jade_frosts
    My best translation effort of the interview you mentioned in an earlier post, specially for you, Lady Zhuge. Takashi's charm just grows and grows, particularly when one can read and see all these interviews.
    Wow jade, how did you know what I wanted for Christmas?!? I can't thank you enough, but arigatou arigatou arigatou gozaimasu! You're the best! I watched that interview many times just to observe Taka's oh-so-cute mannerisms, but it's so much better to actually understand what he's saying. It's so sweet what he said about his future children. He definitely seems to be the kind of person who doesn't just tell people what they want to hear, but always means what he says and admits when he doesn't know about something. No B.S., haha.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Dear Jade,

Thank you very much for the well-wishes...happy New Year too all!

I definitely prefer Taka in series because of what you said, more screentime on the whole. Movies can be a big breakthrough, but so many things beyond his control would have to fall into place. For instance, I wonder if Letters from Iwo Jima could be Nino's big break given the international acclaim, the director, and of course the historical value of the storyline. Also, Taka doesn't come off as the type of actor who craves fame. Acting is a passion rather than an occupation for him. If one day he doesn't find enjoyment in it anymore (which will hopefully be never), I wouldn't be surprised if he ventures in another direction instead.

-----> Would you guys be so kind as to please please please help rectify my booboo and give Takashi 5 stars at Asianhunks.net? I didn't realize how the voting works and my cursor was accidentally hovering over the wrong star when I clicked... Any help in alleviating my guilt and spreading the word would be greatly appreciated.
    Lady Zhuge, How do we even begin voting? I am not sure how to go about it...can you tell us the steps?

Me too, I prefer dramas for the screentime but as mentioned, movies could be their big breakthorugh so I guess I should not be selfish too.