Thread: ZBT= Dummy?

Default ZBT= Dummy?

ZBT has 9yin but doesnt use it to enhance his kongming quan, and oh, did ZBT surpass HYS in martial arts? if he did i thing he would be better then yangguo and if he did use 9yin,i think he will surpass guo jing.

you can't really enhance kongming quan, the whole concept of the fist is emptiness, but you can increase the speed but not power, not like guo jing with XL18Z.
    爱是最最奇幻的魔术
    让人都要对它趋之若鹜
    这场魔术都是要结束
    真爱是箭在弦上不认输

Quote Originally Posted by soulmelody
    ZBT has 9yin but doesnt use it to enhance his kongming quan, and oh, did ZBT surpass HYS in martial arts? if he did i thing he would be better then yangguo and if he did use 9yin,i think he will surpass guo jing.
    He did use 9Yin.

ZBT promised WCY that he would never learn the 9-yin. That's why he avoids using it during combat.

Also, ZBT didn't surpass HYS because of 9-yin, but because of L/R technique. It was quoted in the novel when ZBT finally decide to leave the cave. ZBT said

"我武功仍是遜他一籌,但既已練就了這套分身雙擊的功夫,以二敵一,天下無人再勝得了我。黃藥師、洪七公、 歐陽鋒他們武功再強,能打得過兩個老頑童周伯通麼?"

(My martial arts is only inferior to him by a little, but I now have this technique to utilize my body as if it were two, fighting two against one, no one can defeat me under the heavens. No matter how powerful HYS, H7G, OYF's martials arts are, can they defeat two ZBT's??)

Except it turned out that L/R Technique did not, in fact, produce 2 ZBTs.

As for not learning 9 Yin, in ROCH ZBT was using a technique (Demon Subduing Fist) straight out of 9 Yin.

Quote Originally Posted by K2Grey
    Except it turned out that L/R Technique did not, in fact, produce 2 ZBTs.

As for not learning 9 Yin, in ROCH ZBT was using a technique (Demon Subduing Fist) straight out of 9 Yin.
    Agreed, that's why I mentioned ZBT "avoids" 9-yin in the previous post. He still does tend to use it from time to time. Then he goes on to say something like "Ooops, I can't use that!" In fact, he avoided many of HYS's attacks in LOCH on Peach Blossom Island using 9-yin techniques.

However, I believe that even without 9-yin, he reached the status of Greats with just with L/R alone. He surpassed the Greats with 9-yin.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

ZBT was slightly below the greats through he improved at the same rate as them. after learning 9yin, he got a boost and he improved his fist and palm power without realising it. if he fought with HYS then, he would have won. through his inner power was still slightly below HYS then, within a few yrs, he was on even footing.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Quote Originally Posted by soulmelody
    Chow Bak Tung was missing a portion of the 9 Yum Jen Ging that Gwok Jing eventually got: the inner power portion that was written in Sanskrit. Chow Bak Tung had this in his possession for a time, but couldn't read it. Gwok Jing couldn't read it either, but when he took Wong Yung to see South Emperor 1 Deng about healing her Iron Palm injury, 1 Deng (who could read Sanskrit) translated the excerpt for him.

Unless Gwok Jing later taught this portion to Chow Bak Tung (which is possible, but was never mentioned as having happened), Chow Bak Tung would have ended up having significantly less of the 9 Yum Jen Ging than Gwok Jing had. Add this to the fact that Chow Bak Tung was sworn to not *actively* and consciously use the 9 Yum Jen Ging (whereas Gwok Jing did not need to follow any such restrictions), and it becomes doubtful that Chow Bak Tung's 9 Yum Jen Ging mastery ultimately surpassed Gwok Jing's.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

ZBT actually started to use 9yin, because it was so closely intertwined with his QZ martial arts, he couldn't seperate the two. either he had to use it or not fight. no other option. he used it often in ROCH and i believe when he fought against QQR(cannot confirm).
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Quote Originally Posted by Snafu3721
    Agreed, that's why I mentioned ZBT "avoids" 9-yin in the previous post. He still does tend to use it from time to time. Then he goes on to say something like "Ooops, I can't use that!" In fact, he avoided many of HYS's attacks in LOCH on Peach Blossom Island using 9-yin techniques.

However, I believe that even without 9-yin, he reached the status of Greats with just with L/R alone. He surpassed the Greats with 9-yin.
    He seems to have gotten over that by the end of ROCH. Against Yang Guo, he used both Vacant Fist and Demon Subduing Fist against Yang Guo's regular palms and Sad Palms.

He initially believed that with L/R, he surpassed Huang Yao Shi, but he accidentally snapped a tree with his fist or palm, which truly surprised him. It is possible that the boost came from 9 yin. I believe Jin Yong explicitly said so. It is also possible that his boost came from years of isolation and non stop training on his part. Since QZ qi begins slow, but after practicing it, the power increases and the practitioner catches up to the rest of the Great's kung fu.
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

I believe ZBT read parts of 9 Yin to GJ and he unconsciously practiced the inner power and he got great inner power boost from this.

This leads me to the question of whether 9 Yin has a "lesser" inner power portion which is not in Sanskrit.