Thread: Hey Guo Jing, bro, you ruined the Mutual Feet Combat Technique!

Default Hey Guo Jing, bro, you ruined the Mutual Feet Combat Technique!

Zhou Botong was dying to play the 'four people mutual combat', so he urged Guo Jing to train. He himself did not stop giving instructions and pointers. A few days later Guo Jing had mastered the mutual hands combat technique. Zhou Botong's delight was unspeakable. "Come, come!" he urged, "Your left hand and my left one form an alliance against your right hand and mine. Let us have a martial art contest."

Guo Jing was still young, how could this kind of game not interest him? Immediately his right hand fought Zhou Botong's left while his left hand fiercely fought Zhou Botong's right. Nobody had ever seen or heard about this kind of battle.

While they were fighting each other and themselves, Zhou Botong incessantly gave Guo Jing pointers on how to attack swiftly and fiercely, and how to form a stable defense. Guo Jing listened and committed each and every one of them in his memory.

Zhou Botong only wanted to have an interesting playtime, but Guo Jing's mind came up with other thoughts. One day when they were playing, he thought, "If our legs can also be divided, wouldn't two people be able to fight as eight individuals?" But he knew if he brought this up, Zhou Botong would go on indefinitely, so he refrained himself from saying anything.
    If he had brought it up, in addition to the world-class Mutual Hands technique, Zhou Botong no doubt would have developed a 'mutual feet' technique as well. You ruined it, Guo Jing!
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

When I read that passage, I always envisage something like the 'cat claws' style that Jackie Chan's character invents in 'Snake in the Eagle's Shadow'...

People like Yin Liting (with mortal enemies they can't defeat) should learn this technique. Just jump at them and attack with left, right hand techniques and left, right feet techniques. Unstoppable! Should probably wear some of those blades attached to your shoes too.

Actually it looks like ZBT simply didn't have enough martial arts comprehension =P

Just like how he had to be explicitly told that he could use L/R technique to fight by GJ, ZBT simply didn't have GJ's comprehension to divide the feet as well:

At first Guo Jing thought it was very funny, but after several moves he realized that the stances were mysteriously wonderful, he couldn't help but feeling great admiration. People who practice martial arts, regardless of whether they are barehanded or wielding a saber or thrusting a spear, will always use both hands either to attack or to defend; but Zhou Botong was different. He used one hand to attack and the other to defend; each attack was fierce and always aimed vital points, while the defending hand would parry and counterattack with no less fierceness; truly like two people fighting each other. Guo Jing had never seen nor heard anything like this before.

After watching Zhou Botong fought himself for a moment Guo Jing commented, "Big Brother, why don't you use your feet too?"

Zhou Botong halted and smiled, "Not a bad observation! You could see through my moves. Come, come, come! You try!" While speaking thus he stretched his palm to attack. Guo Jing also stretched his to parry.
    See? GJ even told ZBT to use his feet but ZBT simply couldn't get the hint. Truly GJ has great insight!

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
    See? GJ even told ZBT to use his feet but ZBT simply couldn't get the hint. Truly GJ has great insight!
    That is a bad mistranslation. The expression was '大哥,你右手這招為甚麼不用足了', which should translate to something like 'Big brother, why did you not fully complete this technique with your right arm?'. In context, '用足' here means 'use to the utmost', not 'use your feet'!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Kwok View Post
    That is a bad mistranslation. The expression was '大哥,你右手這招為甚麼不用足了', which should translate to something like 'Big brother, why did you not fully complete this technique with your right arm?'. In context, '用足' here means 'use to the utmost', not 'use your feet'!
    Oh lol, I see where the mistake was made now that I can see the original text.

Too bad. Still, GJ clearly has greater comprehension since he just didn't tell ZBT about it.