Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Nodame Cantabile

There is dialogue in French but it was generally used for the initial scenes in part 1 when characters like Frank and Tanya were introduced and when Nodame and Chiaki first arrived in Paris. After that, all the dialogue reverted back to Japanese.

I've watched both parts and I enjoyed it very much although I'd say that I'm inclined to pick part 2 as the better of the two. This special shows the professional growth of Nodame and Chiaki in their music pursuits as well as their relationship as a couple after they come to Paris. There are fewer comic moments here since Masumi, the main source of it together with Nodame, is in Japan and the two new characters introduced - Tanya and Frank play rather small, inconsequential roles. Part 2 is my favourite with the whole array of moods and emotions it swept me up in, particularly with the music pieces used and Nodame's journey of self-discovery which I found very moving. And, of course, there's the change in Chiaki's behaviour towards Nodame from brusque to ... ... oh well he still shies from calling her his girlfriend.

Viewership ratings:
    Part 1 - 18.9%
    Part 2 - 21.0%

i was wait for chiaki to perform violin after nodame resital, but they didnt show it up so sadddddddddd!! chiaki and nodame fighting on the bridge in christmast eve very hilarious! i hope they will make 2nd season or sp 2?

Senior Member f.alchemist_freak's Avatar

I doubt it - at least not anytime soon, since the manga's storyline is about up til there as well
    click to show/hide spoilers
    the kissing part which i strongly believe (since I haven't watch it) is to be the ending of the SP, correct me someone if i'm wrong.
    Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.

Quote Originally Posted by f.alchemist_freak View Post
    I doubt it - at least not anytime soon, since the manga's storyline is about up til there as well
    the kissing part which i strongly believe (since I haven't watch it) is to be the ending of the SP, correct me someone if i'm wrong.
    yeah i know coz i brought all the manga till the latest one
    锋!!
    Nicholas Tse Official Blog!
    http://www.alivenotdead.com/nicholastse

Quote Originally Posted by f.alchemist_freak View Post
    It didn't end with the kiss. The last scene took place after Chiaki's debut in Europe as a conductor. Nodame rushed backstage to ask for his autograph and very "innocently" told him that she had forgotten how his kiss felt like and asked for another. She closes her eyes and waits but Chiaki mischievously uses a marker pen to draw a spiral design on both her cheeks. Then they are interrupted by someone who tells Chiaki to go back on stage. And he turns to leave but then rushes back to embrace Nodame tightly.

Quote Originally Posted by jade_frosts View Post
    It didn't end with the kiss. The last scene took place after Chiaki's debut in Europe as a conductor. Nodame rushed backstage to ask for his autograph and very "innocently" told him that she had forgotten how his kiss felt like and asked for another. She closes her eyes and waits but Chiaki mischievously uses a marker pen to draw a spiral design on both her cheeks. Then they are interrupted by someone who tells Chiaki to go back on stage. And he turns to leave but then rushes back to embrace Nodame tightly.
    ahhhhh.......tat's so sweet....makes me even more impatient to watch it.

I finally finish watching. it was wonderful - so many little moments to treasure. I love the development of both Nodame & Chiaki's music as well as their relationship together. It was really nice to see Chiaki finally expressing so many different emotions such as how he really feels about Nodame & his jealousy etc compared to before where he was only interested in his music.

this drama is so good.. haven't watch the sp yet.. gonna watch it eventhough i've already the spoiler you guys posted.. lol.
    ARASHI FOR DREAM...

Quote Originally Posted by Leen_zhihai View Post
    this drama is so good.. haven't watch the sp yet.. gonna watch it eventhough i've already the spoiler you guys posted.. lol.
    haha - even with all the spoilers - the drama wasn't "spoilt" at all to me. I still enjoy it to the fullest. after all, you must watch the real thing to experience it. Hope you get to watch it soon!

I've just finished the two special and behind the scenes. What can I say...It is exactly what I've expected and MUCH MUCH more!! It was honestly so satisfying as I can see Chiaki and Nodame progress that much. THEY are SO CUTE!! It's just as great as the drama itself. I find no flaws in this whole production..it was well crafted, GREAT music, great humour and of course...GREAT romance. Too bad theres no season two to this. I find that this is the BEST jap drama I've watched...even compared to tvb ones (i still love them..but this one is just too amazing) watching behind the scenes, i can see ueno juri and tamaki hiroshi worked really hard. they had to listen to the music in order to give the right expression! LOVE them...by the way....in japanese name, does the lastname goes first or the first name? All in all...EVERYONE in this drama did an amazing job. Is there by chance any jap drama out there that is similar to this or is good? thanks!
    no matter how you live, happy or sad, it will still be your life to waste so why not waste it happily?...

for japanese, family name come first before their given name..
    ARASHI FOR DREAM...

Quote Originally Posted by bittersweet View Post
    I've just finished the two special and behind the scenes. What can I say...It is exactly what I've expected and MUCH MUCH more!! It was honestly so satisfying as I can see Chiaki and Nodame progress that much. THEY are SO CUTE!! It's just as great as the drama itself. I find no flaws in this whole production..it was well crafted, GREAT music, great humour and of course...GREAT romance. Too bad theres no season two to this. I find that this is the BEST jap drama I've watched...even compared to tvb ones (i still love them..but this one is just too amazing) watching behind the scenes, i can see ueno juri and tamaki hiroshi worked really hard. they had to listen to the music in order to give the right expression! LOVE them...by the way....in japanese name, does the lastname goes first or the first name? All in all...EVERYONE in this drama did an amazing job. Is there by chance any jap drama out there that is similar to this or is good? thanks!
    I totally agree. I finished watching it in one sitting, well technically two, because I had to eat but it was totally good. Not exaggerated but the emotions were there. The scoring was amazing and boosted by appreciation for classical music. I looooove Nodame Cantabille!!!! That's all I have to say...

Nodame is hands down one of my most favorite Japanese series ever. At the beginning, I felt a few scenes were exaggerated a bit too much, but then it is from a manga afterall, so it's understandable. And at least those scenes looked a lot better than the DBY exaggerations....I had to cringe when seeing those, despite how cute Rainie can be.

The story is great, the music is wonderful, and the cast is awesome! Juri really impressed me with her role here...and then totally surprised me in Last Friends. She's indeed very versatile...however, I still like her the most as the adorable Nodame.

one weird thing i noticed though, was that the live action jdorama was a bit more cartoonish (in approach) than the anime? hahaha! I saw the anime after the drama and was surprised to see that Chiaki was more comical in the series than in the cartoon version.. no complaints though

my favorite part was when Chiaki senpai accompanied Maestro Stresseman on tour in such a short notice and NOdame was forced to deal with realizations about her music on her own. It was very dramatic and I really felt for Nodame... The actors were really great and the storyline/ pacing was good as well...

The good thing about the series is that both characters were able to grow independently and together, to create an ending that is acceptable and laudable to all...

Two Nodame Cantabile films will be produced and released in 2009 and 2010. The first movie will be screened in December 2009 and the other will follow three months later, in March or April.

Ueno Juri and Tamaki Hiroshi will reprise their roles.

Finally a movie version for Nodame which usually does after high ratings of drama & SP. I wonder if Eita & Mizukawa will reprise their roles as well since the SP did not show much about the couple's development.

Quote Originally Posted by kenixgoh View Post
    Finally a movie version for Nodame which usually does after high ratings of drama & SP. I wonder if Eita & Mizukawa will reprise their roles as well since the SP did not show much about the couple's development.
    Maybe and maybe not since quite a lot of the movie will be set in Europe and Kiyora's the only one there although that may only be for one of the movies.

More information will be released towards the end of the year.
    Last edited by jade_frosts; 01-15-09 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jade_frosts View Post
    Two Nodame Cantabile films will be produced and released in 2009 and 2010. The first movie will be screened in December 2009 and the other will follow three months later, in March or April.

Ueno Juri and Tamaki Hiroshi will reprise their roles.
    OMG! I can't wait! Will they follow the same story as the series, do you think, or will it show new developments in the relationship of NOdame and Chiaki? I watched the Kurosagi the movie after I finished the series only to be disappointed that there wasn't much development in the love story in the movie.... hahaha! I'm such a doofus!

Quote Originally Posted by anggemb View Post
    OMG! I can't wait! Will they follow the same story as the series, do you think, or will it show new developments in the relationship of NOdame and Chiaki? I watched the Kurosagi the movie after I finished the series only to be disappointed that there wasn't much development in the love story in the movie.... hahaha! I'm such a doofus!
    Isn't the mangaka in some sort of condition that they've put things on hold until the mangaka could continue the manga? I mean that's what I read somewhere and its also the reason the 2nd season of the anime stopped abruptly too.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Isn't the mangaka in some sort of condition that they've put things on hold until the mangaka could continue the manga? I mean that's what I read somewhere and its also the reason the 2nd season of the anime stopped abruptly too.
    sorry, i just got carried away when i heard about the movies. i only read about the mangaka being on break after you mentioned it. The mangaka has a condition called carpal tunnel syndrome where there is an obstruction of blood flowing in the veins in the wrist area, resulting in numbness and pain and temporary paralysis of the fingers. My mom had the same condition and had surgery because of it. hopefully, the mangaka recovers through therapy soon so we could find out what happens to the adorable Nodame and the unruffled Chiaki :-) I love NODAME CANTABILE!