Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Nodame Cantabile

There's always braces as an option if it bothers him...

Quote Originally Posted by Grifis
    I think he doesn't like his imperfect teeth so he doesn't smile fully often demo kare no egao wa kirei desu ne? (at least from this point of view )
    Hontou ni kirei desu! Miryokuna egao. Domo arigatou gozaimashita. Mune ga doki doki shitara koi ni ochiteru kana.

How was CA to Oyobi? I didn't watch it because I'm not very much into Mizuki Arisa. I like how Shosuke's eyes crinkle when he smiles and how his smile radiates such warmth and charm...I can't get enough of it!!!

Anyway, you didn't miss anything by skipping Last Christmas. I found it quite a trying drama to watch because there were so many romantic entanglements but no engaging characters. And frankly, the idea of Oda Yuji and Yada Akiko romancing was quite difficult to swallow.

As for Fuurin Kazan, is Gackt taking part of the cast or something? Well, I know I'll be watching for Shosuke for sure.
    Oh yes Gackt is starring in Fuurin Kazan as Uesugi Kenshin a famous warlord who eventually became a monk. http://www.nhk.or.jp/drama/index.html

When I saw Shosuke in Gokusen, I didn't find him particulaly charming but I guess it could either be that his role was too minor or it could be a matter of different people having different taste.

I saw so many times in minor roles and the first time I saw him I thought he was attractive and I think the more I see him the deeper I fall and now it's reaching the point of no return.

Quote Originally Posted by jade_frosts
    Hontou ni kirei desu! Miryokuna egao. Domo arigatou gozaimashita. Mune ga doki doki shitara koi ni ochiteru kana.

How was CA to Oyobi? I didn't watch it because I'm not very much into Mizuki Arisa. I like how Shosuke's eyes crinkle when he smiles and how his smile radiates such warmth and charm...I can't get enough of it!!!
    I don't like the main girl as well but I endured for Shosuke. Surprisingly, he has a good amount of screen time (and much more so than Top Caster.) I prefer his character in Top Caster though. CA to oyobi is not that great. Actually it's kind of boring but seeing Shosuke's smiles is well worth it I guess. I think I want to upgrade Shosuke's status to the 'hubby' status, and much more prestigious than Tamaki's status right now. Others don't have to look at him so it's only fair that I look at him. How's that eh?

I saw so many times in minor roles and the first time I saw him I thought he was attractive and I think the more I see him the deeper I fall and now it's reaching the point of no return.

I don't like the main girl as well but I endured for Shosuke. Surprisingly, he has a good amount of screen time (and much more so than Top Caster.) I prefer his character in Top Caster though. CA to oyobi is not that great. Actually it's kind of boring but seeing Shosuke's smiles is well worth it I guess. I think I want to upgrade Shosuke's status to the 'hubby' status, and much more prestigious than Tamaki's status right now. Others don't have to look at him so it's only fair that I look at him. How's that eh?
    Can we share him??!?!?! Hahaha gee...this is fast turning into a Shosuke Tanihara thread!!!

I first noticed Shosuke in Kyuumei Byoto Nijuyo Ji II when he played an ER doctor. He sported long hair then. It was quite an insignificant role but he made an impression. Then, there was Koi no Chikara where he played Eri Fukatsu's ex-boyfriend who returns for her and wants to make her his bride but is rejected because Eri has decided that she wants to focus on her work at the advertising startup. I was actually rooting for him and hoping she'd say yes (well, if she did, the drama would have to stop there), and was quite crushed on his behalf that she turned him down. And before catching him in Top Caster, I watched him in Koi ni Ochitara where he played a manager in an up-and-coming IT firm who doesn't take too kindly to Tsuyoshi Kusanagi's character and working style but is eventually won over. He looks great in suits! These roles haven't really given him an opportunity to show his repertoire so I hope that he gets meatier roles in 2007.

Oh yes, it is confirmed that he will be starring with Nakama Yukie in this drama called Erai Tokoro ni Yomeide Shimatta (see Upcoming Japanese Dramas for more info). It looks like he will play a weak character but I'm definitely watching it.

What a difference the clothes and hair style make! I adore Tamaki's look in Nodame. Totemo kakkoi! I remember how amused I was when I saw him in the Waterboys movie with that big frizzy hairstyle and mole. It's such a departure from this suave image now!

Have you caught Ep 7 yet?

Can we share him??!?!?! Hahaha gee...this is fast turning into a Shosuke Tanihara thread!!!
    No, of course not. Shoo shoo... take your hands off him...

I first noticed Shosuke in Kyuumei Byoto Nijuyo Ji II when he played an ER doctor. He sported long hair then. It was quite an insignificant role but he made an impression. Then, there was Koi no Chikara where he played Eri Fukatsu's ex-boyfriend who returns for her and wants to make her his bride but is rejected because Eri has decided that she wants to focus on her work at the advertising startup. I was actually rooting for him and hoping she'd say yes (well, if she did, the drama would have to stop there), and was quite crushed on his behalf that she turned him down. And before catching him in Top Caster, I watched him in Koi ni Ochitara where he played a manager in an up-and-coming IT firm who doesn't take too kindly to Tsuyoshi Kusanagi's character and working style but is eventually won over. He looks great in suits! These roles haven't really given him an opportunity to show his repertoire so I hope that he gets meatier roles in 2007.

Oh yes, it is confirmed that he will be starring with Nakama Yukie in this drama called Erai Tokoro ni Yomeide Shimatta (see Upcoming Japanese Dramas for more info). It looks like he will play a weak character but I'm definitely watching it.
    You know I actually don't remember which was the first series I saw him but I remember he was sporting the curly hair style, like the pic at jdorama. Even then I thought he was attractive (and somewhat was rooting for him eventhough he didn't play a nice guy.) I totally didn't notice him in Emergency 24. I guess I was taken by Hideaki Ito then.

It's too bad that he keeps playing these 'wall flowers' characters, who is every woman's dream but never is the main guy. I'm looking forward to watch his 2 dramas for sure. I have to support the 'hubby' you know.

What a difference the clothes and hair style make! I adore Tamaki's look in Nodame. Totemo kakkoi! I remember how amused I was when I saw him in the Waterboys movie with that big frizzy hairstyle and mole. It's such a departure from this suave image now!

Have you caught Ep 7 yet?
    Heck, I'm still downloading. I think they uploaded a bit later than before so I don't think I'll be able to watch it till tomorrow.

Following the English soft subs by s-project, I am only up to episode 6, sigh~~

The before and after pictures are oh so very amusing, oh yea clothes and hair are everything!! I couldn't tell Tamaki was in Water Boys until I read it somewhere, cause he looked so different in there.

No, of course not. Shoo shoo... take your hands off him...
    Looks like we will have to battle it out!

You know I actually don't remember which was the first series I saw him but I remember he was sporting the curly hair style, like the pic at jdorama. Even then I thought he was attractive (and somewhat was rooting for him eventhough he didn't play a nice guy.) I totally didn't notice him in Emergency 24. I guess I was taken by Hideaki Ito then.
    I guess I was doing quite a bit of multi-tasking then swooning over Eguchi Yosuke, Ito Hideaki as well as Shosuke. Haha. Unfortunately, Hideaki doesn't seem to act very frequently in dramas - one a year at the most? Although he was in Bengoshi no Kuzu this year. I watched the first episode and decided I didn't like Hideaki's lawyer character enough to tolerate the drama.

It's too bad that he keeps playing these 'wall flowers' characters, who is every woman's dream but never is the main guy. I'm looking forward to watch his 2 dramas for sure. I have to support the 'hubby' you know.
    At least he's getting somewhere. From a really minor supporting role to one of the main roles in a drama now although he seems to keep getting typecasted. Maybe he'll come of age like Abe Hiroshi at 42. Well I hope I don't have to wait that long!!!

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    The before and after pictures are oh so very amusing, oh yea clothes and hair are everything!! I couldn't tell Tamaki was in Water Boys until I read it somewhere, cause he looked so different in there.
    Haha indeed. Just like trying to recognise Koide Keisuke without that frizzy hair that his character Masumi sports in Nodame Cantabile. I'm just glad they chose Tamaki to play Chiaki. I doubt Okada would have pulled it off.
    Last edited by jade_frosts; 11-29-06 at 03:40 AM.

Looks like we will have to battle it out!
    Hey it's only natural. After all, all is fair in love and war. But you know I upgraded him to 'hubby' status that means he's the most desirable male in my book, on top of all other eye candies in history. If you want to battle it out he has to be in the same position in your list of eye candies as well. If that's the case, we're on honey.

I guess I was doing quite a bit of multi-tasking then swooning over Eguchi Yosuke, Ito Hideaki as well as Shosuke. Haha. Unfortunately, Hideaki doesn't seem to act very frequently in dramas - one a year at the most? Although he was in Bengoshi no Kuzu this year. I watched the first episode and decided I didn't like Hideaki's lawyer character enough to tolerate the drama.
    I didn't fall for Yosuke until Lunch Queen. I fell for Ito after watching Yasha so I got Emergency 24 for Ito's sake. I haven't seen Ito for a while. My love for him kind of faded a bit. It can't be helped. My heart belongs to another man now.

At least he's getting somewhere. From a really minor supporting role to one of the main roles in a drama now although he seems to keep getting typecasted. Maybe he'll come of age like Abe Hiroshi at 42. Well I hope I don't have to wait that long!!!
    One can only hope. Hiroshi is doing incredibly well at his age but I do admit he has charisma.

Haha indeed. Just like trying to recognise Koide Keisuke without that frizzy hair that his character Masumi sports in Nodame Cantabile. I'm just glad they chose Tamaki to play Chiaki. I doubt Okada would have pulled it off.
    Okada? That old and not so good looking guy? I wouldn't be watching it if that was the case. That would be no eye candy for me.

Oh gosh ... Tamaki really look handsome and great in NC but quite gross in Water Boys Shosuke in my opinion has significantly lesser appeal as compared to Tamaki

Quote Originally Posted by Elfie88
    Oh gosh ... Tamaki really look handsome and great in NC but quite gross in Water Boys Shosuke in my opinion has significantly lesser appeal as compared to Tamaki
    Yeah I do agree that Tamaki is 'universally' more appealing than Shosuke but there are factors that attract me to Shosuke more so than Tamaki (therefore I put him on top of my list.) After all, love defies reason and make up reasons to fit one's credentials. For one, Shosuke has really nice physique and is really tall (and I like a tall man with good physique.) Second, he has a very warm voice. His voice is so soothing I just can't get enough. Third, he's not that popular and doesn't have the sparkles like other actors. If he's too popular, too many females will be claiming him so I'll have a hard time fighting to claim him. I'm already having to fight with jade here (and he's not even that popular.) Fourth, he seems to be the serious type with a dry sense of humor (so sometimes he seems awkward when he tries to be funny and I find that cute. I like serious type too. I know I'm weird.) Fifth, although he's not extremely good looking, he's really charming and his smiles are beautiful. I love his beautiful smile (and this is actually pretty important). That sums up why he's on 'hubby' status in my personal book.

Yeah I do agree that Tamaki is 'universally' more appealing than Shosuke but there are factors that attract me to Shosuke more so than Tamaki (therefore I put him on top of my list.) After all, love defies reason and make up reasons to fit one's credentials. For one, Shosuke has really nice physique and is really tall (and I like a tall man with good physique.) Second, he has a very warm voice. His voice is so soothing I just can't get enough. Third, he's not that popular and doesn't have the sparkles like other actors. If he's too popular, too many females will be claiming him so I'll have a hard time fighting to claim him. I'm already having to fight with jade here (and he's not even that popular.) Fourth, he seems to be the serious type with a dry sense of humor (so sometimes he seems awkward when he tries to be funny and I find that cute. I like serious type too. I know I'm weird.) Fifth, although he's not extremely good looking, he's really charming and his smiles are beautiful. I love his beautiful smile (and this is actually pretty important). That sums up why he's on 'hubby' status in my personal book.
    Wow Grifis, I can see you are crazy about him at the moment. I for one, don't really find that his smile is exceptional but I totally understand where you are coming from. He just appeals to you and I am sure you can see something in him and his smile that I dont'.

Ep 7
    Confession time baby.

"I have a confession to make."
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/1681/0709cf0.jpg')
    "I... I..."
    Kuroki is smitten with Nodame and Chiaki is alarmed.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/7627/0718rj0.jpg')
    oOooO this is interesting. My speed is so so slow ... I think I may only get to watch it tomorrow. Given how fixated and devoted Nodame is to Chiaki, I don't think her feelings will waver but it's great that someone's giving Chiaki a good jolt.

Suteki suteki! I love you Grifis. Hahaha. You made my day.

he's not that popular and doesn't have the sparkles like other actors. If he's too popular, too many females will be claiming him so I'll have a hard time fighting to claim him. I'm already having to fight with jade here (and he's not even that popular.) Fourth, he seems to be the serious type with a dry sense of humor (so sometimes he seems awkward when he tries to be funny and I find that cute. I like serious type too. I know I'm weird.) Fifth, although he's not extremely good looking, he's really charming and his smiles are beautiful. I love his beautiful smile (and this is actually pretty important). That sums up why he's on 'hubby' status in my personal book.
    I thoroughly agree with the charms you ascribed to Shosuke. I like tall men with good physique and a dry sense of humour too. And his voice is such a smooth, velvety and musical baritone that it just makes me melt each time I hear it. Tamaki's voice is a bit too scratchy for me when he raises it.

Well, I shall let you claim Shosuke as 'hubby' even though I'll never be immune to those warm, twinkling brown eyes, and beautiful smiles. For me, it will be Abe Hiroshi! Watching him in Saigo no Bengoshi now.
    Last edited by jade_frosts; 11-30-06 at 07:18 AM.

Sorry to interrupt the Shosuke and Tamaki fandom obviously charging at full speed here ....and your enthusiasum just amazes me ....but just want to say that its really interesting how different guys appeal to different people here..its like there's something about different male artists that just gets us. Though there are so many male artists out there but there are different fans who can see something special about each of them and that's amazing.

Suteki suteki! I love you Grifis. Hahaha. You made my day.

I thoroughly agree with the charms you ascribed to Shosuke. I like tall men with good physique and a dry sense of humour too. And his voice is such a smooth, velvety and musical baritone that it just makes me melt each time I hear it. Tamaki's voice is a bit too scratchy for me when he raises it.
    I think that concludes all the caps I have on Shosuke until his new dramas. The other thing is I'm back into older males now. Shosuke is also older than me while Tamaki is younger. I'll make an exception for Tamaki since he's so hot in NC. Tamaki is following right behind Shosuke.

Well, I shall let you claim Shosuke as 'hubby' even though I'll never be immune to those warm, twinkling brown eyes, and beautiful smiles. For me, it will be Abe Hiroshi! Watching him in Saigo no Bengoshi now.
    Excellent. I adore Abe Hiroshi as well but he's more in the favorite/good actors category and he's not in the eye candies batch.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    Sorry to interrupt the Shosuke and Tamaki fandom obviously charging at full speed here ....and your enthusiasum just amazes me ....but just want to say that its really interesting how different guys appeal to different people here..its like there's something about different male artists that just gets us. Though there are so many male artists out there but there are different fans who can see something special about each of them and that's amazing.
    Yeah I'm well aware that I'm heavily inclined but that is not to say I don't see that he's not attractive to others and that is ok. Just like how I don't see YamaP is attractive while apparently many others do.