Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Nodame Cantabile

Default Nodame Cantabile

l would like to watch this if I can.. look interesting
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

I am only up to episode 2 and I am totally loving the show. It can get a bit over the top and lame sometimes, as expected from a show adapted from a manga, but overall the first two episodes were hilarious and very entertaining.

By the way, I think I am in love too, how can anybody not be in love with Tamaki Hiroshi after watching Nodame Cantabile??

I concur. Chiaki is such a likeable character which makes Hiroshi all the more hot. Sure he's arrogant but he's really nice (especially to Nodame). He cooks for her like almost every episode. If I'm Nodame I would stick to him like glue as well.

My impulse is kicking in and I'm on a look out for all Hiroshi Tamaki stuff. I saw him before but really pay attention. He is really hot. Looks like I'll get Top Caster for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Grifis
    I concur. Chiaki is such a likeable character which makes Hiroshi all the more hot. Sure he's arrogant but he's really nice (especially to Nodame). He cooks for her like almost every episode. If I'm Nodame I would stick to him like glue as well.

My impulse is kicking in and I'm on a look out for all Hiroshi Tamaki stuff. I saw him before but really pay attention. He is really hot. Looks like I'll get Top Caster for sure.
    I didn't like Tamaki in Top Caster. I thought the character they casted him as was really bland and rather silly (though in a good, simple-minded way) i.e. forgettable. But his role as Chiaki has won me over again. OooOoo haha yeah he's hot. His star is really rising!

Something prob out of context ..but would you believe that I have the exact toy model replica of that steamboat pot plus the scoop as shown in the screencaps above?!! I thought that was such a kawaii coinsidence!!

Quote Originally Posted by jade_frosts
    I didn't like Tamaki in Top Caster. I thought the character they casted him as was really bland and rather silly (though in a good, simple-minded way) i.e. forgettable. But his role as Chiaki has won me over again. OooOoo haha yeah he's hot. His star is really rising!
    I was lucky enough to get a hold of first 2 eps of Top Caster and I like it. Originally I had all the intention to watch it for Yada Akiko and Shosuke Tanihara (since I'm quite fond of them) but I got carried with Kame's Sapuri and neglected Top Caster. The first 2 eps were pretty enjoyable. Tamaki's char didn't really stand out or anything but I found his char rather down to earth and loveable. I really like his smile (especially at Akiko since he was smitten with her apparently), very sweet and charming. Ep 2 was especially funny with the can thing. Tamaki opened it and he passed out while others dropped like flies when they entered the room. Yuki's Tsubaki did the classic motion pressing against the blinds. And how could I forget Kodama-san's facial expression. It was hilarious.

I was lucky enough to get a hold of first 2 eps of Top Caster and I like it. Originally I had all the intention to watch it for Yada Akiko and Shosuke Tanihara (since I'm quite fond of them) but I got carried with Kame's Sapuri and neglected Top Caster. The first 2 eps were pretty enjoyable. Tamaki's char didn't really stand out or anything but I found his char rather down to earth and loveable. I really like his smile (especially at Akiko since he was smitten with her apparently), very sweet and charming. Ep 2 was especially funny with the can thing. Tamaki opened it and he passed out while others dropped like flies when they entered the room. Yuki's Tsubaki did the classic motion pressing against the blinds. And how could I forget Kodama-san's facial expression. It was hilarious.
    I like Shosuke Tanihara too! Haha yeah that scene was utterly hilarious. The can supposedly contained one of the foulest smelling food edible, surströmming (sour herring). I loved Yuki Amami in Top Caster but I was rather disappointed that they chose to focus the whole drama mainly on the interactions between Haruka and Nozomi.

And back to Nodame Cantabile, a Nodame Cafe was opened in Harajuku last month, seemingly to coincide with the start of the drama. The cafe features classical music as well as food that has appeared in the drama such as “Nodame Cream Stew”. http://wwwz.fujitv.co.jp/nodame/cafe/

Ep 4. I couldn't take my eyes off Tamaki. (Sorry I'm rather inclined.)
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/2325/046ql0.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/9951/048sf4.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/4116/0410sz0.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/5717/0424te8.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img472.imageshack.us/img472/6196/0426cr8.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/3387/0430ta1.jpg')

Since I put too many for Tamaki, I have to reduce for couple pics. Here are two.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/7326/042qw6.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img472.imageshack.us/img472/1571/0432me7.jpg')

I like Shosuke Tanihara too! Haha yeah that scene was utterly hilarious. The can supposedly contained one of the foulest smelling food edible, surströmming (sour herring). I loved Yuki Amami in Top Caster but I was rather disappointed that they chose to focus the whole drama mainly on the interactions between Haruka and Nozomi.
    I saw the actress Yuki and I thought I've seen her somewhere before. Not until later that I remember she played the main bishonen in Tale of Genji with Tokiwa. Just saw more of Top Caster. I really like the two couples Shosuke/Yuki and Tamaki/Yada. Tamaki is so boyish and cute in here. Love him. Shosuke plays the serious guy and really looks good with Yuki. It seems Shosuke is pretty (stiff) serious in real life too.

Ep 4. I couldn't take my eyes off Tamaki. (Sorry I'm rather inclined.)
    Haha rightly so!

Thanks for the pictures, I haven't seen Ep4 yet!!! Tamaki looks heavenly. What nice cheekbones tooo....*swoon*

I haven't watch episode 4 either, oh my god, Tamaki is absolutely gorgeous in the screen caps. Can't wait to watch it >.<

The last picture is so so sweet!

Is it just me, or does Tamaki looks like he had a bit too much make up on in this picture, or was he meant to be blushing during that scene.
    Last edited by beansprouts; 11-08-06 at 07:57 AM.

I just want to post another one of Tamaki's heavenly sleeping face.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/8392/0434st0.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    I haven't watch episode 4 either, oh my god, Tamaki is absolutely gorgeous in the screen caps. Can't wait to watch it >.<

The last picture is so so sweet!

Is it just me, or does Tamaki looks like he had a bit too much make up on in this picture, or was he meant to be blushing during that scene.
    Well generally the whole cast look like they have the same amount of make-up on. In that pic, Chiaki was thinking about how in the past he didn't have a kotatsu since he was living in Europe.

I'm so jealous .. I want to watch this too!!!!!! GGRRRRR....
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

The female lead was with Kame in the kindachi TV movie special.
    From the screencaps, Hiroshi Tamaki has eyes that looked ‘shui wang wang’, so manga-like. Some if you pointed out that he had too much make up on. I am not sure about that but I like how he looked like he had rosy cheeks.
    Last edited by strawberry; 11-09-06 at 12:51 AM.

at first I thought the guy who plays chiaki is not so handsome but I change my mind after I see your screen caps.. HE'S REALLY CUTE... especially when he's sleeping.

The screencaps don't do Tamaki any justice, must watch the drama to fully comprehend the awesomeness of Tamaki. Did I ever mention just how gorgeous his cheekbones are?

Anyway, let's get back to the drama, I still have not watch episode 4 yet, waiting for the English soft subs to come out. Episode three was pretty fun, but not as fun as the first two, it's great to see how Chiaki is slowly influenced by the people around him and changing. I am hoping to see more character development of Nodame in future episodes, because currently, she's still a pretty one dimensional character.

does the drama has the same story as it is in manga??
    I can't wait to watch it too.. Where do you get it?

The screencaps don't do Tamaki any justice, must watch the drama to fully comprehend the awesomeness of Tamaki. Did I ever mention just how gorgeous his cheekbones are?
    I couldn't agree more. Add kissable lips too as in episode 4.

Anyway, let's get back to the drama, I still have not watch episode 4 yet, waiting for the English soft subs to come out. Episode three was pretty fun, but not as fun as the first two, it's great to see how Chiaki is slowly influenced by the people around him and changing. I am hoping to see more character development of Nodame in future episodes, because currently, she's still a pretty one dimensional character.

*Possible Spoilers*
    I found episode 4 enjoyable, hilarious and spirited. It continued to show Chiaki's realisation of the need for flexibility and sensitivity when dealing with music and the people around him - much of it prompted by Nodame. He's also warming up to her. Nodame's 'assaults' on Chiaki whenever she thought he unaware or asleep totally cracked me up. Kudos to Koide Keisuke in the role as Masumi. This role seems to give him so much more room to show off his acting potential than that in Oishii Puropozu which he didn't seem well suited for. It also didn't help that he was cast against a rather uninspiring Kyoko Hasegawa. I'm falling in love with the classical music pieces they have chosen to feature in the Nodame Cantabile although I've not really been one who enjoyed them much.

I heard that this drama is rather faithful to the manga. It seemed the case to me after watching the first two episodes since I'd read the first volume. Anyone can comment on that?

pssst jade_frosts, I am skipping the spoiler bits, I haven't watch ep 4 yet.

Quote Originally Posted by monkichi
    does the drama has the same story as it is in manga??
    I can't wait to watch it too.. Where do you get it?
    I heard that it's quite faithful to the manga as well, some folks who have read the manga even commented that the drama was one level up since there's real music accompanying the show.

I get the raw episodes from clubboxes (in korean) and the English soft subs from the folks at d-addicts. I believe there's also English and Chinese hard subbed version of the drama in torrents and clubboxes.

I couldn't agree more. Add kissable lips too as in episode 4.
    *Possible Spoilers*
    I found episode 4 enjoyable, hilarious and spirited. It continued to show Chiaki's realisation of the need for flexibility and sensitivity when dealing with music and the people around him - much of it prompted by Nodame. He's also warming up to her. Nodame's 'assaults' on Chiaki whenever she thought he unaware or asleep totally cracked me up. Kudos to Koide Keisuke in the role as Masumi. This role seems to give him so much more room to show off his acting potential than that in Oishii Puropozu which he didn't seem well suited for. It also didn't help that he was cast against a rather uninspiring Kyoko Hasegawa. I'm falling in love with the classical music pieces they have chosen to feature in the Nodame Cantabile although I've not really been one who enjoyed them much.

I heard that this drama is rather faithful to the manga. It seemed the case to me after watching the first two episodes since I'd read the first volume. Anyone can comment on that?
    I concur, hilarious in the first half and spirited in the second half. The performance was excellent. I'm tempted to get the manga but hesitated since it's not out entirely (and I really hate waiting.) Maybe I should be satisfied with the drama. Really Tamaki makes all the difference for me. (I fear that next time I see him on screen, I may begin to feel doki doki and then start making heart shape motions with my two hands.)

jade, allow me to go OT a bit on Top Caster. I finally finished Top Caster and it's not too bad. The other moment when I LOL was when Tsubaki dueled it out with the guy in black from another station. They were losing because Tsubaki couldn't play billiard. It was her last chance and she was about to shoot the ball then came our hero, the dashing Masato (Shosuke). The victorious music came in the background and our savor walked in slow motion to the pool table. He took the stick and aimed for the balls with great confidence. Then the camera zoomed in when the guy in black said 'you don't even know how to play.' Masato (Shosuke) was holding the stick the very wrong way. Shosuke was too cute when he tried to be funny with his dry sense of humor.

Overall, the drama was fairly ok. It wasn't really interesting or anything but I somewhat was satisfied even with the little romance they had. After all, for the Jdramas I've watched before they always have open ending for romance so eventhough the romance development was really lacking I like the fact that in the end Tamaki and Yada was dating and Yuki and Shosuke got married. As for eye candies, I love both Tamaki and Shosuke. Tamaki was so different in this drama. I don't know how to say it but he put on a different air when he acted and used his voice differently. In Top Caster, Tamaki was a down to earth average guy. As for Shosuke, he was just dashing. Last time I saw him in Hana no Ran and actually liked his character. He played a incompetent and a coward of a shogun but I couldn't bring myself to hate him (even he slept with his subordinates' wives.) All the while I was watching, I was rooting for the main girl to fall in love with him. In Top Caster, most times he remained serious but sometimes he could be silly and cute (when fighting with Yuki). But the fact that he matches so well with Yuki can not be denied. What I like about these two are also their smiles. Tamaki's silly smiles at Yada are naturally charming and sweet. Shosuke's smiles always give me a very warm feeling and there was a rare moment at the 'wedding' when he smiled fully. This utterly rare moment allowed me to see his beautiful smile for the first time.