Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 5 best fighters of jinyong?

Indeed, Ah Qing and Xuzhu/Duan Yu seem to be rule-transcenders.

I could possibly imagine Duan Yu and Xuzhu getting through a horde of 2000 soldiers. However, Ah Qing's near-mythical description of disarming 2000 soldiers in one swift go remains more impressive to my mind. The description makes me think that she did so with more grace and less effort than Xuzhu/Duan Yu could.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post

I could possibly imagine Duan Yu and Xuzhu getting through a horde of 2000 soldiers. However, Ah Qing's near-mythical description of disarming 2000 soldiers in one swift go remains more impressive to my mind. The description makes me think that she did so with more grace and less effort than Xuzhu/Duan Yu could.
    Ok, and what does that prove? That doesn't necessarily put her at top 5, or even top 8.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post

I would think 'Disarming em all' is more impressive than just weaving thru them (DY) or flinging them out of the way (XZ).

But take away her sword and I suppose Ah Qing wouldn't be able to do it. But then again, how hard is it for her to grab the _first_ soldier's sword eh?
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Banned

murong longcheng all the way. if someone attacks him he directs the attack back at that person and kill him.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    I would think 'Disarming em all' is more impressive than just weaving thru them (DY) or flinging them out of the way (XZ).

But take away her sword and I suppose Ah Qing wouldn't be able to do it. But then again, how hard is it for her to grab the _first_ soldier's sword eh?
    but there is no indication that ah qin knows any martial arts. we just know she is good with the sword, but does she have any qi gong? Does she have any h2h combat skills?

Quote Originally Posted by kdonggyu94 View Post
    but there is no indication that ah qin knows any martial arts. we just know she is good with the sword, but does she have any qi gong? Does she have any h2h combat skills?
    It is self evident that she knows Qi gong... She traveled from her home to the palace w/o being seen or heard. She appeared almost instantaneously at the bedchamber. Also... disarming all the soldiers in the palace would indicate that her internal strength or Qi gong speed... most likely both in combination... allowed her to be effective throughout the palace almost simultaneously.

She was never "taught" swordsmanship or martial arts.
    Somehow... she picked up her skills & internal strength through the years while fighting the white ape.

We can assume that she can apply her skills and internal strength through more than just a sword/stick.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ahoxan View Post
    It is self evident that she knows Qi gong... She traveled from her home to the palace w/o being seen or heard. She appeared almost instantaneously at the bedchamber. Also... disarming all the soldiers in the palace would indicate that her internal strength or Qi gong speed... most likely both in combination... allowed her to be effective throughout the palace almost simultaneously.

She was never "taught" swordsmanship or martial arts.
    Somehow... she picked up her skills & internal strength through the years while fighting the white ape.

We can assume that she can apply her skills and internal strength through more than just a sword/stick.
    we can assume. thats it.

Not in order.

1) Sweeper Monk
    2) Wuyazi, Tianshan Tonglao, Li Qiushui
    3) Xiao Feng
    4) Xuzhu
    5) Xiao Yuanshan, Murong Bo

I did not include Shi Potian because I hardly know anything about him.

Best fighters not alwayz mean "best"/strongest martial artists so I would pick..
    - XF
    - GJ
    - YG
    - WCY
    - Z3F