Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: LoCH BOOK 3

Decided to release Part 3 early.

WOW great, thanks

fantastic !!! what a gift for this lovely weekend thanx IcyFox.

Smile

Woohoo! good action going on, thanks to Icy for bringing it to us! I can feel a cunning plan from HR coming up.

Thanks for the update! So the ploy is confirmed... =p

LoCH Chapter 28 Final Trailer

Suddenly, he launched himself forward, throwing his body off the mountain to grab her...

With the sudden increase in weight, the condor plunged swiftly. It flapped its wings frantically but still could not produce enough lift. Qiu Qian Zhang grabbed Huang Rong’s back and tried to yank her off and toss her down...

COMING SOON!

Next Probable Update

Between Friday, 27/04/2007 and Sunday, 29/04/07.

Default thanks

your hard work and effort is well appreciated ^^. i hope you finish till the end of the novel =D

Quote Originally Posted by luckyimpact
    your hard work and effort is well appreciated ^^. i hope you finish till the end of the novel =D
    I won't/can't.

It's already been completed by Foxs.

Icyfox , Foxs, why all fox? Anywayz Foxs rock.

Quote Originally Posted by odbayarb2000
    Icyfox , Foxs, why all fox?
    The 'fox' in our user names originated from different sources, though.

The 'fox' in Foxs was inspired by the Disney movie The Fox and the Hound while the 'fox' in IcyFox was inspired by Erwin Rommel's Desert Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox
    The 'fox' in our user names originated from different sources, though.

The 'fox' in Foxs was inspired by the Disney movie The Fox and the Hound while the 'fox' in IcyFox was inspired by Erwin Rommel's Desert Fox.
    You need a real desert fox for your avatar.
    This cute little dude does live in North Africa.
    Attached Images Attached Images

IcyFox, you're getting faster and faster! Thnx so much; keep up the good work!
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.

Actually, my username 'foxs' goes way back when I played with radio. You see, my initial is foxtrot sierra, so I used foxs for short. I tried to find a good fox picture but could not find one that I really like. I want something neutral and non-offensive, so I ended up with Disney's 'the fox and the hound' or 'Robin Hood'. This one is not my personal best, but better than any other fox picture I found. James, since you are very good at finding good picture, why don't you find me a better avatar?

BTW, IcyFox, I just noticed this:

Hong Qi Gong was actually a lazy person who disliked taking martial disciples. It was only when the Beggars' Clan members made some important contribution that he would teach 1 or 2 strokes as a reward. Even when one of them performed his duties without regard for his life, Hong Qi Gong only taught him one of the strokes of the [18 Dragon Subduing Palms] - the [Divine Dragon Displays its Tail].

Both the first and second edition say it was Li Sheng (see also Chapter 15). Can anybody verify this for us? Of course, Jin Yong might changed it in the third edition.

Quote Originally Posted by foxs_
    Actually, my username 'foxs' goes way back when I played with radio. You see, my initial is foxtrot sierra, so I used foxs for short. I tried to find a good fox picture but could not find one that I really like. I want something neutral and non-offensive, so I ended up with Disney's 'the fox and the hound' or 'Robin Hood'. This one is not my personal best, but better than any other fox picture I found. James, since you are very good at finding good picture, why don't you find me a better avatar?
    By your command.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    You need a real desert fox for your avatar.
    This cute little dude does live in North Africa.
    Yeah, cool. But the 'icy' in IcyFox is the prefix for my (now inactive) gaming clan. So I won't be using the cute little dudes residing in North Africa.

Quote Originally Posted by redfirefly124
    IcyFox, you're getting faster and faster!
    Faster than Chapter 21, perhaps. But that's still a far cry from my speed back during the RoCH days.

Default Annotation To Chapter 28

NOTICE

Hong Qi Gong was actually a lazy person who disliked taking martial disciples. It was only when the Beggars' Clan members made some important contribution that he would teach 1 or 2 strokes as a reward. Even when one of them performed his duties without regard for his life, Hong Qi Gong only taught him one of the strokes of the [18 Dragon Subduing Palms] - the [Divine Dragon Displays its Tail].

Both the first and second edition say it was Li Sheng (see also Chapter 15). Can anybody verify this for us? Of course, Jin Yong might changed it in the third edition.
    Yes, this one person mentioned is indeed Li Sheng. I ommited his name because there was no other reference to this name in Chapter 28, so I did not want to cause any potential confusion.

Since it's been pointed out, I'll make the correction.

Thanks IcyFox for your hard work on this. There are a lot more twists and turns to this story than I anticipated!

IcyFox, I am sorry for nitpicking again; I have just had the time to take a look at Chapter 28, and found another questionable fact: My source named the 'previous Iron Clan leader' as 'Shangguan' (in later chapter, I believe Chapter 32, his full name will be revealed). Also, something about Hengshan was mentioned.

I thought if any correction is needed it will be better to do it now rather than wait until James and his team work on it.

BTW, I have never been able to translate one chapter in one week like you did. So, yes, you are fast. Way too fast!

IcyFox, I am sorry for nitpicking again; I have just had the time to take a look at Chapter 28, and found another questionable fact: My source named the 'previous Iron Clan leader' as 'Shangguan' (in later chapter, I believe Chapter 32, his full name will be revealed). Also, something about Hengshan was mentioned.
    Could you point that out to me? I think it's somewhere in Part 3 but I need more hints.

BTW, I have never been able to translate one chapter in one week like you did. So, yes, you are fast. Way too fast!
    I used to be fast. I completed Chapter 28 in about 3 weeks.