View Poll Results: Yang Guo with Heavy Sword vs Sweeper Monk

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yang Guo with Heavy Sword wins

    11 16.92%
  • Sweeper monk wins

    54 83.08%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 102

Thread: Yang Guo+Heavy Iron Sword vs Sweeper Monk

  1. #41
    Senior Member CC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    I disagree. Don't forget, 9 Yin/9Yang are both Daoist internals described by ZBT as "having no boundaries" to improvements. When ZBT talked about WCY, ZBT felt that if WCY was still alive with his "boundless" internal improvements, he would be able to defeat the other 4 Greats in less than a day because those people have pretty much reached their peak because external arts are bounded while his internal is boundless. Later, it was mentioned 9 Yin was "on the same road" as QZ internal, except more improved and stronger. Since 9 Yang was in a way derived from 9 Yin and supposely "improved", I don't see why 9 Yang wouldn't have the "no boundary" improvement rule. Though the improvements wouldn't be insanely quick, but it would still be constantly improving when ZWJ is sleeping like GJ does. It would be like the improvement that GJ had from Pre 16 Years ROCH to Post 16 Years ROCH, which is still a significant improvement. Now, ZWJ is only 21 or so, imagine what his internal would be like when he is at Z3F's age.
    Yes that is what the theory which JY wrote indicates.

    Only thing is, at 16 GJ was <1% of the Greats, at 20, GJ was about 70% of the Greats. At 30, he was about = Great. At 50, he was at best slightly better.

    That kinda goes 100% against that line of logic.

    I think JY doesn't let the fact that one plot device defies another plot device as long as both plot devices fit his overall plot!
    Last edited by CC; 11-04-06 at 10:03 PM.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

  2. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    107

    Default

    lol i think sweeps have advanced 9 yang with advanced 9 yang shield , advanced 6msj palm addition, + additional advaned 9 yin, + Yijijing, + SYS and MRB internal = internal is like 2000 years old freaks.

  3. #43
    Senior Member Han Solo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    5,555

    Default

    Just playing devil advocate here,

    Even XZ who may have more internal energy than SM gets injured by a weapon, who is to say that SM may not be damaged by the HIS??

    Han Solo

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,451

    Default

    XZ's brute force inner power protection activates when he gets hit, though. There may not be much that any amount of inner power can do to alleviate the effects of strikes with sharp objects. On the other hand, Sweeper Monk's defense stops the attacking object or force from contacting with Sweeper Monk, stopping it at a certain distance from him (for example when MRF attacked him). It may not be possible for inner power to disperse the effects of a sword in the same way it disperses the effects of a palm, since the palm does damage through inner power and/or kinetic force, while the sword does damage through sharpness. But if a person's palm can be prevented from getting within x feet of SM through some kind of telekinetic force, there is no reason why a sword would not be similarly affected.

  5. #45
    Senior Member CC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo
    Just playing devil advocate here,

    Even XZ who may have more internal energy than SM gets injured by a weapon, who is to say that SM may not be damaged by the HIS??

    Han Solo
    I am sure if the HIS powered by anyone of Great level energy and above hits Sweeper Monks Head, Sweeps will be injured.

    But you have to hit him first? Even disregarding the shield, its easy enough to imagine Sweeps tapping YG before YG can even raise the HIS.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,451

    Default

    What if Yang Guo doesn't tap out? He might be determined like that.

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    523

    Default

    YG will win.

    Cause his his power will increase as his sadness increases....

    QF

  8. #48
    Senior Member IcyFox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    4,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    hm? Maybe pity for a broken arm? Or pity for his horrible life?
    Negative. The outcome of the match would depend largely on the reason for the match to start in the first place.

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    2,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CC
    Only thing is, at 16 GJ was <1% of the Greats, at 20, GJ was about 70% of the Greats. At 30, he was about = Great. At 50, he was at best slightly better.
    I think that partially had to do with the fact that he barely trained anymore after Pre 16 Years. GJ being busy with all the country war, barely had time to train. And even though you can improve your internal even through sleeping, I imagine GJ barely had any time to sleep having to worry about the Mongols 24 hours a day. I'm not saying that he didn't improve a lot, but I'm just saying that he improved a lot slower than he could have.

    On the other hand, when ZBT made that statement about his predictment, the WCY ZBT was referring to didn't have anymore country wars to worry about anymore;therefore being able to train on a regular basis. It was the same for WCY compared to GJ when WCY in his early days had to fight the Jin Empire. It was said that because WCY had to fight the Jin Empire, LCY momentarily surpassed him(but WCY would get the lead back after LCY got sick for a while). So I think having the time to train is also important.

    Therefore, for ZWJ, I can imagine him increasing at a good rate because at the end of HSDS, he completly retired from jianghu deciding to go to Mongolia with Zhao Min. Plus, ZWJ won't have much to do there, so I imagine him training.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出一阳指功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的一阳指功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

  10. #50
    Senior Member Bai Qi44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Kingdom of Qin
    Posts
    760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yittz
    Now we know that Earth defeated Venus with its size. Now imagine if Earth was reunited with its weapon (the Mars), which was rumoured to be of the same origin. How pawnage would that be in terms of size.

    So how do you think emo-Earth + heavy-iron Mars would do against Jupiter?

    7 have voted for E+M>J

    Just like Antares pawnages the Sun.

    http://spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=17225
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

    http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

  11. #51
    Senior Member CC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    I think that partially had to do with the fact that he barely trained anymore after Pre 16 Years. GJ being busy with all the country war, barely had time to train. And even though you can improve your internal even through sleeping, I imagine GJ barely had any time to sleep having to worry about the Mongols 24 hours a day. I'm not saying that he didn't improve a lot, but I'm just saying that he improved a lot slower than he could have.

    On the other hand, when ZBT made that statement about his predictment, the WCY ZBT was referring to didn't have anymore country wars to worry about anymore;therefore being able to train on a regular basis. It was the same for WCY compared to GJ when WCY in his early days had to fight the Jin Empire. It was said that because WCY had to fight the Jin Empire, LCY momentarily surpassed him(but WCY would get the lead back after LCY got sick for a while). So I think having the time to train is also important.

    Therefore, for ZWJ, I can imagine him increasing at a good rate because at the end of HSDS, he completly retired from jianghu deciding to go to Mongolia with Zhao Min. Plus, ZWJ won't have much to do there, so I imagine him training.
    Even allowing for that, we can just isolate it to the end of the Peach Blossom Island stay (where he definitely had time to train) and we have

    16 yrs : 1%
    20 yrs :70%
    30 yrs : 100%
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

  12. #52
    Senior Member Han Solo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    5,555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    I think that partially had to do with the fact that he barely trained anymore after Pre 16 Years. GJ being busy with all the country war, barely had time to train. And even though you can improve your internal even through sleeping, I imagine GJ barely had any time to sleep having to worry about the Mongols 24 hours a day. I'm not saying that he didn't improve a lot, but I'm just saying that he improved a lot slower than he could have.

    On the other hand, when ZBT made that statement about his predictment, the WCY ZBT was referring to didn't have anymore country wars to worry about anymore;therefore being able to train on a regular basis. It was the same for WCY compared to GJ when WCY in his early days had to fight the Jin Empire. It was said that because WCY had to fight the Jin Empire, LCY momentarily surpassed him(but WCY would get the lead back after LCY got sick for a while). So I think having the time to train is also important.

    Therefore, for ZWJ, I can imagine him increasing at a good rate because at the end of HSDS, he completly retired from jianghu deciding to go to Mongolia with Zhao Min. Plus, ZWJ won't have much to do there, so I imagine him training.
    I think that Athena had provided a strong defence against the claim that GJ did not train during the Xiang Yang defence in the past.

    Han solo

  13. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    2,343

    Default

    yes.... and that defitnitely made sense.....
    Ok, it's not like the Greats just stood at their current level x years ago. The Greats also improved. In addition, though there is constant growth, but having mastered 9 Yin, your growth will become slower, but still constant.
    IMO, the % that you gave sounded reasonable. In other words, based on that rate, if GJ did have time to train, he would have been significantly stronger than the Greats by the time he was 55. But no... after 33 years old, he would be spending the majority of the time saving the Song Dynasty.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出一阳指功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的一阳指功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

  14. #54
    Senior Member Han Solo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    5,555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CC
    I am sure if the HIS powered by anyone of Great level energy and above hits Sweeper Monks Head, Sweeps will be injured.

    But you have to hit him first? Even disregarding the shield, its easy enough to imagine Sweeps tapping YG before YG can even raise the HIS.
    Disregarding the so-called perfect defence of MRB and XYS, would a single tap by SM injured YG all that much?

    Lets say that YG came fully prepared, with info about SM, and using his Ancient Tomb's lightness kungfu, can SM tap him at will?

    Devil advocate ad hoc,
    Han Solo

  15. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,451

    Default

    Of course, it doesn't matter how good YG's lightness kungfu. Sweeper Monk's tap is fast, but it isn't fast, because the term fast is no longer applicable to his tap, since even though his tap seems to be fast it is beyond fast since it has transcended the physical limits of fastness.

  16. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    2,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo
    I think that Athena had provided a strong defence against the claim that GJ did not train during the Xiang Yang defence in the past.

    Han solo
    郭靖站起身来,哈哈一笑,说道:蓉儿,咱们行事但求无傀于天、无愧于心。为抗蒙古,帮手越多越好。这武林 盟主嘛,是谁当都一样。再说,邪不能胜正,这干人若是真有歹意,咱们便跟他们周旋一场,你的打狗棒法和我的降龙十八掌倒有十多年没动了呢,也未必就不管事了。
    Translation of that underlined part: Your Dog Beating Stick and my Dragon 18 Subdueing Palm hasn't been touched for 10+ Years.
    This quote from chapter 35 doesn't exactly give me the impression that GJ trained a lot....
    Again, I'm not saying that GJ didn't train, but I'm saying he barely trained and that his progress was MUCH slower than he if did train without all the Mongols and country stuff in his mind. And therefore, that is also part of the reason why GJ was never able to take that commanding lead over the other Greats. In addition, don't forget that the other Greats don't have GJ's burden of defending the country. Yideng and HYS were just out in jianghu. So GJ being busy and still maintaining a minor lead actually is still pretty impressive. And this just further strengthened by claim that if GJ did actually have the time to spend training, his lead over the other Greats should be significant.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出一阳指功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的一阳指功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

  17. #57
    Senior Member CC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo
    Disregarding the so-called perfect defence of MRB and XYS, would a single tap by SM injured YG all that much?

    Lets say that YG came fully prepared, with info about SM, and using his Ancient Tomb's lightness kungfu, can SM tap him at will?

    Devil advocate ad hoc,
    Han Solo
    Thats when Sweeper pulls out his other finishing move. The kick in the nuts!

    You know how those jackie chan/stephen chow comedies go. You expect the eye poke so you cover both eyes with hands, the other guy then jabs your throat or kicks your nuts.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

  18. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    2,343

    Default

    YG having 7 votes actually seem unbelievable to me. I was expecting 0.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出一阳指功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的一阳指功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

  19. #59
    Senior Member yittz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bai Qi44
    Just like Antares pawnages the Sun.

    http://spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=17225
    Lets leave DBZ characters out of this. :/
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

    Member of TC fanclub.

  20. #60
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,621

    Default

    After a haircut and a shave, this thread is back in business.

    IcyFox and Rong: please affirm that posts were deleted from this thread at user request so that nobody starts screaming "censorship."

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-06-18, 09:21 AM
  2. Replies: 93
    Last Post: 11-10-06, 11:43 AM
  3. Heavy iron sword
    By duguxiaojing in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-26-04, 05:40 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-18-04, 04:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •