Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Death Note

Default Death Note

Has anyone watched this movie yet. it is in jap but there are chinese and english subtitles though. Personally, i felt that it was quite a good movie especially how the lead actor killed the criminals without murduring them himself or hiring others to do the job for him. unfortunately, the show has no ending and is to be continued with a part two. I like the part when the genius detective is tracking down the identity of the killer.
    盈盈道:“岳先生被逼吞食此药物之后,自是日夜不安,急欲解毒。一日不解,一日难以安心。他知道只有从你身 上打算,才能得到解药。”

令狐冲道:“这个自然。我是你的心肝宝贝,也只有用我,才能向你换到解药。”

我乃逍遥人,自然逍遥去。 - Fearless

i really want to watch DEATH NOTE!!!! ah....but too bad im having exams now and can't go watch it..although, it seems that death note was already showing in japan quite long ago...theres even a death note 2 called last note coming out in japan in dec...sigh...

I watched Death Note in the cinemas recently, pretty entertaining I guess, will have to see how part 2 turns out.

Death Note is adapted from the hit manga series by the same name, I have read the whole series and am currently following the anime as well. The pacing for the first half of the movie was kinda slow, it only speeded up with the appearance of L. I must say the portrayal of L totally rocks, he was practically the carbon copy of L from the manga. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for Light; the actor was just unable to fully portray the twisted and complex genius that Light was. I disliked the focus on the love story, it was pretty pointless actually, and it gave Light some kind of weakness that he totally did not have in the manga.

The main attraction of DN was the battle between L and Light, which I suppose will be the central focus of the second part of the movie. If you think the killings on the bus and train were cool, just wait to see what sort of mind games the two of them play in the second movie.

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts

Death Note is adapted from the hit manga series by the same name, I have read the whole series and am currently following the anime as well.

The main attraction of DN was the battle between L and Light, which I suppose will be the central focus of the second part of the movie. If you think the killings on the bus and train were cool, just wait to see what sort of mind games the two of them play in the second movie.
    Is the manga available in English? Is there anime version?

Quote Originally Posted by smurf120
    Is the manga available in English? Is there anime version?

yes theres an anime on it.

first episode on youtube

Edit: I know it's a technicality, but to be careful, I'm editing out the link to the URL. However, as it is stated in the post, the episodes are available on youtube.
    Last edited by Moinllieon; 12-28-06 at 10:38 PM.
    石破天道:“是啊,这招是阿绣教我的,她说人家打不过你,你要处处手下留情,得饶人处且饶人,这一招叫‘旁 敲侧击’,既让了对方,又不致为对方所伤。”他毫无机心,滔滔说来。天虚脸上登时红一阵,白一阵,羞愧得无 地自容。

Watched DN1 last month, very entertaining! Can't wait to watch DN2 - The Last Name in my country though it has already released in Japan, HK & TW.
    (Btw before I watch DN1, I didn't realize that the actor portraying as L was in One Litre Of Tears as Aya's senior! He looked so different, must be the wig's problem LOL )

Meantime I'm chasing the anime version as well, it's pretty cool. It's almost the same as reading comics!

I just watched DN1 and it's pretty entertaining. I'm looking forward to the second movie! I've never read the manga or watched the anime, but I like Tatsuya Fujiwara's portrayal of Light. I didn't find the love story aspect to be a weakness on Light's part considering how he manipulated it to his advantage.

At the rate he consumes junk food, L is on the fast lane to developing diabetes.

Quote Originally Posted by kenixgoh
    (Btw before I watch DN1, I didn't realize that the actor portraying as L was in One Litre Of Tears as Aya's senior! He looked so different, must be the wig's problem LOL )
    No wonder he looked so familiar, but I just couldn't place my finger on where I'd seen him before.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I'm still yet to watch it and I've heard so many good things about the movie already.. can't wait^^
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

I heard it wasn't very good...

Watched Death Note 2 in the theatres in Hong Kong. It was my first exposure to the series as a whole. It was a bit confusing at first, as I didn't watch the first movie nor was I familiar with the series. However, I enjoyed it overall.

Slight spoilers..

I do have some problems with certain characters though. Though her name escapes me at the moment, the main female character was a character I couldn't sympathize with. Many of the characters sympathize for her, yet I don't see why.

Another characterization that I had a hard time accepting was Light. Somehow I sympathize with his goals. I've started watching the anime so I've seen some of the things that he has done, but even then I still think he has some utopian aims. He goes about it in the wrong way, but I still couldn't see him as absolute evil even though he wanted to kill his own father.

The reporter character in the second death note I sympathized with as well. Even keeping in mind the one selfish things she did with Death Note, I also sympathized with her goals.

Overall, I enjoyed the philosophical questions underlying the framework and concept of Death Note as a whole.
    "The gentlemen first practices what he preaches and then preaches what he practices." - Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by *aLySsA4eVa*
    the rating was quite high on the newspaper and personally, i found the show interesting.

我乃逍遥人,自然逍遥去。 - Fearless

Quote Originally Posted by *aLySsA4eVa*
    Well, perhaps you should give it a try and judge for yourself.

Currently waiting for the second movie to come to Singapore, looking forward to it definitely since Light and L will clash directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of Honour

Another characterization that I had a hard time accepting was Light. Somehow I sympathize with his goals. I've started watching the anime so I've seen some of the things that he has done, but even then I still think he has some utopian aims. He goes about it in the wrong way, but I still couldn't see him as absolute evil even though he wanted to kill his own father.
    Light is definately evil,how can u justify killing people that are after him and wats the point of killing criminals that are already in jail?
    Also some minor offences doesn't means death penalty so anyway u look at it even from the existing law Light is absolutely wrong and should be dealt with.No one should be allowed to play God and judge people.

Btw u can watch DN 1 on youtube

part 1,other parts on the sidebar
    Edit: same here, just in case. I know I know. But it's youtube, not that hard to find.
    Last edited by Moinllieon; 12-28-06 at 10:39 PM.
    石破天道:“是啊,这招是阿绣教我的,她说人家打不过你,你要处处手下留情,得饶人处且饶人,这一招叫‘旁 敲侧击’,既让了对方,又不致为对方所伤。”他毫无机心,滔滔说来。天虚脸上登时红一阵,白一阵,羞愧得无 地自容。

Quote Originally Posted by shen long
    wats the point of killing criminals that are already in jail?
    His reason for doing so is to scare potential criminals from doing crime.
    I haven't watch the movie, but in the anime, one of the polices noticed that the crime rate for heavy crimes has dropped since the many heavy crime criminals dropped dead.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

ive been thinking of watching this movie, the main reason being that i thought it is a horror movie. but then a friend told me that it isnt....im just wondering if it would be worth it if i stay thru the whole 2-h in the cinema....is it good?
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Bought this moofie last week, will watch it when I'm bored silly

http://www.encorefilms.com/deathnote2/index.html

The trailer for part 2 is so exciting! Oh well, Misa is kawaii as well...

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    I haven't watch the movie, but in the anime, one of the polices noticed that the crime rate for heavy crimes has dropped since the many heavy crime criminals dropped dead.
    another point to add on. he started off with killing baddies that have escaped law punishment.

我乃逍遥人,自然逍遥去。 - Fearless

Since Hollywood seems to like remaking every popular film from other countries. Do u think Hollywood will remake this film sooner or later?

I wonder who could play L in a Hollywood remake.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd

well hes murdering people so he is a criminal too,he should write his name as well.
    Anyway its not gonna stop all crime and who knows if hes killing the actual culprits.

Justice shall prevail
    Last edited by shen long; 12-27-06 at 10:11 AM.