Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: LoCH BOOK 3

Just doing a short poll:

Anyone here already knows the general storyline (through watching TV adaptations, reading comics, etc.) before reading LoCH here?

I accidentally discovered the latest LOCH showing on the ethnic channel in Calgary. I tracked down a source for the series, purchased it and watched it several times. Because of the interest the series triggered I searched the net for more info and discovered the Sina site photo set. More searching led me here and the rest is history.

thanks for translating! the translations are by far better than watching the adaptations although I can't help but recall the TVB '80's series.

i've heard all 3 of the trilogy years ago, although i must say the storyteller really couldn't do justice to the magnificence of the novels.

after years of searching in bookstores for translations, randomly did a search online and voila! found wuxiapedia, wuxiamania and spcnet.

great work everyone, you're making dreams come true with every translated word. Thank you very much.

For me I what I knew was based on what others say before I watched the TV adaptation (LoCH '03 China Ed.). Actually to date I've only read 1-2 chapters in whole apart from Chap 21 which I translated.

So I'm actually as clueless as some of you guys who are reading the story here for the 1st time.

I'd seen about 15 episodes of the series, the one with Li Ya Peng. but I wanted to khow what happens at the end. I searched the web and found out that it was based on a book. after reading the translations at wuxiapedia, I ended up here.

Guys please take note:

I'm currently working on the last part of Chapter 12. If anyone is already working on that or have already completed that, please kindly notify me through this thread.

I'm expected to complete this minor segment by next week.

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox
    Guys please take note:

I'm currently working on the last part of Chapter 12. If anyone is already working on that or have already completed that, please kindly notify me through this thread.

I'm expected to complete this minor segment by next week.
    Carry on my wayward son! My brain may survive the editing of this chapter but I may need a rest afterwords!

D@MN! I haven't checked in for a long time! You guys have done a lot of work, and i have a lot of reading to catch up on!

Thank you so much for all your work icyfox and foxs!

I'm currently in Shenyang on a business trip, and now i'll have something to do late night after everything closes!

Just doing a short poll:

Anyone here already knows the general storyline (through watching TV adaptations, reading comics, etc.) before reading LoCH here?

NO! i'm a LoCH virgin!

I absolutly love the translations everyone has compiled! Keep up the good work!

Eh my good friend Foxs... How about you, hmmm?

How did you come to know about LoCH?

Thanks Foxs_ and IcyFox for this great translation.

I'm so eager to read the next chapters.

In fact, all I've really already read in LOCH is from this English translation.

My mom is a crazy fan of LOCH. She told me this novel. I've also watched 2 adaptations of this novel: LOCH 94 (with Athena Chu Yan) and LOCH 03 (with Zhou Xun). When I have some problems with the details of it I often ask her. Hix, but now my high school is too far away from my home and my mom is very busy so I can hardly talk to her about wuxia anymore.

I'm trying to learn Chinese to be able to read LOCH in the original on my own.
    Can anyone be kind enough to tell me where I can download Chinese font for Windows XP?
    Hix, because I've not a Chinese font, all Chinese characters on my screen are just squares.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by RongYingMin; 12-03-06 at 04:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RongYingMin
    Can anyone be kind enough to tell me where I can download Chinese font for Windows XP?
    Hix, because I've not a Chinese font, all Chinese characters on my screen are just squares.
    Thanks.
    The squares do not result from not having a Chinese font.
    They are the result of not having "Chinese" in the language settings of Windows.
    You can get some help to add "Chinese" (a.k.a. "CJK support", where CJK=Chinese Japanese Korean) to your language settings at the link below:
    http://seba.ulyssis.org/thesis/howto-winxp.php
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

Are you guys seeing something I ain't???

I see neither the squares nor Chinese words...

Quote Originally Posted by HuangYushi
    The squares do not result from not having a Chinese font.
    They are the result of not having "Chinese" in the language settings of Windows.
    You can get some help to add "Chinese" (a.k.a. "CJK support", where CJK=Chinese Japanese Korean) to your language settings at the link below:
    http://seba.ulyssis.org/thesis/howto-winxp.php
    Thank you very much, Senior Master HuangYushi.
    Are you guys seeing something I ain't???

I see neither the squares nor Chinese words...
    if u don't see anything, nor Chinese words, nor squares, how come you can translate LOCH? As I remember, you've used Chinese text several times iin debates.
    Last edited by RongYingMin; 12-03-06 at 06:00 AM.

No, IcyFox did not see squares, but he sees Chinese characters. It has to do with the 'Language' setting of your Windows OS. With XP it is really easy, I guess you have followed Senior Master Huang Yushi's directions and now you see chinese characters, am I right?

IcyFox, I have known this novel since my junior high days, ages ago. My parents used to read the novel in the early 60s when they were still in high school. The only TV adaptations I have seen is the first one with Wong Yatwa(?) and the RoCH with Andy Lau. I don't have any access to asian movies here in the US.

BTW, Xuelian has not responded to our messages, so I really don't know what happens to Chapter 24. The good news is that Sunnysnow has informed me that she is planning on continuing her Chapter 25 after December 6, and will start posting Chapter 25 perhaps mid or by the end of December. In my part, I only have four more chapters to go to finish this novel. Just something y'all can look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by foxs_
    BTW, Xuelian has not responded to our messages, so I really don't know what happens to Chapter 24. The good news is that Sunnysnow has informed me that she is planning on continuing her Chapter 25 after December 6, and will start posting Chapter 25 perhaps mid or by the end of December. In my part, I only have four more chapters to go to finish this novel. Just something y'all can look forward to.
    Oh no, not another 'Black Hole' like the final bit of chapter 12! [for IcyFox ]

Well, James ... It can't be help, since we are working with diverse people here. Owbjhx has just informed me that his Chapter 26 is 80% ready, so he should be able to post as soon as Sunnysnow finishes hers. Bundak, how is your progress with Chapter 27? Please drop us a quick line if you would. I know IcyFox will start Chapter 28 in January. My Chapter 29 is ready.

Quote Originally Posted by foxs_
    Well, James ... It can't be help, since we are working with diverse people here. Owbjhx has just informed me that his Chapter 26 is 80% ready, so he should be able to post as soon as Sunnysnow finishes hers. Bundak, how is your progress with Chapter 27? Please drop us a quick line if you would. I know IcyFox will start Chapter 28 in January. My Chapter 29 is ready.
    How is IcyFox going to contribute if he is still banned?

Is he still banned?

Han Solo

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo
    How is IcyFox going to contribute if he is still banned?

Is he still banned?

Han Solo
    If he has foxs_'s email address he can forward the translation via him.