Thread: Vengence & Romance

Default Vengence & Romance

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o8/MVuong/VengenceRomance1.jpg')

***NOTE FROM AUTHOR: THE PLOT IS PURELY MY IMAGINATION. BUT I WILL BE USING SOME OF THE IDEAS FROM JIN YOUNG SUCH AS THE SECTS, CLANS, AND SCHOOLS. HE'S A BRILLANT WRITER AND THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I'M WRITING A WUXIA STORY WITH MORE DEPTH SO PLEASE BEAR WTIH ME.***

Main Casts:
    Carmen Lee Yeuk Tung
    Louis Koo Tin Lok
    Wallace Zhong Hon Leung
    Ruby Lin Xin Ru
    Ada Choi Siu Fan
    Takashi Kaneshiro
    Alec Su You Peng
    Noel (Vivian) Leung Siu Bing

Supporting Casts:
    Julian Cheung Chi Lam
    Ekin Chen Yi Kin
    Benny Chan Ho Man
    Jimmy Lin Chi Ying
    Leo Ku Kui Kei
    Charmaine Sheh Si Man
    Gigi Lai Chi Chi
    Athena Chu Yan
    Ho Mei Tian
    Angie Cheung Wai-Yee

Minors:
    Felix Wong Yat-Wah
    Damien Lau Chung Yan
    Chapman To Man-Chat

*More will be added

Sects, clans, and schools:
    Beggar's Sect
    WuDang School
    Ming Sect

Theme Song:
    Bai Ai Fang Kai by F.I.R.
    Sub Theme Song:
    Jiang Nan by JJ Lin Jun Jie
    Last edited by geminililygrl; 11-02-06 at 02:21 PM.

Default Chapter 1: Angel From Above

A young maiden, no older than 20 years of age, stood at the highest point of the mountain. The wind blew softly around her and made her white dress flutters slightly. Her long, black hair flows gracefully down her back while her pale skin and rosy cheeks glow in the sunlight. Anger and sadness clouded her large, beautiful eyes. Her delicate features were well distinguished and perfect at every angle. Nothing about her seems real; even though it is.

Every morning she would come out to watch the sunrise and every night she would see it set. The atmosphere had a calming affect on her and seems to sooth away her pain. Nature is her only source of friend. Closing her eyes, she allows herself to inhale the scent of the alluring flowers.

The scent of the flower aroma surrounding her made her feel like she was in heaven. Not once had she step footed below the mountains for the past 15 years. And it’s been such a long time since she really interacted with anyone either. She lived alone and enjoys the peace. The only other occupant of the mountain was her sifu. But between the two of them, neither one said much. They understood well enough that even without speaking, they could communicate.

Knowing that she had spent enough time and the sun had already risen, she retreated back to her domain.

Each step she took was light and quiet. Hardly a sound could be heard except for the chirping birds. The way she moves was swift and untraceable. She had many years of practice with her qinggong (lightness kung-fu) and could easily go anywhere without being seen. Her home for the past 15 years was inside a cave. It’ wasn’t cozy or warm, but it’s her home.

She looks down at the engraved tomb. Kneeling down, she bows her head. Exactly one year ago, she had carved the tomb with her sword.

*Flashback*

An old woman emerges from the cave. “Today is the last lesson I have for you Yeuk Tung.” Her voice was cold and shrew, but the tenderness in her eyes was visible to her disciple. She wore a simple grey dress and her hair was tied up in a bun. Her skin was wrinkly because of old age, but the way she moves did not show it.

Yeuk Tung bows her head slightly towards her sifu respectfully. “Sifu, what have you plan for today?” When she spoke, her voice is as soft and gentle as a melody. But the coldness was evitable.

The old woman drew out a sword and quickly shows her young disciple a sword stance that she had developed over the years. She started out quickly and no normal person could watch close enough to understand her moves. But Yeuk Tung’s eyes follows her every move and quickly absorbing in the sword technique.

After 15 minutes of performing, the old woman stops. “Did you follow that?” Over the years, this is how she had taught Yeuk Tung and each time, her disciple never fails to absorb the stance in quickly. Yeuk Tung is truly fit to be a fighter. She understands all the fighting techniques taught and masters them overnight. She has no trouble performing what she just watch right afterwards.

Yeuk Tung replies, “I did.” She steps forward and grabs a sword. Very swiftly she repeated the technique just taught by her sifu. This time, she increases her speed and lightness so that each sword thrust was soft, but fatal to the enemy. Incorporating her own moves and ideas into the move, she made it change so often that it would be hard for an opponent to detect a weakness within the move. Only through constant change would she confuse the enemy and eventually figure out their weakness to win a battle. She had learned that not only do her fighting skills have to be good, but how she uses them to her advantage is important.

She did a final flip in the air and landed with a split and her sword pointed forward with a perfect balance. “How was I?” asks Yeuk Tung.

The old woman was secretly pleased with her. She was lonely until she found a stray girl in the forest while looking for herbs 13 years ago. The little girl was strange. She did not smile or talk at first, but later on she began to speak. Even so, she didn’t say much and she had never seen her smile. But she took her in because she could see that the little girl has the skills and ability to become a strong fighter one day. She needed someone to pass on her skills. But the company of the girl grew on her and with each passing day, she felt herself growing more close and attach to the child. Eventually, she learned to love her as her own child.

“You’ve done excellent,” praises the old woman. She walks over to her. “Here is our clan’s manual.” She told out a book from her sleeves and handed it to her disciple. “My days are running short. I’ve guarded this with my life and hope that one day I would find someone to carry on my desire. Bring this to the Wudang School and give it Wong Yat-Wah, the leader of the school. He will understand once he see’s it.”

Yeuk Tung took the book, but did not understand. Yet she did not question sifu. In due time, she knows everything will reveal itself. Sifu always works like this and she had learn to trust her.

*End of Flashback*

Yeuk Tung had mastered all the skills she could from her sifu before she passed away last year. Her sifu took her in when she was alone and scare. She taught her how to fight, write, and read. Even when she lives away from society, she still masters all the skills that are required by a young lady. Her sifu wanted her to be well educated and intelligent. “A fighter without a sharp mind would never survive in the treacherous world,” was what her sifu told her a long time ago. She was the only human who actually cared for her and now she’s gone forever. But she didn’t shed a single tear. Crying would not bring her back. She didn’t know the feeling of crying. When her parents passed away, she promises not to shed another tear. But sifu would be disappointed to see weakness shown from her. Yeuk Tung believes that she’s being watched over from the heaven’s sky.

Her only mission is to avenge her family’s death. Over the years she had grown strong. Now she felt ready. She was ready to enter the jiang hu (martial arts world).

There was nothing to bring with her. She left the sword pass down by her sifu lying in the cave. She would not need it. Although she is skilled at using swords, that wasn’t her main weapon. Yeuk Tung didn’t have any money or clothes to bring either. She lives in the mountains and money was no use here. For clothes, her sifu would make her a new dress when the one she wore got old or she had grown out of it. But now that she’s gone, who would do it for her?

But she lives on the highest point of the mountain and she would have to her circulate her inner qi (inner mystical power) to get down. When the qi circulated throughout her body, she jumps down the cliff. Closing her eyes, her body spins around and her white dress flares out. She was concentrating on landing softly and quickly.

From below, a pleasant boy saw a young lady falling down and the first thing any gentlemen would’ve done was to save the fair maiden. But he was sure that she’s no human. He didn’t believe in angels until he saw the way she floats down as she got closer to the ground. Could it be that the heavens are smiling down him? The closer she got, the clearer view he got of her face. Never had he seen such beauty before and could not believe she was real. Everything about her was perfect. No one would believe him if he told them what he had just witness.

When Yeuk Tung feet touch the ground, she opens her eyes to the unfamiliar landscape. She was used to seeing it from above and the view right in front of her of looks so different. But she did not hesitate one bit. She turns to see a boy gaping at her. He looks no older than 13. Her face remains cold and she turns away from him and flew over the trees and river. Her movement was graceful and fairy-like. Her white dress dangles behind her and a long, white cloth blew softly from both sides of her arms.

The young boy was mesmerized by the angel and continues to stare even when she was long gone.

She stops in front of a small village and sees some villagers. She watches them load their wagons and began to push it forward. Knowing that they were going to venture into the city to sell their goods, she follows slowly behind them.
    Last edited by geminililygrl; 11-07-06 at 08:36 PM.

Default Chapter 2: Trouble at the Beggars Sect

Once inside the city, she takes a good look at her surrounding. The marketplace is filled with people buying and selling goods. All around her, people pass by and children were running around unsupervised. She was looking for the Beggar’s Sect and knew exactly where to find it. Before the death of sifu, she had revealed to her all the locations of the major clans of jiang hu.
    She went forward and looks for signs of the Beggar’s Sect disciple. It wasn’t hard to find them. On every street corner, they huddle in groups of three or four and held their bowl out for food or money. She could tell the distinction from a homeless person and the sect disciples because of the way of dressing and the distinction of begging.

Yeuk Tung turns around the corner and went deep into the alley. The further she went in, the more disciples she encounters sitting on the ground. They all stare at her curiously, but she did not hesitate. Finally she stops in front of an old ruin house. More disciples were sitting on the steps. She walks forward when five disciples got up and block her with their sticks. “I came to see the leader of the Beggar’s Sect,” she said in a monotone.

“He’s not here,” said one of the disciples with a deep voice and bushy mustache. “Miss, you should leave. Someone like you should not have come here in the beginning. Our Sect does not welcome unknown strangers and most of all, someone of such high class like yourself.”

“If your leader isn’t here, then where is he?” asks Yeuk Tung. She did not care whether she was welcome or not. She’s determine to see the leader and no one will stand in her path.

The disciples of the Beggar’s Sect thought that the young miss would be no harm to them seeing that she carries no weapon and she did not look like she possess any fighting skills. They thought that she would go away easily. “We do not know, he is always out wondering around doing some just deeds,” answers a tall, lanky guy.

She did not believe them so easily. As swift as the wind, she jumps pass the disciples and ran inside the ruin building. The disciples were amazed but quickly ran inside after her. How could she have just past them without lifting a finger? Either she’s a powerful fighter or some witch using magic. Quickly, they formed a circle around her and point their long sticks at her.

“One last warning miss, leave before we have to kick you out,” warns a bald looking beggar.

“I will not leave until I see the Beggar’s leader,” said Yeuk Tung firmly.

The disciples glance at one another and nod their heads. They ran forward to attack, but Yeuk Tung’s instinct was fast. She jumps up and lands back down on the sticks. The beggars pulled their sticks back and reform into a circle. Yeuk Tung lands back down in the middle of the beggars again. They began to tap the ground with their sticks. It was a technique commonly used to confuse the enemy. Then, they circulated around her. This is Yeuk Tung’s first battle and one of the first rules she learn was to stay calm. She closes here eyes and circulated her inner qi. Just as the beggars stop running in circles around her and started to attack again, a gust of energy blew out from her body and knock her opponents to the ground.

She opens her eyes again and looks at them. She didn’t wish to cause any harm to them, but they force her. There’s no one to blame but themselves.

“What’s going on here?” demands a voice. She heard a racket and had come out from her room. She was surprise to see her apprentice brothers lying on the ground while a girl dressed completely in white stood unharmed.

Yeuk Tung turns around to see a girl younger than herself. She wore a simple light blue dress and in her hand was a jaded, green stick. Unlike the other beggars, she looks very classic and clean.

“State your name and your reasons for disturbing the Beggar’s Sect,” commanded the girl with the jaded stick.

The beggars got to their feet and went over to their apprentice sister. “This miss ran inside and demanded to see our leader even when we explicitly told her that he’s not here. Then she harmed all of us,” said a disciple.

“I am Lee Yeuk Tung,” she replies. “I only harm them because they initiated the attack. Otherwise, I would not have used my moves against them. And you must be?”

“I am Sheh Si Man,” said the girl with the jaded stick. “I am the second eldest disciple here and sifu really is not here. It wouldn’t do you any good to barge in like this and not mention it is very rude to do so.”

Yeuk Tung instincts told her that this young girl wasn’t lying to her. If the leader was really here, would he let his disciples get beaten like this and not have shown his face? Sheh Si Man’s attitude is very well-mannered and polite. A girl with class like her could not have lied. “Sorry for the intrusion, when will your master return?”

“I don’t know,” answers Si Man. “Why are you seeking him? Maybe I could help you instead.”

“No thank you,” said Yeuk Tung. “I’ll come back another time.” She turns around and was gong to leave when the beggars gather around the exit and would not let her through. She turns around to look at Si Man. “Is there something I can you with?” she raises an eyebrow.

Si Man smiles. “I just wanted to have a friendly fight with Miss Lee. Forgive me for being blunt, but I’ve always been interesting in martial arts and seeing that you defeated the beggars here without getting harm, I’m curious.” She steps forward towards Miss Lee. “Do you think you could give me a few pointers?”

Before Yeuk Tung could reply, Miss Sheh had already attack her with her stick. Yeuk Tung dodges to the right and ducks as Si Man swirls the stick over her head. Si Man smiles and brought the stick to the ground and forces Yeuk Tung to retreat. Yeuk Tung caught the stick between her legs and twists her body around. Si Man lost her grip and had to let go of the stick. Yeuk Tung threw the stick in the air with her legs and she jumps up to catch it. Unwilling to admit defeat, Si Man lungs forward to grab the stick. But Yeuk Tung swirls out of the way and knocks the back of Si Man with the stick.

Si Man fell to the ground and admits defeat. She got up and held her hand out. The beggars could not believe that the Miss Lee had just beaten their apprentice sister in less than 20 stances. Disappointment filled them up inside for not being able to defeat the opponent and losing face. If only their leader was here, he would surely beat her.

She throws the stick back to the original owner.

Even if Si Man lost, she felt worthy of losing to a skilled fighter. “Your skills are very refined. I didn’t recognize it from any sect or clans. May I ask who your master is?”

“You’ve lost and therefore have no right to ask,” answers Yeuk Tung. She did not smile or give any friendly gesture.

Si Man was about to reply, but the beggars were thrown from the outside into the room and she looks at the door to see another girl come in with several men behind her.

The young girl wore a bright green and yellow, revealing dress. She had many ornaments in her hair and dangling from her hands. Each step she took was haughty and she smirks at Sheh Si Man.

“Cheung Wai-Yee,” said Si Man angrily. “What have you come for now? You’ve just knock down the disciples of the Beggars Sect without a valid reason. I will report you to your master and the rest of wulin.”

“I only came to visit you, but these pathetic losers would not let me in so I had to use force,” said Wai-Yee innocently. Then she laughs out loud. “I see nothing has improved.” She looks around the place disgustingly. “How could you live in such a dirty, smelly, poor place? All the dirt here is ruining my perfect shoes.”

“Stop your lying,” said Si Man coldly. “If you’re here to look for Kui Kei ge ge (older brother), then he’s not here. For the past year, you’ve come to disturb the sect to find him but he left. He doesn’t want to marry you so get it through your thick skull.”

Yeuk Tung stood aside and was getting ready to leave but she was block by the arrogant girl. “Move!” she said coldly and her icy eyes glare at the girl.

“And who are you?” demands Wai-Yee. She eyes her up and down distastefully.

“She’s a guest here,” said Si Man. “Leave her out of this. This is between you and Kui Kei ge ge. Go find him to settle this. Don’t come here and cause any more trouble.”

Wai-Yee, being too arrogant and proud, did not back down. She pulls out her sword and thrusts it forward at the stranger.

Yeuk Tung reaches out her arm and a single, long cloth flew from her sleeves at the snotty girl name Cheung Wai-Yee. The cloth wraps tightly around the handle of the sword and pulls it out of her hand. It flew towards Yeuk Tung and when it got closer she does a flip and kicks the sword into the wall.

“Si mui (younger apprenctice sister),” shouts a guy who was running in. He went over to Wai-Yee and grabs her arm. Then he pulls her back. “I told you not to come here and cause any trouble!” Then he looks up to Miss Sheh and smiles apologetically. “Sorry for disrupting you again. I will personally make sure this won’t happen again.”

“I’ve heard that many times,” said Si Man coldly. “You must learn to control your apprentice sister and not let her go around causing trouble. It is not our fault that my apprentice brother ran away without a single word. I already told you, if there’s word of him then I will sent someone to tell you.”

“That witch kick my sword into the wall,” said Wai-Yee angrily and she points her finger to the girl in white. “What are you going to do about it Chi Ying ge ge? She made me lose face in front of our clan!”

Looking at the sword, it was deeply stuck in the wall. Only powerful fighters have the ability to do that. Lin Chi Ying turns his head to see a beautiful maiden in a white dress. She’s the one who did it? She did not look like she possess any special abilities. He approaches her. “Please forgive my si mui for her behavior. I will make it up to you.”

“Argg…….,” said Wai-Yee who was fuming angrily. She could not believe her apprentice brother could be so kind and gentle! She just lost her face and he’s making her look even more ridiculous. She storms out of the room and curses him under her breathe for being so useless and noble.

“There is no need,” answers Yeuk Tung and she leaves without saying anything else.

Chi Ying could not think of anything else to say. He turns his attention back to Miss Sheh. “Miss Sheh, I can send for the doctors to look at the wounds cause by Wai-Yee,” he offers kindly. He raises his hand when she was about to object. “I insist since this is my fault. Please do not reject my offer. I don’t want people to think badly of our clan and this is the least I could do.”

She nods her head, “Alright then.”

Secretly, he’s been in love with Miss Sheh. But he did not have the opportunity or the guts to admit it to her. The discomfort between her sect and his clan also proves a hardship since her apprentice brother had run out from the wedding from his apprentice sister and making her lose face and pride.

Default Chapter 3: The Many Wonders in China

Yeuk Tung wanders the streets and thought to herself. She was deciding on her next move. How would she find To Man-Chat, leader of the Beggars Sect? He’s a wanderer according to Miss Sheh. Not only does she not have a plan, but she was starving. But she needed money in order to buy things. She didn’t have any nor does she know how to use it if she does.
    “Miss, miss,” calls a middle-age man who had approach her. “How would you like to earn lots of money and get lots of admirers?” He had seen the beautiful maiden walking alone and thought to himself, she would make him a fortune. Glancing up and down, he looks at her eagerly.

“No thank you,” replies Yeuk Tung coldly and she brushes him off. Continuing to walk, she has more important matters to attend to.

He was not going to let the miss go so easy and attempts to grab her arm and drag her off. But unknown to him, she is a highly skilled fighter. Before he barely touch her, she had sense his intention and use a small part of her inner qi to blow at him and causes him to fall backward.

The man fell down and felt the hard cement under his bottom. “Wait miss!” he calls out to her and when he tried to get up to go after her, the pain was a little severe. In less than five seconds, she was out of his sight and he could only scold himself for letting a beautiful maiden go like that.

From above, a man in his early to mid 20’s stares amazingly at the power of the young maiden. His hair was long and wavy, and his outfit suggests that he’s not from around here. He wore a blank and white outfit with a fur scarf wrapped around his neck. He took a sip of his wine and thought that China is truly a place filled with many wonders.

Even though she’s a true beauty and he had never seen anyone that could match up to her, his heart was unmoved. If he ever saw her again, he would challenge her to a duel. Fighting is his passion, but he only fought with those worthy in his eyes. She felt like a worthy candidate. He took some money out and laid it on the table. Grabbing his sword, he left after filling himself with more wine than food.

Yeuk Tung decided to go to the School of WuDang. Sifu had instructed her to go there and give their manual to Lau Chung Yan, master of the school. But why would she give the manual to someone else when it belongs to her sect? She did not understand. Yet it was sifu’s wish and she could not disappoint her. It was the least she could do after all that was done for her.

But this time, she would not walk straight into the school. She had seen the affect of what happen at the Beggars Sect. No, she plans to sneak in to avoid all the unnecessary events.
    WuDang was located outside the city and up on the mountains, isolated from society. She headed out of the city. The city was so big that she had to use her qinggong. But she didn’t use it to her complete ability because many people would notice. She did not need any more curious eyes.

By nightfall, she was out of the city and needed to find a place to rest. But the heavens were against her and it started to pour heavily. However, she was lucky to find an abandon temple. It was small and very dusty, but she didn’t mind. At least she has shelter from the rain. Her clothes were slightly wet once she ran inside the temple. Just as she adjusts her dress, two young teenagers ran in.

“Thank god we found a temple,” said a guy. He wore a beige outfit with a beige scarf tied around his neck. Judging from his look, he must be well off. He was shaking his clothes to get it dry up.

“I told you we should’ve stayed at the hotel, but someone here insists that we could make it to the city by nightfall,” said the girl next to him sarcastically. Her face was bright and cute. What stood out were her large, innocent eyes and the dimples on both sides of her cheeks when she scolds the guy. She was definitely from a rich family. Her pink dress was in many layers and her shoes were custom designed.

“Oh rest your case Xin Ru mui,” said the guy and he sat down. “If we stayed, your parents and mine would’ve caught up and we would be in so much trouble.” Then he notices another presence in the room. He looks up to see a girl in white and he screams, “Ahhh…….ghost.” He jumps up and grabs Xin Ru hand and pulls her back with him.

Yeuk Tung did not bother to answer, but sits down on the ground gracefully. She leans back against the brick column and closes her eyes. Slowly she harvests her inner qi. Even when she’s sleeping, she did not stop to learn. Her sifu had taught her a way to use her energy efficiently even while sleeping.

“That’s not a ghost Hon Leung ge ge,” said Xin Ru. She slaps his arm. “Can’t you see it’s a girl sleeping? If she really is a ghost, don’t you think she would try to scare us or something?” She pushes him away and sat down on the ground.

Zhong Hon Leung frowns to himself and mutters, “She’s wearing all white and her skin is so pale. Anyone would’ve thought she’s a ghost. Besides, have you seen a human this stunning? Only angels and ghosts.” He sat down next to her.

Again, Xin Ru slaps his arm. “What are you afraid of ghosts for?” She felt jealous that he had just praise another girl even though his words are true. She is stunningly beautiful; almost like an angel from heaven. But she shook herself from such thoughts. She knew deep down that Hon Leung only loves her. Instead she questions him, “Did you do something bad that you’re afraid of letting others know?” She raise her eyebrow at him.

He rolls his eyes at her. “Do I look like a criminal in hiding? No criminal is this handsome,” he praises himself and smirks. “But then…after today, I might as well be a criminal. My parents are going to kill me when they find me gone. That means I can never go home,” he said sadly. Then less than a second later, his face brightens up and he smiles. “Oh well, that means I don’t have to take any more lessons from them. I won’t be bore to death.”

“Yea, my parents will probably think I elope with you or something,” said Xin Ru and she frown. That may be true, but they haven’t done anything. They were merely trying to scare their parents and making them see things their way. “Dad will murder you first and then me,” she said thinking out loud.

“What’s wrong with eloping with me? You’ve already done so.” demands Hon Leung. “I’m smart, handsome and a skill fighter. So many girls would line up just to marry me.” Then he thought about her dad and what she had just said. “Worse comes to worst, I’ll just hide behind you if you dad does decide to kill me.”

“Keep dreaming,” she said and rolls her eyes at him. “But just to warn you, my dad will murder you if he ever finds you.” She was secretly scaring him, but in a way…her dad might just do it. She is the only daughter and any guy who would dare to lay a finger on her would feel the wrath of her father. “Hey…you just said you’re a skill fighter, what would a skill fighter be hiding behind a girl for?” She chuckles at him and pinches his cheek playfully.

“I’m a skilled fighter, but I cannot hit my father-in-law,” he states honorably. “That would be wrong and people would laugh at me. Since I cannot attack him, I would have to hide behind you.”

She laughs even harder. “You’re just saying that because you can’t beat him even if you try.”

He points one finger up. “One day I will. I’m young and still learning. He’s old and will be dead before me.”

Xin Ru slaps him for the third time that evening. “Don’t curse my father.”

“Geez…just kidding,” he said and rubs his arm.

Yeuk Tung could hear everything they say even though her eyes were close. She wasn’t sleeping. They must have run away because their parents disagree on their marriage. Anyone would’ve been happy for the two and wish them good luck. But she didn’t know the meaning of being happy for herself or for others.

Hon Leung smiles mischievously and wraps his arm around her. “But you know…if we bring home a baby, then maybe things will change.”

“Ewww….,” said Xin Ru and she push him away. “That’s disgusting. Who said I wanted to marry you? Besides, I’m too young to get marry. I’m barely 17 years old. I still want to explore the world.” She shudders to herself. Marriage is far from her mind. Yet, she was secretly happy that he was thinking about marrying her. They had known each other since little, but without their parent’s approval. Yet, they didn’t care and continue to see one another.

“Who else would marry you but me?” states Hon Leung. He had asked his parents permission to marry her before, but they simply refused and so had force him to run away with her. That was because their parents were in a feud well before they were born. They hate one another. But life is filled with surprises and he ended up falling in love with the enemy’s daughter.

Xin Ru didn’t answer. She was staring at the rain pouring outside and thinking to herself. It’s barely been a day away from home and she already misses her parents. They must be extremely angry and disappointed in her. She could picture her loving mother crying her eyes out and her father cursing her for being an ungrateful person.

Hon Leung glances at her said sad face and could tell she was thinking about her parents. “Don’t worry,” he reassure softly. “Your parents and mine will accept us being together one day.” Then he took his bag and digs inside. He found some bread and gave it to her. “Eat it, you haven’t eaten all day.”

She took the bread and stares at it. Then she sees the girl in white sitting across from her. Getting up, she approaches her. She stuck out the bread to her. Xin Ru didn’t know why, but she felt like doing so.

Yeuk Tung could hear someone approach her and opens her eyes to see the young girl standing in front of her. She looks up and sees that the girl wanted to give her some food. She was going to say ‘no’ but then ended up say, “Thank you.” She took the bread from the girl.

Xin Ru smiles kindly at her. “You welcome.” She heads back over to Hon Leung and sat down next to him. She leans her head against his shoulder and closes her eyes peacefully.

“Why did you give the bread to her?” asks Hon Leung. He didn’t object to it since doing nice deeds was a good thing, but he was just curious.

“Don’t know, just wanted to,” she replies with her eyes still shut tightly. “I’m sleepy now. Good night.” She decided not to worry too much. After all, the worst her parents could do is yell at her if they ever caught her. She knows that one day they’ll understand. They just forgot how it felt to be young and in love. Once they realize how much she was willing to risk to be with Hon Leung, they won’t separate them.

He turns his head slightly and kisses her forehead softly. “Good night Xin Ru mui.” Wrapping his arms around her and then resting his head on her head, he slowly falls asleep with his angel. He never worries about what his parents think because they always find something to scold him about. In their eyes, there’s always room for improvement and he’s nowhere near perfect according to their standard.

Yeuk Tung thought the girl was very strange, but kind. She continues to stare at the couple even when they were sleeping. But she was mostly studying the girl. It was like she reminded her of someone or maybe she had never seen a girl as cute as her. Already a day out in the world, she had seen three beauties. But none could measure up to the cuteness of the girl name Xin Ru.

Soon, she closes her eyes and fell asleep.

hey! im a reader of ur story on winglin. i love ur story so far. will be waiting for u to update soon.
    s.imple desires <-- click!

Default Chapter 4: A Friendship Develops

At the crack of dawn, Yeuk Tung had gotten up. She looks over to the young couple and found that they were still asleep and cuddling close together for warmth. She told herself that she would repay the girl someday for her food the previous night. She looks outside and sees the sunlight beaming brightly in the sky. Quietly, she makes her leave. She was going to travel to WuDang and seek the master of the school.

The day started out with a little wind and the chills that made people dress more warmly. She quickly uses her inner qi to warm herself up. Walking along the plains, there was barely anyone. Only a few people had passed her and they seem to be in a hurry to get out of the cold. Unexpectedly, a cold blast of wind blew right towards her. Yeuk Tung flew backward to balance herself and landed softly on the cold ground. When she looks up, she could distinctly make out two men fighting viciously.

One was dress in shabby, beige-color clothing and his hair seems to be untamed. His pale skin was unusual for a guy and was almost the same tone as her. His features are strikingly handsome and it defines his masculinity. The way his eyes strikingly narrow as he blocks and attacks his opponents makes him seem more intimidating.

The other guy was dress in dark clothes and wore a weird hat over his hair. His features are similar in contrast to his opponent. However, his jaw line is more pointed and his eyebrows are thicker. He also has as small moustache above his upper lip. His eye movements are concentrated directly on his opponent and every attack he makes is intended toward killing.

Yeuk Tung stood completely still as she watches the two battle out. Their fighting technique is almost completely similar in content. It was like the other knew what was expected and could counter-block or attack the opponent easily. If this keeps up, neither would win nor lose. It could go on for days. Just as she turns away to leave, a sword flew straight towards her. She was about to move out of the way when a hand grabs her.

The guy in shabby clothes saw that he had kicked his apprentice brother’s sword out of his and was flying towards a young maiden. Not wanting anyone to get hurt, he flew over to her and grabs her hand. Then he pulls her into his arms. When she rests against him, he lowers his eyes to meet the most beautiful angel that ever walk the earth. He couldn’t help but gaze at her stunning face. It was completely white and flawless just like her. Her eyes were well rounded, her lips naturally red, and her cheeks as rosy as petals on the leaves.

Yeuk Tung unexpectedly gazes up at the stranger who grabs her. Her eyes stare blankly into his and when they out of the sword’s aim. She quickly spins herself out of his arm. She could’ve avoided the sword without his help anyway.

The apprentice brother in dark clothes notices the girl too. He could see the mesmerizing look in his eyes as he stares at the girl in white. Taking advantage of the situation, he quickly grabs his sword and aims it straight towards Koo Tin Lok, his older apprentice brother.

Tin Lok quickly averts his attention back to Takeshi and blocks the attack with his sword. Both sword clashes and the two stare angrily into the other ones eyes. “Give up Takashi; you know you can’t outdo me.” He lifts his sword and stuck his hand out to release a ball of energy towards Takashi.

Takeshi jumps backward to avoid being hit.

Not wanting to get in the way, Yeuk Tung flies off quickly and quietly. When she knew she was far out of sight, she stops in the middle of a forest. Unsure of the direction, she decided to keep heading forward. The further she walks, the more trees seem to be surrounding her. Now she knew she was lost.

Yeuk Tung heard some men running and they were getting closer and closer to her. She turns around quickly and right before her stood a group of men with swords pointed at her. She stares at them, but made no move.

“You had better give back all the riches you’ve stolen you witch!” A short man with a long beard insulted at and waves his sword at her to try and scare her.

“It is such a shame that a beautiful maiden as yourself could be a conniving thief,” said another tall man with a clean face. “Have you no manners at all?”

“I have not taken anything from anyone,” Yeuk Tung replies back.

From high above in the trees, another young maiden dress completely in red with a red scarf covering her face watches with interest. She knew that the girl in white did not take anything. It was actually her that they were looking for. But she had escaped and they had followed her.

“Grab her,” shouts a man in his late 30’s.

The group of men with swords charged at her and wanted to take her hostage. She raises her both arms and a single, long, white scarf flew from her sleeves towards the men. They back up and attempt to use their swords to cut the white cloth. But Yeuk Tung was too quick and she knocks them to the ground. Then she uses her energy to draw all the swords towards her. She spins them around until they were in a neat stack and then she directed it back to the men. Their swords didn’t harm them, but it nailed a piece of their clothing to the ground.

The girl in red was amazed at such kungfu. She had never seen anything like it. The movement of the girl was quick, but light. She tries to think of what school or clan would use this type of kungfu, but her memory didn’t recall any.

When Yeuk Tung turns to leave, she heard someone with high qinggong approaching her. She quickly gathers up her energy into a ball and turns around to throw it at the person. He jumps back after seeing the gust of energy aim at him and landed on the ground firmly.

The girl in red jumps down and landed next to Yeuk Tung. She claps her hand and smirks. “A group of men cannot even bring down a young girl. How can you even call yourselves heroes of jiangnan?” mocks the girl in red.

The men pulled their swords and got up from the ground. They were all embarrass at being beaten by a young girl and hung their heads low. Yet they went behind Chen Yi Kin, a powerful disciple of the Ming Sect. He steps forwarded proudly and opens his fan. A young and confident man, he was often admired up by many jiangnan heroes as the next leader of jiangnan. He glances at the maiden and white and the maiden in red. The maiden in white was pure looking and surpass any beauty he had ever seen. The maiden in red had a scarf wrapped around her face so that he didn’t know her true identity. Yet, he had a feeling that she too was a stunning beauty. He smiles and steps forward to them. “May I ask why you have stolen from these men?”

“Because I can,” replies the girl in red haughtily. “Is it wrong to steal from the evil and give to the poor?”

“You evil witch!” shouts one of the men angrily.

She whips her head towards him and glares evilly. “Say that again and I will cut off your tongue!”

“May I ask for your name?” asks Yi Kin politely. He wanted to make peace and resolve the matter without swords.

“Choi Siu Fan,” said the girl in red. Then she turns to the girl in white. “I saw your fighting skills with those men earlier and was impress. I never saw any girl with such high inner power like myself before.” She smiles sincerely. “But it’s my fault that they attack you since I’m the real culprit.”

Yeuk Tung had never met such a straight forward person. This girl was bold and beautiful. She could tell that she was another female warrior. But she was curious about her as well. “Why do you cover your face with a veil?”

Sui Fan raises her hand to her face and pulls down her veil. “Now that they’ve caught up, there’s no need to hide. It’s just easier for me to steal when no one can recognize me.” Her beauty was exquisite and rare. Her face was oval shaped and her lips were red as blood. She seems to represent a dark beauty when standing next to Yeuk Tung. “What is your name?”

“Lee Yeuk Tung,” she replies.

“Do not ignore Master Chen when he’s standing here!” shouts another man angrily.

“It’s alright,” said Yi Kin. He smiles at Miss Choi. “I want to make you a deal. If I can beat you then will you give these men their belongings back?”

Sui Fan laughs out loud. “You’re challenging me to a duel?”

“You’re quite right,” said Yi Kin. “That would be embarrassing on my part. Even if I do win, it would not be anything proud to say. How about you and Miss Lee against me? That would be fairer.”

Sui Fan narrows her eyes at him angrily. “Are you saying that I, alone, cannot defeat you?” She felt highly insulted. Never had she lost a battle in her life and she was sure that she could defeat him easily.

He smiles sincerely. “Of course I am not implying anything. I only thought it would be fair for the two of you to duel against me. How could a righteous man, like myself, battle against a lady. I would be laugh at by people and my master would scold me for picking a fight with a lady.”

She turns to Miss Lee and said, “How about it? I’m sure we could defeat this arrogant person even faster.”

Yeuk Tung nods in agreement and Sui Fan pulls out her long whip. Together, they launch an attack against Yi Kin. He quickly blocks their attack with his fan and jumps backward. Their powers combine was higher than he expected it. Siu Fan caught Yi Kin’s fan with her whip and Yeuk Tung long cloth flew towards Yi Kin and wraps his hand. He was unwilling to let go of his fan and was pulled forward. The two maidens strike him with their palms and he fell back. Yeuk Tung releases her grip on his hand and Siu Fan was able to pull his fan out of his grip.

Yi Kin admitted defeat. “I have never met an opponent like the two of you. You have really broadened my horizons. There are truly hidden secrets in the jiangnan.” He turns towards the men. “I’m sorry, but this is out of my hands. I cannot help anymore.”

Siu Fan smiles victoriously. “So I guess this is mine now?” she said and smirks at the pathetic men. She looks at Yeuk Tung and said, “How about joining me for a drink if you’re not too busy?”

The men could not do anything for they were no match for the two maidens. Instead, they secretly scold Yi Kin for being too softhearted and losing his face to two maidens.

Yeuk Tung could not turn down the offer because she was intrigue by Siu Fan. “Sure,” she replies.

Sui Fan gave one last glance at Yi Kin and raises her eyebrows at him. Then she jumps up and flew over the trees.

Yeuk Tung knew she was being tested and flies after Sui Fan.

Yi Kin stood back and watches them fly away. He lost fair and square. There was nothing shameful of that. His master told him that winning and losing was part of being human. No one can be the best because there’s always someone who’s better. There’s a tall mountain, but there are other taller mountains. He smiles to himself before turning around and leave.

“Wait,” said one of the men. “Are we going to let them go like that?”

He turns to them and said, “I’m a man of my word. You guys can go after them if you wish.” With that, he left.

“We will surely bring this up with Master Chow!” said another man angrily.

oOo.. another chapter! awesome. i have one question, why was tin lok and takeshi dressed so differently if they were from the same sect? some parts were a litto odd though.. like out of place... but everything else is good. update soon. =D
    s.imple desires <-- click!

Quote Originally Posted by kaiyi
    oOo.. another chapter! awesome. i have one question, why was tin lok and takeshi dressed so differently if they were from the same sect? some parts were a litto odd though.. like out of place... but everything else is good. update soon. =D
    Tin Lok disguised himself to run away so he was trying to dress like a commoner or like everyone else.

I've read this on Winglin, hope you will update soon
    www.winglin.net/fanfic/Emilyy8 [Raymond Lam, Bosco Wong, Ron Ng]

www.winglin.net/fanfic/Emilyy5 [oneshots]

Smile compliment

i like your writing style, this story is fab!