Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 5 best fighters of jinyong?

1. Nightsoil Monk
    2. Barber Monk
    3. Toilet Monk
    4. Gardener Monk
    5. Sweeper Monk

Thats this four other Janitorial buddies of Sweeps we never saw...
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    1. Nightsoil Monk
    2. Barber Monk
    3. Toilet Monk
    4. Gardener Monk
    5. Sweeper Monk

Good grief! There are more of him?

*Faints*

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    1. Nightsoil Monk
    2. Barber Monk
    3. Toilet Monk
    4. Gardener Monk
    5. Sweeper Monk

Don't forget the Dishwasher Monk. I heard his palm strike can pierce through dimensions.

1) Sweeper Monk (DGSD)
    2) Du Gu Qiu Bai (ROCH)
    3) Shi Po Tian (XKX)
    4) Xu Zhu (DGSD)
    5) Wu Ya Zi (DGSD)

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    For those who are unfamiliar with Ah Qing, I had done an analysis on her a couple years back. Please peruse this thread as it is filled with a lot of useful information. If we disregard Lav's objection about excluding Sword of the Yueh Maiden from Jin Yong canon, I'm sure Ah Qing would be pretty up there in almost everyone's rankings.

Jin Yong had intended that short story to be part of a collection of myths and fantasy but since that was never completed, I think it's legitimate to consider it as part of canon. There aren't that many fantasy elements that differentiate it that much, if at all, from normal wuxia.

http://spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=10379
    Wow, Bliss certainly makes a strong case for Ah Qing being one of the most powerful JY fighters. Not only that, but her character is very interesting as well. A female protagonist on top of that.

After a brief research, it seems that Sword of the Yueh Maiden was written in 1970, the second to last novel written by JY, meaning that he was an experienced writer at the peak of his game when he wrote it.

And there's a translation for it at Wuxiapedia.com, whohoo! This is gonna be the next wuxia story I'll be reading for sure.

http://wuxiapedia.com/novels/jin_yon...he_yueh_maiden

A big thanks to the nice people at Wuxiapedia for translating and hosting the story, and to Bliss for a very interesting post on Ah Ching

Banned

Here are the ten best in my opinion. I'm gonna include the legendary figures as well.

1). The mysterious figure that carved the slime-like martial arts on the volcano of Xia Ke Island. ( later learned by Shi Potian in Ode to Gallery).

2). Janitor Monk

3). Demonic Swordsman Dugu Qiubai

4). The Eunich ( Writer of Sunflower Manual )

5). Huang Shang ( Writer of 9 Yin )

6). Shi Po Tian

7). Tian Shan Tong Lao/ Li Qiu Shui/ Wu Ya Zi

8). Xu Zhu/ Duan Yu

9). Xiao Feng/ Xiao Yuan Shan/ Mu Rong Bo/ Jiu MuZhi

10). Zhang San Feng

Those are the ten best fighters in my opinion. Regarding the guy that mentioned Ah Qing.......... I respect his opinion, but try putting Ah Qing against Dong Fang Bu Bai............. do u guys really think she would even see his attacks comming? I don't think so. And if Ah Qing fights someone like Xu Zhu or Janitor Monk she would get whooped.......
    Last edited by jackattack; 03-02-10 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Those are the ten best fighters in my opinion. Regarding the guy that mentioned Ah Qing.......... I respect his opinion, but try putting Ah Qing against Dong Fang Bu Bai............. do u guys really think she would even see his attacks comming? I don't think so. And if Ah Qing fights someone like Xu Zhu or Janitor Monk she would get whooped.......
    What are you basing this on? Why wouldn't she see DFBB's attacks coming? She was just as much a blur as he was. Disarming thousands of soldiers in a matter of moments with a bamboo stick? Who else had a feat even comparable to this? And to reach such a martial arts level in her teens with NO teacher?

Ah Qing is other-wordly. The only one who should be on her level is Sweeper. She was written with mythical-level martial arts. The only way you can discount her is to argue that she doesn't belong to the Jin Yong canon proper.
    明月心跳起來,又回頭,嫣然道,“你還要不要我帶上那面具?”
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”

I think looking like a blur is much less impressive than her ripping through the thousands of soldiers. I think there are many characters that move like blurs when observed by non elite fighters, nevermind just ordinary soldiers that are just trained in field of combat rather than martial arts.

The Eunuch didn't write Bixie Jianfa.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bliss View Post
    What are you basing this on? Why wouldn't she see DFBB's attacks coming? She was just as much a blur as he was. Disarming thousands of soldiers in a matter of moments with a bamboo stick? Who else had a feat even comparable to this? And to reach such a martial arts level in her teens with NO teacher?

Ah Qing is other-wordly. The only one who should be on her level is Sweeper. She was written with mythical-level martial arts. The only way you can discount her is to argue that she doesn't belong to the Jin Yong canon proper.
    Please don't exagerate the facts. I admire your passion for Ah Qing, but you have twisted some of the facts. Here's what REALLY happened. Ah Qing DASHED THROUGH 2000 guards. DASHED THROUGH. Along the way, she pricked people on the wrists and their weapons fell. Again, she RAN THROUGH the guards.

Note: Dashing through 2000 guards and disarming the ones around her along the way is NOT the same as disarming ALL of the soldiers. Dashing through 2000 guards is also FAR FROM THE SAME as fighting all 2000 at the same time.

Example: Yang Guo has dashed through the Mongolian Cavalry before, killing people along the way. Does that mean he took on the ENTIRE MONGOLIAN CAVALRY??????????????? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It just means he rushed through them!!!!!!!!! That's wat Ah Qin did!!!!!! impressive, but not THAT impressive.

therefore, ah qin DID NOT "disarm thousands of soldiers", like u claim. maybe 30, or 40, but who cares???

Ah Qin rushed through palace guards armed with swords. That doesn't sound very magical or mythical to me.

Xiao Feng, Xu Zhu and Duan Yu rush through the LIAO ARMY to capture their king, Yang Guo and Guo Jing rush through the MONGOLIAN CALVALRY. ( Yang Guo killed the king with a freaking rock.) which sounds more impressive??

MANY have feats that are >>> than rushing through palace guards.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Ah Qin is simply not that great if u look closely.

if u want a better description of why ah qin is not as good as u claim, go to http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=10379
    Last edited by jackattack; 03-02-10 at 09:32 PM.

Please don't exagerate the facts. I admire your passion for Ah Qing, but you have twisted some of the facts. Here's what REALLY happened. Ah Qing DASHED THROUGH 2000 guards. DASHED THROUGH. Along the way, she pricked people on the wrists and their weapons fell. Again, she RAN THROUGH the guards.

Note: Dashing through 2000 guards and disarming the ones around her along the way is NOT the same as disarming ALL of the soldiers. Dashing through 2000 guards is also FAR FROM THE SAME as fighting all 2000 at the same time.

Example: Yang Guo has dashed through the Mongolian Cavalry before, killing people along the way. Does that mean he took on the ENTIRE MONGOLIAN CAVALRY??????????????? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It just means he rushed through them!!!!!!!!! That's wat Ah Qin did!!!!!! impressive, but not THAT impressive.

therefore, ah qin DID NOT "disarm thousands of soldiers", like u claim. maybe 30, or 40, but who cares???

Ah Qin rushed through palace guards armed with swords. That doesn't sound very magical or mythical to me.

Xiao Feng, Xu Zhu and Duan Yu rush through the LIAO ARMY to capture their king, Yang Guo and Guo Jing rush through the MONGOLIAN CALVALRY. ( Yang Guo killed the king with a freaking rock.) which sounds more impressive??

MANY have feats that are >>> than rushing through palace guards.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Ah Qin is simply not that great if u look closely.

if u want a better description of why ah qin is not as good as u claim, go to http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=10379
    OMG why are people so effing rude while conveying their point. Dang!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by goodrick View Post
    OMG why are people so effing rude while conveying their point. Dang!
    Because it was just frustrating to see him exagerate all the evidences and twist up all the facts, and then acts like he knows what he's talking about.

Because it was just frustrating to see him exagerate all the evidences and twist up all the facts, and then acts like he knows what he's talking about.
    Please, Bliss is one respected poster with sound knowledge especially XAJH.

You know I got the impression from you hijacking some of the old threads with exactly "exagerate all the evidences and twist up all the facts, and then acts like he knows what he's talking about." post. Most signed off with " ... nuff said", but you said nor offered nothing to back up your claims. Maybe they are more out there getting frustrated with you!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by shortsight View Post

You know I got the impression from you hijacking some of the old threads with exactly "exagerate all the evidences and twist up all the facts, and then acts like he knows what he's talking about." post. Most signed off with " ... nuff said", but you said nor offered nothing to back up your claims. Maybe they are more out there getting frustrated with you!
    Right, I'm a hijacker who can actually back myself up with facts and proofs. If you don't agree with me, debate me. If ur scared, then don't insult me.

jackattack, your recent posts are very rude. Be mature.

Who wants to debate with a poster who says things like

"ENTIRE MONGOLIAN CAVALRY??????????????? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"If ur scared, then don't insult me. "

"Oh hahaha, you are so funny..... NOT."

Not to mention your "evidences" are on very shaky grounds.
    Last edited by flamer; 03-03-10 at 05:46 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by flamer View Post
    jackattack, your recent posts are very rude. Be mature.

Who wants to debate with a poster who says things like

"ENTIRE MONGOLIAN CAVALRY??????????????? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"If ur scared, then don't insult me. "

"Oh hahaha, you are so funny..... NOT."

Not to mention your "evidences" are on very shaky grounds.
    What's wrong with saying :" the entire mongolian cavalry?"

I told him to stop insulting me. As a senior member here, you should be doing the same thing.

That other guy started making lame jokes at me, when I countered his arguments effectively. That was why I told him he was not funny.

If my evidence is on shaky grounds, then enlighten me by pointing them out for me. That would be helpful.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by shortsight View Post

What do you mean "hijacking" old threads? We are encouraged to revive old threads over here. Read the rules before you tell me what to do.

When have I signed off my post with " nuff said"? Only once. Can you at least count correctly?

I've backed up my claims with plenty of evidences, and thats obvious to anyone who can read English. Please go read my post over carefully again.
    Last edited by jackattack; 03-03-10 at 07:47 AM.

What's wrong with saying :" the entire mongolian cavalry?"

I told him to stop insulting me. As a senior member here, you should be doing the same thing.

That other guy started making lame jokes at me, when I countered his arguments effectively. That was why I told him he was not funny.

If my evidence is on shaky grounds, then enlighten me by pointing them out for me. That would be helpful.
    Nothing, with the exception you wrote that with caps lock and plenty of exclamation marks. What's the need for that?

shortsight insulted you? I must've missed it. What I didn't miss is you writing things like what I have listed before. If you can list how shortsight insulted you, that would be helpful.

Regarding on your points and evidences, I'm not well versed with Yue Maiden Sword at all but I'll give a take of YG/XF/DY/XZ for you.

YG/GJ/XF/DY/XZ rushed through the soldiers and captured/killed the king. It appears that Ah Qing did the same, only to knock down all the weapons of soldiers in her path. Think about it this way, if she had the time and ability to do that, what's stopping her from killing the soldiers in her path? Similar to GJ's demolition of the large Quanzhen formation in ROCH.

Yang Guo also thought it would be impossible to kill the Khan if he reached a group of incoming support troops, hence the rock.

DY/XZ charging the Liao army. What they achieved was very impressive, that they got through a group of soldiers specifically designed to repel such charges. Needless to mention that they are probably the two most powerful protagonists of JY. It's really no surprise that they were able to penetrate that. if you agree they used every ounce of their ability in doing that (or close to), the comparison can be made with Ah Qing, who achieved the same thing with less effort and disarming soldiers (Xuzhu threw soldiers while Duan Yu dodged). Keep in mind that Yelu Hongji obviously felt someone of Xiao Feng's calibre had little chance of penetrating that defense.

I'm not a fan of Ah Qing (didn't even read that work).

Don't get me wrong jackattack, we welcome new members and new discussion. Just keep your language and sentences mild and constructive.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by flamer View Post
    Nothing, with the exception you wrote that with caps lock and plenty of exclamation marks. What's the need for that?

shortsight insulted you? I must've missed it. What I didn't miss is you writing things like what I have listed before. If you can list how shortsight insulted you, that would be helpful.

Regarding on your points and evidences, I'm not well versed with Yue Maiden Sword at all but I'll give a take of YG/XF/DY/XZ for you.

YG/GJ/XF/DY/XZ rushed through the soldiers and captured/killed the king. It appears that Ah Qing did the same, only to knock down all the weapons of soldiers in her path. Think about it this way, if she had the time and ability to do that, what's stopping her from killing the soldiers in her path? Similar to GJ's demolition of the large Quanzhen formation in ROCH.

Yang Guo also thought it would be impossible to kill the Khan if he reached a group of incoming support troops, hence the rock.

DY/XZ charging the Liao army. What they achieved was very impressive, that they got through a group of soldiers specifically designed to repel such charges. Needless to mention that they are probably the two most powerful protagonists of JY. It's really no surprise that they were able to penetrate that. if you agree they used every ounce of their ability in doing that (or close to), the comparison can be made with Ah Qing, who achieved the same thing with less effort and disarming soldiers (Xuzhu threw soldiers while Duan Yu dodged). Keep in mind that Yelu Hongji obviously felt someone of Xiao Feng's calibre had little chance of penetrating that defense.

I'm not a fan of Ah Qing (didn't even read that work).

Don't get me wrong jackattack, we welcome new members and new discussion. Just keep your language and sentences mild and constructive.
    1). You made it a bigger deal then it actually is. What's the need for that?

2). He called me a hijacker, and made multiple accusations at me. yes, you did miss it, and I'm not being sarcastic, unlike you.

3). So you do realize now that Ah Qin and Yang Guo and Duan Yu and Xu Zhu and Xiao Feng achieved the same thing? Awesome!

Except, this thread is called :" 5 best fighters of jinyong. jinyong.

and, unfortunately, yang guo, duan yu, xiao feng and xu zhu are nowhere near the 5 best fighters of jin yong. So Ah Qin having feats that matched them doesn't really matter, because there are plenty of people greater then them. I'll just name 5 for the sake of it.

1). Da Mo
    2). Janitor Monk
    3). Demonic Swordsman Dugu Qiubai
    4). The mysterious figure that invented the Ode To Gallery martial arts. ( if you don't acknowledge him then at least acknowledge Shi Potian. )
    5). Huang Shang, inventor of 9 yin.

There are more, like the 3 elders of Xiao Yao, but there are too much to be named.

Although it hurts me to say it, the 5 best fighters of jin yong does not have the name Ah Qin in them.

Regarding your last statement..... what u basically did was u punched a guy in the face and then u said :" oh, don't get me wrong, i like you."
    It's not that I'm being rude. I like to go straightforward when doing things and saying things. That's why when people lie like u did in your last sentence, I point them out right away without hesitation.

I don't even get what you're talking about anymore.

I didn't make it a bigger deal, I explained why shortsight and I found you rude.

You did not present examples as I asked. What are multiple accusations?

You've deviated from the topic of top 5 JY characters long time ago just by bringing in XF/YG/DY/XZ. What's more is that Ah Qing achieved and exceeded of what they achieved. I did make it clear YG thought he had no chance while it took TWO of the most powerful protagonists DY and XZ to capture the Liao king. Ah Qing did it with less effort.

Now don't do into "so back to the topic" with your claims of YG/XF/DY/XZ disputed ('evidence' you claimed in the first place to deny Ah Qing). Those 'evidence' you claimed to be conclusive are wrong.

Ah Qing may well have a claim of top 5 JY characters or not, I really don't care. She's from a lesser known work and little comparability. It's just your ignorant persistence and bad forum etiquette that's annoying me. Okay you can say I've insulted you now. And that's what it is since my last post of reasoning obviously fell flat.